28. Guest
29. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 464
 Member(s): 16
 Total: 480

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 30,374

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - What's happening in TGIAC 2013 - Is it bluff!!
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

What's happening in TGIAC 2013 - Is it bluff!!
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ram_a_rosi
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:15 pm Post subject: Re: What's happening in TGIAC 2013 - Is it bluff!! Reply with quote

Abhis  sorry  for  what  has  happened.  It  was  quite  unfortunate.   Sad  
 At  the  same  time  be  an  optimist  just  think  that  your  tank  has  been  ranked  twice,   Very Happy  
 you  are  getting  an  opportunity  to  learn  japanese  language  just  to  read  that  book.   Very Happy  

This  competetion  seems  to  be  just  a  big  farce  and  aptly  suggested  by  jaival  above  
 this  is  a  contest  for  the  best  spender  on  ADA  products  that  a  best  tank.
 Admin  Mods,  you  warn  the  members,  ban  them   when  they  do  wrong.  
 This  is  sheer  cheating  and  IMHO  cheats  should  not  be  on  this  forum,  in  whatever  way.
abhis9
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:17 pm Post subject: Re: What's happening in TGIAC 2013 - Is it bluff!! Reply with quote

Partha,

You  are  the  only  person  who  is  saying  this.  The  positive  side.  Agree  .....but  why  it  comes  your  mind  because  you  got  something.

See  the  all  post  in  this  thread  .........are  they  wrong  !!

In  the  name  of  an  International  Brand  ADA  they  will  dishonor  the  people.  How  can  they  do  this  !!

Who  give  them  the  rights!!  Did  you  thought  about  this!!

What  I  will  tell  my  friends,  colleagues!!  What  I  will  tell  my  wife!!  Did  you  think  about  it!!

It’s  easy  to  say  but  not  easy  to  handle  brother.
rasikanayak

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:32 pm Post subject: Re: What's happening in TGIAC 2013 - Is it bluff!! Reply with quote

Abhishankar,  
 I  understand  your  pain.  i  emphathise  with  you  completely.  I  am  sure  Adip  will  address  it.

guys,  kindly  cut  the  rants.  read  Parthapratims  post  carefully.  sorry  for  any  mistakes  in  this  post.  typing  from  my  phone.
parthapratim22
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:43 pm Post subject: Re: What's happening in TGIAC 2013 - Is it bluff!! Reply with quote

I  knew  "because  you  got  something"  this  will  come.  You  see  Dada  any  of  my  post  I  always  love  to  be  positive  when  it  comes  about  participation.  

Again  saying  things  gone  wrong,  I  support  your  interaction  with  Adipji.  I  also  never  want  to  see  any  international  brand  doing  insult  of  us.  So  I  am  posting  again  and  again,  otherwise  I  could  simply  sit  behind  and  see  whats  happening.  

I  am  also  organizer  of  a  contest,  I  understand  the  value  of  a  scaper.  I  particiapte  in  that  contest  to  take  the  pain,  not  just  involve  making  the  rules  and  sitting  behind  enjoying  the  rank.  I  dont  do  that.  

Hope  you  understand  what  I  meant.  

I  am  not  saying  because  of  a  contest  organizer,  you  or  I  will  support  a  brand.  Its  depends  on  how  the  result  is.  I  have  never  used  a  branded  item  yet  of  my  small  scaping  career.  So  you  can  understand  where  I  am  standing  and  saying  all  these.  Its  all  about  participating  and  but  not  rejecting.

But  end  of  the  day  correct  them,  that  Rank  22  cant  be  same  as  rank  20.  

Last edited by parthapratim22 on Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Mortis
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:36 pm Post subject: Re: What's happening in TGIAC 2013 - Is it bluff!! Reply with quote

In  normal  rankings  when  more  than  one  person  shares  the  same  rank,  they  share  the  lowered  numbered  rank  and  then  the  next  rank  increases  by  the  number  of  people  who  share  it.  Eg  you  would  all  be  ranked  20  and  then  the  next  person  would  be  ranked  23.

It  does  some  to  be  a  blunder  with  shady  undertones  with  some  patronizing  thrown  in  by  the  organizer  and  is  quite  disappointing.

Abhis  you  need  to  remain  calm  and  post  constructively  instead  of  doing  drama  and  saying  what  to  tell  my  friends  and  wife.  It  makes  you  look  very  immature  when  instead  you  should  try  to  be  the  bigger  man  when  putting  forth  your  grievances
abhi_123
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:55 pm Post subject: Re: What's happening in TGIAC 2013 - Is it bluff!! Reply with quote

parthapratim22  wrote  (View  Post):                

abhis9  wrote  (View  Post):                
Do  you  know  how  do  I  feel  !!   Imagine  if  it  happen  with  you  brother  !!                

Dada  I  would  feel  the  same.  

But  same  time  I  always  determine  about  certain  things:  

1)  We  dont  have  a  bigger  contest  to  our  level.  
 2)  We  dont  have  our  own  brand  of  product  for  aquascaping.
 3)  When  it  is  national  contest  I  would  target  top  10,  its  meaningless  top  20,30.  Its  very  much  my  feeling.  If  it  is  International  I  target  top  300-400.  Year  passes  I  would  target  more  closer  to  the  top.
 4)  Every  contest  has  few  flaws,  because  of  those  we  reject  them.  Like  they  dont  give  ranking,  they  dont  have  judge  comments,  they  only  promote  their  products,  they  have  public  voting   etc  etc.  But  we  only  can  make  such  contest  more  success,  going  above  for  such  issues.  

In  this  context,  for  betterment  of  Indian  Aquascaping  we  should  encourage  participation.  But  yes  I  support  this  discussion  when  things  gone  wrong.  Sure  we  will  protest  any  contest  rule,  but  will  participate  next  year.  So  things  changes  for  betterment.  

Hope  you  have  not  taken  decision  not  to  participate  next  year.  Crying or Very sad  

I  dont  want  181  contest  and  181  participants  Chuckle                

Partha  with  no  hard  feelings  i  am  totally  disagree  with  you  on  some  points.

Quote:                
We  dont  have  a  bigger  contest  to  our  level.                

Does  not  means  that  we  should  promote  corrupt  &  Fraud  events.

Quote:                
We  dont  have  our  own  brand  of  product  for  aquascaping.                

It  has  nothing  to  do  with  the  contest  unless  or  until  the  organizers  of  the  event  declares  so.  

Quote:                
When  it  is  national  contest  I  would  target  top  10,  its  meaningless  top  20,30.  Its  very  much  my  feeling.  If  it  is  International  I  target  top  300-400.  Year  passes  I  would  target  more  closer  to  the  top.                

Point  taken  but  still  unless  or  until  it  is  a  knockout  type  competition  top  20  or  30  is  equally  important  as  the  number  1.

I  am  not  here  to  discourage  anyone  or  stopping  anyone  from  taking  part  in  any  future  events  but  still  if  you  are  organizing  an  event  on  such  large  scale  with  entry  ticket  and  PRIZE  MONEY,  you  should  have  a  constitution  as  well  as  rules  &  regulations  for  it  which  in  this  case  i  see  is  absent.

How  a  person   can  deny  a  Fix  between  the  organizers  and  the  winners?  

PS  :  I  am  not  targeting  anyone.
aquadream
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:10 pm Post subject: Re: What's happening in TGIAC 2013 - Is it bluff!! Reply with quote

Sorry  to  hear  about  this  Abhis  ji,your  scape   was  great   thats  why  your  tank  got  recognized  and  showcased.  As   a  hobbyist  you  got  my  atmost  respect.

cheers
 Rajeev
robinmazumdar
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:26 pm Post subject: Re: What's happening in TGIAC 2013 - Is it bluff!! Reply with quote

*  Dada....  It  should  not  have  happened.  Sorry  about  that.
 *  Believe  me(and  other  friends  of  yours)  that  your  scape  was  beautiful.  In-fact  I  re-looked  into  it  today  morning  and  before  writing  this  note.  I  could  see  the  love  and  affection  you  have  put  into  it.  
 *  We  are  hobbyist  and  I  am  sure  you  will  agree  that  all  we  want  is  respect  and  appreciation  of  our  work  and  not  a  'number  to  tag'.  You  are  a  winner  and...  
 *  Shout  out  loud  the  following  whoever  is  looking  for  response  
 "Amateurs  built  the  Ark  -  which  saved  all  the  species
 and  
 Professionals  built  the  Titanic  -  all  died  tragically"

I  am  sure  you  are  an  Amateur  in  this  hobby  and  will  keep  inspiring  us  to  take  this  a  long  way  ahead  regardless  of  the  hurdles...  

I  humbly  request  to  overlook  few  things  and  enjoy  the  pleasant  company  of  our  hobby,  friendly  hobbyist  and  the  great  time  together.

Lots  of  love  and  regards,
 Robin  Mazumdar
Aquacrazy_Ash
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:48 pm Post subject: Re: What's happening in TGIAC 2013 - Is it bluff!! Reply with quote

Reminds  me  of  quote  by  Martin   Luther  King  .Jr.  ...."The  ultimate  tragedy  is  not  oppression  by  bad  people  but  silence  over  that  by  good  people"
cinciboy
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:36 pm Post subject: Re: What's happening in TGIAC 2013 - Is it bluff!! Reply with quote

@abhis9,  I  feel  sorry  for  you  on  what  happened.  You  deserve  an  explanation.  Hopefully   the  organisers  reinstate  the  rightful  position  (assuming  usual  Indian  goofup).
Seetharam

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:24 am Post subject: Re: What's happening in TGIAC 2013 - Is it bluff!! Reply with quote

Hi  Abhis

Really  sorry  to  hear  about  this.  I  understand  your  concern  and  I  agree  that  it  makes  a  difference  if  its  a  Rank#20  or  a  Rank#22.  This  year  I  have  noticed  that  there  were  lot  of  people  involved  in  various  aspects  of  the  contest  and  something  must  have  slipped  up  somewhere.  Now  that  you  have  brought  this  to  Adip's  attention  I  am  sure  it  will  be  looked  into.

From  my  perspective  TGIAC  is  a  great  initiative  by  ADA  India  to  promote  aquascaping  in  India  and  also  promote  talent  so  that  works  from  India  can  rank  well  even  at  International  Level.  This  is  the  2nd  Year  ADA  India  has  conducted  this  and  I  see  that  this  year  they  have  tried  to  do  some  more  things  compared  to  last  year  .....  some  have  worked  well  ....  some  have  not.  It  is  a  learning  process  for  them  as  well  on  managing  large  scale  events  like  this  and  I  am  sure  that  the  feedbacks  have  been  noted  and  will  be  considered  when  the  next  years  event  is  done.

These  kind  of  misses  happen  even  at  IAPLC  after  being  done  for  10+  Years.  In  IAPLC  2012  you  will  see  me  ranked  twice  383  and  902  and  it  was  the  same  tank  infact  the  same  picture.  I  did  not  even  notice  it  until  I  got  my  ranking  letter  from  ADA  Japan  with  a  Ranking  of  902  and  i  was  thinking  that  I  was  ranked  383  and  had  told  everyone  about  it.  I  was  quite  upset  over  this  and  wrote  a  very  simple  diplomatic  letter  to  ADA  Japan  and  marked  a  copy  to  Adip  and  I  just  left  it  at  that.  4  Months  later  I  got  a  mail  from  ADA  India  and  inside  it  was  my  revised  ranking  letter  from  ADA  Japan.  I  have  not  highlighted  this  in  an  open  forum  anywhere  ....  the  reason  I  am  bringing  this  up  here  is  as  an  example  that  sometimes  things  go  wrong  and  once  it  has  been  taken  up  with  the  right  people  it  will  get  sorted  out.

Do  not  let  something  like  this  discourage  your  from  Aquascaping.  Your  tank  really  showed  the  passion  and  effort  that  has  gone  into  it  and  I  hope  to  see  more  such  tanks  from  you.  Will  be  glad  to  help  in  any  way  I  can.

Last edited by Seetharam on Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Severumkid
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:56 am Post subject: Re: What's happening in TGIAC 2013 - Is it bluff!! Reply with quote

Nicely  put  Seetharam.  Abhishankar,  it  is  unfortunate,  I  understand  your  position  and  fully  sympathise  with  you,  at  the  same  time  it  is  not  beyond  amends,  I  strongly  believe  so.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
coldfear39
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:43 am Post subject: Re: What's happening in TGIAC 2013 - Is it bluff!! Reply with quote

Abhi  da,  sorry  to  hear  that   Sad  

I  can  try  to  understand  whats  the  pain  you  are  feeling,  but  on  a  lighter  note  -  because  of  TGIAC,  I  got  a  chance  to  meet  you,  PPC  and  others   Smile  
 Just  buckle  up  (  I  know  its  easy  to  say  but  hard  to  do)  and  come  back  with  more  beautiful  scape  next  year,  some  CRS/CBS  will  be  a  gift  from  me  if  you  come  down  next  year   Very Happy  

Will  call  you

And  to  others,  please  don't  make  this  as  a  flame  war..
abhis9
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:51 am Post subject: Re: What's happening in TGIAC 2013 - Is it bluff!! Reply with quote

[quote=
 Abhis  you  need  to  remain  calm  and  post  constructively  instead  of  doing  drama  and  saying  what  to  tell  my  friends  and  wife.  It  makes  you  look  very  immature  when  instead  you  should  try  to  be  the  bigger  man  when  putting  forth  your  grievances[/quote]

Mortis,

Brother  I  am  not  doing  drama.  If  I  have  to  I  will  do  it  in  stage.  As  a  human  being  what  pain  I  am  feeling  only  I  can  understand.  Last  36  yrs.  I  am  in  this  hobby  but  never  face  such  a  embarrassing  situation.  I  am  sure  you  never  face  such  a  situation.  And  I  have  every  right  to  say  the  truth  which  you  can  not  stop.

I  love  to  enjoy  the  life  with  a  young  heart  not  like  a  bossy  man.
abhis9
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:08 am Post subject: Re: What's happening in TGIAC 2013 - Is it bluff!! Reply with quote

My  Dear  friends,

Thanks  for  your  comments,  suggestion,  critics  etc.  etc.   

I  am  very  upset.  Let’s  see  what  Adip  will  do.

Yesterday  I  had  discussion  with  Goutam  Gupta  and  again  same  story  which  Adip  already  told  me.  He  also  told  me  that  he  check  the  IAH  post,  where  nobody  said  TGIAC  gives  each  of  us  lots  of  plant  like  "Monte  Carlo"  which  is  very  expensive  plant.  People  only  criticize  TGIAC  &  ADA  brand  (though  it’s  not  true).  

But  I  think  we  also  paid  950/  each  as  a  registration  fees.  What  about  that!!

Is  it  the  sign  of  maturity  from  those  people  who  are  organizing  event  like  TGIAC!!
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  Events All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: