210. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 464
 Member(s): 16
 Total: 480

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 30,825

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - Self Introduction
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

Self Introduction
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 94, 95, 96  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> New Members and Beginners
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zakk
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:23 am Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hello!

I  thought  I'd  take  this  opportunity  to  properly  introduce  my  self.

My  name  is  Viresh  Fleming  however,  most  friends  call  me  either  Zakk  or  by  my  World  Of  Warcraft  (WoW)  name  Eluviet.  I  have  been  keeping  fish  since  the  age  of  13.  (I  am  30  years  old  as  of  January.  Yes  it  has  been  a  long  time  -  the  amount  of  money  i  have  pumped  into  this  hobby  could  have  gotten  me  a  flat  today  Very Happy)

My  interests  include  music,  guitars,  poetry,  web  designing,  gaming,  fish  keeping,  street  racing.  It  has  been  years  since  I  played  the  guitar  or  with  any  band  but  works  are  in  the  pipeline  with  a  custom  guitar  being  made  by  hand.

I  co-own  a  gaming  server  and  work  is  in  progress  for  a  few  java  based  multiplayer  online  games.

In  the  past  I  have  had  a  number  of  tanks,  most  of  them  custom  built,  including  my  pride  and  joy  custom  56  gallon  (wide  body)  tank.  My  current  set  up  is  a  simple  lightly  planted  20  gallong  (long)  tank.  My  primary  fish  are  dwarf  cichlids  and  schooling  dither  fish.  My  methods  are  unconventional  when  it  comes  to  treating  sick  fish  but  it  works  for  me.I  do  not  believe  in  chemical  medication  but  rather  prefer  natural  methods.

Cheers!
Rohit1076
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:31 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hi  All,

My  name  is  Rohit  Sharma.  6mnths  back  I've  shifted  base  to  Bangalore  from  Delhi.  I'm  into  Architecture  &  Interiors  business.
 I've  been  keeping  fishes  for  the  past  10  years,  mostly  Cichlids  like  Oscars,  Texas.  Now  for  the  past  few  months  since  I've  shifted  to  Bangalore,  I've  started  liking  Flower  horns,  Arwanas.  I've  got  4  tanks  of  5ft  x  2ft  x  2.5ft  in  Delhi.  In  Bangalore,  I've  got  1  4ft  tank  &  1  3ft  tank.  I've  got  1Thai  Silk  Short  Body,  1  Oscar  (Tiger),  2  Texas  &  2  Parrots  in  4ft  tank.  (The  fishes  are  small  so  still  in  a  community  tank).  The  other  tank  has  1  Male  Flower  Horn  3"  size.

Its  great  to  be  part  of  IAH  as  I  hope  to  learn  lot  more  things  from  all  the  experienced  guys  out  there.
 "HAPPY  FISHING"

P.S.  I  need  help  for  locating  good  &  reasonable  Shops  with  real  exotic  fresh  water  fishes  &  genuine  food  supplies  in  Bangalore  as  today  every  T.D.H  has  opened  up  aquarium  shops  &  simply  minting  money  with  no  focus  on  quality  &
 service.
...  Pls  help!
Zakk
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:20 am Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Where  in  B'lore  are  you  at  Rohit?  Look  for  The  Aquarium  Store,  80  Ft  Road,  Near  IA  Resthouse,  Indiranagar.
Rohit1076
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:01 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Zakk  wrote  (View  Post):                
Where  in  B'lore  are  you  at  Rohit?  Look  for  The  Aquarium  Store,  80  Ft  Road,  Near  IA  Resthouse,  Indiranagar.                

I  stay  in  Coles  Road,  Frazer  Town.  I've  been  too  "The  Aquarium  Store"....  Its  nice  though.  Where  can  I  get  exotic  one's  like  Frontosa  &  similar  ones???
Sagar4
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:45 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hi  All  ,

My  Name  is  Sagar.I  had  this  hobby  during  my  childhood  for  5-6  yrs  after  which  I  could  not  continue  due  to  some  reasons.  However  I  am  back  again.Proud  owner  of  a  Aquarium  in  my  new  House  after  15  years.  I  work  in  the  field  of  IT  and  based  out  of  Kolkata.  I  am  very  much  excited  to  join  Indian  Aquarium  Hobyist  .I  think  think  this  be  a  great  forum  to  get  knowledge  form  the  experts  all  over  India..  

Thanks  

Sagar
Zakk
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:44 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

TAS  used  to  stock  fronts.  Not  sure  what  is  he  stockin  now  a  days.
Elang
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:26 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

I  am  Elango,  a  software  engineer  working  in  Mysore.

I  started  keeping  fish  when  i  was  @  school.  Later  because  of  the  work  which  i  do,  i  wasnt  able  to  continue  it.
 Now  once  again  i  started  fish  keeping  and  hoping  to  do  my  best.

To  start  with,  i  have  a  15  L*  12H*9W  tank  which  is  a  kind  of  small...
 I  have  a  pair  of  silver  sharks  and  gold  fish...  

Thanks,
 Elang
parthapratim22
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:15 am Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Welcome  Elango...

Enjoy  fishkeeping...but  your  tank  is  too  small  for  your  fishes....best  of  luck...
Elang
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:43 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Yup..  i  know  that..  i  am  not  able  to  upgrade  because  i  wont  be  staying  in  Mysore  for  a  long  time...

Thanks,
 Elang
ironhorse
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:04 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Namaste,
 I  am  Tejas  kamalkar  from  Kolhapur/Mumbai.  grad  student.  into  fishkeeping  since  5  years  .tried  variety  of  antics  with  betta  splendens  ,FH,Guppies,goldfish,Angels,Discus.  achieved  sucess  with  betta  breeeding  ,  took  a  break  and  gave  all  fishes  and  setup  to  someone,  back  in  hobby  since   a  year  now.
   5  tanks
 3  x  65g  36*24*18
 2  x  18*12*9  
 some  more  stuff..
 thankyou
Sankaranns
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:46 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hi  every  one......

I  am  Sankaranarayanan.N.S.  I  am  doing  diploma  in  electronics  enginering(final  year)..

I  am  in  the  hobby  for  past  8  years..I  started  my  hobby  with  just  2  guppies..yet  now  I  have  many  fishes  like  Gold  fish.Mollies.Platies,Gouramies,Swords,Beta,Tiger  barbs  etc  etc...
 When  I  am  studying  6th  std..my  frnd  bought  guppies  from  some  where  and  bring  it  to  school  and  show  to  us...(I  still  remember  that  moment...when  i  am  sawing  guppies  first  time)..From  there  my  hobby  began...
 When  I  started  hobby,there  are  lot  of  objections  from  my  family...(we  are  brahmins  so  they  dont  allowed  the  fish  inside  the  house)..Then  problems  to  problems...

Bt  now  every  one  has  supporting  me...
 Let  u  know  abt  my  first  tank...

I  think  when  I  am  studying  7th.yes...My  lovely  mom  gave  me  150rupees  to  buy  the  tank...(one  of  the  happiest  moment  ever  in  my  life)..Then  me  and  my  sister  lalitha  went  to  aquarium  shop  12km  away  and  bought  a  small  tank  for  80rupees..tank  sixze  is  9inchLx6inchBx6inchH..I  also  bought  some  fishes  also(guppies  bcs  I  only  know  that  fish  and  how  to  care)...I  also  remember  that  when  my  mom,me,and  my  sister  went  to  aqua  shop  firts  time,we  were  struggled  to  find  that   shop  bcs  before  there  we  dont  know  where  the  shop  is...

Years  are  past....

Now  I  have  3  tanks  including  first  one..

30x12x15  (inches)
 10x10x15  (inches)

also  many  glass  jars,tubs,pond  etc...

Thanks  to  my  parents...especially  my  lovely  mom..

also  thank  to  GOD........
manojkp
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:15 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hello!

Greetings  to  everyone.  Very Happy   

I'm  Manoj  Pillai  and  am  from  Vadodara,  Gujarat  and  am  into  sales  management  (Financial  Sector).
 I  have  been  into  the  hobby  for  close  to  1  year  now.  currently  have  only  1  tank  39X15X18(inches).  Started  off  with  8  Gold  Fish,  2  SK,  4  Tiger  Sharks  and  2  pleco.
 Over  the  months,  this  has  changed  and  i  do  not  know  what  you  would  call  my  tank  now   Surprised     -  1  GF,  2  Silver  Sharks,  2  SK,  3  Tiger  Sharks,  2  Golden  Gouramis,  2  Moonlight  Gouramis,  3  Blue  gouramis,  2  mono  angels,  2  black  ghosts,  1  rainbow  shark,  1  redtail,  1  eel,  2  bengal  queen  loaches,  2  silver  dollars,  4  butterfly  koi,  2  koi,  2  snails,  4  red  eye  tetras,  1  dennisoni  barb,  2  ramirezi,  2  pencil.  all  these  have  been  getting  along  well  for  almost  3-4  months  now.

My  1st  project  now  -  DIY  Overflow  and  a  Baffle  Filter.  have  started  on  it.  shall  upload  soon.
 2nd  Project  -  build  a  5'X15"X18"  planted  aquarium,  hope  to  get  this  done  in  6-9  months!

my  other  area  of  interest  -  Photography!

hope  to  be  around  for  long  and  get  valuable  inputs  from  all  here...

Regards,
aquariumer
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:31 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

welcome  Manoj

your  tank  is  over  crowded
Thotapm
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:41 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Greetings  Everyone,

I'm  Madhav  Thota.  Though  I  have  been  in  this  hobby  for  past  7  years,  it  was  more  to  do  with  decorating  tanks  with  artificial  stuff  with  some  nice  fish.

I  have  recently  converted  my  tank  to  a  planted  aquarium  with  DIY  CO2  and  ~80  watts  PLL  lighting.

I  am  interested  in  DIY  which  are  cheap  and  also  effective  alternates  to  keep  going  in  this  hobby.  

I  have  30x15x18  and  it's  been  just  a  week  that  I  have  filled  my  tank  with  15L  of  CONTROSOIL  with  some  DIY  driftwood.
 Few  Amazon  swords,   Cabomba,  small  Rizhome  of  Needleaf  fern,  Riccia  tied  to  rocks  for  future  carpeting,  Christmas  moss  tied  to  driftwood  are  part  my  tank.  Rosy  Barbs,  Serpae  tetras  &  a  pair  of  RTS  

I'm  very  thankfull  this  forum  and  it's  members  for  provding  great  inputs.

I'm  from  Hyderabad  &  I  hope  to  meet  others  from  Hyderabad  soon.

regards
 Madhav
TheSwordfish
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:24 am Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hi  All,

This  is  Isaac  from  Bangalore  and  have  been  in  this  hobby  since  my  childhood  (fish  only  till  2010),  but  off  late  more  interested  in  planted  tanks  after  seeing  all  your  tank  snaps  and  reading  all  these  vast  and  wonderful  topics.  All  these  topics  have  inspired  and  educated  me  to  a  great  extent  in  this  hobby.

Had  started  off  with  a  Horlicks  bottle  with  2  Guppies   Very Happy  ,  then  Gold  Fish  and  so  on...  Currently  am  only  into  low  tech  planted  tanks  as  space  is  a  constraint.  Will  be  upgrading  to  reasonably  hi-tec  (hopefully)  with  pressurized  CO2  set-ups.  Getting  the  CO2  would  be  easy  as  my  dad  himself  is  a  CO2  dealer,  but  the  entire  process  of  maintaining  and  growing  these  hi-tec  plants  would  be  a  challenge  though   Smile  

Wishing  you  all  a  wonderful  journey  in  this  hobby...  Keep  up  this  great  work   Thumb Up  

At  present,  the  tanks  I  have  are  mentioned  below:

24"x12"x12"  
 Laterite  base  topped  with  Contro  Soil,  Red  Moor  Wood,  DIY  CO2,  1  x  36w  PLL  &  1  2'  Sunsun  tube
 Filter  -  Sunsun  HJ532  with  spray  bar  &  a  Biological  sponge
 Flora  -  Anubias,  Ferns,  Myriophyllum,  Dwarf  Sag,  Hygrophila  Difformis,  Dwarf  Crypts,  Rotala  Rotundifolia,  Christmas  Moss
 Fauna  -  Endlers,  Albino  Red  Eye  Guppies,  Cherry  Barbs,  White  Clouds,  Dwarf  Neon  Rainbows
 Invertebrates  -  Ghost  shrimps,  RCS,  Rainbow  shrimps,  Amano  shrimp

24"x12"x12"  
 River  sand,  Unknown  type  of  driftwood  and  only  a  23w  CFL
 Filter  -  RS  internal  power  filter
 Flora  -  Swords,  Crypts,  Red  Lily
 Fauna  -  Golden  Algae  Eater,  Various  Corries,  Swordtails,  Buenos  Aires  tetras,  Mollies

18"x12"x9"
 Aquaclay  base  with  Contro  Soil,  Red  Moor  Wood  Root,  DIY  CO2,  1  x  36w  PLL  canopy
 Filter  -  Sunsun  HJ532  with  spray  bar
 Flora  -  Myriophyllum,  Ambulia,  Rotala  Rotundifolia,  Dwarf  Sag,  Crypts,  Subwassertang,  Amazon  Frogbits
 Fauna  -  Neon  Tetra,  Black  Neons,  Albino  Black  Neons,  Dario  Dario  &  an  Otocinclus
 Invertebrates  -  RCS,  Rainbow  shrimps,  Amano  shrimp

12"x9"x7"
 Fine  white  sand  with  few  Driftwood  twigs,  1  x  clamp  on  11w  PLL  light
 Filter  -  a  tiny  sponge  filter  attached  to  an  air  pump
 Flora  -  Moss,  Pellia,  Ferns  &  Anubias
 Fauna  /  Inverts  -  Few  CRS  &  Rainbow  shrimps  with  their  fry
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  New Members and Beginners All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 94, 95, 96  Next
Page 65 of 96

Jump to: