186. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 1,909
 Member(s): 0
 Total: 1,909

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 30,880

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - Self Introduction
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

Self Introduction
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 71, 72, 73 ... 94, 95, 96  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> New Members and Beginners
View previous topic :: View next topic  
random2

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:59 am Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hi  Syed  and  Shekar,

Welcome  to  IAH  Smile
aquachem
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:26 am Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

hi  everyone,
 i  am  Parichay,  A  designer,  photographer  and  musician,  doing  Masters  in  fine  arts  at  the  moment.

i  have  been  an  aquahobbyist  for  the  past  5  yrs  now.  slowly  developing  the  knowledge  of  fish  keeping.  mainly  love  planted  tanks.  i  have  2  150  litres  tanks,  1  planted  and  the  other  semi-planted  with  rock  caves  and  logs.  
 extremely  intersted  in  DIY  projects  that  have  helped  me  a  lot  in  the  near  past.

since  i  see  quite  experienced  people  here,  il  pop  a  quick  question  here  to  start  convo,  which  has  baffled  me  ever  since  i  have  started  my  hobby.

Q  -  everything  is  perfectly  fine,  all  good,  but  something  always  goes  wrong  when  i  leave  home  for  more  than  3  days.  though  theres  is  always  some1  to  take  care,  but  something  goes  wrong.  before  leaving  i  make  all  necessary  augments  like  water  change  and  filter  cleaning  whatever  needed  but  when  i  come  back,  i  see  the  plants  have  withered  way  too  much  and  the  fish  are  slow  and  lousy,  unhappy  sorts,  some  even  get  diseased  slightly  like  ich  and  some  even  on  the  brink  of  dying.  the  1  who  has  to  give  up  will  do  so  as  soon  as  i  enter  my  room  and  have  a  close  look  at  them,  the  rest  who  look  sad  and  pale  and  lousy  become  fine  within  an  hour  and  the  diseased  get  fine  after  a  single  treatment.   death  isnt  high  but  lousyness  is  always  there.  but  after  an  hour  of  me  peeping  and  gazing  at  them  they  start  to  revive  and  become  their  mad  naughty  selves  again.

has  any1  faced  this  sort  of  a  problem?
rasikanayak

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:27 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hello  Parichay,

Welcome  to  IAH  and  happy  fishkeeping.  Very Happy  

aquachem  wrote  (View  Post):                
hi  everyone,
 i  Q  -  everything  is  perfectly  fine,  all  good,  but  something  always  goes  wrong  when  i  leave  home  for  more  than  3  days.  though  theres  is  always  some1  to  take  care,  but  something  goes  wrong.  before  leaving  i  make  all  necessary  augments  like  water  change  and  filter  cleaning  whatever  needed  but  when  i  come  back,  i  see  the  plants  have  withered  way  too  much  and  the  fish  are  slow  and  lousy,  unhappy  sorts,  some  even  get  diseased  slightly  like  ich  and  some  even  on  the  brink  of  dying.  the  1  who  has  to  give  up  will  do  so  as  soon  as  i  enter  my  room  and  have  a  close  look  at  them,  the  rest  who  look  sad  and  pale  and  lousy  become  fine  within  an  hour  and  the  diseased  get  fine  after  a  single  treatment.   death  isnt  high  but  lousyness  is  always  there.  but  after  an  hour  of  me  peeping  and  gazing  at  them  they  start  to  revive  and  become  their  mad  naughty  selves  again.

has  any1  faced  this  sort  of  a  problem?                

No   Chuckle  

On  a  serious  note,  might  be  the  someone  who  is  taking  care  of  your  tanks  overfeeding  your  fishes  or  not  switching  on  the  lights  for  the  plants?

Regards,
Ram_a_rosi
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:09 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hello  Friends,
 Its  been   nearly  6  years  that  I  joined  IAH.  But  it  never  crossed  my  mind  to  write  about  myself
 anyway.  Iam  Ramdas  Nair.  A  graphic  designer,  photographer  by  profession.
 I  started  this  hobby  when  i  was  around  10  years  old.  Had  gone  to  an  uncle's  home  at  gold  old  VASAI
 when  it  was  abundant  with  ponds,  trees  streams  and  small  villages  (wadis).  Uncle  aunty  and  my  parents  caught  some  fishes  using
 towels  from  the  pond  nearby  and  the  aquarium  bug  bit  me  then.  started  off  with  a  small  Horlicks  bottle  and  now  I  have  4  tanks
 1.  48  x  18  x  18   housing  goldies  and  kois
 2.  36  x  12  x  18chichlids
 3.  24  x  12  x  18  ft  having  tetras,  platys,  mollies,  angles.  (recent  addition  endlers)
 4.  12  x  8x  6  ft.  for  the  live  bearere  fry
 5.  a  big  bowl  which  I  use  as  an  ICU   Very Happy   in  case  of  any  fish  falling  sick
 6.  36  x  18  x  38  this  has  come  for  a  shoot  which  I  kept  and  didnt  return  (will  be  converting  it  into  a  discus  tank)

My  Question:
 Can  I  convert  the  2  footer  (no  3)  into  a  planted  tank?
aquachem
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:42 am Post subject: thanx nayak Reply with quote

hi  nayak,
 thanx  for  the  input,  i  feel  u  r  right,  maybe  it  is  the  feeding  issue.  i  lost  my  1  your  old  pearl  gourami  yesterday.
 when  i  left  home  she  was  fine,  after  3  days  when  i  returned,  she  had  a  swollen  tummy,  something  like  a  constipated  betta  or  a  bacterial  infection  but  shr  gave  up  within  2  hrs  of  my  presence.

i  expected  her  to  pull  a  little  longer  giving  me  time  to  cure  her  but..............
 is  it  becuz  pearl  gouramis  r  more  sensitive,  that  maybe  she  succumbed  in  2  days?
aquachem
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:06 am Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

hi  ramdas,
 mollies  become  quite  big  compared  to  platties,  and  also  angels.  angels  can  become  10  inches  tall  and  in  time  mollies  can  become  5  inches,  a  2ft  tank  in  time  will  look  very  small.

maybe  u  should  look  for  a  good  substrate  to  support  runners  type  plants  that  will  not  take  up  a  lot  of  volume  in  space  but  do  the  good  work  of  plants,  and  have  some  background  plants.  

keep  middle  ground  clear,  thatl  keep  space.
 all  fish  for  your  tank  3  would  love  plants
Ram_a_rosi
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:18 am Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

aquachem  wrote  (View  Post):                
hi  ramdas,
 mollies  become  quite  big  compared  to  platties,  and  also  angels.  angels  can  become  10  inches  tall  and  in  time  mollies  can  become  5  inches,  a  2ft  tank  in  time  will  look  very  small.

maybe  u  should  look  for  a  good  substrate  to  support  runners  type  plants  that  will  not  take  up  a  lot  of  volume  in  space  but  do  the  good  work  of  plants,  and  have  some  background  plants.  

keep  middle  ground  clear,  thatl  keep  space.
 all  fish  for  your  tank  3  would  love  plants                

Have  never  seen  a  molly  larger  than  2.5  inches.  have  heard  they  grow  to  be  5  -5.5  inches  but  never  seen.  yes  angel  i  had  them  initially  in  my  4  feet  tank  about  12  of  them  and  they  had  grown  to  be  around  5.5  inches  fin  to  fin.
anku
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:52 am Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hi  Friends  !
 I  am  Anku  from  Guwahati.  I  am  fond  of  fishes  from  a  very  young  age.  Recently  i  have  been  introduced  to  marine  aquarium  through  a  very  close  friend  of  mine  simanta  who  happens  to  be  a  member  of  this  community  too.  I  have  installed  a  100  gallon  tank  of  size  5ft  x  2ft  x  2ft  in  october  2011.  My  tank  is  new  and  i  am  priviledged  to  join   aforum  like  this  which  i  think  would  help  me  to  acquire  knowledge  n  helpful  tips  with  other  fellow  hobbyist.  

would  post  pictures  soon  Smile  
marc12
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:54 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hi  to  one  &  all  ,
 Mark  here  from  Bangalore,  own  a  3x1.5x1.5  ft.  used  to  be  a  freshwater  fish  only  tank  but  4  months   back  took  the  plung  &  converted  it  to  a  planted  tank.All  DIY  fixtures  if  all  goes  well  will  consider  investing  more.  Very Happy  

Regards  ,

Marc.
Ram_a_rosi
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:59 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

marc12  wrote  (View  Post):                
Hi  to  one  &  all  ,
 Mark  here  from  Bangalore,  own  a  3x1.5x1.5  ft.  used  to  be  a  freshwater  fish  only  tank  but  4  months   back  took  the  plung  &  converted  it  to  a  planted  tank.All  DIY  fixtures  if  all  goes  well  will  consider  investing  more.  Very Happy  

Regards  ,

Marc.                

Welcome  to  IAH  marc
JOKER29
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:55 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Welcome  to  IAH  marc........  Thumb Up   Rock On
irfanaquafarm
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:39 pm Post subject: Hi All Reply with quote

Can  anyone  let  me  know  where  can  I  get  vortex  blower  in  Mumbai.  
 My  e-mail  is  :  irfanforfish  [at]  gmail  [dot]  com
Suvrajit
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:53 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hi  fellow  IAHians,  

I  am  Suvrajit,  an  Insurance  professional,  from  kolkata  settled  in  Bengaluru  since  last  9  years.  Have  had  an  aquarium  when  I  was  in  school  and  kept  a  myriad  of  fish  and  also  a  trutle  succesfully.  However  the  hobby  waned  as  progressed  to  a  more  matured  age  and  career  et  all  took  precedence.  
 X
 The  bug  resurfaced  around  a  month  back  and  got  my  self  a  148  litre  (36X14X18)  tank  with  a  Boyu  Internal  filter  and  some  Chinese  heater.  When  the  procurement  was  done  I  had  intended  to  keep  fish  and  during  regular  research  on  WWW  stumbled  upon  treasure  troves  like  Aquatic  plant  central  and  IAH.  Since  then  the  whole  idea  of  fishkeeping  has  evolved  in  to  creating  a  EL  Naturel  Eco  system  with  plants  and  create  a  comfortable  abode  for  the  pisces.  

Initially  quite  perturbed  with  the  technology  and  the  cost  invloved  but  thanks  to  the  senior  members  like  Madan  et  all,  was  convinced  that  we  donot  have  to  turn  the  aquarium  in  to  a  scientific  laboratory.  Low  cost  and  low  tech  seems  the  only  way  in  the  absence  of  strong  approval  from  the  home  ministry.  

Present  setup  -

Tank  36X14X18
 Boyu  Internal  1800  B  (700L/H)
 Heater  200  W  fixed  at  26  deg  C
 Lights  -  2x36W  6500k  CFL  Tubes  Cromton  Greaves  
 Substate  -  Laterite  rich  Gardening  soil  collected  from  Kanakpura  (2.5-3  inches  in  the  rear  and  around  an  inch  in  front)  topped  with  decorative  sand  

Flora  -  
 Cabomba  
 Hydrilla  
 Amazon  sword  
 Anubias  petite  (or  so  I  think)  
 Anubias  Nana  (or  so  I  think)  need  help  ID  both
 Jave  Fern  
 Some  other  plants  need  help  ID

Fauna  -  

Neon  Tetras  x20
 Betta  x1

Hardscape  -  Drift  woods  and  Some  rocks

Aquascaping  barely  done,  as  concentrating  on  survival  of  the  system  and  later  of  the  aesthetics.  Will  get  to  that  in  a  while.

What  ever  the  outcome  is,  one  thing  is  for  certain.  This  is  an  intensive  and  rewarding  hobby  and  I  sure  am  enjoying  my  self.  

Intend  to  upgrade  to  a  canister  filter,  CO2  may  be  if  all  coordinates  permit.  

Thanks  to  all  of  you  guys  here,  have  pretty  much  read  all  posts  in  the  forum  since  joining,  have  learnt  a  lot  and  earned  dark  circles  around  the  eyes  from  staying  up  late  to  devour  all  information.  

All  success  will  attributed  to  all  of  you  guys  and  your  passion  here,  and  all  failures  will  make  me  a  wiser  man.  

Regards
 Suv
Libero
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:44 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hi,  This  is  Aum  Shethia  from  Thane  -  Mumbai.
 I  am  26  Yrs  old  E&TC  engineer.

I  recently  developed  a  interest  in  aquariums  as  a  hobby,  and  have  got  a  goldfish  since  last  1  month.
nskumar
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:03 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hi  Friends,

I'm  Senthil  from  Mumbai.   I'm  a  UNIX  Administrator  by  profession.

I  recently  joined  this  forum  and  would  like  to  learn  the  basics  of  Fish  keeping.

Thanks  in  advance.

Regards,
 Senthil
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  New Members and Beginners All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 71, 72, 73 ... 94, 95, 96  Next
Page 72 of 96

Jump to: