36. Guest
37. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 464
 Member(s): 16
 Total: 480

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 28,862

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - 30+ fishes DEAD under a year....damn......need help plzz....
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

30+ fishes DEAD under a year....damn......need help plzz....
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> New Members and Beginners
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deepakg
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:17 am Post subject: Re: 30+ fishes DEAD under a year....damn......need help plzz Reply with quote

after  reading  all  these  posts  u  should  become  Dr  dolittle  .   Chuckle  
 I  can  only  say   do  not  do  anything  unnecessary  when  evanything  is  going  well.
Blade2012
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:22 pm Post subject: Re: 30+ fishes DEAD under a year....damn......need help plzz Reply with quote

thank  you  all  for  replying........
 i  thought  about  returning  the  fishes  n  buying  platies,  mollies  n  a  few  invertebrates  (i  read  you  could  fit  in  upto  6   small  shrimps  in  a  15  gallon  tank  along  with  fish).
 can  someone  suggest   a  combination  of  fish  and  inverts  (both  for  planted  and  fish-only  tanks)????
 i  would  love  to  convert  mine  into  a  planted  one  if  it  dosent  burn  a  hole  in  my  pocket......
 also........can  some  one  suggest  me  a  place  to  buy  fish  in  Bengaluru  where  the  fish  are  healthy  n  prices  are  low????
 thanks  again.....
jedik1
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:40 pm Post subject: Re: 30+ fishes DEAD under a year....damn......need help plzz Reply with quote

Blade2012  wrote  (View  Post):                
thank  you  all  for  replying........
 i  thought  about  returning  the  fishes  n  buying  platies,  mollies  n  a  few  invertebrates  (i  read  you  could  fit  in  upto  6   small  shrimps  in  a  15  gallon  tank  along  with  fish).
 can  someone  suggest   a  combination  of  fish  and  inverts  (both  for  planted  and  fish-only  tanks)????
 i  would  love  to  convert  mine  into  a  planted  one  if  it  dosent  burn  a  hole  in  my  pocket......
 also........can  some  one  suggest  me  a  place  to  buy  fish  in  Bengaluru  where  the  fish  are  healthy  n  prices  are  low????
 thanks  again.....                

U  cna  always  keep  some  small  shrimps,  it  would  be  good....but  probably  not  for  you  but  your  fishes...they  will  get  nice  crunchy  snack.   

I  think  you  shold  first  read  about  fish  compatibility  before  you  start.  Read  the  threads  or  search  the  internet,  it  would  help.  It  helped  me  too,  but  only  after  losing  2  goldie  babies  to  2  baby  blue  morphs,  who  just  snacked  them  in  2  hours.  Later  I  read  chiclids  are  incompatible  with  a  lot  of  fish.  

Anyways  start  with  Mollies  and  Platys  and  Guppies.  You  can  also  try  Zebra(Danios)  fish.  Also  keep  a  small  sucker  cat(pleco)  as  well.  For  a  start  this  will  help.

Danios  are  very  hardy  and  will  take  the  harsh  to  a  large  extent.  I  would  suggest  you  to  start  with  them.  Again  please  read  the  fish  compatibility  before  you  start.
apcmge
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:20 pm Post subject: Re: 30+ fishes DEAD under a year....damn......need help plzz Reply with quote

Are  colored  stones  leaching  any  harmful  chemical  in  water?  Usually  these  are  painted  one  and  paints  have  lead  in  them..which  is  a  slow   but  sure  poison...

Regards

Sanjay  Dubey
Amazonian2010
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:26 am Post subject: Re: 30+ fishes DEAD under a year....damn......need help plzz Reply with quote

Now  we  all  know  what  you  did  last  summer.............  Very Happy  

Almost  all  valuable  information  have  been  already  provided  by  the  experienced  IAHians.
 Apart  from  Nayak  and  others  I  think  Sanjay  has  a  very  valid  point  here.

Try  colorless  stones  and  wash  them  thoroughly  before  placing  them  in  tank.  Did  u  thought  about  using  sand?  but  whatever  you  use  clean  them  properly  before  placing  them.

patience  in  virtue  here..
Blade2012
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:38 pm Post subject: Re: 30+ fishes DEAD under a year....damn......need help plzz Reply with quote

the  stones  were  added  only  2  months  back......after  washing  (sorry....i  really  was  only  stirring)  them  in  boiling  water  n  then  in  cool  water  3  times......

so  i  don  think  the  coloured  stones  are  the  problem........

can  someone  tell  me  a  place  where  i  can  buy  freshwater  fishes....at  lower  prices......

c'mon......atleast  a  handful  might  know  some  good  place.......

ty.....
crazyomzi
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:47 pm Post subject: Re: 30+ fishes DEAD under a year....damn......need help plzz Reply with quote

u  cant  be  sure  even  after  those  many  wash.
 before  shifting  to  a  planted  aquarium  first  get  going  with  a  non  planted  one.  
 once  u  get  going  with  your  fish  then  introduce  plants  slowly,  starting  by  some  easy  to  keep  plants  that  dont  demand  more.
 cobamba  and  amazon  will  be  better  options.  i  had  kept  them  without  co2  and  fertilizers  for  few  years.

for  planted  aquarium  you  will  need  sand  in  your  tank

omkar
Amazonian2010
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:54 pm Post subject: Re: 30+ fishes DEAD under a year....damn......need help plzz Reply with quote

There  are  lots  of  shops  in  Sivajinagar  but  again  they  are  very  crude  in  their  fish  keeping.  
 They  get  their  stock  and  the  tanks  are  shabby  and  the  fishes  (no  matter  how  expensive  are  those  they  don’t  give  guarantee).  There  are  shops  in  Jayanagar  4th  Block  and  MG  road  (Matsyavatar).
 These  are  LFS  with  risks  but  why  don’t  you  see  the  any  fellow  IAHians  from  Bangalore?  

They  are  generous  enough  to  give  away  or  sale  the  quality  livestock  from  their  home,  sometimes.  
 Suggest  you  to  check  the  “What  to  sale/Give  away  section”  in  IAH.

My  suggestion  for  fish  keeping  is  simple...and  we  all  know  empty  tank  doesn’t  look  good  at  home  but  have  patience...  
 Please  make  up  your  mind  to  which  category  of  the  fishes  you  are  planning  to  keep…….till  then  let  the  empty  tank  cycle  and  get  ready...

Read  about  the  bunch  u  want  to  keep..read  everything..habitat,  food,  disease  and  all  other  relevent  details.  Start  with  little  less  expensive  fishes  to  gain  experience.
 Spend  some  money  and  get  some  good  live  stocks  from  a  reputed  shops  or  a  fellow  IAHians.
elimoses3
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:38 pm Post subject: Re: 30+ fishes DEAD under a year....damn......need help plzz Reply with quote

Along  with  getting  rid  of  your  unscrupulous  LFS  I  suggest  you  get  rid  of  those  neon  coloured  stones  as  they  are  very  artificial  looking.  Try  to  mimic  natural  colours  as  possible.

All  the  best   Thumb Up
mougliblore
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:54 pm Post subject: Re: 30+ fishes DEAD under a year....damn......need help plzz Reply with quote

Try  Aquarium  Store  in  indiranagar.  You  can  find  good  quality  fishes
ranchialex
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:08 pm Post subject: Re: 30+ fishes DEAD under a year....damn......need help plzz Reply with quote

As  those  articles  explain,  you  need  to  properly  cycle  your  tank.  The  way  to  know  this  is  done  is  to  get  a  testing  kit.  Test  for  ammonia,  nitrIte  and  nitrAte.  Tests  are  available  separately  or  as  a  whole  kit.  PH  tests  are  also  helpful.  You  also  need  to  do  fairly  frequent  water  changes  (how  frequent  basically  depends  on  how  many  and  which  fish,  how  much  you  feed,  and  how  good  your  filtration  is)  to  keep  nitrates  down.

A  guide  for  feeding  is  only  enough  food  that  they  can  finish  in  30seconds.  I  feed  my  fish  2-3x  a  day  as  much  as  they  can  eat  in  10  seconds.  I've  got  a  bit  tank  and  lots  of  small  fish,  so  that's  usually  2-3  pinches  of  small  pellets  that  normally  don't  make  iot  down  to  the  bottom  before  they're  snapped  up.
Ravabi
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:14 pm Post subject: Re: 30+ fishes DEAD under a year....damn......need help plzz Reply with quote

"A  wise  man  learns  from  others  mistake"

If  possible  read  a  lot  and  lot  on  IAH.  You  have  so  much  info  and  archived  stuff  to  spend  hours  in  here.  

ravi
Ram_a_rosi
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:35 pm Post subject: Re: 30+ fishes DEAD under a year....damn......need help plzz Reply with quote

You  surely  have  got  a  lot  of  suggestions.
 Collect  all  of  them.  mark  the  commonpoints  and  then  act  upon  them.

But  30  fishes  in  1  year  is  too  much   Crying or Very sad
Nidhi
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:50 pm Post subject: Re: 30+ fishes DEAD under a year....damn......need help plzz Reply with quote

Blade,  Do  one  thing..  if  you  can  come  down  to  nandini  layout  on  sunday,  will  try  to  give  you  some  basic  ideas,  from  there  you  can  carry  on..  please  confirm..Ok
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nidhi
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:23 am Post subject: Re: 30+ fishes DEAD under a year....damn......need help plzz Reply with quote

Hey  blade,  
      do  one  thing,  come  over  to  nandini  layout  if  you  can  and  i  will  help  you  out..
 call  or  sms  on  the  number  below.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  New Members and Beginners All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: