191. Guest
192. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 464
 Member(s): 16
 Total: 480

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 30,755

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - Panda corys breeding success and pygmy cory success
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

Panda corys breeding success and pygmy cory success
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> Breeding & Fry Care
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blesson87
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:17 am Post subject: Re: Panda corys breeding success and pygmy cory success Reply with quote

UPDATE!  The  oldest  fry  is  now  a  little  over  a  week  old.  Everyone  feeding  on  the  hikari  first  bites  without  fuss  twice  a  day.  Oldest  already  exhibiting  colour  change  into  a  pale  white  and  considerably  larger  than  the  rest.  Other  eggs  hatched  today  as  well.  So  total  count  is  upto  17  mouths  to  feed!   Thumbs Up
sudhirr
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:38 pm Post subject: Re: Panda corys breeding success and pygmy cory success Reply with quote

Thanks  for  the  updates.  Keep  it  going.  Following  this  thread.
Blesson87
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:16 am Post subject: Re: Panda corys breeding success and pygmy cory success Reply with quote

Thanks  for  the  kind  words  sudhirr
nandy
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:22 am Post subject: Re: Panda corys breeding success and pygmy cory success Reply with quote

Congrats  mate  on  your  breeding  project.
 The  best  sight  for  a  hobbyist  is  to  see  his  fishes  breeding  in  tank.
Blesson87
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:03 pm Post subject: Re: Panda corys breeding success and pygmy cory success Reply with quote

nandy  wrote  (View  Post):                
Congrats  mate  on  your  breeding  project.
 The  best  sight  for  a  hobbyist  is  to  see  his  fishes  breeding  in  tank.                

Thanks  nandy...  Yes  it  is  my  first  successful  attempt  at  raising  fry  and  it  is  exhilarating!   Had  goldfish  and  betta  fry  before  but  couldnt  raise  them  to  maturity.  My  cardinal  tetras  breed  like  rabbits  but  unable  to  get  the  eggs  or  have  success  with  them  as  they  are  light  sensitive  so  given  up  on  them.
Blesson87
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:04 pm Post subject: Re: Panda corys breeding success and pygmy cory success Reply with quote

Well...  Had  my  first  fry  death.  A  single  fry  expired.  All  others  doing  good  especially  the  early  batch  is  putting  on  size  and  colour.  My  ambient  water  temperature  is  running  at  26°c  at  midday  here  in  bangalore  and  cools  down  to  25  by  night.  As  you  probably  know  the  limit  of  heat  cory  fry  can  handle  is  right  around  27°c  when  they  start  dieing  off.  So  im  at  my  limit  as  it  is.  The  water  out  of  the  tap  at  mid  day  is  easily  30°c,  so  forced  to  do  water  changes  at  nights  and  that  too  never  more  than  20%  entire  tank.  Daily  water  changes  plus  siphoning  off  uneaten  food  and  feeding  twice  a  day  is  the  regime  i  am  sticking  to  now.
 On  a  different  note  the  damned  adulta  spawned  again.  I  rescued  about  4-5  eggs  and  then  gave  up  to  focus  on  what  i  have.  I  want  to  see  if  and  how  many  survive  in  the  tank.  Thats  it  for  this  update.
 Cheers.
Shovelnose

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:32 pm Post subject: Re: Panda corys breeding success and pygmy cory success Reply with quote

Why  don't  you  use  a  small  CPU  fan  to  keep  the  temperature  down?  It's  not  going  to  be  as  effective  as  a  chiller  but  2-3  C  lower  is  still  good  enough.  
 On  another  note,  the  water  in  the  main  tank  is  precious!  An  old  spawning  trick  involved  the  use  of  'Cory  Spawn  Water'  across  tanks  to  encourage  other  fish  to  do  the  same.  You  can  make  a  note  of  parameters  for  future  use  and  post  it  here  as  well.
Blesson87
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:28 pm Post subject: Re: Panda corys breeding success and pygmy cory success Reply with quote

Shovelnose  wrote  (View  Post):                
Why  don't  you  use  a  small  CPU  fan  to  keep  the  temperature  down?  It's  not  going  to  be  as  effective  as  a  chiller  but  2-3  C  lower  is  still  good  enough.  
 On  another  note,  the  water  in  the  main  tank  is  precious!  An  old  spawning  trick  involved  the  use  of  'Cory  Spawn  Water'  across  tanks  to  encourage  other  fish  to  do  the  same.  You  can  make  a  note  of  parameters  for  future  use  and  post  it  here  as  well.                

The  tank  is  basically  In  my  living  room  right  next  to  the  window  where  it  gets  max  circulation  of  fresh  air  and  shielded  from  light  as  well.  And  my  living  room  fan  is  almost  on  top  of  the  tank  so  air  circulation  wise  i  dont  think  i  can  do  better.  The  fry  sit  in  a  diy  plastic  tray  with  holes  within  the  main  tank  clipped  to  the  side.  So  the  water  they  get  is  the  same  as  the  main  tank.
 And  yeah  i  am  familiar  with  spawning  of  corys  with  the  old  water  as  they  release  pheromones  and  that  will  induce  spawning  in  all  the  rest  of  the  corys,  but  my  other  corys  are  also  in  the  same  tank.  And  i  have  only  1  tank.  May  add  more  tank  in  the  future  but  right  now  ita  just  this  one.
 Regarding  tank  parameters...  I  have  slacked  off  on  my  testing,  which  i  do  every  alternate  water  change  and  maintain  a  tank  log.  But  i  will  test  now  and  post  it  on  here.
Blesson87
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:34 pm Post subject: Re: Panda corys breeding success and pygmy cory success Reply with quote

UPDATE!  At  just  over  20  days  the  oldest  of  fry  is  steadily  putting  on  size.  Most  interesting  aspect  is  that  the  fry  has  well  differentiated  dorsal  and  other  fins  now.  Slight  patches  of  black  now  visible  on  the  body  from  the  sides.  The  latest  batch  of  5  or  so  eggs  havent  hatched  yet.  No  deaths  so  far.  Touch  wood.
Blesson87
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:02 pm Post subject: Re: Panda corys breeding success and pygmy cory success Reply with quote

Side  shot  of  the  older  fry
Da_vipin
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:59 pm Post subject: Re: Panda corys breeding success and pygmy cory success Reply with quote

congrats  blesson!  and  also  appreciate  your  efforts  in  raising  the  fry's   Thumb Up
sudhirr
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:08 am Post subject: Re: Panda corys breeding success and pygmy cory success Reply with quote

Nice  pics.
Rohanj
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:22 am Post subject: Re: Panda corys breeding success and pygmy cory success Reply with quote

Hi  blesson  congratulations  again  !!   Today   my  bronze  Corries  spawned  in  a  20  long  cycled  tank     ,  and  now  have  nearly  50  eggs  from  them  plastered  next  to  the  filter.  Shifted  out  adult   corries  to  main  tanks     .  After  four  years  the  dream  of  breeding  these  fish  has  finally  come  true  !!Really  amazing  to  see  the  entire  breeding  ritual  ..seeing  those  eggs  being  laid  i  was  jumping  with  joy  thanks  for  the  inspiration  ..
Blesson87
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:41 pm Post subject: Re: Panda corys breeding success and pygmy cory success Reply with quote

Thx  Da_vipin  and  sudhirr.
 And  thanks  rohanj  congrats  on  your  corys  spawning  as  well.  Do  share  pics  of  your  journey  with  the  eggs.  Had  one  more  fry  death  but  the  rest  of  the  eggs  hatched  and  everone  is  doing  well.  Do  get  a  syringe  and  a  pipette  or  baster.  Very  useful  to  feed  and  suck  up  the  waste  imo.  My  pandas  spawned  at  around  1  AM  and  i  remember  losing  all  my  sleep  and  waiting  for  them  to  finish  to  pull  out  the  eggs   Chuckle  and  also  if  u  dont  have  access  to  microworms  go  for  hikari  bites,  these  guys  love  it.
Rohanj
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:19 am Post subject: Re: Panda corys breeding success and pygmy cory success Reply with quote

https://ibb.c/mmCQkH

https://ibb.co/hugzec

https://ibb.co/nNZG9c

Thanks  ,  saw  one  free   swimming  fry  for  the  first  time  today  !
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  Breeding & Fry Care All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: