49. Guest
50. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 1,909
 Member(s): 0
 Total: 1,909

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 30,873

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - AQUATIKA 2015- MEMORIES
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

AQUATIKA 2015- MEMORIES

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sandeepraghuvanshi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:21 pm Post subject: AQUATIKA 2015- MEMORIES Reply with quote

I  have  been  a  member  of  IAH  for  over  10  years  now  but  somehow  attending  Aquatika  always  eluded  me.
 However  this  time  the  alignment  of  stars  was  perfect  and  I  was  able  to  attend  Aquatika.
 I  am  sharing  some  of  my  memories  with  you.
 I  reached  a  day  before  Aquatika  and  was  fortunate  enough  that  Rasiknayak  received  me  at  the  airport  itself.  He  had  also  graciously  decided  to  let  me  stay  with  them.

At  first  I  was  hesitant  to  accept  his  homestay  offer  due  to  the  reason  that  although  I  have  known  him  for  nearly  10  now  we  never  actually  met  face  to  face.
 However  I  was  also  eager  to  see  his  famous  Fish  room  and  talk  fishy  stuff  =D  with  a  person  of  his  knowledge  and  experience.

The  weather  of  Bangalore  is  fantastic  and  after  blistering  heat  of  Mathura  it  nearly  seemed  like  arriving  at  a  hillstation.
 The  drive  to  his  home  was  present,  there  I  met  family  members,  his  wife  and  two  cute  kids.

After  some  time  Madhu  from  Salem  arrived  at  his  home,  and  I  met  him  for  the  first  time  and  we  instantly  hit  off.
 He  radiates  a  kind  of  restless  bubbly  energy,  expert  on  native  places,  and  as  he  likes  to  travel.  
 We  discovered  that  we  that  visited  lot  of  off-beat  places.
 As  I  have  been   planning  a  trip  to  Ladakh  for  some  time  now,  and  he  seemed  to  have  visited  the  place  numerous  time,  it  was  extremely  interesting  talking  to  him.

After  some  time  two  more  Aquarium  fans  arrived  at  his  home,  Krishna  and  Sai  (  I  hope  I  get  the  names  right).  It  was  wonderful  talking  to  all  of  them.
 Time  flew  by  chatting  and  the  lunch  was  ready.  I  have  always  loved  south  Indian  food  and  it  was  a  gourmet  delight  for  me.  
 I  must  thank  Mrs  Nayak  for  putting  up  with  us  and  preparing  such  a  tasty  lunch.  Rava  idlis  cooked  in  Jackfruit  leaves  was  a  new  dish  for  me.
 After  a  heavy  lunch  we  rested  for  a  while  and  begin  to  move  out  Pre  Aquatika  bash.

more  to  follow;--------
rasikanayak

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:38 pm Post subject: Re: AQUATIKA 2015- MEMORIES Reply with quote

The  Rava  preparation  in  Jackfruit  leaf  basket  is  called  Khotte  and  is  a  Coastal  Karnataka  delicacy.
 yep!  It  was  Krishna  and  Sai.  I  had  two  visitors  on  Krishnashtami  day  named  Madhusudan  and  Krishna   Very Happy
Madan
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:25 pm Post subject: Re: AQUATIKA 2015- MEMORIES Reply with quote

That  fellow  Madhusoodhanan  is  a  fake,  still  not  found  a  single  Radha  !  Very Happy   Very Happy   Chuckle
kingfisher
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:34 pm Post subject: Re: AQUATIKA 2015- MEMORIES Reply with quote

No  Madan.

He  has  selected  already.

But  the  girl's  clan  practice  doesn't  allow  him  to  get  married.

Sorry  Madhu.  I  have  to  stand  for  and  beside  you.
Madan
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:38 pm Post subject: Re: AQUATIKA 2015- MEMORIES Reply with quote

He  must  contact  Vaiko  then  !
uv_umesh
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:17 am Post subject: Re: AQUATIKA 2015- MEMORIES Reply with quote

...  I  couldn't  stop  commenting  here.  Sri  Krishna  is  known  for  his  Gopikas,  which  means  he  romances  with  1000s  of  them  but  doesn't  marry  them  and  lead  a  life....so  our  hero  Madhusudan  is  not  a  FAKE....  ;)

The  images  are  self-explanatory  .....

Missed  this  one  due  to  bad  timings

Cheers!
sunealm
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:29 pm Post subject: Re: AQUATIKA 2015- MEMORIES Reply with quote

Really  missed  this  one.  Fully  agree  with  Sandeep.  I  was  fortunate  enough  to  stay  at  Nayak's  place  and  will  surely  miss  the  warmth,  food,  his  company  and  his  famous  fish  room.  I  have  been  regularly  attending  the  Aquatika  since  2005.  The  offbeat  meetings  at  Madan's  house,  his  adorable  family,  the  pre  event  party.  Learnt  a  lot  about  the  hobby.  Made  lot  of  friends  Ravi,  Beta,  Venkat,  Shreyas,  Adip..  the  list  goes  on.  I  take  this  opportunity  to  thank  each  one  of  them.  Was  even  fortunate  to  go  on  a  fishing  trip  with  these  guys.  What  a  adventurous  trip  it  was,  the  drift  by  Navneeth.  Missing  Trevor  a  lot  who  was  full  of  humor  and  energy.  Read  more  at   [url=  http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=13351&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=435]Collection  trip  /url].  It  is  great  to  have  such  fishy  friends.  Drinking  

Suneal
sandeepraghuvanshi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:37 pm Post subject: Re: AQUATIKA 2015- MEMORIES Reply with quote

Nayak,  it  is  in  public  interest  that  your  start  your  fish  room  soon.
 We  are  preparing  a  "pledge"  to  be  signed  by  all  and  organise  a  candle  march  in  front  of  your  house.   ROFL   ROFL
sandeepraghuvanshi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:44 pm Post subject: Re: AQUATIKA 2015- MEMORIES Reply with quote

PRE  AQUATIKA  BASH

After  attending  the  Krishnajanamashtmi  pooja  at  Nayak’s  house,  we  proceeded  on  to  Pre  Aquatika  Party  at  “Koramangla  Club”.  I  hope  the  name  is  right  I  am  terrible  at  remembering  names.   Very Happy  
 Along  the  way  we  picked  up  another  aquarist  Sanjoy  Ganguli,  it  was  pleasure  meeting  him.
 After  a  pleasant  drive  through  Bangalore  (  no  pun  intended)  we  reached  the  venue.
 A  major  charm  for  me  in  attending  this  event  was  meeting  my  friends  with  whome   have  been  talking  for  last  years  but  never  met  them.
 It  was  a  pleasure  meeting  all  of  them.  Madan,  Beta,  Venkat,  Deepak  (all  three  of  them)  Pradeep,  Preetam,  Abhishek,  Navneeth.  
 It  is  hard  not  to  talk  fish  when  you  are  in  such  a  company.
 It  was  a  pleasure  for  me  to  see  that  people  recognised  me  by  my  name,  even  though  I  had  not  met  them.
 I  had  a  long  discussion  with  Deepak  S  about  Fish  databases  as  it  is  a  field  of  common  interest  for  us.
 As  the  night  went  on  party  became  more  and  more  fun,  good  food,  good  drinks,  at  the  end  of  it  can’t  really  remember  what  we  drank  or  ate.
 At  some  point  we  all  got  back  and  prepared  for  the  main  event.
 I  do  not  have  any  pictures  for  this  but  saw  a  lot  of  guys  taking  pictures,  would  request  them  to  post  them.

Last edited by sandeepraghuvanshi on Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
random2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:26 am Post subject: Re: AQUATIKA 2015- MEMORIES Reply with quote

Had  very  good  time  on  5th  and  6th.

Thank  you  Sandeep  for  making  it  to  the  event.  Had  a  lively  time  discussing  fishy  things.
sandeepraghuvanshi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:04 pm Post subject: Re: AQUATIKA 2015- MEMORIES Reply with quote

AQUATIKA  DAY

Having  had  eaten  and  drank  the  previous  night  a  little  too  much  it  was  a  job  for  me  to  get  up  early  in  the  morning.  
 Me  Madhu  &  Nayak  moved  from  Nayak’s  house  and  had  breakfast  at  a  place  called  “Airline  Hotel”,  it  is  beautiful  heritage  hotel  and  morning  breakfast  under  vast  trees  was  heavenly.

[/URL][/img]

After  a  short  drive  we  reached  Aquatika  venue,  after  completing  registration  formalties  we  just  moved  around  chatting.
 The  computer  was  being  setup  for  presentation  and  very  shortly  The  proceedings  began  after  a  short  welcome  by  Madan.
 The  first  presentation  was  on  Lebuka  trevori  given  by  Beta.  
 This  fish  is  named  after  Trevoe  Menzes,  a  great  aquarist  and  human  being  who  is  no  longer  with  us  now.
 Nayak  gave  a  short  recollection  of  his  memories  with  Trevor  and  then  Beta  gave  a  extremely  informative  presentation  on  how  this  fish  and  caught,  described.  
 He  also  explained  various  steps  of  scientific  process  by  which  a  fish  is  described
superbsite
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:55 pm Post subject: Re: AQUATIKA 2015- MEMORIES Reply with quote

Thanks  for  sharing  Thumb Up  

Any  more  photos  ?
sandeepraghuvanshi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:20 pm Post subject: Re: AQUATIKA 2015- MEMORIES Reply with quote

I  was  enjoying  too  much  to  take  many  photos,   I  think  Navneeth  has  posted  a  lot  photos  alongwith  Abhishek.  They  are  in  the  other  thread.   Very Happy
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  Events All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: