158. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 1,909
 Member(s): 0
 Total: 1,909

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 30,891

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - Forum Postings
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

Forum Postings
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> Site Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
psimhan
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:22 pm Post subject:  Reply with quote

Thats  a  pretty  wierd  looking  persian  kitten.  Loved  the  rest  though  even  though  I  am  more  of  a  dog  person.  Almost  had  me  wanting  to  get  one.

If  you  are  going  skimmer  less,  try  to  cure  in  buckets  rather  than  the  tank  itself.  That  way  you  get  to  save  on  water  expenses.  Even  an  airstone  skimmer  would  help  I  would  think,  just  has  cure  for  longer  or  rather  the  time  for  the  skimmer  to  pull  the  junk  out  will  be  more.
supershaji
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:58 pm Post subject: well, actually, its a fish Smile Reply with quote

psimhan  wrote:                

Thats  a  pretty  wierd  looking  persian  kitten.  Loved  the  rest  though  even  though  I  am  more  of  a  dog  person.  Almost  had  me  wanting  to  get  one.

If  you  are  going  skimmer  less,  try  to  cure  in  buckets  rather  than  the  tank  itself.  That  way  you  get  to  save  on  water  expenses.  Even  an  airstone  skimmer  would  help  I  would  think,  just  has  cure  for  longer  or  rather  the  time  for  the  skimmer  to  pull  the  junk  out  will  be  more.                

hi  Pradeep!

was  nice  speaking  to  u  on  the  fone...

thats  Andthe  Wabbit,  a  Holland  Dwarf  Lop,  was  my  room-mate  when  i  was  in  Cambridge,  UK..  had  to  leave  him  behind  because  the  indian  govt  didnt  lemme  bring  him  in  because  of  da  foot  and  mouth  scare!  i  was  paying  his  logdging  until  recently...  u  know...  a  li'l  hope!  Very Happy  sigh!

coming  back  to  LR.....  so  put  it  in  a  bucket  of  salt  water  along  with  a  powerhead  and  keep  lifting  the  debri  as  and  when  it  occurs  until  it  stops  stinking?  is  a  skimmer  absolutely  neccessary  when  keeping  LR  in  a  tank?  i  hafta  buy  one,  and  was  recommended  a  motor  skimmer  for  my  sized  tank.

but  i  do  remember  reading  that  i  could  place  an  uncured  in  a  fishless  tank  and  cure  the  rock  as  well  as  cycle  the  tank  simultaneously.

waiting  for  repllies!

Shaji
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
supershaji
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:23 pm Post subject:  Reply with quote

thanx  aquascapes  ma'man!!

lets  not  get  too  nippy  on  me  wabbit  man,  its  a  sensitive  issue  ..::nip  nip::..

urs  was  a  detailed  reply....  will  get  on  it...  really  cant  bear  the  stink  ...its  awful!!

will  keep  u  posted  mates!

Shaji
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
aquascapes
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:44 pm Post subject:  Reply with quote

Quote:                
lets  not  get  too  nippy  on  me  wabbit  man,  its  a  sensitive  issue  ..::nip  nip::..                  

it  should  not  be  a  sensitive  issue  we  all  are  friends  here  and  IAH  will  be  a  better  place  if  we  understand  each-other  better!
 as  far  as  the  animals  go  I  have  a  long  list..myself    Very Happy  and  the  moderators  will  be  mad  at  me  if  I  list  them  all  here    Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
supershaji
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:26 pm Post subject:  Reply with quote

aquascapes  wrote:                

Quote:                

it  should  not  be  a  sensitive  issue  we  all  are  friends  here  and  IAH  will  be  a  better  place  if  we  understand  each-other  better!
 as  far  as  the  animals  go  I  have  a  long  list..myself    Very Happy  and  the  moderators  will  be  mad  at  me  if  I  list  them  all  here    Smile                

hey,  i  was  just  kidding  man!  i  know  we're  all  buddies  here  and  thats  why  we're  here  on  the  forum  to  learn  and  to  guide.  and  also  thats  why  there's  a  li'l  bit  of  irrelevant  chit-chat  every  now  and  then  in  odd  threads!

do  PM  me  what  other  pets  u  have,  or  start  a  thread  in  the  chit  chat  section..  strange,  butt  madan  deleted  the  pics  of  my  cats  staring  at  the  aquarium...  ho  well,  its  more  his  forum  than  ours..  fishy  Wink

coming  back  to  Live  Rock,  does  it  neccessarily  have  to  be  kept  soaked  in  marine  water  to  cycle?  i  do  understand  that  thats  done  to  keep  the  living  organisms  on  it  alive,  but  considering  that  i  got  most  of  these  rocks  dried  and  out  of  water,  presumably  out  of  water  of  any  kind  for  a  long  long  time!

whats  say?

Shaji
rrsriram
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:35 pm Post subject:  Reply with quote

supershaji  wrote:                
do  PM  me  what  other  pets  u  have,  or  start  a  thread  in  the  chit  chat  section..  strange,  butt  madan  deleted  the  pics  of  my  cats  staring  at  the  aquarium...  ho  well,  its  more  his  forum  than  ours..  fishy  Wink

Hello  Shaji,

Please  refrain  from  making  comments  about  Madan  or  any  admin  or  moderators  or  members  or  IAH  on  the  whole.

No  personal  remarks  what  so  ever.  Hope  i  am  making  it  clear  to  you.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
supershaji
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:20 pm Post subject:  Reply with quote

lovely!

murthy  wrote:                

Dont  mind  my  saying  it,but  shaji,try  to  focus....try  to  learn  as  much  as  you  can  about  your  marine  tank  before  you  jump  into  it.That  way  you  would  be  adding  constructively  to  the  threads.If  it  were  not  for  aquascape's  request  to  see  your  live  rock,you'd  be  busy  "curing"  dead  coral.  
 Focus  pal,focus,and  research!                  

dear  genius,  im  not  here  to  

Quote:                
add  constructively  to  the  threads                
,  im  here  because  i  know  nothing  abt  marines  and  fish  keeping  as  such...  i  was  as  genius  as  u,  i  wouldn't  waste  my  time  here..  and  like  u  said,  im  just  doing  my                                                    
Quote:                
research                

so  murty  

Quote:                
Focus  pal,focus,                

ROFL  

no  offence  meant!  Smile

rrsriram  wrote:                

supershaji  wrote:                
....  or  start  a  thread  in  the  chit  chat  section..  strange,  butt  madan  deleted  the  pics  of  my  cats  staring  at  the  aquarium...  ho  well,  its  more  his  forum  than  ours..  fishy  Wink

Hello  Shaji,

Please  refrain  from  making  comments  about  Madan  or  any  admin  or  moderators  or  members  or  IAH  on  the  whole.

No  personal  remarks  what  so  ever.  Hope  i  am  making  it  clear  to  you.                

correct  me  if  i'm  wrong  and  whereever  i  am  wrong,  and  i  will  stand  corrected  without  any  objection.

if  im  being  bullied  then  i  will  speak  abt  it.  its  not  like  im  starting  a  revolution.  

if  the  code  of  conduct  'guidelines'  dont  imply  to  to  the  admins,  then  they  shouldnt  imply  to  anyone  else  in  the  forum:  

Madan  did  delete  the  pics  of  my  cat  staring  at  the  AQUARIUM,  so  i  mentioned  it.  and  i  do  feel  he  was  absolutely  unreasonable,  and  also  unnecessarily  impolite  too...  

one  only  gets  back  what  he  gives  in  return.

like  Madan's  PM  threatens  to  boot  me  off  the  forum  permantly  for  something  HE  started,  u  all  might  as  well....

u're  only  being  JUST  i  suppose!  

PS:  it's  not  like  i  cant  return  with  another  id...  sheesh!

kindly  get  your  own  internal  issues  straight  before  lashing  at  the  members  1st.

tata
aquascapes
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:44 pm Post subject:  Reply with quote

Guys,
 The  topic  of  discussion  here  is  'Live  Rock'  -  let's  not  divert  it!
 The  above  discussion  can  take  place  in  some  other  thread  or  via  pms...  
 It  will  be  sad  if  a  interesting  thread  like  this  gets  'locked'

Quote:                
im  here  because  i  know  nothing  abt  marines  and  fish  keeping  as  such...  i  was  as  genius  as  u,  i  wouldn't  waste  my  time  here..  and  like  u  said,  im  just  doing  my  research                  

saji,  that  technically  is  not  correct  -  every  one  of  us  here  should  try  to  help  each-other  in  the  right  spirit  or  alcohol    Drinking    Chuckle  
 according  to  your  opinion  am  I  wasting  my  time  in  helping  you?  -  No  it  is  a  privilage  that  today  we  all  can  help  each-other  and  learn  from  mistakes  of  others  to  rectify  our  own!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
supershaji
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:12 pm Post subject:  Reply with quote

no  aquascapes,  didnt  mean  that...  jus  was  trying  to  get  my  point  across...  its  not  like  i  really  dont  know  much  Wink  but  the  whole  reason  of  my  posting  questions  is  because  i  want  to  know  the  answers,  not  because  i  still  know  em.
 and  that  wuz  fer  murty  to  dig  and  not  to  rey  to  put  himself  up  my  mockin  sumone  else...  doesnt  rally  work.

sp  pls  dont  get  me  wrong  aquascapes...  

u're  absolutely  right  that  we're  here  for  info  sharing  and  creating  a  really  strong  knowledge  base  on  the  forum.

(was  also  kinna  pissed  with  da  whole  aura  on  todays  forum!)

cheers  and  my  due  apologies  to  all,  including  the  mods/admins...  but  that  doesnt  mean  i  dont  stand  by  what  i  say...

im  sure  a  hard  live  rock  to  crack...  Wink

ha!

i  live  in  hyderabad,  no  shores  anywhere  closeby,  and  hardly  any  marine  hobbyists  around!  so  this  is  how  i  get  to  learn...  

get  it  now?

btw,  that  dead  rock  of  mine,  was  given  to  us  saying  its  live  rock  from  Kal!

Shaji
aquascapes
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:38 pm Post subject:  Reply with quote

Quote:                
no  aquascapes,  didnt  mean  that...                  

I  know  -  just  mentioned    Wink  

Quote:                
pls  dont  get  me  wrong  aquascapes...                  

Cheer Up  

Quote:                
im  sure  a  hard  live  rock  to  crack...                  

So  am  I    Thumb Up  
 well  talking  about  LR  let  me  give  you  some  thing  to  read..........
 live  rock
murthy
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:47 pm Post subject:  Reply with quote

I  had  no  intensions  to  mock  anyone.I  am  still  a  newbie  at  marine  tanks(and  still  making  mistakes)My  suggestion  to  "focus",  "resarch"  was  made  only  because  I  felt  sincere  effort  had  not  been  made  before  hand.All  I  meant  was  try  harder.Guess  it  came  out  all  wrong.My  apologies.
ravi
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:58 pm Post subject:  Reply with quote

Hi,

I  split  these  posts  from  the  Live  Rock  posts  in  Marine  Fishes.
ravi
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:28 pm Post subject:  Reply with quote

Hello  Folks,

I  have  been  following  all  these  posts  with  keen  interest.  I  think  it's  time  for  some  of  our  members  to  take  a  good  look  at  Forum  Rules  &  Guidelines    Especially  the  following.

Post  using  good  language.  Please  make  sure  that  your  posts  are  well  written  in  terms  of  grammar,  spelling,  style,  with  appropriate  words  capitalised,  etc.  Please  avoid  SMS  language.  Please  DO  NOT  type  the  entire  post  with  capital  letters.  

Avoid  Off  Topics.  Do  not  post  off  topic  replies  in  Forums.  Check  if  your  post  is  on  same  topic  or  is  relevant  to  the  subject.  

Avoid  Non  Aquatic  Topics.  Let's  keep  discussion  purely  aquatic  here  at  IAH.  Incase  you  must  post  off  topic  stuff,  please  do  so  in  Chit  Chat.  

Avoid  person  messages.  Do  not  post  messages  meant  for  one  person.  We  have  Private  Messages  which  should  be  used  in  these  cases.  

Why  we  don't  want  pictures  /  discussions  on  cats  /  dogs  /  birds  /  etc  on  IAH  ?  

Looks  like  we  have  to  add  some  more  items  to  these  guidelines.

Reason  #  1  is,  this  is  Indian  Aquarium  Hobbyist  web  site.  Let's  stay  focused  on  our  aquatic  hobby.  It's  very  important  to  maintain  excellent  signal  to  noise  ratio.  Visitors  will  not  visit  our  site  if  they  have  to  sift  thro  posts  on  cats/dogs/etc  to  get  to  fishes.  

The  second  reason  is  money.  It's  costing  us  lots  of  money  to  keep  IAH  on  the  Web.  We  don't  mind  spending  money  on  fishes  &  aquarium  related  activities.  However,  we  are  not  willing  to  spend  money  on  cats/dogs/birds  or  wabbits.  

All  are  welcome  to  use  &  learn  more  from  IAH.  It  will  be  a  very  enjoyable  experience  from  all  concerned  if  we  all  show  atmost  curtesy  &  politeness  &  avoid  sarcastic  comments.  I  should  also  mention  here  that  using  SMS  language  anywhere  on  IAH,  like  u  for  you  or  could  for  could,  etc,  is  undesirable.  

I  hope  members  will  take  notice  of  this  &  remember  it  while  posting.

Thanks.
aquascapes
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:18 pm Post subject:  Reply with quote

Quote:                

Once  the  Moderators  step  in  the  other  members  please  refrain  from  making  comments  to  cool  things  down,  it  unfortunately  adds  fuel  to  the  fire,  however  well  intentioned  they  maybe.  
 Enjoy  your  stay  here!
 E  077D  38.137M  
 Altitude:  2938  feet  
 Pardon  teh  Dysqwertia.                

Reading  the  above  posts  and  the  quote  above  -  I  think  I  should  apologise  if  I  hurt  somebody.  -  Sorry!
Madan
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:54 pm Post subject:  Reply with quote

It  didn't  hurt  me  any,  I  am  the  coolest  one!  Thumb Up  

It  unfortunately  gives  the  impression  to  some  that  they  have  a  sympathiser.
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  Site Chatter All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: