99. Guest
100. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 1,909
 Member(s): 0
 Total: 1,909

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 30,865

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - T5'S OR T8'S in Kolkata
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

T5'S OR T8'S in Kolkata
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> Lighting Equipment - General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vidul
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:40 pm Post subject: T5'S OR T8'S in Kolkata Reply with quote

Hi  all,
 Need  to  know  if  we  can  get  T5'S  OR   T8's  or  VHO's  in  Kolkata.
 Need  them  at  around  10000k  but  not  very  sure  if  the  intensity  is
 available  in  Tubes.
 VHO's  are  also  a  great  option  but  again,  no  idea  if  they  can  be  found  in  Kolkata.  
 Since  summers  are  bad  times  to  use  MH's  for  Marines.
 Cheers,
 Vidul
codename
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:02 pm Post subject: Re: T5'S OR T8'S in Kolkata Reply with quote

hi,  

vidul

T5's  r  really  good.  i  have  T5  tubes  in  my  office  marine  tank.if  you  ask  me  they  generate  less  heat  and  they  do  have  a  good  kelvin  rate  of  6500k  i  have  8no  f  t5  tubes  with  total  kelvin  -  52000k  and  philips  actinic  coral  grow  (blue)  -  2  no  -  40  watts  each.   just  have  a  look  at  LR  color.  will  post  few  more  new  snaps  of  my  liverock  just  see  those  vibrant  red  color'g   Thumb Up  Smile  .  And  the  bad  news  is  coral  have  start  to  grow  in  the  glass  it's  very  hard  for  me  to  remove  now   Sad  .

link

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/gallery2/v/User_Galleries/codename006/marine+tank/lemon+damsel.jpg.html

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/gallery2/v/User_Galleries/codename006/marine+tank/DSC00116.JPG.html

with  regards

sampath
DJ_Rocky
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:11 am Post subject: Re: T5'S OR T8'S in Kolkata Reply with quote

Vidul,

You  just  carry  on  with  your  new  MH,  I  will  be  getting  new  T8  tubes  within  a  week  or  10  days.

You  dont  have  worry  about  it,  it  will  be  my  responsibility  to  get  your  Aquarium  needs..  Thumb Up   Thumb Up
codename
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:22 am Post subject: Re: T5'S OR T8'S in Kolkata Reply with quote

vidul  get  hold  of  rocky  he  can  help  you  out  in  getting  things..  

with  regards

sampath
Deepak_Brid
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:08 am Post subject: Re: T5'S OR T8'S in Kolkata Reply with quote

Vidul  wrote  (View  Post):                
Need  to  know  if  we  can  get  T5'S  OR  Â T8's  or  VHO's  in  Kolkata.
 Need  them  at  around  10000k  but  not  very  sure  if  the  intensity  is
 available  in  Tubes.                

Hello  Vidul,

I  would  be  getting  the  T5  HO  fixtures  for  Aquariums.  I  can  ship  them  across  to  any  location,  in  India  for  now.  Just  let  me  your  specification  &  they  can  be  delivered  at  your  door  steep  customized  to  your  requirements.  The  Fixtures  will  initially  be  available  in  various  sizes  with  standard/default  set  of  lamps  in  the  8000K,  6500K  &  4000K  variants.

These  compete  with  any  International  brand  &  are  at  par  with  them,  in  terms  of  Quality,  Price  &  Warranty.  These  will  soon  be  orderable  with  me  once  the  product  is  launched  by  Early  April’07,  tentatively;  however  you  can  always  revert  back  for  enquiries  &  bookings.

As  these  are  from  an  Indian  manufacturer  you  need  not  worry  about  service  &  spares  availability.  Thumb Up  
Sibesh
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:27 am Post subject: Re: T5'S OR T8'S in Kolkata Reply with quote

I  got  2  osram  T5  3  months  back  for  my  planted  tank,  but  in  last  week,  I   saw  one  of  them  is  not  glowing  as  it  used  to  be.  It  takes  little  time  to  bright  up.  It  is  also  showing  some  red  colour  at  both  the  ends.  Any  body  has  any  experience  like  it  ?  I  already  talked  to  the  dealer,  let's  see  if  I  can  get  a  replacement.

Sibesh
Deepak_Brid
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:34 am Post subject: Re: T5'S OR T8'S in Kolkata Reply with quote

Sibesh  wrote  (View  Post):                
I  got  2  osram  T5  3  months  back  for  my  planted  tank,  but  in  last  week,  I  Â saw  one  of  them  is  not  glowing  as  it  used  to  be.  It  takes  little  time  to  bright  up.  It  is  also  showing  some  red  colour  at  both  the  ends.                  

Hello  Sibesh,

Can  you  let  me  know  the  specifications  of  both,  the  Ballast  &  the  T5  lamp?

brojo
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:06 am Post subject: Re: T5'S OR T8'S in Kolkata Reply with quote

Vidul
 T5  HO  (not  to  speak  of  VHO)  is  an  unheard  of  word  in  Poddar  Court,  Ezra  Street,  Pollock  Street  area.  I  spoke  to  Havell's  and  they  don't  have  it.  I  spoke  to  Philips  and  the  guy  had  no  clue  what  I  was  talking  about.  I  spoke  to  Osram  and  they  said  they  would  get  it  imported  if  I  bought  a  minimum  20.  But  even  then  they  would  get  just  the  tube.  The  ballast  will  have  to  be  procured  locally.  I  "tried"  to  speak  to  GE.  The  office  address  in  their  website  was  correct  about  four  years  ago  and  I  didn't  bother  to  try  to  locate  the  new  office.  
 So  this  is  the  scene.  
 You  will  get  lower  output  28w  T5s  readily,  but  I  am  sure  you  aren't  talking  about  them  for  your  marine  tank.  

I  am  waiting  for  Deepak  to  launch  his  lighting  products.  I  have  dealt  with  him  for  plants  and  the  experience  was  good.  Let's  keep  our  fingers  crossed.  
 Regards
 Sudipto
Deepak_Brid
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:24 am Post subject: Re: T5'S OR T8'S in Kolkata Reply with quote

brojo  wrote  (View  Post):                
I  am  waiting  for  Deepak  to  launch  his  lighting  products.  I  have  dealt  with  him  for  plants  and  the  experience  was  good.  Let's  keep  our  fingers  crossed.                  

Hi  Sudipto,

Let  me  correct,  I  would  be  the  dealer  for  the  product  &  not  the  manufacturer.

I’ve  my  own  fixtures  for  the  T8  lamps  â€“  all  custom  designed  &  built.  However,  the  new  products  that  I  will  be  a  dealer  for  are  Complete  T5  fixtures  specifically  for  Aquarium  use,  not  lamps  or  ECG  alone.  
DJ_Rocky
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:34 am Post subject: Re: T5'S OR T8'S in Kolkata Reply with quote

Deepak,

Whenever  these  will  be  available  with  you,  just  let  us  know  about  it..  Thumb Up  

Could  you  upload  some  pictures  of  your  T8  lamp  fixtures  &  pm  the  price.

Also  let  us  know  which  brand  of  T8  you  are  going  to  have  after  few  days..
rgg
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:35 am Post subject: Re: T5'S OR T8'S in Kolkata Reply with quote

Deepak,
   Can  you  specify   the  CRI  intensity  and  other  spectral  distribution.
 Also  can  you  PM  me  the  prices  of  the  Tubes  alone.

Regards
 Raghu
sandeepraghuvanshi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:33 am Post subject: Re: T5'S OR T8'S in Kolkata Reply with quote

Deepak
 Can  you  give  a  link  as  to  more  details  on  these  fittings,  and  if  possible  pm  me  the  costs  for  3X1.5X1.5  tank.
 Are  these  tubes  or  bulbs  and  how  can  they  fillted  to  canopies.
 Thanks
Rana
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:12 pm Post subject: Re: T5'S OR T8'S in Kolkata Reply with quote

Vidul

You  will  get  OSRAM  36  watt  T8  10000K  at  Kolkata.  I  recently  visited  Poddar  court  and  found  these  items  in  one  of  the  OSRAM  dealer.

Regarding  T5,  you  will  get  HE  tubes  of  28  watts  with  approx.  2700  lumens.  But  more  than  6000  K  ratings  are  not  available.

Regards

Rana
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DJ_Rocky
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:37 pm Post subject: Re: T5'S OR T8'S in Kolkata Reply with quote

Rana

Could  you  let  me  know  the  details  of  shop/dealer  who  deals  in  OSRAM  36  watt  T8  10000K  /  CORAL  BLUE  /  ACTNIC  BLUE  /  ANY  AQUARIUM  RELATED  LIGHTS  in  poddar  court..  Smile
amitava
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:48 pm Post subject: Re: T5'S OR T8'S in Kolkata Reply with quote

Hi  Vidul,Rocky,

Pls.  have  a  talk  to  CRESCENTLITE.  
 36,  ezra  street,  3rd  floor,kolkata  -  700001
 2235-9062/9125
 9730031458  /9730475215

Don't  tell  him  that  you  are  going  to  have  the  lights  for  aqua  use.  Ask  for  imported  OSRAM   T5   36  watt  &  55  watt  tubes.  (Above  6500K)

I  think  you  will  get  them.

regards
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  Lighting Equipment - General All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: