196. Guest
197. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 464
 Member(s): 16
 Total: 480

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 30,643

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - What's happening in TGIAC 2013 - Is it bluff!!
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

What's happening in TGIAC 2013 - Is it bluff!!
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rasikanayak

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:52 pm Post subject: Re: What's happening in TGIAC 2013 - Is it bluff!! Reply with quote

I  have  locked  till  tomorrow  morning.  kindly  cooperate.

Regards,
Severumkid
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:38 am Post subject: Re: What's happening in TGIAC 2013 - Is it bluff!! Reply with quote

Thats  a  good  answer  Adip,  I  am  sure  that  the  competition  is  not  fixed  and  you  guys  are  doing  a  very  good  job  in  popularizing  the  planted  tank  scene  in  India.  The  only  concern  that  remain  is  lack  of  coordination  amongst  yourselves.  Cause  see,  when  you  guys  called  us  up,  it  was  very  clearly  told  that  all  top  20  winners  are  eligible  for  'PRIZES'  later  that  became  'MEMENTOS'.  Now,  in  stead  of  that  if  it  was  clearly  told  at  the  very  beginning  that  the  toppers  will  get  prizes  and  rest  will  get  mementos,  then  all  the  heart  break  and  heart  burn  would  have  been  easily  avoided.  
 At  the  same  time,  it  takes  years  to  bring  out  a  process  that  will  be  more  or  less  flawless  and  TGIAC  is  still  a  very  young  initiative,  so  we  all  need  to  be  a  little  bit  more  patient  and  accepting  towards  the  people  who  are  conducting  the  event.  I  am  sure  these  flaws  will  be  ironed  out  in  future.  :D

toomanyfish  wrote  (View  Post):                
Must  be  some  technical  goof  up  which  can  be  expected  in  any  competition
 but  calling  the  entire  compeition  a  fixed  event  and  what  not  is  going  a  bit  too  extreme.
 like  partha  said  its  not  22  20  or  even  10  that  matter.its  being  in  the  top  5.
 Probably  u  should  start  planning  for  next  years  scape  and  make  it  so  good  that  the  organizers  have  to  give  you  a  top  5  slot...irrespective  if  you  use  ada  or  not.
 Regards
 Hamza                

I  think  you  should  try  to  understand  the  poor  guys  feelings.  

You  say  only  top  5  matters.  I  would  like  to  know  that  how  you  came  to  such  conclusion?

And  you  expect  technical  goof  ups  in  every  competition?  Why?

Last edited by Severumkid on Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:01 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cinciboy
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:17 am Post subject: Re: What's happening in TGIAC 2013 - Is it bluff!! Reply with quote

@Adip,
    It  is  great  to  see  competitions  like  this  happens  in  India  and  would  like  to  thank  ADA  india  for  organizing.  

You  asked  for  constructive  dialog  in  your  post  and  here  I  am.

Changing  rules  on  the  fly  is  not  acceptable  to  me  eventhough  an  error  was  made,  accommodating  it  is  not  a  solution.  You  should  have  regretted  it  rather  than  making  it  22.  By  making  this  adjustment,  the  mesage  to  me  is  'it  can  be  adjusted'.  I  would  second  guess  on  all  my  friends  on  their  ranking  eventhough  I  know  they  have  worked  hard.

I  see  in  your  post  you  have  suggested  some  changes  to  next  year  contest  and  hopefully  the  next  contest  will  be  a  fiercly  contested  one.

Good  luck  to  team  ADA  and  all  the  future  participants.
abhis9
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:21 pm Post subject: Re: What's happening in TGIAC 2013 - Is it bluff!! Reply with quote

Hi  Adip,

Sorry  Adip  not  agree.  This  is  not  Justice  which  I  am  looking  for.  

>>  What  I  was  promised  I  should  get  that.

>>  I  submit  my  picture  once  only.  But  from  your  office  somebody  called  and  told  me  that  they  didn't  receive  the  picture.  And  they  gave  me  a  mail  id  to  send  the  picture.  Then  I  send  my  picture.  Now  how  your  people  managing  it  that's  not  my  concern.

>>  WRONG  ....I  have  been  told  by  Goutam  Gupta  on  21st  July,  that  I  was  in  TOP  20  and  you  will  get  the  official  mail  soon.  SO  WHO  IS  RIGHT  !!  

Don't  assume  that  we  are  fool.  But  you  know  how  to  make  people  fool.  Example  -  Me.

>>  If  in  top  20  there  are  3  names  then  why  not  all  3  names  published  against  rank  20  in  the  website  !!  Do  you  ever  think  about  it  !!  

>>  Also  'PRIZES'(promise)  change  to  'MEMENTOS'(reality)

That's  why  still  I  will  tell  that  I  was  greatly  cheated  by  The  Great  Indian  Cheating  Aquascaping  event.  

And  another  The  Great  Indian  Cheating  Aquascaping  event  going  to  happen  next  year.  

So  Guys  People  be  ready  to  cheat  again.

Hamza,
 It's  very  easy  to  say  but  not  very  easy  to  feel  man.

Toomanyfish,
 According  to  you  then  only  top  5  should  be  call  for  prize  etc.....  So  why  then  organizer  mail  to  people  that  you  are  in  top  20  aka  22  aka  .....  !!   Did  you  feel  ever  how  embarrassing  situation        it  is  !!

WhitesnaKe,
 Mod  /  Admins  are  very  good  friends  of  Adip.  As  well  as  he  owns  sponsorship  forum  in  IAH.

So  how  can  a  common  people  like  me  will  get  the  proper  justice!!  

In  India  it  always  happening  and  also  will  happen.

Last edited by abhis9 on Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
abhis9
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:27 pm Post subject: Re: What's happening in TGIAC 2013 - Is it bluff!! Reply with quote

Ghostrider  wrote  (View  Post):                
@Abhis9
 now  u  can  tel  your  wife  and  friends  what  happen  Very Happy                

Let  me  know  what  should  I  tell  them  !!  Because  I  already  prove  myself  to  them  that  I  given  them  a  big  bluff.
abhis9
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:51 pm Post subject: Re: What's happening in TGIAC 2013 - Is it bluff!! Reply with quote

rasikanayak  wrote  (View  Post):                
I  have  locked  till  tomorrow  morning.  kindly  cooperate.

Regards,                

Hi  Nayak,

Want  to  lock  the  thread  !!  Why  !!

I  am  looking  for  justice.  Don't  you  think  it's  wrong  when  I  was  promised  some  by  the  organizers  !!   Surprised

Last edited by abhis9 on Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
toomanyfish
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:11 pm Post subject: Re: What's happening in TGIAC 2013 - Is it bluff!! Reply with quote

i  did  not  mean  the  top  20  dont  matter...i  just  meant  that  finishing  in  anything  less  than  the  top  5  is  not  goal  achieved.thats  the  only  way  we  can  strive  and  improve  ourselves.would  you  always  wanna  remain  in  the  top  20  all  your  life
 Besides  the  decision  to  attend  such  functions  is  entirely  yours.no  one  forced  anyone  to  attend.and  attending  something  just  for  a  prize  is  wrong.look  at  it  as  attending  to  meet  fellow  hobbyist  to  learn  etc.The  lure  of  the  prize  alone  should  not  be  the  only  reason  to  attend
 Regards
 Hamza
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
abhis9
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:33 pm Post subject: Re: What's happening in TGIAC 2013 - Is it bluff!! Reply with quote

I  never  said  I  am  looking  for  prize,  rank  etc.  etc.  I  also  participating  in  IAPLC  last  4  years.

Whatever  ranking  I  got  I  am  satisfied.  But  after  declare  something  if  it  changes  then  there
 is  obviously  something  wrong  which  is  happened  with  me.  And  I  want  to  point  out  that  only  from.  

I  never  said  anything  about  this  year  TGIAC  ranking,  nothing  about  ADA  products,  no  personal  attack.  I  just  wanted  proper  justice.  That's  all.  Please  don't  mix  it  up  HAMZA.
toomanyfish
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:24 pm Post subject: Re: What's happening in TGIAC 2013 - Is it bluff!! Reply with quote

Its  a  human  error.Adip  apologised.what  more  are  you  expecting?
S_Nayak
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:27 pm Post subject: Re: What's happening in TGIAC 2013 - Is it bluff!! Reply with quote

Adip

Your  reply  to  Abhi  da  on  this  forum  should  have  come  on  the  27th  itself  after  receiving  the  details.  After  waiting  for  so  many  posts,  your  reply  seems  to  be  well  thought  out.  We  are  IAH  members  and  this  is  our  hobby,  not  a  business.  If  Organizing  an  event  like  this  costs  you  a  lot  of  money,  don't  blame  us.  It  does  cost  members  a  lot  of  money  to  travel  to  events  once  they  are  assured  of  having  being  won  a  prize  in  such  a  contest.  In  a  hobby,  nobody  forces  us  to  do  anything,  we  simply  love  to  do  it  and  put  in  our  best  efforts.

Your  comment  "everyone  knows  that  a  person  can  do  a  much  better  aquascape  using  expensive  products"  is  totally  unacceptable,  as  IAH  members,  have  time  and  again  proven  that  it  takes  more  than  just  the  right  products.  They  have  created  far  better  scapes  with  locally  available  sand,  filters  and  lights.  It  takes  an  Artist  to  visualize  the  final  outcome  of  any  scape.  I  have  learnt  aquascaping  from  these  IAH  hobbyists,  not  by  using  ADA  products.

Since  I  didn't  want  to  hide  in  a  crowd,  point  fingers  and  be  judgmental,  I  am  posting  this  reply  in  support  of  my  fellow  IAH  member.  I  feel  that  we  should  start  our  own  contest  on  IAH  since  the  entry  fees  can  be  collected  for  such  events.  IAH  has  enough  members,  to  host  these  events  on  its  own.  The  last  event  in  Pune  was  very  well  organised  and  I  look  forward  to  similar  events  in  the  future.

Lastly,  on  this  forum,  since  you  are  declaring  that  you  "will  take  the  winner  to  Japan  for  the  IAPLC  2014",  please  confirm  that  you  will  be  paying  for  their  entire  travel  cost,  since  we  don't  want  to  assume  anything  at  this  point  now.

Regards

Sandeep  Nayak
stalingard
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:36 pm Post subject: Re: What's happening in TGIAC 2013 - Is it bluff!! Reply with quote

S_Nayak  wrote  (View  Post):                
Adip

"will  take  the  winner  to  Japan  for  the  IAPLC  2014",  please  confirm  that  you  will  be  paying  for  their  entire  travel  cost,  since  we  don't  want  to  assume  anything  at  this  point  now.

Regards

Sandeep  Nayak                

!  concur,  +1
Athreyan
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:21 pm Post subject: Re: What's happening in TGIAC 2013 - Is it bluff!! Reply with quote

Hi  all,
 I've  been  following  this  thread  since  it  started.  I  didn't  leave  any  comments  because  I  have  no  insights  into  TGIAC.  I'm  not  a  participant  either.  but  I  wanted  to  follow  the  happenings,  so  was  reading.

But  Nayak's  comments  have  sound  logic  &  weight,  and  that  is  why  I'm  sounding  my  thoughts.

@Nayak:  I  love  your  suggestion  of  an  aquascaping  contest  by  IAH.  Why  don't  some  seniors  take  the  lead  &  come  up  with  something?  I  would  love  to  help  in  any  which  way  I  can.

I  have  had  a  few  personal  opinions  about  IAPLC.  firstly,  it  is  driven  by  a  brand,  and  therefore  I  see  commercial  motive.  Secondly,  it  is  hard  to  find  'official'  pictures  of  the  winning  entries.  So  it  seems  a  bit  secretive.

In  the  same  vein,  I  love  the  AGA  aquascaping  contest.  Firstly,  it  is  conducted  by  a  hobbyist/expert  group.  Secondly,  it  seems  quite  transparent.  The  entries  (not  just  the  winning  ones)  are  showcased  on  the  website.  In  addition,  judges'  comments  are  published  alongside.  This  not  only  gives  a  sense  of  reliability,  but  also  teaches  newbies  about  the  nuances  of  aquascaping  in  minute  details.  Some  of  the  expert  critiques  are  very  indepth!  I  also  like  the  fact  that  they  have  segregated  the  contest  according  to  tank  size.  They  also  have  a  biotope  &  paludarium  section.  Not  to  mention  that  their  judging  panel  comprises  of  some  stalwarts  of  the  hobby  like  Karen  Randall,  Bailin  Shaw  etc.

Personally,  if  (or  when)  I  get  to  a  stage  where  I  feel  I  can  enter  competitions,  I  would  prefer  to  enter  the  AGA  contest  rather  than  IAPLC.

So  I  think  an  IAH  aquascaping  contest  is  a  great  idea  &  should  be  pursued  with  seriousness.  we  could  even  club  the  awards  ceremony  with  Aquatika.
apuda2010
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:53 pm Post subject: Re: What's happening in TGIAC 2013 - Is it bluff!! Reply with quote

We  are  IAH  members  and  this  is  our  hobby,  not  a  business....@Sandeep  -  are  you  sure  this  is  correct  ?
Amazonian2010
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:18 am Post subject: Re: What's happening in TGIAC 2013 - Is it bluff!! Reply with quote

+1  with  Nayak..IAH  is  a  family  and  we  stick  to  each  other  in  the  hard  times  and  good  times..
nikhilsood1
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:10 am Post subject: Re: What's happening in TGIAC 2013 - Is it bluff!! Reply with quote

I  cant  believe  this  is  still  going  on.  Everyone  must  realise  we  are  all  Hobbyists  and  Adip  is  too.  While  some  or  most  of  us  choose  to  sit  and  be  in  the  hobby  there  are  a  few  like  him  who  have  made  it  their  life  and  are  trying  to  improve  the  general  and  overall  standard  of  this  hobby  and  equipments  and  other  such  things.  I  have  been  keeping  planted  aquariums  for  15  years  now  and  have  seen  the  way  this  hobby  has  grown  after  ADA  came  to  India.  Everything  became  easy  to  keep  and  manage.  I  am  sure  there  is  no  hidden  conspiracy.  

I  understand  that  something  was  said  and  it  turned  out  to  be  wrong.  Abhi  you  asked  for  a  reply  and  Adip  gave  you  one.  Lets  get  over  this  and  try  and  help  someone  who  is  helping  us  too.  Its  early  days  and  rather  than  having  a  rant  about  it  lets  just  get  over  this  and  work  constructively.  I  would  say  aim  for  the  1st  place  next  time  so  that  such  a  situation  is  completely  ruled  out.  I  would  suggest  Nayak  to  lock  this  thread  as  the  aggrieved  party  is  only  Abhi  and  its  just  turning  in  to  mud  slinging  competition  by  members  who  are  no  way  connected  to  this  incident.  A  question  was  asked  and  it  has  been  replied  in  detail.

Happy  Fish  keeping  to  all.
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  Events All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: