91. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 1,909
 Member(s): 0
 Total: 1,909

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 30,897

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - Circulation Pumps
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

Circulation Pumps

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> Filtration Equipment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ashwin1224
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:51 am Post subject: Circulation Pumps Reply with quote

Hi  all,

I  am  planning  to  use  these  pumps  for  my  Marine  Nano  :
 Link  1
 Its  a  3W,  2000LPH  pump.  My  tank  is  37G  and  I  plan  to  have  2  of  these.  I  want  to  know  if  these  are  good  pumps,  and  if  someone  is  using  them.  I  know  these  are  Chinese,  but  I  have  come  across  several  RELIABLE  Chinese  products.  I  am  sure  many  would  be  using  the  Chinese  Sunsun  external  filters,  mine  is  running  perfectly  for  the  last  3  years.  So  no  comments  like  "You  know  how  reliable  chinese  goods  are".  Yes,  if  someone  using  these  particular  pumps  have  got  some  issues,  then  tell  me.

Other  than  that,  my  LFS  has  this  type  of  circulation  pump  available  Link  2
 Costs  just  a  bit  higher  than  the  previous  one,  the  one  at  my  lfs  is  rated  200LPH.  What  would  you  pick?

PS:  I  ll  be  ordering  today  or  tomorrow,  and  I  ll  order  3,  to  get  a  discount   Chuckle  
 So  if  anyone's  interested  then  I  can  sell  one  to  them.
Deathstar
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:02 am Post subject: Re: Circulation Pumps Reply with quote

Even  though  i  have  not  used  any  of  these,i  would  pick  the  first  one.i  think  you  may  be  the  first  one  to  give  us  feedback  Chuckle
Nonza
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:54 pm Post subject: Re: Circulation Pumps Reply with quote

Alright,  no  comments  on  the  "chinese"  aspect  of  the  pumps   Smile  

While  I  do  not  have  any  experience  with  these  (link  1),  they  seem  fairly  nice  and  low  wattage.  

However,  they  are  supported  by  suction  cups  and  I  wouldn't  recommend  that  part.  Would  prefer  that  you  get  pumps  that  adhere  to  the  glass  with  magnets.  You'll  be  better  off  in  the  long  run.  Last  thing  you  want,  is  the  pump  falls  into  the  substrate  and  the  sand  in  turn  settles  on  your  coral.
saikumar
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:58 pm Post subject: Re: Circulation Pumps Reply with quote

Just  a  check  mate.

(a)
 -  Power:  3W
 -  Max  flow:  2000L/h

(b)
 -  Rated  power:  25W
 -  Max  flow:  1200L/h

IMO  either  of  them  seems  to  have  some  wrong  specification,  so  recheck  before  you  buy.
 ATB
josyjames
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:25 pm Post subject: Re: Circulation Pumps Reply with quote

Does  the  wave  makers  too  work  in  the  same  principle  that  off  the  internal  filter  pump?

When  I  check  the  images  from  the  website,  the  specification  label  shows  exactly  what  they  have  mentioned  in  the  website

Link  1  Pump:  3  Watts
 Link  2  Pump:  25  Watts
ashwin1224
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:00 pm Post subject: Re: Circulation Pumps Reply with quote

Nonza  wrote  (View  Post):                

However,  they  are  supported  by  suction  cups  and  I  wouldn't  recommend  that  part.  Would  prefer  that  you  get  pumps  that  adhere  to  the  glass  with  magnets.  You'll  be  better  off  in  the  long  run.  Last  thing  you  want,  is  the  pump  falls  into  the  substrate  and  the  sand  in  turn  settles  on  your  coral.                

That  is  a  perfectly  valid  point  of  concern.  But  I  cant  find  anything  else  to  suit  my  budget.  Is  there  anything  I  can  do  for  this  matter?

josyjames  wrote  (View  Post):                

Does  the  wave  makers  too  work  in  the  same  principle  that  off  the  internal  filter  pump?

When  I  check  the  images  from  the  website,  the  specification  label  shows  exactly  what  they  have  mentioned  in  the  website

Link  1  Pump:  3  Watts
 Link  2  Pump:  25  Watts

I  think  the  technology  and  the  concept  is  similar.  But  the  way  they  are  designed  makes  the  difference.
srab
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:03 pm Post subject: Re: Circulation Pumps Reply with quote

Wave  maker  and  internal  filter  pump  are  same  only  difference  is  the  angle  of  propeller  blade  .

cheers
 Srab
Nonza
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:48 pm Post subject: Re: Circulation Pumps Reply with quote

Honestly,  I  don't  see  much  else  of  an  option.  

If  you  can  afford  it,  a  Tunze  6025  will  work  well.  You  can  use  just  one,  and  if  you  need  more  flow,  mod  it.  It's  easy.  And  they  last  for  years....

I'd  rather  buy  1  great  pump  than  2  that  I  don't  trust.  Is  link  1  a  local  purchase  or  to  be  ordered  online,  international?
ashwin1224
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:37 pm Post subject: Re: Circulation Pumps Reply with quote

Everything  is  an  international  online  purchase.  The  Tunze  is  too  costly  my  budget,  how  ever  I  could  get  the  Hydor  Koralia  550  off  ebay.  Still  the  thought  of  waiting  another  month  for  the  pumps  is  a  deal  breaker.  I  will  try  to  look  for  the  Link  1  at  my  LFS,  or  tell  him  to  get  it  for  me.  Is  there  any  indian  site  that  sells  them?
random2

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:03 pm Post subject: Re: Circulation Pumps Reply with quote

If  you  are  going  for  3W  like  pumps  better  buy  one  with  magnetic  holders.  Sunsun  and  other  chinese  brands  do  have  such  models.  The  suction  pads  wont  be  able  to  hold  the  pump  for  long.

I  have  a  Hydor  koralia  as  well  as  Chinese  ones.  The  magnetic  holder  in  the  chinese  pumps  are  much  better  I  should  say  :)

In  terms  of  usage  -
 Hydor  Koralia  I  have  is  a  low  output  model.  But  it  does  its  job  well  and  is  silent.
 The  chinese  ones  are  rated  much  higher  and  can  create  a  storm  in  my  3footer.  They  are  a  bit  noisy  though.

Cannot  compare  them  directly  as  they  are  rated  differently.
ashwin1224
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:20 pm Post subject: Re: Circulation Pumps Reply with quote

random2  wrote  (View  Post):                
If  you  are  going  for  3W  like  pumps  better  buy  one  with  magnetic  holders.  Sunsun  and  other  chinese  brands  do  have  such  models.  The  suction  pads  wont  be  able  to  hold  the  pump  for  long.

I  have  a  Hydor  koralia  as  well  as  Chinese  ones.  The  magnetic  holder  in  the  chinese  pumps  are  much  better  I  should  say  Smile                

Very Happy  
 Did  you  buy  them  online  or  you  bought  it  locally[the  Hydor]?

Quote:                

In  terms  of  usage  -
 Hydor  Koralia  I  have  is  a  low  output  model.  But  it  does  its  job  well  and  is  silent.
 The  chinese  ones  are  rated  much  higher  and  can  create  a  storm  in  my  3footer.  They  are  a  bit  noisy  though.

Cannot  compare  them  directly  as  they  are  rated  differently.                

How  long  have  you  been  using  the  chinese  ones?
 Now  I  am  meandering  towards  the  chinese  pump  if  I  find  one  with  a  magnetic  holder....  Chuckle
random2

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:41 pm Post subject: Re: Circulation Pumps Reply with quote

I  got  the  hydor  through  a  friend,  but  wont  do  the  same  unless  I  am  going  for  Tunze  or  Seio  (now  Taam).  I  feel  the  chinese  ones  do  almost  equal  or  better  job.

I  havent  used  the  chinese  ones  for  long.  Bought  them  used  just  to  try  out.  Worked  fairly  well  for  couple  of  weeks  I  had  one  of  them  in  the  tank.  For  now  most  of  my  tanks  are  idle.
GatorX

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:44 pm Post subject: Re: Circulation Pumps Reply with quote

I've  been  using  the  Hydor  Nano  and  a  couple  of  Tunze  pumps  for  some  time  now,  all  i  can  say,  it's  def  worth  the  price..

I  plan  to  get  a  few  more  Hydor  Nano's  and  a  Tuze...
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  Filtration Equipment All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: