44. Guest
45. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 464
 Member(s): 16
 Total: 480

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 28,739

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - woods, golden stripes, and photography a great mix :rockon:
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

woods, golden stripes, and photography a great mix Rock On

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> Native Indian Fishes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
headbanger_jib
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:17 am Post subject: woods, golden stripes, and photography a great mix Rock On Reply with quote

As  the  drudgery  came  to  an  end
 saw  the  handy  camera  and  a  thought  sprang  into  the  numb  mind
 rolled  up  the  sleeves  and  picked  up  a  coffin  nail  as  i  sat  in  front  of  the  tank  of  the  beast

For  the  first  shot,  i  caught  him  off  guard,  as  he  saw  a  bright  light  hit  him  right  between  the  eyes  

although  he  looked  unperturbed,  he  sank  to  the  bottom  and  high  tailed  to  the  depth  of  the  tank,  away  from  the  irritant(me)

even  in  his  retreat  i  was  quite  unfazed  and  kept  shooting  light  at  the  beast  to  capture  the  serene  beauty  

The  golden  stripes  on  this  majestic  fish  have  quite  a  surreal  effect  

no  matter  how  many  times  captured,  theres  always  more  color  to  be  seen  from  a  different  angle

after  some  persuasion,  had  to  entice  him  with  some  dried  shrimp,  he  came  back  but  was  bit  jumpy  about  the  camera  being  pointed  at  him

As  the  attempts  to  draw  him  forth  with  dry  shrimp  went  in  vain,  drew  out  the  big  guns  and  picked  up  some  live  shrimp  and  now  we  got  some  results,  although  not  as  good  as  expected

After  the  initial  bout  of  bashfulness  the  curiosity  in  him  brought  him  out  in  the  open

After  the  barrage  of  flashes  the  fella  lost  the  intrigue  he  had  as  well  as  the  appetite  i  guess,  couldn't  get  him  to  come  forth  even  for  earthworms

as  he  started  to  leave  for  the  second  time,  i  shot  again  

he  stood  for  a  few  a  more  shots

this  time  he  left  for  real  

the  last  shot  i  shot  for  the  day  at  0230hrs  Very Happy
headbanger_jib
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:23 am Post subject: Re: woods, golden stripes, and photography a great mix :roc Reply with quote

Playing  with  the  light  got  me  this  absolutely  scary  shot

and  a  close  up  to  show  how  ugly  a  mug  this  fella  has
alpha91

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:17 am Post subject: Re: woods, golden stripes, and photography a great mix :roc Reply with quote

Love  the  first  shot  Jib!  Superb!``
Sidrock
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:51 am Post subject: Re: woods, golden stripes, and photography a great mix :roc Reply with quote

Great  pictures  Jib.

I  know  very  little  about  photography,  but  I  presume  you  are  using  alternate  sources  of  light  from  various  different  angles  to  take  these  pictures.  Can  you  also  post  a  regular  picture?

Cheers,
 Sid
headbanger_jib
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:44 pm Post subject: Re: woods, golden stripes, and photography a great mix :roc Reply with quote

alpha91  wrote  (View  Post):                
Love  the  first  shot  Jib!  Superb!``                
Thank  you  shubhankar

Sidrock  wrote  (View  Post):                

Great  pictures  Jib.

I  know  very  little  about  photography,  but  I  presume  you  are  using  alternate  sources  of  light  from  various  different  angles  to  take  these  pictures.  Can  you  also  post  a  regular  picture?

Cheers,
 Sid

thank  you,
 i  didn't  quite  get  you,  what  are  you  trying  to  confer  when  u  say  a  regular  picture,  i  mean  theres  no  such  thing  as  alternate  source  of  light  unless  you  have  a  predefined  benchmark  for  a  source  of  light

right  now  i  used  a  flash  as  the  source  of  light,  i  can't  take  pics  with  out  some  light  in  the  tank,  as  the  water  is  quite  like  tea  color,  and  the  lighting  in  the  fish  room  is  quite  dim
Gachua1
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:58 pm Post subject: Re: woods, golden stripes, and photography a great mix :roc Reply with quote

Wow,  simply  wow.  Aurantis  are  among  the  best-looking  fishes,  I  have  seen  so  far,  except  for  the  ugly  face  maybe,  hahaha

You  have  taken  some  awesome  photographs,  congrats!
random2

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:03 pm Post subject: Re: woods, golden stripes, and photography a great mix :roc Reply with quote

Superb  snaps  and  fish  Jib.  I  like  this  more  than  the  barca.
headbanger_jib
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:24 pm Post subject: Re: woods, golden stripes, and photography a great mix :roc Reply with quote

Gachua1  wrote  (View  Post):                
Wow,  simply  wow.  Aurantis  are  among  the  best-looking  fishes,  I  have  seen  so  far,  except  for  the  ugly  face  maybe,  hahaha

You  have  taken  some  awesome  photographs,  congrats!                

oh  yeah  one  among  the  best  looking  fishes  any  day,  but  its  their  temperament  is  what  i  like  the  most

oh  they  get  the  uglier  as  they  grow,  i  mean  the  smooth  scales  especially  on  the  head  get  more  and  more  like  barnacles  

and  the  coloration  on  the  face  especially  the  blue  reduces  and  the  dorsal  and  the  anal  fin  height  reduces

definitely  worth  a  single  tank,  thats  one  of  the  reasons  i  don't  mind  giving  it  a  90gal(4'x2'x1.5')  tank  of  its  own,  one  of  my  favorite  tank  and  fish  among  the  tanks  i  have  in  bangalore.
headbanger_jib
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:42 pm Post subject: Re: woods, golden stripes, and photography a great mix :roc Reply with quote

random2  wrote  (View  Post):                
Superb  snaps  and  fish  Jib.  I  like  this  more  than  the  barca.                

thank  you

Unless  u  see  a  barca  in  flesh  i  doubt  that  statement  holds  good
 a  Barca  is  in  a  class  of  its  own,  the  most  beautiful  fish  i  have  ever  seen  in  flesh  till  date

anyways  here's  a  pic  i  took  of  one  of  the  barcas  a  friend  of  mine  has  

natbox
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:39 pm Post subject: Re: woods, golden stripes, and photography a great mix :roc Reply with quote

Drool  
 the  above  emoticon  sums  up  my  expression.
Seetharam

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 2:07 am Post subject: Re: woods, golden stripes, and photography a great mix :roc Reply with quote

Awesome  pictures  Jib  ...........  And  i  completely  agree  on  the  Barca  comment  ,  The  one  picture  that  captivated  me  of  the  barca  is  in  the  link  below

http://www.flickr.com/photos/13575191@N02/3491494274

and  the  next  favourite  is  in  the  link  below

http://media.photobucket.com/image/channa%20barca/kimberlymeagan/Fish/ChannaBarca.jpg

After  seeing  these  pictures  ,  i  did  want  to  get  my  hands  on  the  Barca  and  its  still  on  my  agenda  when  i  move  to  a  bigger  place  and  can  provide  a  nice  big  tank  for  a  pair  .............  and  oh  yeah  of  course  a  bank  to  fund  me  a  personal  loan   Chuckle
Preeths
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 11:21 pm Post subject: Re: woods, golden stripes, and photography a great mix :roc Reply with quote

Very  nice  pictures   Thumb Up
headbanger_jib
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 7:21 am Post subject: Re: woods, golden stripes, and photography a great mix :roc Reply with quote

natbox  wrote  (View  Post):                
Drool  
 the  above  emoticon  sums  up  my  expression.                
thats  the  same  way  i  felt  when  i  first  saw  an  auranti  in  a  pic  almost  2  years  ago

Seetharam  wrote  (View  Post):                

Awesome  pictures  Jib  ...........  And  i  completely  agree  on  the  Barca  comment  ,  The  one  picture  that  captivated  me  of  the  barca  is  in  the  link  below
 After  seeing  these  pictures  ,  i  did  want  to  get  my  hands  on  the  Barca  and  its  still  on  my  agenda  when  i  move  to  a  bigger  place  and  can  provide  a  nice  big  tank  for  a  pair  .............  and  oh  yeah  of  course  a  bank  to  fund  me  a  personal  loan   Chuckle

thank  you  seetharam
 ashdavid's  fotografy  and  his  collection  has  always  been  an  inspiration  to  a  lot  of  people  out  there

instead  of  buying  a  big  tank  and  then  buying  a  pair,  buy  a  pair  and  if  they  out  grow  your  tank,  i  can  help  u  by  taking  them  off  your  hands  :D

Preeths  wrote  (View  Post):                

Very  nice  pictures   Thumb Up

thank  you
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  Native Indian Fishes All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: