125. Guest
126. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 464
 Member(s): 16
 Total: 480

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 30,429

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - What's happening in TGIAC 2013 - Is it bluff!!
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

What's happening in TGIAC 2013 - Is it bluff!!
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
abhis9
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:29 am Post subject: Re: What's happening in TGIAC 2013 - Is it bluff!! Reply with quote

Hi  Seetharam,

Thanks  for  your  nice  explanation.  

Do  you  think  Adip  &  TGIAC  will  do  something!!  I  hope  they  will.

Hi  Abhishek,

Brother  I  don't  think  there  is  any  flame  war.  If  it  is  wrong  it  is  wrong.

My  post  is  here  not  to  earn  sympathy  but  for  proper  JUSTICE.  That's  all.
shri-novice
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:36 am Post subject: Re: What's happening in TGIAC 2013 - Is it bluff!! Reply with quote

Have  you  tried  bringing  this  matter  to  notice  of  ADA  Japan  &  Mr.Amano  himself?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
abhis9
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:45 am Post subject: Re: What's happening in TGIAC 2013 - Is it bluff!! Reply with quote

Actually  I  am  waiting  for  Adip  and  his  TGIAC's  final  decission.  

And  also  I  don't  have  any  e-mail  id  of  Mr.  Amano.
sandeepraghuvanshi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:03 pm Post subject: Re: What's happening in TGIAC 2013 - Is it bluff!! Reply with quote

It  is  indeed  sad  that  such  a  thing  should  happen.
 I  truly  empathise  with  your  pain.
 The  true  value  of  your  creations  lie  in  appreciation  from  your  friends  and  your  creations  are  indeed  very  beautiful.
 I  know  how  hard  you  have  worked  had  and  waited  for  this  aquascape,  but  don't  loose  heart.
 All  the  best.
 ADA  should  be  more  careful  before  declaring  results,  hope  they  will  take  corrective  actions.
Binesh
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:57 pm Post subject: Re: What's happening in TGIAC 2013 - Is it bluff!! Reply with quote

Abhi  -  i  really  hope  that  this  doesn't  happen  to  those  who  are  asking  you  to  remain  calm,  mature  etc  etc....
 just  wondering  if  it  had  happened  to  one  of  them  while  participating  in  IAPLC  and  had  to  travel  from  India  to  Tokyo..probably  those  individuals  might  commit  suicide  -  organizer  calls  you  to  declare  that  you  are  in  top  20  and  invites  to  join  the  function  and  than  your  name,  prize  everything  is  gone   Thumb Down  .....not  with  one   but  with  2  ranks.

Organizers  were  calling  individuals  asking  if  they  have  submitted  their  entries  before  the  last  date,  they  were  also  calling  asking  if  they  have  registered  and  purchased  the  tickets  before  the  event  -  if  this  can  be  organized  in  such  a  professional  manner  than  why  not  the  ranking  and  prizes,  is  it  actually  a  goof  up?

Wondering  why  Abhi  is  being  called  up  and  being  given  explanation/justification  over  the  phone  instead  of  an  email  or  may  be  here?  do  they  think  people  who  attended  the  event  had  come  to  grab  the  free  monte  carlo?...that  shows  the  level  of  their  thought  process.  Thumb Down  

We  all  may  be  partially  wrong  until  it  gets  cleared  by  the  organizers  themselves.  Lets  be  little  sensitive  with  human  emotions,  just  having  business  acumen  on  earth  may  not  help  as  humans  rule  here.
abhis9
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:36 am Post subject: Re: What's happening in TGIAC 2013 - Is it bluff!! Reply with quote

Hi  Sandeep  &  Binesh,

Thanks  a  lot  my  dear  friends.  I  really  appreciate  your  comments.

Right  now  I  am  waiting  for  Adip  &  TGIAC’s  verdict.
Whitesnake
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:40 pm Post subject: Re: What's happening in TGIAC 2013 - Is it bluff!! Reply with quote

Dear  Abhi,
 Its  sad  to  hear  what  has  happen.  I  hope  such  thing  do  not  happen  to  the  people  who  are  asiing  you  to  chill  
 I  am  sure  if  it  did  happen  to  them  they  would  have  it  the  roof  
 I  completly  understand  your  situation  and  please  do  not  let  the  issue  go  un  solved  
 Let  this  be  a  combined  situation  so  that  next  time  no  one  els  has  to  face  such  a  situation

I  am  with  you  on  this  ..........

Do  let  me  know  what  the  reply  you  get  for  the  failer  of  people  messing  up  your  respect  and  self  immage.  

Clive
abhis9
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:51 pm Post subject: Re: What's happening in TGIAC 2013 - Is it bluff!! Reply with quote

Hi  Clive,

Thanks  a  lot  dude.  Sure  I  will  let  you  know  whenever  I  received  anything  from  them
abhis9
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:10 pm Post subject: Re: What's happening in TGIAC 2013 - Is it bluff!! Reply with quote

Still  now  nothing  from  Organizers  as  well  as  Adip.
toomanyfish
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:58 pm Post subject: Re: What's happening in TGIAC 2013 - Is it bluff!! Reply with quote

Must  be  some  technical  goof  up  which  can  be  expected  in  any  competition
 but  calling  the  entire  compeition  a  fixed  event  and  what  not  is  going  a  bit  too  extreme.
 like  partha  said  its  not  22  20  or  even  10  that  matter.its  being  in  the  top  5.
 Probably  u  should  start  planning  for  next  years  scape  and  make  it  so  good  that  the  organizers  have  to  give  you  a  top  5  slot...irrespective  if  you  use  ada  or  not.
 Regards
 Hamza
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cinciboy
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:52 pm Post subject: Re: What's happening in TGIAC 2013 - Is it bluff!! Reply with quote

To  me  this  event  is  past  any  credibility  since  so  much  justification  on  why  it  happened  and  what  not  happened.  Boy,  this  is  ADA  competition  and  not  some  two  guys  in  a  corner  aquarium  trying  to  arrange  a  competition.

Somebody  saying  to  me  that  my  rank  was  something  and  since  I  complained  it  is  now  22.     Shocked  

I  am  you  Abhi  and  if  this  event  is  anything  serious  you  should  have  gotten  a  valid  reason  by  now  and  what  was  promised  reinstated.  I  will  never  accept  for  anything  less  or  more  than  what  was  promised.

Sorry  mods.  If  you  feel  this  is  offensive,  please  remove  this  post.

What  I  said  above  is  based  on  what  is  written  in  this  thread.
aquadip2000
Moderator - Sponsor's Forum

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:03 pm Post subject: Re: What's happening in TGIAC 2013 - Is it bluff!! Reply with quote

Dear  Friends  and  fellow  Aquascapers,

Firstly  we  at  the  Still  Water  Aquatics  and  ADA  India  team  would  like  to  thank  all  the  participants  of  the  TGIAC  2013  and  thank  all  of  you  on  IAH  for  all  the  support  that  you  have  given  us  and  surely  give  us  always.  We  wish  to  see  many  more  of  you  at  the  TGIAC  2014  

The  Great  Indian  Aquascaping  Contest  is  in  its  2nd  year  thanks  to  all  our  well  wishers  giving  us  their  feedback  and  constructive  criticism.   It’s  always  wonderful  to  see  people  voicing  their  concerns  here  in  IAH  and  other  related  forums.

This  is  what  drives  us  to  better  every  year,  so  with  your  help  we  learn  along  the  way  and  strive  for  the  betterment  of  the  hobby.

We  are  not  here  to  hurt  anybody’s  feelings,  in  our  opinion  you  all  181  of  you  are  winners  because  you  are  the  pioneers  in  the  hobby  and  by  participating  you  are  directly  influencing  the  new  generation  to  enjoy  the  hobby  like  we  all  have  done,  so  there  is  no  question  of  one  being  the  winner  or  one  being  the  looser.

You  are  all  winners  by  just  being  a  part  of  this  wonderful  hobby  with  no  pride  or  prejudice.

All  of  you  here  have  expressed  your  opinions  and  I  honor  them,  as  I  am  sure  you  are  able  to  justify  your  opinions  and  I  strongly  believe  that  you  are  all  voicing  your  opinions  knowing  full  well  how  this  event  is  conducted  and  the  amount  of  time,  effort  and  money  it  takes  to  conduct  an  event  of  this  scale.

I  am  not  here  to  change  anybody’s  opinion  or  to  massage  anybody’s  pride,  To  Each  is  His  Own
 But  I  will  surely  tell  you  what  is  in  my  mind  and  I  thank  you  for  taking  the  time  to  read  this.

TGIAC  is  India's  largest  Planted  aquarium  Photo  contest  and  we  hope  to  make  it  larger.
 With  181  entries  this  year,  we  had  participation  from  across  the  country

The  no  of  entries  from               NORTH  INDIA  -  3
                                                                     CENTRAL  and  WESTERN  INDIA  -  21
                                                                     SOUTH  INDIA-  122
                                                                     EASTERN  INDIA-35

We  at  ADA  India  and  Still  Water  aquatics  have  done  everything  in  our  capacity  to  have  a  fair  contest  and  judgment  so  for  the  first  time  we  had  a  panel  of  Judges  from  Poland,  Brazil  and  Thailand  who  selected  the  best  aquascapes  in  India  by  allocating  points  based  on  the  following  criteria

Creativity  of  the  Aquascape
 Layout  Design
 Condition  of  the  Aquatic  Plants
 Photography  Aspect

Of  this  the  Top  selection  the  entries  went  to  ADA,  Japan  where  Mr.  Amano  allocated  the  points  according  to  his  judgment  and  final  we  had  a  list  of  ranks  allocated  for  the  181  entries.  As  always  Mr.  Amano’s  Judgment  was  revealed  to  us  the  night  before  the  event  i.e.  on  the  26th  of  July.

Invitations  were  sent  to  the  top  22  Aquascapers  few  days  before  the  event  at  which  point  we  only  had  "Image  Codes"  of  these  participants  and  no  idea  of  their   final  ranks,  we  clearly  assumed  that  there  were  some  entries  that  are  tied  and  it  would  not  make  sense  to  remove  any  particular  person  from  this  list.  

Only  when  the  final  results  came  back  from  Japan  was  it  clear  to  us  also  that  there  were  no  ties  and  we  had  now  22  names  instead  of  20  but  we  had  invited  all  22.  So  not  to  disappoint  any  one  all  the  22  tanks  of  the  people  had  been  invited  were  shown  at  the  event  and  discussed  in  detail  by  Mr.  Thio  and  Myself  and  that  we  could  bring  recognition  and  applaud  the  achievement  of   these  22   Aquascapers  for  their  contribution  to  the  hobby  and  the  world  of  aquascaping.

The  Invite  also  was  sent  to  all  the  participants  to  attend  the  Award  ceremony,  the  Invite  was  a  kind  request  and  at  no  point  were  any  one  forced  to  attend.

As  for  the  winners  who  could  not  make  it  to  the  Awards  Ceremony,  their  gifts  have  been  promptly  couriered  to  their  addresses  at  the  cost  of  the  company

As  for  the  Top  22  Aquascapers  we  are  in  the  process  sending  Mementos  and  Certificates  again  couriered  to  their  addresses  at  the  cost  of  the  company.  

After  Discussions  with  ADA  Japan  we  have  come  to  a  conclusion  that  from  next  year  there  will  be  a  change  to  this  policy

As  for  Mr.  Adhikary's  tank  being  ranked  twice,  it  was  oversight,  we  had  found  multiple  entries  done  by  Mr.  Adhikary  who  registered  with  us  on  our  web  site   and  also  through  the  email  route  and  looks  like  we  did  miss  one  of  those  and  it  has  been  registered  twice.  We  will  see  that  it  does  not  happen  in  the  coming  year.

All  we  receive  is  a  photo  and  an  auto  assigned  code  to  the  image  and  we  have  it  consolidated  and  sent  for  judging,  and  the  people  doing  the  consolidation  are  not  part  of  the  hobby  but  an  independent  agency  hired  to  do  this  for  us  and  they  do  not  need  to  recognize  one  tank  from  the  other

This  is  a  contest  to  judge  your  skills  and  not  what  product  you  are  using...off  course  everyone  knows  that  a  person  can  do  a  much  better  aquascape  using  expensive  products.

For  all  those  who  think  that  there  was  something  wrong  in  the  way  the  contest  was  conducted,  all  I  can  suggest  that  For  The  TGIAC  2014  why  don’t  you  form  a  hobbyist  panel  and  mail  us  all  your  valuable  suggestions  and  ideas  and  we  will  try  our  best  to  apply  them  where  required.

Our  Aim  at  Still  Water  Aquatics  and  ADA  India  is  to  See  India  on  the  top  in  the  World  Aquascaping  competitions.  We  want  to  see  highest  entries  from  India  in  IAPLC,  which  is  the  world's  largest  planted  layout  photo  contest.

The  TGIAC  was  never  intended  to  be  for  commercial  gain  and  never  will  be.  To  justify  this  I  request  a  senior  hobbyist  like  Mr.  Nayak  to  drop  by  at  our  office  and  will  gladly  show  him  what  it  costs  to  put  up  a  show  of  this  size  and  grandeur.

The  TGIAC  is  and  will  always  be  to  for  promoting  Aquascapers  in  India  and  to  promote  the  aquarium  hobby.

Recognizing  Mr.  Adhikary’s  skills  and  seniority  he  was  requested  to  give  the  prize  to  the  winner  of  the  Trevor  memorial  trophy,
 The  Trevor  memorial  trophy  was  an  idea  given  to  us  by  a  dear  friend  and  hobbyist,  so  we  at  Still  Water  Aquatics  saw  it  as  a  great  idea  and   instituted  the  trophy  as  part  of  the  ceremony  to  give  a  fair  chance  to  all  the  participants  and  that  is  exactly  what  happened  and  Mr.  Eishwar  Manaay,  bagged  the  prize  and  was  voted  by  you  the  public.

This  only  goes  to  show  that  good  skills  cannot  be  hidden  and  that  if  your  effort  is  good  you  will  win  and  the  people  will  pick  you  out.  Again  the  TGIAC  is  not  about  winning  or  losing  it  is  about  participating  and  being  proud  of  you  hobby  and  to  bring  recognition  to  our  country  in  whatever  small  way.

As  for  Prajwal  Ghosh  getting  a  prize,  it  was  the  second  best  aquascape  in  North  India  after  Mr.Parthparthim,  so  his  good  luck  as  we  had  only  3  aquascapes  from  that  region.

I  guess  I  have  said  enough  and  was  able  to  put  all  your  doubts  to  rest,  yet  if  you  do  have  valuable  tips  to  add  to  improve  the  TGIAC  or  an  issue  that  you  may  have  to  discuss  regarding  the  betterment  of  the  hobby  or  the  contest  please  feel  free  to  send  me  an  email  on  adip  [at]  stillwateraquatics  [dot]  com  and  promise  to  personally  reply  to  you  as  soon  as  possible.

To  conclude  all  that  I  have  to  say  is  that  it  is  very  easy  to  hide   in  a  crowd  and  point  fingers  and  be  judgmental  about  everything  but  “We  promise  you  that  we  at  Still  Water  Aquatics  and  ADA  India  will  stand  Ahead  of  the  crowd  get  fingers  pointed  at  us,  be  judged  and  yet  strive  to  make  Indian  Aquascapers  the  best  in  the  world  and  we  will  see  to  it  that  an  Indian  will  rule  the  world  of  Aquascaping  and  wins  IAPLC  no  matter  what  it  takes”

We  have  made  up  our  mind  and  we  hope  you  will  all  be  at  our  side  to  make  this  dream  of  ours  come  true.This  is  only  the  beginning  in  the  making  of  history  in  the  world  of  aquascaping  that  will  be  spoken  about  long  after  we  are  gone,  so  join  us  and  let’s  make  history  together  

The  first  step  will  be  to  have  maximum  entries  in  IAPLC  2014  more  than  China  and  Japan,  that  means  at  least  700  entries,  Are  you  all  ready  to  take  the  challenge???

We  at  Still  Water  Aquatics  and  ADA  India  are  ready  to  do  what  it  takes,  are  you  the  hobbyist  of  India  with  us  in  our  endeavor  to  make  our  country  proud?

I  request  you  my  dear  friends  let’s  focus  on  the  larger  picture  here  make  this  dream  of  700  entries  come  true  at  TGIAC  2014  and  IAPLC  2014  and  I  will  take  the  winner  to  Japan  for  the  IAPLC  2014!!  Thumb Up  

Finally  I  guess  it’s  time  for  all  of  you  to  start  getting  ready  for  The  Great  Indian  Aquascaping  Contest  2014  
 And  time  for  us  at  Still  Water  Aquatics  and  ADA  India  to  see  how  best  we  can  incorporate  your  feedback  into  the  process  to  make  the  event  and  contest  better  for  everyone.

I  wish  you  all  Id  Mubarak  and  a  very  Happy  Independence  Day  in  Advance.
Mortis
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:31 pm Post subject: Re: What's happening in TGIAC 2013 - Is it bluff!! Reply with quote

Why  top  22  Aquascapers  instead  of  a  rounded  number  like  20  or  25  ?  22  also  just  happens  to  be  Abhis9s  ranking  also.  Its  a  lucky  coincidence  it  seems  unless  its  ADA's  22nd  anniversary  year  or  something  which  is  why  you  chose  it  ?
Ghostrider
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:43 pm Post subject: Re: What's happening in TGIAC 2013 - Is it bluff!! Reply with quote

@Abhis9
 now  u  can  tel  your  wife  and  friends  what  happen  Very Happy
Whitesnake
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:46 pm Post subject: Re: What's happening in TGIAC 2013 - Is it bluff!! Reply with quote

Yes  thats  a  good  question  why  ?

Something  not  right  ...........

Abhi  got  a  letter  from  the  organizer  and  then  after  spending  his  own  money  travelled  and  then  got  2  ratings  ........

HAMZA  let  me  tell  you  this  had  you  been  in  Abhis  place  would  you  have  accepted  such  a  reply  what  you  wrote?

Its  about  being  selected  given  a  rating  and  an  invite  and  then  realizing  boom  rating  dropped.  ?....

Funny  very  crazy  and  funny  

This  is  my  thoughts  and   I  feel  Abhi  is  completly  let  down  whats  suprising  even  more  the  mods  here  are  also  covering  up  be  honest  guys  mistake  made  accept  it..........

Cd
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  Events All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: