93. Guest
94. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 464
 Member(s): 16
 Total: 480

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 30,484

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - Help needed Plants leaves are melting and falling
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

Help needed Plants leaves are melting and falling

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> Aquatic Plants and Planted Aquaria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rajkumar78
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:11 pm Post subject: Help needed Plants leaves are melting and falling Reply with quote

currently  i  am  using  2  feet  tank  with

Substract  :  JBL  manado

Lighting  :  T5  30  watts

Lighting  Hours  :  7

Co2  :  pressurised  co2  below  1bps  (7  hrs  per  day  while  lights  on  time)

Fertiliser  :  JBL  micro  and  macro  feeding  alternative  days  (1  ml  each  day)

Water  :  bore  well  water

Plants  :  had  plants  2  weaks  before
 Ammania  sp  bonsai  --  looks  good  in  tank
 Staurogyne  porto  velho  -----  no  problem  till  now
 Rotala  Macrandra  mini  (no  improvement  leaf  are  falling)
 Micranthemum  Umbrosum  (totally  gone)
 Lindernia  Rotundifolia  "Variegated"  (last  two  days  leaf  are  getting  black  and  falling)

Staurogyne  repens  (yesterday  08/10/2017  only  had  in  my  tank  should  wait  and  see)

my  plants  are  not  good  in  my  tank  i  dont  what  went  wrong  in  my  tank  i  am  new  for  planted  tank  just  now  i  am  trying  with  pressurised  co2  but  still  my  plants  not  getting  good,  pls  help

Forgot  to  tell  I  had  sunsun  canister  filter  

Now  there  is  small  small  green  spot  in  my  aquarium  glass  ,  yesterday  only  I  done  30%  waterchange  ,  I  think  algae  is  forming  

Pls  suggest  me  some  idea
Shaheed
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:01 pm Post subject: Re: Help needed Plants leaves are melting and falling Reply with quote

Hi,

Need  some  data  to  get  come  to  a  conclusion.  Overall  I  think  your  bore  water  is  the  culprit.

Check  the  pH  and  TDS  of  bore  water  and  tank.  Optionally  tests,  if  you  have  kit  -carbonate  hardness  (gH  &  kH).

Most  plants  melt  at  high  TDS  (600ppm  +)  readings.  Reason  -  there  is  competition  of  magnesium  and  potassium  at  the  plant  roots  and  leaves.
Mortis
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:26 pm Post subject: Re: Help needed Plants leaves are melting and falling Reply with quote

Increase  your  CO2  and  start  adding  liquid  ferts
Rajkumar78
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:03 pm Post subject: Re: Help needed Plants leaves are melting and falling Reply with quote

Thanks  for  your  advice  mortis,  currently  I  am  using  jbl  micro  and  macro   liquid  fertilizer  in  alternate  days,  I'll  increase  the  co2  and  watch  what  happen
Aquarium_Novice
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:07 pm Post subject: Re: Help needed Plants leaves are melting and falling Reply with quote

All  my  plants  are  low  light,  grown  outdoors  in  soil,  so  dont  know  much  about  lighting,  ferts  dosing  etc.  But  will  state  from  what  i  know  from  my  limited  knowledge  acquired  by  watching  videos  and  reading.
 Are  the  plants  recently  bought?  If  they  are  emersed  grown  plants,  they  will  drop  all  emersed  leaves  and  send  out  submersed  leaves.  Look  at  the  plant's  apex.  If  you  see  signs  of  new  growth,  the  plant  will  probably  be  alright.
 I  dont  know  much  about  ferts  and  nothing  about  your  substrate,  but  dosing  every  alternate  day  seems  to  be  excessive  imo.  Well  water  itself  contains  quite  enough  nutrients  itself.  
 I  would  probably  wait  and  see  what  happens  to  the  plants  and  do  frequrent  water  changes  and  maintenance  to  minimize  further  algae.
 Best  of  luck  with  your  tank  Smile
Mortis
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:02 pm Post subject: Re: Help needed Plants leaves are melting and falling Reply with quote

Also,  since  its  a  new  setup  the  plants  from  the  farm  will  be  adapting  from  emmersed  to  submerged  conditions  and  will  take  some  time  to  settle  in
Rajkumar78
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:47 am Post subject: Re: Help needed Plants leaves are melting and falling Reply with quote

thanks  friends  aquarium_novice  and  mortis  for  your  valuable  advice  I  also  think  to  stop  my  micro  and  macro  fertilizing  for  few  days  and  watch  how  my  plants  react.  today  morning  again  my  Staurogyn  repens  leaves  getting  fallen,  till  yesterday  its  look  good,  

In  couple  of  days  again  i  am  going  to  buy  some  plants,  is  there  any  good  plants  for  middle  ground  with  red  color,  and  short  bushy  plants  pls  let  me  know

I  am  having  my  co2  diffuzer  nearby  canister  inlet  pipe  is  this  ok  ?  
 now  i  am  thinking  to  buy  co2  inline  reactor  bcs  my  plants  are  not  at  all  growing

I  dont  know  what  i  am  doing  wrong
Mortis
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:57 pm Post subject: Re: Help needed Plants leaves are melting and falling Reply with quote

Dont  stop  dosing  ferts.  Move  the  CO2  diffuser  under  the  filter  Outlet  so  that  the  bubbles  get  blown  about  and  stay  in  the  water  longer.

Most  importantly  have  patience.  Changes  in  plant  growth  can  take  weeks  to  settle  down.
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  Aquatic Plants and Planted Aquaria All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: