27. Guest
28. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 464
 Member(s): 16
 Total: 480

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 30,374

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - Celestial Danio aka Galaxy Rasbora's
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

Celestial Danio aka Galaxy Rasbora's
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> Breeding & Fry Care
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Royston
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:31 am Post subject: Celestial Danio aka Galaxy Rasbora's Reply with quote

Dear  Friends,
 Does  anyone  have  any  experience  Keeping  and  Breeding  Celestial  Danio's  or  rather  Galaxy  Rasbora  in  India?

While  I  do  know  that  there  is  a  specific  site  for  these  little  beauties  http://celestialpearldanio.com/,  I  would  like  to  read  from  local  hobbyists  on  their  experiences  with  relevance  to  the  local  conditions.

Best  Regards

Royston
Mortis
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:18 pm Post subject: Re: Celestial Danio aka Galaxy Rasbora's Reply with quote

Hi,  did  you  see  them  when  you  went  to  Nautilus  ?  I  just  picked  up  2  pairs  from  them  yesterday.  They  are  currently  schooling  with  my  neon  tetras   Chuckle  

These  are  some  beautiful  fish.  From  what  I  have  read,  they  are  fairly  hardy  and  their  conditions/requirements  are  about  the  same  as  Zebra  danios  but  probably  need  slightly  better  water  conditions.  They  may  take  a  while  to  show  their  best  colours  and  will  do  best  in  a  planted  tank.  Since  it  is  a  schooling  fish,  8  or  more  would  do  well.  Im  going  to  pick  up  another  couple  of  pairs  tomorrow  before  they  are  all  sold  out.

Since  these  fish  are  rare  in  the  wild  I  hope  the  hobbyists  here  would  continue  Practical  fishkeepings  efforts  to  breed  and  share  them  with  hobbyists  rather  than  buying  wild  caught  ones.  I  am  going  to  move  them  to  a  species  only  tank  and  go  from  there
Royston
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:41 pm Post subject: Re: Celestial Danio aka Galaxy Rasbora's Reply with quote

Hi  Mortis,
 Tell  me  when  you  going  there  tomorrow  and  let's  catch  up.  I  am  available  on  9867218556.  Give  me  the  time  (if  possible)  today  itself  so  that  I  can  plan  the  visit  myself.

I  already  have  around  6  pairs  with  me  and  Yes,  did  buy  them  from  Nautilaus  the  last  time.  I  did  see  them  yesterday  as  well  when  I  went  there  with  Sameer  (Discusfav).  Planning  to  pick  another  4  Pairs  tomorrow  for  my  2  Ft  Tank.

Regards

Royston
discusfav
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:27 pm Post subject: Re: Celestial Danio aka Galaxy Rasbora's Reply with quote

hi  guys
 very  beautiful  fish  ,2  years  since  i  had  been  looking  for  it,and  now  nautilus  has  got  it  twice  in  two  months.i  have  5  pairs  in  a  24x15x15  planted  tank,thanks  to  royston  for  informing  me  about  the  availability  of  this  fish  at  nautilus.
 the  red  colour  is  not  showing  properly,even  though  live  daphnia  and  freeze  dried  tubifex  are  being  fed.they  keep  courting  but  not  seen  them  spawn  yet  unless  they  do  it  early  morning  and  the  shrimp  have  a  feast   Smile   (while  i  am  sleeping)
 tankmates  in  this  tank  are  endlers,cherry  shrimp,java  moss,xmas  moss,tiger  lily,java  fern  and  aponogeton.
 sameer
Mortis
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:55 pm Post subject: Re: Celestial Danio aka Galaxy Rasbora's Reply with quote

Hi  Royston  if  I  do  go  tomorrow,  it  will  be  around  6  -  6:30  after  work.  I  may  not  go  tomorrow,  it  depends  on  when  I  can  leave  work  and  how  lazy  I  feel  after  it  !  Chuckle  .  Will  definitely  give  you  a  call  if  Im  definitely  going.

Were  you  there  yest  around  3-4  ?  Some  guys  were  there  doing  major  Marine  and  Freshwater  shopping
Royston
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:18 am Post subject: Re: Celestial Danio aka Galaxy Rasbora's Reply with quote

No  that  was  not  me  for  sure.  I  was  there  on  Saturday  though  around  4:30  pm  to  5:  15  pm.  I  shall  be  going  in  this  afternoon  to  get  some  more  Galaxy  Rasbora's  for  my  2  Ft  Planted  Tank.

regards

Royston
Dabbu3288
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:52 pm Post subject: Re: Celestial Danio aka Galaxy Rasbora's Reply with quote

Did  you  happen  to  get  pairs  in  them  or  just  male  or  just  female??  PM  me  the  price  please!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
discusfav
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:58 pm Post subject: Re: Celestial Danio aka Galaxy Rasbora's Reply with quote

hi
 got  a  few  from  the  previous  lot  from  nautilus  that  had  both  males  and  females.
 sameer
Dabbu3288
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:03 pm Post subject: Re: Celestial Danio aka Galaxy Rasbora's Reply with quote

I  remember  Praful  asking  me  if  I  wanted  some  from  the  last  batch  stocked  in  the  small  tank  above  the  counter.  I  wanted  to  know  about  the  new  stock  that  has  come  and  price  for  the  same.  If  they  got  pairs  I  might  pick  them  up  tomorrow.  May  be  we  can  group  order  and  get  some  discounts!?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dabbu3288
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:05 pm Post subject: Re: Celestial Danio aka Galaxy Rasbora's Reply with quote

BTW  did  u  succeed  with  breeding  them??  Heard  the  technique  is  the  same  as  Zebra's  what  about  temp  and  other  parameters??
Royston
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:20 pm Post subject: Re: Celestial Danio aka Galaxy Rasbora's Reply with quote

Hey,
 We  going  there  tomorrow  self  and  Sameer(Discusfav)  want  to  join  in.  I  am  going  to  buy  4  pairs  so  we  can  definately  ask  for  a  discount

Regards
 Royston
trevor
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:21 pm Post subject: Re: Celestial Danio aka Galaxy Rasbora's Reply with quote

Dated  Feb/17/2007
 These  fish  were  the  rage  a  coupe  of  years  back.  Quite  a  few  of  our  members  have  kept  them.
 Have  a  great  time  keeping  them.  Plenty  of  live  food  or/and  dwarf  shrimp  and  moss  for  the  shrimp  to  hide  will  be  great  and  keep  the  fish  active.
Royston
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:55 pm Post subject: Re: Celestial Danio aka Galaxy Rasbora's Reply with quote

trevor  wrote  (View  Post):                

Dated  Feb/17/2007
 These  fish  were  the  rage  a  coupe  of  years  back.  Quite  a  few  of  our  members  have  kept  them.
 Have  a  great  time  keeping  them.  Plenty  of  live  food  or/and  dwarf  shrimp  and  moss  for  the  shrimp  to  hide  will  be  great  and  keep  the  fish  active.                

Hi  Trevor,

Does  it  mean  that  we  need  to  have  Shrimps  and  Moss  to  see  the  best  of  this  fish?

Regards

Royston
trevor
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:51 pm Post subject: Re: Celestial Danio aka Galaxy Rasbora's Reply with quote

Royston,  This  is  in  addition  to  the  blood  worms  and  tubifex  you  will  have  to  feed  them.
 It  means  your  fish  will  have  a  constant  supply  of  live  food.  The  rasboras  will  wait  outside  the  moss  playing  a  waiting  game  for  the  shrimp  to  come  out  and  then  devourer  them.  The  shrimp  are  also  no  fools.  Will  post  a  pic  of  them  waiting  for  the  shrimp.  Smile
discusfav
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:22 pm Post subject: Re: Celestial Danio aka Galaxy Rasbora's Reply with quote

hi  dabbu
 not  bred  it  till  now,just  been  a  month  since  i  got  them  .trying  to  get  all  info  abt  them  from  the  net.

hi  trevor
 does  it  mean  that  they  cannot  be  kept  with  cherry  shrimps,or  for  that  matter  any  shrimp.i  currently  have  them  in  a  tank  with  cherry  shrimps,but  not  observed  any  predation  or  declining  population.
 please  advise  ,then  i  can  remove  them  to  another  tank.

thanks  and  regards
 sameer
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  Breeding & Fry Care All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: