63. Guest
64. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 464
 Member(s): 16
 Total: 480

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 30,784

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - Collection Trip near Sagar Near Shimoga
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

Collection Trip near Sagar Near Shimoga
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> Fish Collection and Habitat Study Trips
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jabba
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:48 pm Post subject: Collection Trip near Sagar Near Shimoga Reply with quote

Hi  All,

I  always  wanted  to  invite  you  all  to  Sagar  for  a  collection  trip  but  never  got  a  long  vacation.
 So  now  it  is  the  time,  Cheering   I  will  be  there  at  home  in  Sagar  from  14th  December  till  31st  atleast.

If  people  are  interested  we  can  have  a  collection  trip.  There  are  atleast  3  ponds  and  2  rivers  where  I  can  take  you  and  finally  there  is  Jog  falls.  I  will  arrange  for  the  stay  in  my  farm  house  but  you  should  pardon  me  since  It  is  not  very  much.It  can  accommodate  maximum  15  people.   For  transport  You  can  come  by  train  to  sagar  which  starts  from  Bangalore  at  11:00  PM  and  reaches  here  by  7:00  AM.Train  ticket  for  sleeper  is  180.
 I  have  my  car  here  which  can  accomodate  5  people  and  I  can  arrange  for  an  OMNI  also(I  can  arrange  better  cars  but  this  is  my  dads  friend  so  he  will  not  have  any  problem  if  we  make  his  car  little  bit  messy  Smile........He  will  come  for  7  Rs  per  Km).
 People  can  even  visit  Jog  falls  in  the  next  day  and  I  can  even  take  you  to  some  historic  temples  around  my  house.

The  only  conditions  I  have  is  that  we  should  have  atleast  one  senior  member  in  this  trip  to  give  us  some  guidance

So  let  me  know  if  you  guys  are  interested.........................  Hope  you  are
jabba
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:14 am Post subject: Re: Collection Trip near Sagar Near Shimoga Reply with quote

No  one????
jabba
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:15 am Post subject: Re: Collection Trip near Sagar Near Shimoga Reply with quote

No  one????.....  Is  everyone  on  vacation  like  me....
deepakg
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:05 pm Post subject: Re: Collection Trip near Sagar Near Shimoga Reply with quote

Isn't  that  too  far?   Smile  
 but  thanks  jabba   Smile
Nidhi
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:36 pm Post subject: Re: Collection Trip near Sagar Near Shimoga Reply with quote

Year  end..Jabba  Sad  
 Too  much  work  and  deadlines  to  be  met  before  the  new  year..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
worlimen
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:20 pm Post subject: Re: Collection Trip near Sagar Near Shimoga Reply with quote

Hi  jabba,

Would  love  to  join  you  for  the  adventure....  can  you  tell  me  for  how  many  days  have  you  planned  this  trip...   

I  am  from  Mumbai..  let  me  confirm  if  i  get  chutti  for  2  days  (  keeping  in  mind  the  XMAS  vacation)

regards
 Peter
jabba
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:30 pm Post subject: Re: Collection Trip near Sagar Near Shimoga Reply with quote

No  plans  from  my  end  but  I  am  ready  for  any  number  of  days.......
 Plan  is  all  for  IAH  members  Smile  .....
 I  will  make  the  route  plan  as  soon  as  I  get  the  number  of  people  and  days
jabba
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:05 pm Post subject: Re: Collection Trip near Sagar Near Shimoga Reply with quote

Deepakg....The  trip  will  be  worth  for  the  distance......Smile
 Nidhi:  I  can  understand  that  Smile  but  tell  me  a  suitable  time  when  such  a  trip  can  be  organized.
jabba
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:57 pm Post subject: Re: Collection Trip near Sagar Near Shimoga :: Update Reply with quote

Due  to  vacation  and  many  other  reasons  the  trip  couldn't  take  up  but  I  started  of  myself  today  morning.
 Went  towards  jogfalls.
 Thank  god  for  my  dad  and  mom  at  the  age  of  60  they  still  entertain  my  small  interests.  They  were  not  confident  of  sending  their  25  year  old  kid  alone  to  a  river  so  they  also  came  with  me  ROFL  .I  also  needed  a  extra  pair  of  hands  for  catching  the  fish.

My  mom  couldn't  resist  to  stay  outside  and  she  also  participated  in  collecting  them.

I  could  catch   Cheering  zebra  danios(easiest  to  catch),gaint  danios,Barilius  canarensis(I  think  so  as  they  look  very  similar),some  loaches,fishes  like  tiger  barbs(I  got  only  a  pair  of  these  but  they  instantly  started  schooling  wit  my  tiger  barbs  and  they  are  tough  to  catch),shrimps  looking  like  ghost  shrimps  but  with  bright  red  spots  on  them,Killie  fish

I  really  felt  to  start  collecting  tadpoles  as  there  where  different  varieties  of  them  and  they  were  easy  to  catch  Chuckle  
 I  could  also  see  lots  of  loaches  which  I  ignored  as  they  were  impossible  to  catch  Chuckle  .
 Here  is  a  video  of  the  fishes  I  caught.......  They  will  be  in  this  tank  until  I  return  to  Bangalore  (I  don't  have  a  better  place  to  keep  them).  Kindly  ignore  the  tank  scape  and  pardon  me  for  the  video  quality  (even  the  video  looks  like  this,  so  you  can  imagine  my  capability  on  stills   ROFL  ).

I  will  be  again  going  to  this  place  with  a  friend  so  let  me  see  if  he  can  take  better  pics.  Also  let  me  know  if  anyone  in  Bangalore  needs  them  so  that  I  can  bring  them  there(but  dont  send  me  PMs  for  the  same  as  I  already  have  had  instances  where  people  PM'd  me  and  never  came  to  collect  such  goodies.  So  you  can  post  them  here  If  me  and  my  friend  can  catch  them  you  can  collect  them  from  hebbal  or  which  is  near  by  my  house).

http://youtu.be/09RDqseo_ng
random2

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:13 pm Post subject: Re: Collection Trip near Sagar Near Shimoga Reply with quote

Cool  catch!!

I  can  see  gaint  danios,  balilius  sp  (Not  sure  if  they  are  canarensis/bakeri/  or  something  else),  Rasbora  sp  and  the  tiger  barb  looking  ones  are  -  Dravidia  fasciata  (Melon  barb)

You  can  make  DIY  minnow  traps  using  plastic  bottles  and  try  catching  loaches  and  other  small  fishes  (usually  small  barbs,  danios).  You  can  add  some  bread  pieces  or  clump  of  cooked  rice  inside  to  lure  them  in.

Like  this  -  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyzH9xYFuzI

PS:  Have  to  appreciate  your  parents  spirit.  Usually  family  members  think  you  are  crazy  when  they  see  you  trying  to  catch  Smile.  Have  gone  through  all  these  Smile
jabba
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:00 pm Post subject: Re: Collection Trip near Sagar Near Shimoga Reply with quote

Yes  Random,  Absolutely........  I  am  really  blessed  that  my  parents  didn't  take  me  to  a  psychiatrist  ROFL  .
 Even  they  enjoy  such  things  as  my  dad  was  best  farmer  of  Kerala  in  1996....He  always  like  to  see  such  places  which  is  blessed  with  water  and  green
Ravabi
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:07 pm Post subject: Re: Collection Trip near Sagar Near Shimoga Reply with quote

Hi  Jaiby/Jabba

Will  it  be  possible  for  you  to  collect  a  few  melon  barbs  for  me.  I  have  one  individual  of  2  inch  size.  Would  love  to  get  him  company.
 Also  if  possible  do  look  for  individuals  around  2  inches.

Thanks  in  advance

ravi
jabba
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:28 pm Post subject: Re: Collection Trip near Sagar Near Shimoga Reply with quote

Will  definitely  try  ravabi  but  they  are  the  toughest  to  catch
Ravabi
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:31 pm Post subject: Re: Collection Trip near Sagar Near Shimoga Reply with quote

Sure  Jabba.  Thanks  again
jabba
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:39 pm Post subject: Re: Collection Trip near Sagar Near Shimoga Reply with quote

Can  anyone  give  me  the  link  to  pictures  of  different  Barilius  types
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  Fish Collection and Habitat Study Trips All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: