Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:47 am Post subject: New Set-up
One of my friends has planned to setup the planted aquarium and needs expert advise to build an eye catching setup.
Here are the details:
1. Tank size L72 x D18 x H27 inches. (10mm glass is used)
2. Complete CO2 setup.
3. Light LED 30 watt X 4
4. External filter ATMON 800 L/H
7. Various Plants (from old planted tank)
8. Soil – Make Controsoil (40KG)
9. River sand (50 KG)
10. Fishes will be decided afterwards.
1. What other things required?
2. What steps are required to build a complete setup?
3. How to set up the substrate and soil (is soil at bottom or up on substrate layer?)
4. At what BPS CO2 needs to be set?
5. Are the light enough for above tank size?
6. How to plan a plants, stones and driftwood location?
On the experts input we will start to build the tank and update this thread on regular basis.
Joined: Nov 23, 2011 Posts: 1880 Location: Bangalore, Prakashnagar.
Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:37 am Post subject: Re: New Set-up
Any specific reasons for that 27 inch height..?
You will have lot of problem with cleaning, the lighting requirement will shoot up,
10 mm Glass is not sufficient, you need 12 mm min.
And are those LED you mention is flood lights of Chinese make, then you need 100W X 3nos.. for bare minimum.
The filtration is on the down side, you need almost 4400 L/H capacity, you can go for 2 or 3 filters combination. Let's see what others say about this.
For the Co2 bps, you need to tune using a drop checker.. if you need approx , then start with 4bps, can go up to 8 bps later after referring the drop checker.
I would suggest to have 2 co2 diffuser / reactor. one on each side..
Controsoil is used as bottom layer generally, but many have used as top layer also.
Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:04 pm Post subject: Re: New Set-up
Thanks Nidhi for inputs.
Clarifications on your doubts:
1. The height is 27 inches but tank will be filled up to 24 inches.
2. 12mm glass is used, typo mistake.
3. Yes, those are flood lights of Chinese make. (will ask him to buy another 3 with 100W)
4. He is adding one more filter with media (Eheim 2217)
We will start the initial set-up within next weeks time, will update soon.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You cannot download files in this forum