33. Guest
34. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 464
 Member(s): 16
 Total: 480

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 30,426

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - PLANTS AND SUBSTRATE- CHENNAI
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

PLANTS AND SUBSTRATE- CHENNAI

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> Substrates, Rocks, Driftwood and Decorations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
naveed05
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:13 am Post subject: PLANTS AND SUBSTRATE- CHENNAI Reply with quote

Hi  All  IAH  members,  am  naveed..  am  a  beginner  in  fish  keeping  and  wanna  try  keeping  some  plants  in  ma  aquarium..  Iam  having  a  medium  sized  tank  with  some  liver  bearers  in  it...  I'm  having  gravel  as  substrate...  I  love  to  some  beginner  plants.  Plants  that  grow  easily  without  much  attention..I  dunno  what  substrate  to  use  and  LFS  here  doesnt  have  much  substrates...  Will  be  of  great  help,if  some  one  shares  heir  plants  and  also  how  to  prepare  a  substrate  of  my  own...PLEASE  HELP!!!
dotfish
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:30 am Post subject: Re: PLANTS AND SUBSTRATE- CHENNAI Reply with quote

Hi  Naveed,
 I  think  you  can  have  a  look  at  This  Link  to  start  with.  Plus  going  through  old  posts  can  be  a  great  help
naveed05
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:40 am Post subject: Re: PLANTS AND SUBSTRATE- CHENNAI Reply with quote

thanks  dotfish  +1....
naveed05
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:36 pm Post subject: Re: PLANTS AND SUBSTRATE- CHENNAI Reply with quote

Love  to  get  some  help  from  Chennai  friends  on  this  topic....As  i  said,am  a  beginner,pls  dunt  be  harsh  on  me....
aregias
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:31 am Post subject: Re: PLANTS AND SUBSTRATE- CHENNAI Reply with quote

i  just  found  an  ADA  shop  in  chennai   Cheer  
 its  in  adyar,  but  it  might  not  be  in  your  budget...  there's  another  shop  in  spencers  selling  plants  and  stuff
royalbijoy
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:58 am Post subject: Re: PLANTS AND SUBSTRATE- CHENNAI Reply with quote

Naveed,  Chennai  is  like  the  hub  for  aquarium  trade.  There  is  a  place  caled  Kolathur  near  padi.  There  is  absolutely  everything  you  would  ever  require  in  this  place.  The  whole  place  is  dedicated  for  aquariums.  (Ask  for  school  road).  
 If  you  are  looking  for  making   substrate  for  yourself,  you  could  use  gravel  and  topup  with  water  column  fertilization  if  your  budget  is  on  the  low  end.I  would  still  suggest  using  a  good  quality  substrate  from  the  market  which  will  prevent  problems  later  like  H2S  gas  coming  out.....  But  if  you  are  looking  for  plants  which  so  not  require  much  maintenenace  like  cabomba  or  amazons,  you  miught  very  well  do  with  gravel  and  sand  which  I  did  a  couple  of  years  ago.  Also  plan  for  lights  and  co2(DIY)  and  your  plants  will  do  better.  If  you  plan  to  grow  tough  plants,  you  might  as  well  plan  ahead  and  go  for  the  market   available  substrates  and  good  quality  lights  /  co2  so  that  yo  don't  have  to  reinvest  later(which  I  did  when  I  started  this  hobby).
svkraqua
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:36 pm Post subject: Re: PLANTS AND SUBSTRATE- CHENNAI Reply with quote

Hi  aregias,
 Can  you  provide  the  name  and  address/location  of  the  ADA  shop  that  you  had  found  ?
Athreyan
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:07 pm Post subject: Re: PLANTS AND SUBSTRATE- CHENNAI Reply with quote

@svkraqua:  the  ADA  shop  is  in  kasturba  nagar,  adyar.  Near  KFC  restaurant

@naveed:  where  do  you  live  in  chennai?  Would  love  to  meet  up  &  talk  fish!  I  live  in  besant  nagar.  give  me  a  call
MoveOn
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:47 pm Post subject: Re: PLANTS AND SUBSTRATE- CHENNAI Reply with quote

Here  you  go.  This  entire  street  is  full  of  aquatic  fish  shops.  Plenty  of  choices.  You'll  get  plants  as  low  as  2Rs  to  250Rs.  
 Google  map  URL  
 http://maps.google.co.in/maps?q=w+mada+st+chennai&hl=en&sll=13.126318,80.215377&sspn=0.001651,0.002315&t=h&hnear=W+Mada+St,+Kolathur,+Chennai,+Tamil+Nadu&z=17&iwloc=A
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  Substrates, Rocks, Driftwood and Decorations All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: