74. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 1,909
 Member(s): 0
 Total: 1,909

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 30,881

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - Self Introduction
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

Self Introduction
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 92, 93, 94, 95, 96  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> New Members and Beginners
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cinciboy
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:42 am Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Welcome  all  new  IAH  members!.happy  fish  keeping  Thumb Up
Thrall
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:34 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hey  guys,  Faisal  here.  I've  had  an  aquarium  for  over  7  years  but  its  only  since  the  past  year  and  a  half  that  ive  actually  started  to  actively  participate.  Very Happy  Ive  got  the  a  30  gallon  long  2.5  foot  tank  running  with  a  pure  hardscape.
 Stocklist  inlcudes:  
 2  Rainbow  sharks-  7  years
 4  Black  widow  tetras-  got  them  about  a  year  ago
 3  Sepae  tetras-  had  a  shoal  of  7,  the  others  died  off  while  I  was  a  away
 5  Sterbai  Corys-  1  1/2  years
 Neon  ramirezi-  was  originally  a  pair  but  the  female  died.
   I'm  also  planning  on  getting  a  30  gallon  tall  in  a  few  days.  Hope  to  make  it  into  an  amazonian  biotope.  Cheers  and  happy  fishkeeping  Cheer
Patya
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:33 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hi  guys,I  am  Pratik  Sawai  from  nashik.I  have  been  in  this  hobby  for  a  year  almost  and  my  interest  is  in  planted  tanks  and  shrimp  keeping.I  have  2  tanks  running  now,both  are  with  loads  of  shrimps.planning  for  the  third  and  the  last.its  last  because  I  am  in  12th  now  and  will  surely  be  going  out  of  town  for  education  purpose,so  wish  me  luck!
 Hope  to  see  active  participation  from  your  side  for  my  last  tank,till  I  complete  my  education.  Smile
saran_g
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:03 am Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hello  all,  

My  name  is  Saran.  I'm  from  chennai,  Tamil  Nadu.  I'm  a  procurement  consultant  /  advisor  to  fortune  500  companies.  I'm  a  MBA  graduate  in  the  discipline  of  supply  chain  and  logistics.  

I'm  an  aquarium  hobbyist  for  the  past  17  years  or  so.  I  started  off  with  planted  aquariums  and  neon  tetras  as  my  first  tank  ever.  From  then  on  I  slowly  started  into  keeping  cichlids  and  koi's.  For  almost  5  years  I  was  into  breeding  only  Texas  cichlids.  Didn't  keep  any  other  species.  Right  now  I  have  a  kamfa  flowerhorn  imported  from  Malaysia.  I  very  recently  gave  away  an  8  inch  alligator  gar  as  he  was  growing  very  rapidly  to  fit  into  my  tank.  

I  am  very  keen  in  keeping  monster  fishes  and  cichlids.

Regards,
 Saran
johnwilsondodda
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:19 am Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hello  all,  

My  name  is  John  Wilson.  I'm  from  Hyderabad.  I'm  a  Restaurant  Manager  @  Rajiv  Gandhi  International  Airport  (Hyderabad).I'm  a  MBA  graduate  in  the  discipline  of  Tourism  and  Hospitality.  Joined  the  aquarium  community  to  learn  and  get  more  knowledge  about  it.  Has  a  small  tank  with  few  fishes  in  it,  don't  even  know  the  names  of  the  fishes  in  it  as  they  call  in  local  fish  store(1  shark  and  2  sucker  fish)Crying or Very sad      Sad     Sad  .  looking  forward  to  get  everyone's  support  to  achieve  a  successful  planted  tank.

Regards,  
 John  Wilson
hayath_dyno

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:39 am Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hello  and  welcome  to  the  forum,  everyone!  Smile  
 Please  go  through  the  multiple  sub-forums  to  dig  through  years  of  shared  knowledge
Marlon1990
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:53 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hi  all,I  am  Smith  from  US.  Cheering
 Samsung  galaxy  s7  case
onilgandhi
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:34 am Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hi,

I  am  a  retired  Indian  Naval  officer,  now  settled  in  Bangalore.  In  July  2015,  courtesy  few  friends  already  in  Aqua  Culture,  I  explored  this  area  and  also  undertook  shrimp  farming  at  Nellore,  AP.  Learnt  much  and  found  ornamental  fishes  more  interesting.  

Have  now  rented  a  small  farm  on  the  outskirts  of  Bangalore  and  plan  to  commence  operations  in  end-Feb  2016.  Till  then  I  am  visiting  /  conversing  with  those  associated  with  ornamental  fishing.  The  overall  plan  is  take  baby  steps  so  as  to  slowly  build  a  exports  oriented  unit.

Though  much  support  is  available  from  the  Karnataka  state  fisheries  department,  I  need  guidance  or  tie-ups  for  the  purchasing  good-quality  frys  of  endemic  fishes  and  constructing  polyhouse  for  growing  high-ended  variety  (as  part  of  the  up-scaling  plan).

I  am  in  Kolkata  on  07  Feb  and  will  also  be  visiting  the  Galiff  Street  Pet  Market.

Regards
 Onil  Gandhi
evenraghu
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:59 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hello
 I  am  raghupati  pradhan  from  odisha,  Soro.  I  am  newbie  to  aquarium  hobby,  I  hope  I  get  help  and  guidance  from  here  so  I  can  take  care  my  little  ones  Smile
rasikanayak

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:02 am Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hello,  
 Smith,  Onil  Gandhi  and  Raghupati  Pradhan.  Welcome  to  IAH.
 Happy  Fishkeeping,

Regards,
Jerome
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:58 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hello  Everyone,

This  is  Jerome  !!  I'm  from  Neyveli  TN,  Currently  living  in  Chennai..

Working  for  a  S/W  company...  I  love  fishkeeping...started  with  small  guppies  on  a  40  rupees  tank  while  I  was  a  5th  grade  kid...  :)

A  year  back,  Got  inspired  by  King  of  DIY  -  Joey  -  and  his  videos....  Currently,  running  a  20G  planted  freshwater  setup,  With  DIY  Canister  filter,  DIY  ATO,  DIY  CO2,  DIY  Cooling  system  (Fans  controlled  by  water  temperature).  Planning  for  a  120G  fully  planted  setup.

Hoping  to  get  more  friends,  get  opinions  and  help  on  planted  tanks...!!

Happy  FishKeeping..!!

Cheer
sankalp
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:23 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hello  All,  
 As  my  user  name  goes  I  am  Sankalp.  Started  my  gamble  with  fish  when  I  was  in  school,  roughly  around  12  years  back  with  two  pairs  of  Gouramis.  Though  they  were  my  first  fish,  they  lasted  really  long,  like  two  years  after  which  I  got  fed  up  of  them  and  returned  them  to  the  aquarium  shop  because  they  wouldnt  go  well  with  other  fish.  After  that,  I  have  kept  various  fish  out  of  which  the  longest  was  an  oscar  for  four  years  which  outgrew  my  3ft  tank  and  I  gave  it  away,  and  later  another  pair  of  oscars  which  I  kept  for  two  years.  As  of  now,  I  have  a  planted  setup  but  without  CO2  infusion.  The  results  are  pretty  good  and  the  plants  are  growing  well.  

I  would  like  to  take  this  hobby  to  a  bigger  level  by  getting  back  to  the  Oscar  with  a  bigger  tank  in  addition  to  my  planted  setup.  However  I  have  less  time  at  my  disposal  for  taking  care  of  the  fish  and  I  dont  want  to  leave  them  in  a  bad  state  without  care.  Currently  the  3ft  planted  tank  is  what  I  can  maintain  well.  Apart  from  this,  I  have  a  two  ponds  in  my  farm  a  little  distance  away  from  bangalore  in  which  I  want  to  grow  some  community  fish  like  carps,  mollies  and  guppies.  

Came  across  this  forum  recently  from  a  link  and  I  am  pleased  to  be  a  part  of  it.   Rock On  

By  profession  I  am  an  engineer  working  for  an  automobile  manufacturer  in  the  domain  of  active  safety  systems  for  cars.
Morpheus
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:32 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hi,

This  is  Sankar  from  Chennai,  Tamilnadu..  As  most  of  the  beginners,  my  venture  into  aquariums  was  started  with  a  Betta.  That  was  10  years  ago.  Re-invented  my  hobby  again  and  currently  having  a  10  gallon  planted  tank..  Learning  a  lot  from  youtube  and  other  forums..  But  love  to  learn  from  fellow  Indian  aquarists,  as  they  are  practically  my  neighbors..  

By  profession,  I  am  a  software  engineer  and  love  to  read  young  adult  fictions..
Aquarius35
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 7:05 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hi  all,  

I   Saugata  from  Shillong.  I  had  a  small  tank  which  housed  gouramis  and  angels  when  I  was  in  school.  Last  year  tried  to  build  a  small  planted  tank.  It  was  going  good  till  I  decided  to  rescape  it.  Shocked   Oops
niladride
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:35 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hi  all,

I  am  Niladri  from  Kolkata,  I  have  been  in  this  hobby  for  last  5  years,  recently  jumped  towards  marine  side.  

I  have  4.5  *  2  *  1.5  cubic  feet  tank,  wish  to  convert  it  towards  a  decent  marine  tank.

Thanks,

Niladri.
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  New Members and Beginners All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 92, 93, 94, 95, 96  Next
Page 93 of 96

Jump to: