80. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 464
 Member(s): 16
 Total: 480

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 30,824

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - Self Introduction
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

Self Introduction
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 76, 77, 78 ... 94, 95, 96  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> New Members and Beginners
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shovelnose

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 5:18 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Welcome  to  IAH  Maradona.
VJ_IAH
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 2:19 am Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hi,
 I  am  VIJAY,  from  Chennai  and  i  am  HR  by  profession.I  just  love  fish  keeping  and  sharing  knowledge  about  it  .  Basically  I  am  very  much  interested  in  fish  keeping.

I  started  fish  keeping  from  age  of  12.

One  thing  i  have  to  mention  it  here  ,  My  aquarium  is  my  best  friend  right  from  my  childhood  because  when  ever  i  feel  sad  i  like  to  sit  next  to  my  aquarium  and  spend  some  time  with  it  ,  because  it  works  as  a  ultimate  stress  buster  for  me.

I  am  into  marine  basically,  i  had  a  5ft*1.5ft*2ft,marine  tank  for  8  years  and  i  changed  into  a  freshwater  fish  tank  now.

Now  i  am  much  attracted  towards  planted  aquarium  because  of  my  good  friend,  he  is  very  much  into  planted  aquarium.and  he  got  2  planted  aquarium  in  his  house  and  both  where  astonishing  and  that  tempted  me  to  do  one.  

Now  i  am  planning  to  setup  a  planted  aquarium  for  me.

So  i  am  here  to  share  knowledge  and  learn  more  about  planted  aquarium  and  fish  keeping.so  wish  me  good  luck.
victor1061
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:56 am Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hi  Iam  Vishnu  aka  Victor  I've  been  into  fish  hobby  since  the  time  i  didn't  even  know  fish  were  meant  to  be  kept  in  aquariums  in  houses.  Well  there  were  some  bad  experiences  but  it  all  in  my  9-10  years  of  hobby  became  a  good  stepping  stone  for  my  future.  May  their  souls  rest  in  peace.  But  i  do  have  a  fish  which  has  been  my  childhood  friend  and  lives  till  now  probably  around  12-13  year  old  black  eel  tailed  catfish  which  i  kept  in  my  hometown  well.  Anyway  i  have  been  in  this  world  seriously  for  about  now  2  mths  and  did  a  hell  lot  of  fish  research  in  the  past  5-6  mths.  i  got  myself  a  5  feet  long  aquarium  to  make  it  into  an  Amazon  biotope.  I  have  added  some  of  the  species  like  oscar,  GT,  Piranhas  and  they  seem  to  live  along  quite  well  as  i  brought  em  together  young.  Anyway  good  to  be  here  amongst  experienced  people  with  more  knowledge  to  share.  Thank  you.  Thumb Up
Madan
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:21 am Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Welcome  Vishnu,  enjoy  your  stay  here  !
virtualage
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:29 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hi,  I'm  Vineeth.  I'm  very  new   to  this  hobby.  I  bought  a  betta  for  my  son  a  week  back.  Ended  up  researching  hon  the  web  and  stumbled  on  Amano  scapes.  Loved  it  so  much  that  I  decided  to  get  a  3ft  tank  and  try  aquascaping  myself.  Just  bought  my  first  tank  a  couple  of  days  back,  finished  scaping  and  planting.  Now  waiting  for  it  to  settle  in.  Hoping  it  goes  well!

Cheers.
rravimenon
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:33 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hi  all,

I  am  R.Ravindranath  working  for  M/s  Levigo  Engineering  India  Private  Limited  an  Indo  Italian  Joint  venture  company  as  their  head  operations  in  Bangalore.  Presently  I  do  not  have  any  tanks  but  I  used  to  have  one  during  my  school  days  ie  about  30  years  back.

While  brousing  the  net  recently  I  came  across  Aquatika  2012  which  caught  my  attention.  That  is  how  I  came  to  this  site  and  wish  to  restart  my  hobby  after  participating  in  Aquatika  2012.

Regards,  Ravi

9845132800/  rravimenon  [at]  gmail  [dot]  com
rasikanayak

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:41 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hi  Vineeth  and  Ravindranath,

Welcome  to  IAH.  Happy  fishkeeping  :)

Ravindranath,

Do  visit  our  ASK(Aquarist  society  of  Karnataka)  meet  in  the  government  aquarium,  Cubbon  Park  this  Sunday  10th  of  June.  
 You  can  meet  other  Hobbyists  as  well  as  register  for  Aquatika  there.  Call  me  on  9972534868  for  any  clarifications.

Regards,
Fangzauva
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:20 am Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hello  everyone..  I  am  Fangzauva,  an  agriculturist.  I  am  just  a  beginner  and  am  starting  with  mollies.  I  stay  in  Mizoram  and  I  don't  get  all  my  needs  locally.  I  am  doing  my  best  to  manage  my  aquarium  with  the  little  I  get  and  also  from  some  online  purchases.  I  would  be  highly  grateful  if  all  of  you  experienced  people  advice  me  how  I  can  do  my  best  online  shopping  for  aquarium  related  products.  Thx
google
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:53 am Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Welcome  to  IAH  Fangzauva,

Definitely,  you  will  get  guidance  from  the  experienced  IAH  members.

Share  your  experience  and  learn  more  from  other's  experience  too.

Enjoy  Fish  keeping.

Regards,
 Sameer
coolkriss
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:54 am Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hi  All,

Am  Gokul  and  am  a  Project  Manager  by  profession.
 Been  having  an  aquarium  for  about  6  years  now.  kept  all  variants  of  fresh  water  fish  in  a  3  ft  tank  and  recently  moved  out  all  and  brought  in  an  Arowana.  
 Trying  to  see  how  this  will  grow  in  my  tank  now.
 Looking  forward  to  get  a  bigger  tank  and  a  better  setup.

-  coolkriss
Vinod_Uthaiah
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:36 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hi  All,
 My  Name  is  Vinod  Uthaiah.  I  am  an  Engineer  .  I  have  been  keeping  aquariums  since  1995,  started  off  with  the  usual  mollies,gouramies,  gold  fishes  and  bettas.  Was  never  serious  of  breeding  or  rearing  any  specific  varieties  of  fishes.  I  had  almost  dropped  of  from  this  hobby,  when  my  wife  gifted  me  a  new  aquarium,  which  was  idle  for  a  year.
 Then  I  recieved  an  ultimatum  from  my  wife  ,  which  introduced  me  to  the  world  of  Cichlids.
 Currently  I  have  6  aquariums  
 (One  community  aquarium)  3  Breeding  Pairs  of  Green  Terrors  ,  2  breeding  pairs  of  Electric  Blue  Haps
 (One  aquarium  for  breeding  Cichlids)  
 (One  aquarium  for  Apistogramma  Cacatuoides  -  4)  
 (One  aquarium  for  Electric  Blue  Jack  Dempseys  (4)  and  Blue  Gene  J  D  (2)  )  
 One  aquarium  with  Betta  Fry  (  Babies  of  Male  Big  Ear  and  short  fin  female)
 One  aquarium  for  breeding  bettas  (currently  with  Fry's  of  a  regular  breeding  pair  of  bettas)
 One  Drum  with  3  Gold  Fishes  and  one  Rainbow  Shark
 2  Crates  with  Fry's  of  Jaguar  Cichlids  (  approximately  150  no's)
 I  am  supported  by  my  wife,  parents  and  my  3  your  old  daughter.
sasi_k
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:48 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hi  all  this  is,  sasi  kumar.  Fish  keeping  has  been  my  hobby  even  before  the  time  I  could  try  and  remember  of  .
 For  me  it's  a  hobby,  and  my  dad  to  bare  the  expenses  for  the  same  turned  it  to  a  business,  just  to  safeguard  my  interest.  
 We  have  been  into  the  business  for  about  12years  by  now.  And  the  way  I  have  seen  myself  upgrade  my  hobby  I  feel  surprised.  It  tends  to  get  merry,  year  after  an  year.  Today,  I  feel  more  happy  to  tame  those  fish  that's  part  of  my  catch  than  go  for  any  exotic  farm  bred.  Been  to  many  places,  have  seen  many  farm  since  then  and  have  worked  on  improvising  few.  but  I  still  don't  get  to  get  drunk  enough.  This  is  such  an  awesome  hobby  to  tame.
Cherry
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:39 am Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Good  Morning  to  all  the  esteemed  members  of  IAH.

Thanks  Madan  Ji  for  the  opportunity  to  introduce  myself.

I  am  shanai,  working  in  a  MNC,in  Bangalore  since  2  yrs...and  have  fallen  in  love  with  this  city.

Fish  keeping....well,I  have  seen  my  dad  keeping  fishes  and  taking  care  of  them  since  I  was  a  kid  and  have  got  it  in  my  genes  from  him  who  is  in  Jabalpur(my  home  town)  and  still  keeping  fishes(6  tiny  Oscars  are  the  latest  additions  to  his  tank).
 Amidst  my  studies  earlier,  I  did  not  get  much  time  and  scope  to  dedicate  time  to  this  hobby.
 So  now  finally  decided  to  start  off   Smile  using  the  tips  and  guidance  given  to  me  by  my  dad.

Currently  I  have  4-5  tanks   Very Happy  (very  obvious  for  a  beginner),  
 A  puffer  tank  with  4  dwarf  puffers  and  4  elegant  angels,
 A  planted  tank  with  3-4  varieties  of  tetras,
 A  betta  tank  with  4  bettas  (got  2  more  beautiful  bettas  from  Deepak  ji  yesterday,  so  yet  to  put  them  in  a  proper  tank)
 A  tiny  gold  tank
 A  turtle  tub,  and,
 setting  up  a  discus  tank....  Clapping  

I  would  like  to  take  this  space  to  thank  all  the  members  of  IAH  who  have  guided  me  in  the  past  two  months  to  explore  this  hobby  in  deep  and  to  know  the  blue  world  much  better...none  the  less...thanks  to  abhishek  menon  who  actually  gave  me  the  support  to  start  off  with  this  wonderful  hobby  and  introduced  me  to  IAH.

I  am  sure  I  am  making  my  dad  Proud  Smile

Last edited by Cherry on Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
dotfish
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:26 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

I  am  from  Rajasthan  and  I  am  keeping  fish  for  the  past  2  years  but  nothing  as  a  serious  hobby  till   planted  aquarium  caught  my  attention  ever  since   I  am  scouting  net  for  resources  and  came  across  this  site  while  doing  some  search  and  I  am  glad  to  be  here.  Currently  have  2  tanks  and  my  favorite  are  tetras  &  denison  barbs.  Hope  to  learn  a  lot  from  everyone  of  you,  who  mastered  this  art

Dotfish
vicky70l
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:39 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hi  all,

I  am  vivek  from  mumbai,  for  breadbutter  i  am  civil  engg  and  I  am  mainly  interested  in  Planted  steup.  I  have  been  in  this  tank  since  1  your  and  2  yrs  when  i  was  15  yrs  old.  

I  now  have  1  70  ltr  community  tank  without  plant  and  with  wrong  fish  like  goldfish,  silver  doller,  zebra  danios,  chinese  algeter.  After  seeing  setups  of  all  gurus  in  this  forum  i  want  to  move  to  planted  tank  with  low-tech  setup  and  after  learning  this  art  will  move  to  bigger  hi-tech  setup  tank.  And  thats  why  i  am  here.     

i  hope  all  gurus  will  help  me  .  

currrently  collecting  all  required  gyan  from  netgurus,  websites,  LFS  and  markets.

Cheers  !!!!!!!!

Vivek
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  New Members and Beginners All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 76, 77, 78 ... 94, 95, 96  Next
Page 77 of 96

Jump to: