Posted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:30 pm Post subject: CO2 Setup Issue
I have newly setup pressurised CO2 system with these equipments-
1) 2KG Cylinder (bought from LFS, it's made up from fire-extinguisher cylinder)
2) Mufan dual-gauge regulator with built-in solenoid
3) ISTA 3-in-1 Ceramic Diffuser
The diffuser looks good as I am using it for past 2 months with DIY and another pressurised setup. I also periodically clean it with bleach.
I get nice CO2 mist through the diffuser at the rate of 1 bubble per 2 seconds.
However, whenever I shut down the solenoid, within couple of hours my CO2 pipe gets flattened like the air has been sucked out of it. Because of this, it takes lot of time (an hour or more) for CO2 to start from diffuser when I switch on the solenoid. Basically it has to inflate the pipe back. If I remove the pipe, it get inflated quickly and everything starts working after fitting it back.
[Trying to attach pics to give better idea of the setup and issue.]
I suspected some back-pressure from the diffuser or regulator and hence tried putting ISTA check value just before the diffuser. But it did not make any change.
Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:31 pm Post subject: Re: CO2 Setup Issue
Thanks nskumar for the response. I will definitely try this out.
Could you please shed some light on these points -
1) What is the root cause for this behaviour?
2) Why the built-in NRV in my diffuser or even the other NRV installation (which was around 1-2 inches above diffuser) did not solve the issue? Any specific reason it should be 3+ inches above the diffuser?
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You cannot download files in this forum