103. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 464
 Member(s): 16
 Total: 480

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 30,802

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - Self Introduction
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

Self Introduction
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 83, 84, 85 ... 94, 95, 96  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> New Members and Beginners
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Waterbearer
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:43 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Good  evening  all

Sorry  haven't  introduced  myself  although  have  been  a  member  since  30th  oct.

Well  ,  Im  a  home  maker  who  multitasks  and  got  into  this  hobby  by  chance  ..  It's  a  long  story  ....  Smile
 I'm  in  my  mid  40s  and  believe  its  never  too  late  to  learn  and  also  believe  when  you  do  something  do  it  right  with  full  knowledge  and  from  your  heart  and  here  I  am  ..  
 ...Having  started  this  fish  journey  with  a  few  fishes  in  a  bowl(  yes  a  bowl)  to  make  my  nephew  -(who's  5  )happy,   am  now  having  a  lowtech  planted  aquaria  ..  with  tiger  barbs  ,  cardinals,  neons  ,  gouramis,  and  neon  rainbows..  And  yet  another  tank  with  my  very  first  inmates  -  the  humble  guppy  -  who  has  been  in  the  family  way  thrice  !!!  Totalling  90  frys  out  of  which  70  are  here  in  a  nano  tank  and  then  there's  the  Molly  who  became  a  proud  mom  last  week  !!!  
 Yes  there  were  downs  (  ich  outbreak  followed  by  tank  blast  -how  bad  can  it  get  !!)  which  broke  my  heart  ,  nevertheless  didn't  give  up  and  have  now  re  set  the  tank  last  week  ..  
 Have  learnt  a  lot  through  these  forums  -  and  I'm  sure  there's  miles  to  go  before  I  sleep  ;  and  miles  to  go  before  I  sleep...

Would  like  to  express  a  very  special  thank  you  to  all  at  IAH  for  all  the  suggestions  and  help  !

Regards  
 Vimi  

ps  ...  I  love  animals...  Animals  love  you  for  who  you  are  and  not  what  your  social  status  is!!!
rajdili
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:08 am Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

H!,
 this  is  Dilip,
 software  engineer,  staying  in   Hebbal  Bangalore,  love  fishes  from  chidlhood,  used  to  catch  fishes  from  ponds  &  rivers,  from  couple  of  years  i  was  having  normal  aquariums,  now  slowly  switching  to  planted  aquariums,  have  2  tanks  at  home,  &  love  to  do  R&D  on  fish  keeping  &  DIY  stuffs,  i  need  guidance  of  all  you  guys,
spawner21
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:10 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hi  
 I  am  Abhijit  from  Mumbai  
 Working  in  a  BPO  
 iam  in  the  early  thirties.  
 Have  been  keeping  fishes  since  i  was  a  ten  year  old,  i  had  to  take  a  break  from  my  hobby  and  now  i  am  back.
 Earlier  i  had  6  tanks  and  had  even  started  an  small  LFS  with  a  friend  of  mine.
 I  have  bred  all  the  regular  live  bearers  like  guppies  mollies  platy's  swordtails
 also  bred  Gouramies/  Betta's  and  the  occasional  paradise  fish.(discouraged  due  to  unavailability  of  small  fry  food)
 In  chiclids  i  have  tried  my  hands  on  Kribensis  /  Blue  acaras/  Ramirezis  /Green  Acaras  (Green  terrors  as  they  are  locally  known).      
 I  am  starting  all  over  again
 interested  in  good  strain  of  guppies,  Apistrogammas,  Bettas.

Heard  a  lot  about  baby  fry  food  would  like  to  learn  about  the  same  from  the  members  

Thanks
sibi
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:49 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

hi,am  Dr  sibi  from  coimbatore...am  a  dental  surgeon  
 am  interested  in  keeping  marine  tankand  am  doing  it  for  past  3years  
 i  have  a  marine  tank  which  is  7  foot  long
rasikanayak

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:17 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hello  Jaiby,  Janardhanam,  Navneethk,  Vimi,  Dilip,  Abhijith  and  Dr  Sibi,

Welcome  to  IAH  and  happy  Fishkeeping  Very Happy  

Regards,
keluthi
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:20 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hi  everybody,  I'm  Dinesh.  I'm  working  in  a  NBFC.
 I  started  to  keep  fish  since  my  childhood,  when  I  was  studying  in  class  V,  in  Horlicks  or  Complan  bottles.  I  bought  my  1st  glass  tank  when  I  was  studying  XI  std.  Now,  I  have  a  newly  bought  (empty)  80  gallon  tank,  a  24g  'high'  tank  with  fewer  plants  like  Amazon  sword,  Crypt.  Parva,  Cobambo  and  Marsilea.  I  also  have  a  5  gallon  and  a  small  2  gallon  Betta  tanks.
deepakg
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:21 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Welcome  Dinesh.  Smile
Rocks
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:58 am Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hello  All,  I  am  Kaushik  Das,  a  Chartered  Accountant,  based  in  Mumbai.  I  am  into  this  hobby  for  the  last  9  years  but  lately  into  planted  tanks  for  the  last  six  months.  I  have  two  planted  tanks  i.  3x1.5x2  ii.  2x1.5x1.5  I  have  kept  a  variety  of  fishes.  Successfully  raised  discus  but  had  to  give  them  away  while  shifting.  Presently  my  tank  has  a.  2  denisoni  b.  6  tiger  barb  c.  6  green  tiger  barb  d.  2  cory  e.  2  loaches  f.  6  filament  bard  e.  one  algae  eater  f.  4  rumynose  g.  lemoneye  tetra.

Got  seriously  interested  after  searching  the  net  for  certain  details.  Presently  the  planted  tank  has  DIY  CO2  generator.  Looking  for  like  minded  people  to  share  and  expand  knowledge.  Warm  Regards.
qasim
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:01 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

My  name  is  Qasim,  i  have  done  my  B.Tech  in  computer  science.In  this  hobby  since  5  months.Resides  in  Delhi
Ram_a_rosi
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:48 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hello  Rocks  and  Qasim
   Welcome  to  IAH
rasikanayak

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:47 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Dinesh,  Kaushik  das  and  Qasim,

Welcome  to  IAH.  Happy  fishkeeping   Very Happy  

Regards,
fire
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:24 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hello  Everyone!

This  is  Muthu.  I  work  for  SAP  in  Bangalore.  I  am  new  to  this  hobby.  Currently  i  have  a  2  feet  planted  and  a  8  gallon  cube  for  shrimps.  
 Hoping  to  learn  and  share  my  experiences  here!

Thanks!
Henrique
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:29 am Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hi  There
 My  name  is  Henrique  Jones.  
 I  work  with  Dell.
 I  have  recently  purchased  a  6  feet  aquarium,  I  have  a  3*2  feet  aquarium  before.
 I  own  4  grown  piranas  and  2  grown  oscars  (Got  with  the  new  tank  as  the  tank  was  with  one  of  my  friend  before)
 I  have  1  flower  horn,  3  small  oscars,  1  parrot  and  2  small  piranas  in  the  old  tank.
 I  love  chichlids.
 I  am  setting  them  up  myself  with  customized  stuff.
rasikanayak

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:53 am Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hello  Muthu  and  Henrique,

Welcome  to  IAH.  Happy  Fishkeeping  Very Happy  

Regards,
keluthi
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:40 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

@deepakg  &  Nayak:  Thank  u  very  much.
 @Kaushik,  Quasim,  Muthu,  Henrique:  Welcome  all...  Clapping   Clapping
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  New Members and Beginners All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 83, 84, 85 ... 94, 95, 96  Next
Page 84 of 96

Jump to: