60. Guest
61. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 1,909
 Member(s): 0
 Total: 1,909

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 30,881

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - Project A: Sintex Tank Pond
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

Project A: Sintex Tank Pond
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> Outdoor Containers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alman
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:13 pm Post subject: Re: Project A: Sintex Tank Pond (In Making) Reply with quote

Here  is  some  update!!!

you  can  get  the  feel  of  water  turning  green  on  day  2  here.

Went  to  the  nearest  pond  today  to  pick  up  some  plants.  Collected  a  floating  plant,  couple  of  other  plant  and  a  lilly.

Here  is  the  lilly  I  collected

Placing  it  in  a  plastic  pot  with  my  used  ADA  amazonia  soil.

Here  are  couple  of  other  plants  I  picked.
 Dj,  is  this  the  plants  you  were  recommending?  Can  somebody  ID  these  plants  for  me?

And  finally  the  floating  plant

for  time  being  sapled  all  plants  in  the  same  pot.  Will  be  taking  out  the  full  water  and  refilling  it  again  by  this  week  end.  That  time  will  get  a  proper  pot  for  all  these  plants.

couple  of  pics  after  planting

How  about  using  those  plastic  pots?  will  they  survive  in  water?  or  using  a  mud  pot  is  better?  suggestion  please..
alman
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:27 pm Post subject: Re: Project A: Sintex Tank Pond (In Making) Reply with quote

Unfortunately,  the  water  had  some  ugly  foam  kinda  stuff  all  over  the  water  and  smelled  bad.  Sad
 Think  it  must  be  from  the  plants  from  the  pond  Sad
 So  order  from  home  department  to  clear  of  this  tank.

Here  is  the  picture  before  and  after.  Any  way  DIY  filter  is  on  its  way.  that  is  keeping  me  engaged  for  now.  Going  to  kolatur  tomorrow  to  get  some  filter  media  and  some  live  bearers.

Deepak267
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:44 am Post subject: Re: Project A: Sintex Tank Pond (In Making) Reply with quote

Though  your  pond  can  survive  without  a  filter.  i  would  recommend  some  kind  of  circulation  to  prevent  ammonia  spike  and  your  water  will  be  much  cleaner  when  you  have  a  established  biological  filter.  

you  can  also  add  some  black  substrate  (even  metal  chips  as  the  cheapest  option)  which  will  give  you  both  home  for  your  beneficial  bacteria  as  well  as  it  will  cover  the  base  of  your  tank(from  a  aesthetic  point).  

All  the  best  for  you.

Deepak
alman
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:01 pm Post subject: Re: Project A: Sintex Tank Pond (In Making) Reply with quote

Managed  to  do  my  DIY  filter  this  weekend.
 Took  the  paint  bucket  and  made  couple  of  holes  for  inlet  and  outlet.

INLET

OUTLET

This  rod  was  heated  red  hot  and  made  the  hole  in  the  bucket.

Managed  to  get  this  wooden  bottom  in  the  near  by  store  for  150rs.  Kept  in  the  bottom  thinking  it  can  manage  to  some  extend  of  not  distributing  the  floor  heat  to  the  tank.  Hope  it  works  Wink

Wiring  for  the  filter  motor.

Analyzing  the  position  of  the  filter.  Seem  ok  to  me!!

Here  comes  the  filter  media's.  Bought  from  aqua  star  over  the  weekend.

And  here  are  they  in  the  filer!!

The  outlet  was  covered  by  the  ceramic  rings  and  the  small  stones.  May  be  have  to  attach  a  small  tube  and  raise  the  outlet  level  inside  the  filter.

Installation  of  the  filter!!

Securing  the  motor  wire  and  silk  wire  joint  from  rainwater.  

Kept  few  ceramic  rings.  just  incase  if  I  need  to  make  a  DIY  diffuser  for  DIY  co2  Smile

And  finally  here  goes  the  initial  run  of  the  filter.

If  all  goes  well,  will  be  adding  the  plants  tomorrow.
sergiomiranda
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:47 pm Post subject: Re: Project A: Sintex Tank Pond (In Making) upd on pg2 Reply with quote

wow  dude  that  pond  filter  look's  great  Rock On   Rock On   Rock On   Rock On  
 waiting  to  see  the  full  setup  Thumb Up   Thumb Up  

bty  what  is  the  submersible  pump  capacity  
 just  an  potion  why  dont  u  use  sponge  in  the  filter
alman
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:54 pm Post subject: Re: Project A: Sintex Tank Pond (In Making) upd on pg2 Reply with quote

Thanks  sergiomiranda!

that  submersible  pump  capacity  is  600l/hr.
 That  is  a  good  idea  to  have  sponge  in  the  filter.  Will  see  if  I  can  find  one  suitable  one.  

Others!!!  need  a  quick  suggestion  here,  can  I  reverse  the  inlet  and  outlet  of  this  filter?  like  connect  the  pump  to  the  lower  point  of  the  filter  instead  of  the  top  one  (where  it  is  connected  now)?  will  that  make  it  work  as  a  full  fledged  filter?
sergiomiranda
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:48 am Post subject: Re: Project A: Sintex Tank Pond (In Making) upd on pg2 Reply with quote

alman  dude
   why  don't  u  go  for  a  bigger  output  pump  e:g  1600  l/hr  and  if  possible  check  out  different  sponge  mats  right  from  the  biggest  hole's  to  the  finest  ones  like  3  stage  

also  for  u  can  put  a  spray  bar  attached  to  the  bottom  outlet  Thumb Up   Thumb Up   Thumb Up
abhis9
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:15 am Post subject: Re: Project A: Sintex Tank Pond (In Making) upd on pg2 Reply with quote

Good  DIY  Alman.  

I  am  agree  with  Sergiomiranda.  You  need  to  increase  submersible  pump  capacity.
johnny
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:22 pm Post subject: Re: Project A: Sintex Tank Pond (In Making) upd on pg2 Reply with quote

What  is  the  water  temperature  like?   I  had  planned  to  get  such  a  tank  to  try  an  aquaponic  setup,  before  my  wife  pointed  out  how  hot  the  water  gets  in  sintex  tanks  during  the  day.

That  is  a  nice  filter  there.   My  suggestion  would  be  to  keep  the  filter  open  and  add  some  hyacinths  to  it.   Those  plants  can  really  soak  up  nutrients  in  the  water.

Watching  this  thread  to  see  how  it  develops.
Mortis
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:56 pm Post subject: Re: Project A: Sintex Tank Pond (In Making) upd on pg2 Reply with quote

Increase  flow  rate  substantially.  Also  the  filter  should  be  at  lower  or  same  level  of  tank  not  above  it.  Your  flow  rate  will  be  reduced  to  barely  200lph.  Also  the  green  sponge  looks  very  fine,  it  will  get  clogged  in  no  time.  You  should  have  atleast  1500-2000  lph  pump
alman
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:09 pm Post subject: Re: Project A: Sintex Tank Pond (In Making) upd on pg2 Reply with quote

Thanks  sergiomiranda  and  abhi  for  your  suggestion.  Will  see  if  my  home  minister  allow  be  put  fund  on  this  pond  development  Smile
 Deal  is  to  complete  it  whatever  I  have  lying  in  our  home.

Johnny,
 I  also  feel  the  water  will  get  some  high  temp  during  the  day.  I  have  not  taken  any  water  temp  yet.  To  avoid  the  temp  going  on,  I  had  introduced  floating  plants  and  lilly  plants.  But  it  will  take  time  for  them  to  give  the  real  benefit.  Have  to  wait  and  see.
 And  yes  I  added  couple  of  Water  hyacinth  today  along  with  other  floating  plants  and  stem  plants.

Will  post  the  pic  once  I  get  the  water  cleared!!

Added  ludwigia  sedioides  into  the  pond  today.  It  is  floating  horizontally,  I  mean  the  running  also  floating  horizontally.  I  thought  the  running  will  be  floating  vertically  and  making  the  leaves  float  horizontal  to  get  that  flower  look.

May  be  have  to  wait  for  couple  of  days  to  see  how  it  reacts  to  this  new  pond.
alman
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:26 pm Post subject: Re: Project A: Sintex Tank Pond (In Making) upd on pg2 Reply with quote

A  quick  update  after  introducing  plants  on  1st  october,  here  is  the  pic  on  2nd  morning.
 I  have  1  new  leaf  coming  out  from  the  lilly  today!!

Looks  like  the  filter  is  working  fine  so  far  and  not  seeing  any  green  algae  boom.  but  there  seem  a  brown  algae  bloom  in  the  tank  today.  Which  is  kinda  spider  net  inside  the  water.  Any  idea  on  how  to  control  them  and  what  could  be  the  reason  for  it?
morris3473
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:13 am Post subject: Re: Project A: Sintex Tank Pond (In Making) upd on pg2 Reply with quote

Alman,  The  first  plant  which  you  have  mentioned  for  identification  is  Ceratophyllum  demersum.  Please  avoid  the  use  of  that  plant  in  your  tank  because  they  grow  very  fast  and  it  will  be  difficult  for  you  to  control  and  you  may  regret  for  keeping  them  in  the  tank.  They  shed  their  small  leaves  very  fast  and  the  bottom  of  the  tank  will  be  very  dirty.
morris3473
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:26 am Post subject: Re: Project A: Sintex Tank Pond (In Making) upd on pg2 Reply with quote

Alman,  the  second  species  is  hydrilla.sp  and  the  third  one  is  salvinia.sp
alman
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:40 pm Post subject: Re: Project A: Sintex Tank Pond (In Making) upd on pg2 Reply with quote

Thanks  for  the  ID  Morris.  
 Since  there  was  some  kinda  algae  boom  I  throw  away  all  those  plants.

Any  way  replanted  with  some  fresh  plants  as  you  see  in  my  earlier  post.  Thanks  once  again!!!

Introduced  mollies  today  to  take  care  of  the  algae.  Surprised  to  see  them  working  immediately.  Also  did  50%  water  change  today  to  siphon  out  the  algae.

Here  is  the  before  and  after  picks

after  water  change!

Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  Outdoor Containers All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: