150. Guest
151. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 464
 Member(s): 16
 Total: 480

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 30,565

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - Sumer's Paradise City- Updates #July 7 Pg-5 FTS added
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

Sumer's Paradise City- Updates #July 7 Pg-5 FTS added
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> Aquatic Plants and Planted Aquaria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tachyon
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:17 am Post subject: Re: Sumer's Paradise City- Updates #June 8 Pg-4 FTS added Reply with quote

Mind  boggling...dude..you  have  got  to  participate  in  aquatic  garden  competitions...it's  top  notch.  Smile  Keep  up  the  good  work...  Thumb Up   Thumb Up
sumer
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:29 pm Post subject: Re: Sumer's Paradise City- Updates #June 8 Pg-4 FTS added Reply with quote

A  BIG  update  is  on  it's  way..  lots  and  lots  of  pictures.
 Stay  tuned  Wink
shyamhegde
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:27 pm Post subject: Re: Sumer's Paradise City- Updates #June 8 Pg-4 FTS added Reply with quote

Perfect  !  wow  !
sumer
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:52 pm Post subject: Re: Sumer's Paradise City- Updates #June 8 Pg-4 FTS added Reply with quote

Update  July  5th  2013

Hello  friends,
 Its  been  almost  6  months  that  my  tank  is  running  successfully  Smile
 I  have  learnt  a  LOT  from  this  tank.  It  is  more  like  a  learning  step  before  making  my  dream  Dutch  tank.  Since  practical  knowledge  is  far  more  important  than  theoretical  (that  too  is  necessary)  this  tank  was  really  necessary  for  me  to  make.
 I  got  my  first  flash  unit  some  time  back.  I  no  longer  hold  a  lamp  with  one  hand  and  take  pictures  with  other.  LOL.  It  made  taking  photos  so  so  easy.  I  can  keep  ISO  to  100  which  leads  to  great  detailing.  
 Finally  I  got  most  of  the  eriocaulons  that  I  wanted  including  sp.  Thailand.  Still  searching  eagerly  for  Erio  amanoanum.  

I  know  you  guys  are  not  going  to  read  whatever  I  wrote  above  and  will  jump  directly  to  pics.  Haha..  Thats  totally  cool.  Everything  is  in  photos  Wink
 One  important  thing  that  I  want  to  share  -  Please  dont  copy  the  photos  from  here.  Recently  one  sponsor  of  TPT  used  my  picture  without  even  mentioning  the  link  or  my  name.  Thats  something  I  really  dont  like.  If  its  for  personnel  or  educational  reason  (posting  my  pictures  on  FB  page  being  a  seller  of  planted  stuff  is  not  educating),  just  write  it  in  a  comment  and  I'll  gladly  let  you  use  it.  I  also  put  my  photos  on  500px  which  gives  me  their  copyright.  You  dont  wanna  go  in  that  copyright  mess.  So  please  dont  copy  photos  without  asking.

Plants-  

Aciotis  acuminifolia;  A  wonderful  and  beautiful  stem  plant.  Grows  straight  with  a  lot  of  side  stems.  Pinkish  reddish  top  leaves  look  so  beautiful.  A  slow  grower

Nesaea  crassicaulis-  Another  slow  growing  stem  plant.

Difference  between  Syngonanthus  sp  'Belem'  and  Syngonanthus  sp  'Madeira'

One  more.  Belem  on  left  and  Madeira  on  right-

Syngonanthus  sp  'Madeira'

Just  a  handful  of  Syngonanthus  belem.  Haha..  When  I  trimmed  it  last  week-  

I  totally  forgot  the  name  of  this  plant.  Any  leads  on  it's  ID  ?

Rotala  sunset  and  Rotala  macandra  magenta.  (I  maybe  messing  up  the  name).  But  it's  stems  are  too  soft  to  be  Ludwigia  arcuta.  

Hygrophila  sp  'Thai'  or  Hygrophila  sp  'Brown'.  And  believe  me  it  really  looks  brown.

Here's  another  marvelous  plant.  Tonina  fluviatilis  "Lotus  Blossom"-

And  it  does  look  like  lotus  if  seen  from  top-

After  a  trimming,  every  stem  is  shotting  3  side  shoots.  I  trimmed  2  of  those  3  so  the  plant  can  use  its  all  energy  to  grow  the  single  stem.  Replanted  the  other  short  stems-

A  bad  pic  of  2  side  stems  shooting  from  the  main  stem-

Recently  got  3  riparium  planter  from  Devin.  3  plants  that  I'm  using  are-  
 Asclepias,  Hibiscus  and  Mangrove  plant.  They  grow  so  so  fast.  But  due  to  some  reason  the  new  growth  in  hibiscus  is  not  so  red.  Maybe  I  need  to  put  some  root  tabs  in  the  planters.

Cryptocoryne  affinis  'metallic  red'.  It  was  sunrise  time  and  the  lights  were  looking  pink  in  Iphone.

Cryptocoryne  bullosa  'Maradong'.  Bullation  is  so  so  prominent  on  this  one.  Even  more  than  hudoroi.  Totally  loved  it-

Dont  think  that  I'm  exaggerating  but  Ammania  sp  bonsai  is  a  weed.  Every  10  -  12  days  I  take  this  much  out.  I  started  with  5  stems  that  Joraan  sent  me.  Pardon  the  funny  collage-

UG  is  doing  great  in  my  salad  box  emmersed  setup.  Once  it'll  be  enough  to  fill  5x5"  area,  I'll  take  out  staurogyne  and  put  this  in  my  tank.

Initially,  this  much  of  UG  I  got-

Gratiola  brevifolia.  All  I  could  get  was  this  single  stem.  But  its  growing  fine.

Ludwigia  sphaerocarpa.  I  know  it  doesnt  look  like  google  images  or  what  Tom  has,  at  all.  And  it  is  because  it  was  grown  emmersed.  I  just  hope  it  becomes  brown  soon-

Something  was  happening  to  my  Alternantheras.  The  leaves  were  having  pin  holes  and  then  they  will  become  like  a  net.  Potassium  was  the  problem.  I  was  dosing  it  just  the  half  what  I  should.  Increased  K  and  it  took  care  of  Ocipus  and   mini  both.

My  erio  clan  before  the  new  additions-  (Can  we  please  consider  Trithuria  Sp.  as  erio  Blood  vomit!!  Just  because  it  looks  so  similar)

Updated  family  Very Happy-

What  did  I  add  ?

Erio  sp.  'Ban  ba  wa'

Erio  sp  'Thailand'.  Much  darker  in  color

A  baby  cinereum.  Sean  gifted  me  this  one.

Erio  sp  'Japan  shiga'

Erio  Aussie  2

Not  much  of  documentation  is  available  about  these  different  species  as  they  are  still  waiting  to  be  given  proper  names.  Sometimes  their  appearance  tells  the  difference  between  the  species  and  sometimes  you  just  have  to  trust  the  seller  and  wait  for  them  to  grow  and  show  the  difference.  
 And  just  for  this  reason,  I  bought  these  plant  labels.  I  know  this  sounds  quite  silly  but  its  the  only  way  to  keep  a  track  about  what's  what.

Wrote  all  the  names.  Even  the  ones  that  I  know  of.  Haha-

In  the  tank  they  went.  Just  imagine  my  desperateness-  I  made  a  marker  for  Amanoanum  too.  There  was  a  time  when  it  was  a  very  normal  thing.  Just  in  this  january  it  was  available.  I  know  there  are  people  out  there  with  this  plant.  Please..  just  one  small  baby  is  all  I  want..

My  sieboldianum  was  getting  too  big.  Look  at  that  root  system.

I  had  to  divide  it  to  make  room  for  new  erios.  I  was  very  nervous  while  doing  it.  I  bought  a  new  knife  to  split  it.  LOL.  

It  went  well  and  both  the  parts  have  started  growing  again.

One  more  funny  collage.  It  was  some  random  collage  making  app  on  my  phone  that  I  used.  In  the  center  its  sp  'Thailand'.

Another  great  BG  plant  is  Staurogyne  sp  'Bihar'.  'Bihar'  is  a  state  in  India.  One  of  my  friend  in  India  is  searching  for  this  plant  in  Bihar  state  since  last  3-4  years.  But  he  just  couldnt  find.  It  has  become  extinct  from  the  Bihar  state  Sad  
 Hygrophila  pinnatifida  which  is  also  native  to  India  has  somehow  managed  to  survive  in  wild.  

Higrophila  pinnatifida  in  it's  natural  habitat-
 Photos  are  property  of  Akshay  Khare.

In  baby  form.  Haha

The  stream  where  its  found-

Crypt  cordata  in  its  natural  habitat.  Pure  laterite  makes  the  substrate-

See  the  veins  here-

Emmersed-

Blyxa  aubertii  in  the  river-

[URL="http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=202922&highlight="]Check  this  for  the  complete  expedition  journal[/URL]

Another  very  very  rare  specie  that  I  recently  got-  Caloglossa  cf.  beccarii

After  all  of  these  plant  photos,  you  want  to  see  a  FTS  right  ?
 Not  a  great  one.  Plants  are  still  recovering  from  last  week's  trim.

Lets  talk  fish  now-

A  few  updated  shots  of  Boraras  brigittae.  Just  to  show  how  fat  they  have  become-
 Look  at  this  fat  lady  right  after  the  dinner.  Nowadays  they  have  learned  to  gobble  down  small  pieces  of  bloodworms  or  brine  shrimps.

Aciotis  acuminifolia  in  BG

It  feels  weird  to  see  a  deserted  tank  right  after  the  trim-

Endlers  are  making  rabbits  go  shy.  Breeding  like  anything..

Males  are  getting  more  colorful-

Since  my  summer  vacations  are  going  on,  I'm  feeding  them  3  times  a  day.  LOL.  Early  morning  -  bloodworms,  noon  -  mysis  shrimps,  evening-  brine  shrimps  soaked  in  garlic.  Thinking  of  adding  blackworms  to  their  diet  soon.  Costly  they  are..  White  worm  culture  is  about  to  get  ready.

The  same  feeding  regime  goes  for  Epiplatys  also.  They  bred  once  and  then  stopped.  Maybe  these  guppies  are  eating  up  their  eggs.  I  badly  need  more  tanks  :icon_sad:

Epiplatys  annulatus  male

Epiplatys  annulatus  female

Male-

In  this  photo,  I  missed  the  focus  from  it's  eyes.  But  still  I  like  this  shot.  You  can  feel  it's  motion-

2  males  flaring  at  each  other-

Tiger  shrimps.  They  eat  anything  but  shrimp  food.  Goodness..  they  are  true  wild  ones.  They  eat  bloodworms,  they  eat  brine  shrimps,  they  also  eat  micro  pellets  but  wont  touch  shrimp  food.  Since  calcium  is  really  important  for  them,  I  drop  some  boiled  spinach  time  to  time  in  the  tank.  They  sometimes  eat  it.

Hypoptopoma  gulare.  Oh  boy..  this  fish  has  made  me  so  interested  in  catfishes  now.
 This  photo  is  the  best  that  I  took  of  them.  I  was  waiting  for  it  to  sit  on  this  branch  since  a  week.  2  days  ago  I  woke  up  at  3  in  the  night  to  drink  water  and  saw  it  sitting  there.  Immediately  took  out  the  camera  and  clicked  this  shot-

Chewing  on  cholla  wood

A  few  days  back  I  saw  a  guy  selling  bettas  on  FB.  I  contacted  him  and  he  sent  me  2  males  and  a  female.  Conditioning  them  right  now.  Will  start  the  breeding  process  next  week.
 Here  are  a  few  pics-

With  black  background-

The  second  male-

And  now  my  most  favorite  photos.  I  can  say  this  photo  is  the  best  photo  I've  taken  till  date.  
 Dario  hysginon  males-

I  think  those  small  co2  bubbles  are  making  it  more  dramatic.  What  do  you  think  ?

Over  the  sieboldianum-

Here's  a  5.5G  Vivarium  that  I  made  recently  but  had  to  sell  because  of  some  random  rule  which  says  "Only  3  glass  tanks  in  an  apartment".

The  inhabitants-  Geosesema  sp.-

Many  people  ask  what  lens  do  I  use!!  I  use  my  18-55  kit  lens  with  macro  filters  on  it.  They  are  available  on  ebay  for  like  $10.  
 This  is  what  I  have-

A  gag  that  I  made  last  year.  LOL

Videos-

Just  to  show  how  much  surface  movement  I  have  to  keep  the  biofilm  off  the  surface-
 [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WA690UQftM"]Surface  movement  Sumer's  60-P[/url]

A  bit  of  Darios  bullying  amano,  a  bit  of  Madagascar  lace,  a  bit  of  everything-
 [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBn_rrihRRw"]A  bit  of  everything[/url]

Feeding  time  for  my  fishes-
 [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fl6rqhPeDO0"]Feeding  time[/url]

Huff...  Took  me  2  hours  to  write  this  update.  I  hope  you  guys  would  enjoy  it.  Let  me  know  what  you  liked  what  you  didnt  like.  

Thanks,
 Sumer.
superbsite
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:06 pm Post subject: Re: Sumer's Paradise City- Updates #July 5 Pg-5 FTS added Reply with quote

Damn  Good  Sumer

And  Excellent  Photos   Clapping  

Will  checkout  the  videos  later   Thumb Up
jaival
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:11 pm Post subject: Re: Sumer's Paradise City- Updates #July 5 Pg-5 FTS added Reply with quote

you  know  what  ???  i  am  jelous  seeing  all  those  Erious....  great  job  done....  keep  updated  Smile
angel_lover
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:10 pm Post subject: Re: Sumer's Paradise City- Updates #July 5 Pg-5 FTS added Reply with quote

Brilliant  pictures  and  everything.  Keep  it  coming.
Ram_a_rosi
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:46 pm Post subject: Re: Sumer's Paradise City- Updates #July 5 Pg-5 FTS added Reply with quote

Sumer  

There  is  nothing  in  your  tank  that  anyone  would  dislike  everything  is  LIKE  LIKE   Thumb Up  

By  the  way  I  am  giving  you  a  fantastic  idea.  You  will  remember  me  always  for  this
 the  idea  is  :  Every  time  you  trim  your  plants.  put  them  all  in  few  plastic  bags  and
 courier  them  to  me  here  in  Mumbai.  
 I  will  make  a  big  planted  tank  with  the  cutting  you  give  me  so  that  you  can  always  say
 my  plants  also  have  its  roots  in  India.  What  say  Chuckle   Thumbs Up  Thumb Up   Thumb Up
jabba
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:12 am Post subject: Re: Sumer's Paradise City- Updates #July 5 Pg-5 FTS added Reply with quote

awesome  collection  man
elimoses3
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:24 am Post subject: Re: Sumer's Paradise City- Updates #July 5 Pg-5 FTS added Reply with quote

wow  great  Clapping   what  do  you  do  with  all  the  cuttings?
sumer
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:01 pm Post subject: Re: Sumer's Paradise City- Updates #July 5 Pg-5 FTS added Reply with quote

Ram_a_rosi  wrote  (View  Post):                
Sumer  

There  is  nothing  in  your  tank  that  anyone  would  dislike  everything  is  LIKE  LIKE   Thumb Up  

By  the  way  I  am  giving  you  a  fantastic  idea.  You  will  remember  me  always  for  this
 the  idea  is  :  Every  time  you  trim  your  plants.  put  them  all  in  few  plastic  bags  and
 courier  them  to  me  here  in  Mumbai.  
 I  will  make  a  big  planted  tank  with  the  cutting  you  give  me  so  that  you  can  always  say
 my  plants  also  have  its  roots  in  India.  What  say  Chuckle   Thumbs Up  Thumb Up   Thumb Up                

Haha..
 Thank  you  for  the  idea  Wink  
 If  there  was  any  way  of  sending  plants  there,  I'd  have  sent.  But  unfortunately  live  stuff  has  to  come  or  go  through  an  exporter/importer.  Even  if  we  wanna  try,   the  express  2  days  shipping  is  damn  costly.  And  I  dont  think  plants  will  survive  through  the  normal  shipping.
 So..  there's  not  much  that  we  can  do  unless  someone  is  flying  to  India  and  I  can  pass  some  through  him.

Last edited by sumer on Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
sumer
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:10 pm Post subject: Re: Sumer's Paradise City- Updates #July 5 Pg-5 FTS added Reply with quote

elimoses3  wrote  (View  Post):                
wow  great  Clapping   what  do  you  do  with  all  the  cuttings?                

Simply  sell  them  off.  
 Since  the  plants  that  I  have  are  kinda  "hot",  I  never  waste  anything.
 "Self  sustaining  hobby"  works  for  me  Wink
tu13dekh
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:58 pm Post subject: Re: Sumer's Paradise City- Updates #July 7 Pg-5 FTS added Reply with quote

now  what  should  i  say..!!  hehe..

all  i  can  say  is..

Good  fancy  hmpks.  Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy
 Any  pics  of  the  female?
 Breed  the  orange  based  fancy..
hrishi007
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:52 pm Post subject: Re: Sumer's Paradise City- Updates #July 7 Pg-5 FTS added Reply with quote

M  speechless  dude..The  best  journal  till  date..
shri-novice
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:40 pm Post subject: Re: Sumer's Paradise City- Updates #July 7 Pg-5 FTS added Reply with quote

Excellent  pics   Surprised  

Are  these  wild  caught  or  from  LFS?  do  they  harm  baby  shrimps?-http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3771/9052166663_dcb065817e_b.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  Aquatic Plants and Planted Aquaria All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: