Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:55 pm Post subject: eheim 2217 flow rate reduced problem
I want to bring into your attention that I have been using eheim 2217 on my existing fish tank since one month, but now water flow rate has been reduced to half what I was getting before.
tank is 4'*2'*1.5' bare bottom tank with 4gold fish(1.5 yrs age), tank is 1.5 yrs old, at the time of tank setup, I was using DOPHIN1600 but I was not happy with its performance so around a month ago I replaced dophin with new eheim 2217.
along with 2217 I am using DIY top filter powered with eheim compact1000 pump.
2217 and and diy top filter has got coarse sponge, fine sponge seachem matrix, eheim substrat pro and one bag of purigen in top filter.
well for past one month filtration was on fool swing, water was pristine clear.
I was away from home and wen I returned after some 6 days I found reduced flow rate of 2217, well I opened up the 2217 and cleaned the media and replaced the filthy sponge.
after reassembling and confirming priming, I started 2217, but I found flow to be low,
flow is really very low.
now the diagnosis part.
1) I confirmed the priming by unplugging outlet pipe from 2217, water was flowing free with no bubbles or air ..
I shook 2217 to remove air if trapped in pump head region, well no success
2) reopened 2217 checked impeller , shaft , bushes, all were good and clean
3) removed all media and sponges , kept the canister empty and retried to fire up the 2217, but still the same flow rate
4) opened again , checked impeller , magnet and impeller are moving together, I mean no problem of joint, yes impeller and magnet has little play, well that is by virtue of design.
5) removed all pipes , strainers , cleaned them thoroughly, now its confirmed that pipe lines are clear, valves are clear and working properly, filter sponges are clear and media too. return spray bar is clear. its diy long spry bar.
6) did confirm priming, attached garden hose direct to suction pipe(strainer) and waited till water started to flow through return spray bar. this eliminates chances of air trapped inside pump region of 2217.
now friends m in trouble. m loosing quality of water , dirt can be seen in water column,
well I will do partial water change tomorrow .
but what should I do to solve the problem.
thanks a ton
Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:56 pm Post subject: Re: eheim 2217 flow rate reduced problem
well my 2217 is not working well and m now worried for my fish.
will try to make diy top filter or canister, will not mind to try out sump method with siphon line system.
can you please suggest me good return pump with 4000 l/hr capacity .
well eheim is an option, can somebody put some light on jecod/ jebao dct4000 pump.
kindly suggest and please suggest a good seller as well.
thanks a ton
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You cannot download files in this forum