64. Guest
65. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 1,909
 Member(s): 0
 Total: 1,909

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 30,878

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - How to create a Nano Marine Setup
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

How to create a Nano Marine Setup
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> Marine Fishes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
subhrajit
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 4:37 pm Post subject: How to create a Nano Marine Setup Reply with quote

Hey  Guys,
 Recently  moved  to  Blore  and  planing  to  have  a  marine  nano  setup.  Any  pointers  and  information  plz.  1st  time  in  Marine,  hence  would  need  all  the  help  and  support  from  u  guys.

Waiting  for  a  response.

Regards,
 Subhrajit

Last edited by subhrajit on Thu May 17, 2012 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
nanomania
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 8:57 pm Post subject: Re: Nano Setup at Bangalore Reply with quote

by  a  back  sump  boyu  tank,  add  some  LR  and  best  fishes  for  nano  is  a  pair  of  clown......   if  you  adding  corals,  i  would  advice  buying  a  chiller.  buy  go  for  a  FOWLR  (fish  only  with  live  rock)  setup....  buy  ammonia,  nitrite  and  nitrate  test  kit.  let  the  ammo  and  nitrite  levels  become  0  and  nitrate  below  30.  then  u  can  add  the  clowns.  keep  lights  off  for  a  week,  then  slowly  start  like  2  hrs  a  day  to  8  hrs  a  day.  approx  after  a  month  of  testing,  add  the  fish.  salt  SG  should  be  between  1.022-  1.026.  i  keep  1.024  constant.  make  sure  evaporation  topup  is  stable.
josyjames
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 10:09 pm Post subject: Re: Nano Setup at Bangalore Reply with quote

What  is  the  size  that  you  are  planning?  Even  I  had  earlier  planned  for  a  nano  marine  tank  (18"x18"x18")  tank  with  (12"x12"x12")  sump.  But  due  to  some  reasons  have  dropped  the  plan  for  a  year  or  two.
subhrajit
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 11:31 pm Post subject: Re: Nano Setup at Bangalore Reply with quote

thanks  nanomania...i  am  very  new  to  marine  setup,  so  PMs  coming  your  way...hope  u  fine  with  that...

@shelly  -  nothing  decided...depends  on  whats  the  min  necessity  for  the  tank...Need  it  for  my  2  year  old  daughter,  who  is  in  love  with  nemo!!!
josyjames
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 11:47 pm Post subject: Re: Nano Setup at Bangalore Reply with quote

There  are  even  pico  marine  tanks..  So  its  upto  us  to  decide  on  the  size.  If  you  are  planning  only  for  clown  fish,  then  atleast  a  1  sq  foot  tank  would  be  okay  I  guess.  A  15"  cube  would  be  an  ideal  choice  for  a  nano  marine  tank.  Experts  please  comment  on  this.

And  when  you  enter  marine  world,  there  are  lots  to  read  and  understand.  There  are  certain  things  that  you  need  to  know  before  you  go  into  a  marine  setup.

Protein  skimmer:  I  have  heard  people  mentioning  that  skimmer  is  not  required  if  you  have  less  bio  load.  So  let  marine  experts  comment  on  this  point
 Sump:  Is  sump  necessary  for  a  nano  tank?  If  yes,  how  big?  Since  the  display  tank  would  be  a  nano,  how  small  could  be  a  sump  if  ever  required  for  a  nano  tank?
 LR:  Is  is  really  necessary  for  a  nano  tank  only  with  clown  fishes?
 Sand:  How  many  kg's?
 Salt:  How  many  kg's?
 Test  kits:  Which  brand?   Since  the  tank  is  very  small  a  small  change  in  water  parameter  could  easily  kill  the  live  stock.  So  its  better  to  have  test  kits.
 Wavemaker:  Is  it  really  required  for  a  nano  tank?

And  many  more  questions!!!
Deepak267
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 1:37 am Post subject: Re: Nano Setup at Bangalore Reply with quote

I  will  follow  this  thread.  even  i  am  planning  to  try  marine  tank  in  future.
macster2222
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 1:47 am Post subject: Re: Nano Setup at Bangalore Reply with quote

lot  to  discuss  will  talk  about  it  in  the  meet
Mohammed Mudassir
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 4:10 am Post subject: Re: Nano Setup at Bangalore Reply with quote

what  do  you  mean  by  a  nano  tank,   i  would  consider  anything  below  40gallons  as  a  nano,
 what  size  are  you  planning  on,
 here  is  a  link  that  inspired  me  to  set  up  a  nano  reef,  my  tank  is  running  strong  since  the  last  6  months  by  just  following  the  steps  mentioned  in  the  link,

http://www.myfishtank.net/forum/nano-saltwater-discussion/34054-nano-reef-step-step-guide.html
Mohammed Mudassir
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 4:33 am Post subject: Re: Nano Setup at Bangalore Reply with quote

josyjames  wrote  (View  Post):                
There  are  even  pico  marine  tanks..  So  its  upto  us  to  decide  on  the  size.  If  you  are  planning  only  for  clown  fish,  then  atleast  a  1  sq  foot  tank  would  be  okay  I  guess.  A  15"  cube  would  be  an  ideal  choice  for  a  nano  marine  tank.  Experts  please  comment  on  this.

And  when  you  enter  marine  world,  there  are  lots  to  read  and  understand.  There  are  certain  things  that  you  need  to  know  before  you  go  into  a  marine  setup.

Protein  skimmer:  I  have  heard  people  mentioning  that  skimmer  is  not  required  if  you  have  less  bio  load.  So  let  marine  experts  comment  on  this  point
 Sump:  Is  sump  necessary  for  a  nano  tank?  If  yes,  how  big?  Since  the  display  tank  would  be  a  nano,  how  small  could  be  a  sump  if  ever  required  for  a  nano  tank?
 LR:  Is  is  really  necessary  for  a  nano  tank  only  with  clown  fishes?
 Sand:  How  many  kg's?
 Salt:  How  many  kg's?
 Test  kits:  Which  brand?   Since  the  tank  is  very  small  a  small  change  in  water  parameter  could  easily  kill  the  live  stock.  So  its  better  to  have  test  kits.
 Wavemaker:  Is  it  really  required  for  a  nano  tank?

And  many  more  questions!!!                

protein  skimmer-  what  does  a  protein  skimmer  do?  It  removes  wastes  from  the  water  by  skimming  the  surface,  so  instead  of  a  protein  skimmer  you  can  opt  for  a  regular  weekly  waterchanges  (w/c  are  better  than  using  a  protein  skimmer)
 sump-a  sump  isnt  necessary  for  a  nano,  but  if  you  can  have  it  thats  better,  a  sump  should  be  atleast  30%  of  the  tank  size,  for  a  100ltr  tank  a  30ltr  sump  would  be  the  min  IMHO,  a  very  few  people  who  have  nano  tanks  use  a  sump.
 LR-  LR  forms  the  basis  of  biological  filtration  as  it  provides  the  good  bacteria  with  a  surface  area  to  multiply  and  break  down  the  wastes,
 sand-the  min  would  be  a  1  1/2inch  substratem
 salt-  almost  everyone  will  recommend  Red  Sea  salt  and  its  a  good  brand,  Aquacraft  is  expensive  and  better,  i  have  been  using  Red  Coral,  its  cheaper  than  Red  Sea  and  i  havent  had  any  problems  since  i  set  up  my  tank.  Normally  1kg  of  sea  salt  is  used  for  30ltrs  of  water,  the  directions  are  written  on  the  pack.
 kits-  i  never  used  any  kits  to  be  truth,  i  rely  on  weekly  water  changes  with  daily  top  ups  for  my  nano,  let  others  comment  on  this
 wavemaker-  you  would  be  needing  a  wave  maker  or  a  powerhead  to  provide  circulation  in  the  tank

P.S-  always  use  mineral  water  while  setting  up  a  marine  tank,  water  from  bisleri  or  kinley  is  good,  never  use  tap  water  as  it  is  high  in  phosphates  etc,,  and  has   a  lot  of  other  impurities  mixed  which  are  not  good  for  marine  tanks

Happy  Fish  Keeping
hnabhi
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 10:51 am Post subject: Re: Nano Setup at Bangalore Reply with quote

Intresting  thread...  I  plan  to  keep  a  nano  marine  tank  some  day  too...
GatorX

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 12:03 pm Post subject: Re: Nano Setup at Bangalore Reply with quote

Glad  to  see  a  lot  of  people  interested  in  the  marine  hobby,  will  def  get  the  thread  up  by  tommorow.  That  should  answer  most  of  your  questions..
syed
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 12:19 pm Post subject: Re: Nano Setup at Bangalore Reply with quote

I  am  watching  it  too,  Mudassir  some  pics  of  your  nano  pls  Very Happy,
rkkaran
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 12:31 pm Post subject: Re: Nano Setup at Bangalore Reply with quote

I  am  interested  in  this  as  well  :-)

Will  track  this  post.

-Karan
Addicted
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 2:55 pm Post subject: Re: Nano Setup at Bangalore Reply with quote

Following  this.....
abhis9
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 4:12 pm Post subject: Re: Nano Setup at Bangalore Reply with quote

Another  excellent  thread..........I  am  following.......because  I  also  interested  to  make  
 a  marine  tank  of  size  24"x15"x15"  ......but  not  Fish  only  ....

Hi  Subhrajit,

Would  u  mind  to  change  the  title  of  the  thread  like  "How  to  setup  a  Nano"  or  something  like  this....
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  Marine Fishes All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: