69. Guest
70. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 796
 Member(s): 0
 Total: 796

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 30,834

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - Indian biotope: Habitat study trip near Mumbai.
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

Indian biotope: Habitat study trip near Mumbai.
Goto page : 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> Fish Collection and Habitat Study Trips
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AshishK
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:52 am Post subject: Indian biotope: Habitat study trip near Mumbai. Reply with quote

Yesterday  we  went  for  fish  collection  trip  which  was  more  like  a  habitat  study  near  Mumbai  outskirts.  (Not  revealing  the  location   as  said  earlier  by  some  hobbyist).  

We  found  Green  Chromide  and  Oryzias,  we  were  really  lucky  to  find  the  actual  habitat  where  they  give  birth  to  new  born.  Also  collected  some  Stones.  We  came  across  the  natural  resource  of  mosquito  larvae.

1.  Mosquito  Larvae:

2.  Mosquito  Larvae:

3.  Before  2  months  the  stones  were  under  water.  The  place  where  we  found  Oryzias  and  Terapon  jarbua.  

4.  The  actual  biotpe  of  river.  

5.  The  place  where  we  found  Pair  of  Green  Chromide  with  more  than  200  babies.  (Don't  worry  we  only  caught  around  15  Green  Cchromide)  [Respect  the  mother  nature.]

6.  Left  :  Pramathesh  (Dabbu  3288)/  Right:  Prasad:  Our  common  friend.  
   Prasad  
biswadeb
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:02 am Post subject: Re: Indian biotope: Habitat study trip near Mumbai. Reply with quote

Kewl!!  looks  good..  any  pictures  of  the  fish  available??
AshishK
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:13 am Post subject: Re: Indian biotope: Habitat study trip near Mumbai. Reply with quote

I  collected  only  Green  Chromide,  for  photos  you  have  to  wait.  As  it  will  take  time  to  setup  the  new  biotope  tank  for  green  chromide.  I  will  surely  upload  photos  asa  i  am  done  with  the  tank.   
 For  Adult  size  you  have  to  google  :  Green  Chromide  (Etroplus  suratensis)

You  can  see  Green  Chromide  which  we  caught:  

Linelogic
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:26 am Post subject: Re: Indian biotope: Habitat study trip near Mumbai. Reply with quote

Quote:                
(Not  revealing  the  location   as  said  earlier  by  some  hobbyist).                  

Now  what's  the  deal  with  the  secret  ?!  Sound  smore  like  an  LFS  talk  than  a  hobbyist  talk   Chuckle
saikumar
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:30 am Post subject: Re: Indian biotope: Habitat study trip near Mumbai. Reply with quote

hmmm  something  in  its  eye  and  body  language  says  its  not  a  green  chromide.
 May  be  something  better!  (perch  or  something.  Sad  )  <<  Im  a  mug  though.

Thanks  for  the  pics  for  now,  but  do  post  some  pics  of  the  settled  fish  in  your  tank  if  you  got  them  home.

&  Good  luck.
AshishK
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:33 am Post subject: Re: Indian biotope: Habitat study trip near Mumbai. Reply with quote

Sorry  for  your  ignorant  reply.  I  am  not  able  to  understand  what  exactly  u  are  trying  to  say?  

I  have  no  problem  to  reveal  the  location,  but  as  i  read  in  the  earlier  post,  some  hobbyist  said  not  to  reveal  the  location.  Moderator  please  enlighten  about  revealing/or  not  revealing  the  location.
Yogesh

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:33 am Post subject: Re: Indian biotope: Habitat study trip near Mumbai. Reply with quote

Nice  catch,  did  you  guys  catch  any  other  variants  like  Oryzias,  Jarbuas  etc.?

AshishK  wrote  (View  Post):                
Not  revealing  the  location  &nbsp;as  said  earlier  by  some  hobbyist                

Do  not  seriously  follow  those  hobbyists'  quotes.  Chuckle  
 As  Beta  says  LFS  chaps  know  much  more  about  these  waterbodies  than  us.  Smile
 Ghodbunder  river  again??
AshishK
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:34 am Post subject: Re: Indian biotope: Habitat study trip near Mumbai. Reply with quote

@  Sai
 I  got  the  ID  of  this  fish  from  IAh  members  only.  Remember  last  time  i  posted  these  photos,  they  said  its  a  green  chromide.   Thumb Up  

Yep  will  surely  upload  photos  asa  i  am  done  with  the  tank.

@Yogoranda
 Yep  Godhbundar  river  only,  but  we  explored  the  other  side  of  the  river(Brakish),  where  we  found  some  other  species  but  were  not  able  to  catch  as  they  were  too  fast  moving.
Scorpio
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:00 pm Post subject: Re: Indian biotope: Habitat study trip near Mumbai. Reply with quote

Is  it  reflection  of  tree  in  photo  No.  3  or  any  aquatic  plant?
saikumar
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:18 pm Post subject: Re: Indian biotope: Habitat study trip near Mumbai. Reply with quote

AshishK  wrote  (View  Post):                
I  have  no  problem  to  reveal  the  location,  but  as  i  read  in  the  earlier  post,  some  hobbyist  said  not  to  reveal  the  location.  Moderator  please  enlighten  about  revealing/or  not  revealing  the  location.                

Very Happy  
 Bro  IMO  dont  do  it  if  you  find  some  awesome  looking  rare  specimens,  common  fish-  not  an  issue  to  share  the  spot!!

Thanks  for  the  ID  as  well.
AshishK
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:05 pm Post subject: Re: Indian biotope: Habitat study trip near Mumbai. Reply with quote

@  Scorpio  
 No  there  were  no  aquatic  plants.  You  can  see  moss  or  some  type  of  algae  in  the  photo  No.  5.

@Sai
 Yep  will  surely  take  care  next  time.  Next  time  trying  some  other  river  for  sure.  Smile
Royston
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:25 am Post subject: Re: Indian biotope: Habitat study trip near Mumbai. Reply with quote

Hey  Ashish,
 Why  not  invite  me  too  next  time  buddy.  I  would  love  to  go  out  with  you  guys.

Regards

Royston
Whitesnake
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:11 am Post subject: Re: Indian biotope: Habitat study trip near Mumbai. Reply with quote

me  as  well  Would  love  to  go  on   trip  like  this  

all  you  need  to  do  is  call
AshishK
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:35 am Post subject: Re: Indian biotope: Habitat study trip near Mumbai. Reply with quote

Extremely  sorry  guys,  never  thought  you  guys  will  be  interested.  I  am  trying  my  best  to  explore  Konkan   Region  next  week.  Are  you  interested  to  go  for  one  day  trip?  If  yes  then  buzz  me.  I  am  eagerly  waiting  for  people  to  join  in.  Please  PM  me  your  numbers,  when  i  return  back  from  my  trip  next  week  we  can  go  to  some  river  near  Mumbai  outskirt?   :thumb:

@Yogoranda
 Just  missed  your  other  question.  Yep  we  caught  few  Oryzias  too.  *Terapon  jarbua*  no  way   Surprised  ...they  are  pain  in  ass.  They  need  a  special  "specie  only  tank".  But  we  saw  one  fish  which  looked  like  Brichardi,  which  was  way  too  far  from  the  shallow  river  and  was  to  fast.
Royston
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:42 am Post subject: Re: Indian biotope: Habitat study trip near Mumbai. Reply with quote

Hi  Ashish,
 I  am  game  for  any  trip  on  the  out-skirts  of  mumbai.  Week-end  preferable.

I  am  sending  you  my  number  via  PM.

Regards

Royston
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  Fish Collection and Habitat Study Trips All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Goto page : 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 1 of 15

Jump to: