42. Guest
43. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 1,909
 Member(s): 0
 Total: 1,909

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 30,873

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - Gift to my sister -- Update after a very long time
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

Gift to my sister -- Update after a very long time
Goto page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> Aquascaping
View previous topic :: View next topic  
josyjames
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:31 pm Post subject: Gift to my sister -- Update after a very long time Reply with quote

A  planted  tank  gift  for  my  sister's  new  flat...

Tank  Specs

Tank  Size:  36"  L  x  20"  W  x  20"  H
 Light:  55W  *  4  Nos  (5hrs  running  in  timer)
 CO2:  Pressurized  setup.  2KG  connected  through  Solenoid
 Substrate:  ADA  Amazonia  2  (2.5  bags  used)

Its  been  two  week  since  the  tank  is  setup.  No  fauna  introduced  still.  Will  be  introducing  RCS  this  weekend.

Would  like  to  thank  my  friends  (Prashanth,  Vignesh  &  Anandrajkumar  in  making  the  tank,  setting  the  scape  and  ideas  for  the  entire  setup.

Comments  are  welcome...  Smile  

3  Feeter

Last edited by josyjames on Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kuna
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:50 pm Post subject: Re: Gift to my sister Reply with quote

Its  Prashanta  Shelly  (not  Prashanth  Smile  )
sid_p
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:55 pm Post subject: Re: Gift to my sister Reply with quote

Really  loved  the  scape  Shelly   Smile   Awesome  tank!
coldfear39
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:58 pm Post subject: Re: Gift to my sister Reply with quote

Nice  one  Shelly  Smile
Hamza
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:21 pm Post subject: Re: Gift to my sister Reply with quote

Firstly,  why  dont  you  embed  pictures  onto  your  posts  using  [img]  tags?

The  process  is..  open  an  image  in  picasa>right  click  anywhere  on  image>select  copy  image  location  from  drop  down  menu>come  back  to  your  post>pase  it  within  [img]  [/img]  tags.

Simple!  I  hope  it  helps.

Coming  to  the  setup,  what  a  wonderful  gift  that  is!  I  wish  someone  present  me  such  gifts.

On  the  scaping  part,  I  feel  a  few  things  necessary,  if  you  like  to  give  it  a  thought...

1)I  feel  that  the  beautiful  wood  should  have  been  exposed  naturally  at  places.  I  could  hardly  make  out  that  such  nice  pieces  of  wood  exist  there.

2)The  round  cobbles/pebbles  are  spoiling  the  scape  with  harsh  contrast  and  I  see  no  purpose  having  them.

3)You  should  increase  light  duration  now(its  past  two  weeks  now)  as  plants  are  showing  light  deficiency  symptoms.

4)How  much  CO2  are  you  pumping  in?  Increase  it  to  3-4bps  or  have  an  indicator  for  it  to  ensure  you  get  right  levels  of  it.

5)The  anubias  is  at  a  very  wrong  place  for  two  reasons,  first  its  a  shade  loving  plant  kept  under  high  light  at  a  top  spot  and  second  its  taking  the  light  from  the  light  loving  plants  below  it(shading  them).

You  can  reposition  it  right  under  the  wood(I  mean  in  front  of  it  at  the  base)  where  its  apparantly  empty,  then  the  wood  and  the  background  stem  plants  will  get  some  good  exposure  to  the  viewer.
 The  anubias  will  be  happy  as  well  with  much  less  GSA.

6)  Try  giving  glosso  a  trim  to  encourage  lateral  shoots.

Did  you  start  dosing  yet?
drug
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:28 pm Post subject: Re: Gift to my sister Reply with quote

Nice
coldfear39
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:41 pm Post subject: Re: Gift to my sister Reply with quote

Hey  Shelly,
 Introduce  some  fishes  which  will  have  nice  shoaling  effect  Smile
saumya
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:00 am Post subject: Re: Gift to my sister Reply with quote

nice  woods
Deepak267
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:38 am Post subject: Re: Gift to my sister Reply with quote

good  setup..  i  hope  it  will  mature  and  settle  in  next  4-6  week..  

Good  luck  

Deepak
sunnysinha
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:13 am Post subject: Re: Gift to my sister Reply with quote

there  is  a  fish  in  pic  number  18.  and  you  mentioned  that  u  hv  not  introduced  any  fauna  in  it.  I  hv  seen  this  aquarium  at  many  places.  I  hope  its  not  a  copied  one.
arjundogra
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:15 am Post subject: Re: Gift to my sister Reply with quote

Nice  setup  shelly,  and  a  great  gift.  
 I  agree  with  Hamza  the  rocks  have  to  go  you  could  add  rocks  which  have  textue  and  are  a  bit  darker  in  colour  and  the  anubius  is  too  high  on  the  setup  its  sure  to  get  algae  on  the  leaves,  i  guess  you  can  already  see  signs  of  it..just  these  minor  changes  and  in  a  months  time  its  sure  going  to  look  great..  all  the  best
Anandarajkumar
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:46 am Post subject: Re: Gift to my sister Reply with quote

Nice  Setup  Shelly.  Honestly  I  did  not  do  any  physical  help,  all  credit  to  Vignesh  and  Prashanta  only!
Scorpio
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:59 am Post subject: Re: Gift to my sister Reply with quote

Nice.
bmukh
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:45 am Post subject: Re: Gift to my sister Reply with quote

Shelly,
 Its  because  of  the  potential  of  this  tank,  I  am  commenting  a  few  things:
 On,  my  personal  bias  first,  I  am  a  great  fan  of  branchy  driftwoods  and  therefore  want  such  drftwoods  to  have  a  prominent  space.  Therefore,  I  completely  agree  with  Hamza,  the  driftwoods  are  awesome  but  are  now  lost  in  the  scape.  If  only  you  had  kept  them  ---separated  as  is  the  layout  in  the  baretank  it  would  have  looked  stunning!  
 Two,  Anubias  leaves----the  Anubias  leaves,  the  way  you  have  placed  will  have  two  problems.  One,  being  so  close  to  the  light  it  will  soon  attract  all  kinds  of  algae.  Two,  the  leaves  are  too  bg  for  the  scape.  Given  the  driftwood  and  its  narrow  branches....it  would  be  good  to  have  narrow  leaved  plants.  You  can  try  some  Fern  (Windelov,  Bolibitis)  and  "hide"  the  Anubias  to  some  lower  bottom  sorner  to  fill  up  a  dark  spot  maybe.

This  tank  should  be  a  stunner  ...not  that  it  doesnt  look  stunning,  but  if  only  the  driftwoods  have  some  empty  space  around  them  Smile   Smile   Smile  

Cheers
 Bappa
bmukh
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:50 am Post subject: Re: Gift to my sister Reply with quote

Oh  just  two  things,  time  may  not  be  ripe  yet  to  introduce  RCS....give  the  tank  4  weeks  before  you  introduce  livestocks......and  in  case  you  want  to  separate  the  driftwoods,  your  placements  of  the  two  woods  are  fine  (pics  1-4)....except  that  you  can  think  of  rotating  the  one  on  the  left  anticlockwise  90  degrees  so  that  the  extended  branch  points  towards  the  other  wood.....
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  Aquascaping All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Goto page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: