58. Guest
59. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 464
 Member(s): 16
 Total: 480

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 30,815

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - 4x2x2 tank sand - no plants
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

4x2x2 tank sand - no plants
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> Substrates, Rocks, Driftwood and Decorations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
heminamdar
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 12:32 am Post subject: 4x2x2 tank sand - no plants Reply with quote

could  you  recommend  which  sand/stones/gravel  I  should  use  in  a  new  4x2x2  tank.  I  like  white  sand  but  I  see  in  LFS  white  sand  that  has  become  too  dirty..  i  also  like  golden  sand/gravel.  could  you  recommend  which  i  shud  use  or  a  combination.  could  you  share  any  experience  with  white  sand.  i  am  going  to  use  eheim2217  filter  and  fishes  are  -  discus,  clown  loach,  elephant  nose,  corydoras  sterbi,  some  tetras.  looking  fwd  to  setup  tank  by  next  weekend.
 Thanks
heminamdar
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 12:35 am Post subject: Re: 4x2x2 tank sand - no plants Reply with quote

i  like  a  dessert  look..
DJ_Rocky
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 12:40 am Post subject: Re: 4x2x2 tank sand - no plants Reply with quote

Are  you  going  to  make  it  a  planted  or  fish  only  tank.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
surya_niki
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 12:53 am Post subject: Re: 4x2x2 tank sand - no plants Reply with quote

Hi  Hemin,

Not  sure  if  your  can  keep  discuss  with  elephant  nose.  As  for  as  I  know  they  both  are  to  be  kept  in  a  species  tank  which  will  bring  out  their  beauty.  Yes  you  can  add  loaches  and  cory's  along  with  Discuss  bu  not  sure  with  ele.nose

if  you  wanna  keep  discuss  go  in  for  planted  tank/BB  tank

Could  you  let  us  know  the  size  of  these  fish...Have  you  been  keeping  them  for  sometime  or  its  just  that  you  want  to  have  a  tank  with  these  species?

Regards,
 surya.
DJ_Rocky
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 1:04 am Post subject: Re: 4x2x2 tank sand - no plants Reply with quote

Yes...  agree  with  Surya.
 Elephant  Nose  are  semi  agressive  fish.  They  may  stress  your  discus.  Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
heminamdar
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 8:53 pm Post subject: Re: 4x2x2 tank sand - no plants Reply with quote

i  have  been  keeping  ele  nose  with  discus  for  last  6  mths  without  any  problem.  i  believe  ele  nose  are  aggressive  towards  other  ele  noses  but  it  is  a  good  community  fish.  i  have  1  big  turcoise  4  medium  blue  diamonds  1  small  turquoise  and  1  baby  brown.
surya_niki
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 10:49 pm Post subject: Re: 4x2x2 tank sand - no plants Reply with quote

Hi  Hemin,

Its  good  to  know  that  you  have  been  keeping  them  together  with  no  casualities.  One  thing  I  have  learnt  on  many  forums  is  that  what  works  for  one  shouldnt  necessarily  work  for  another.

Happy  fish  keeping.

Regards,
 surya
rgg
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 10:57 am Post subject: Re: 4x2x2 tank sand - no plants Reply with quote

Edited  out...  Did  not  see  the  subject  that  this  is  for  a  non  planted  tank.

For  non  planted  tank,  You  should  be  fine  with  any  gravel  that  does  not  turn  the  water  murky  and  does  not  leetch  silicates.

Raghu
DJ_Rocky
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 2:00 am Post subject: Re: 4x2x2 tank sand - no plants Reply with quote

Quote:                
Edited  out...  Did  not  see  the  subject  that  this  is  for  a  non  planted  tank.                

Knock  .....  Â Doh  .......  sorryyyy,  but  I  think  its  (no  plants)  written  later.  Correct  me  if  I  am  wrong.  Smile
heminamdar
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 2:24 am Post subject: Re: 4x2x2 tank sand - no plants Reply with quote

thanks,  i  like  white  fine  sand  (they  call  it  sugar  here)...  but  i  think  fish  poo  will  stand  out  on  it.  anyways  im  going  for  white  fine  sand  !   Thumbs Up
rohansd
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 11:13 am Post subject: Re: 4x2x2 tank sand - no plants Reply with quote

IME,
 Its  difficult  to  keep  white  sand  white  [Smile].
 What  kinda  sand  are  you  going  to  get  ?.  I  dont  get  this  name   'Sugar'.  [Smile]
heminamdar
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 8:43 pm Post subject: Re: 4x2x2 tank sand - no plants Reply with quote

is  it  hard  to  keep  white  sand  white  !!  i  want  to  siphon  everyday  !!!
heminamdar
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 8:43 pm Post subject: Re: 4x2x2 tank sand - no plants Reply with quote

is  it  hard  to  keep  white  sand  white  !!  i  dont  want  to  siphon  everyday  !!!
surya_niki
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 9:14 pm Post subject: Re: 4x2x2 tank sand - no plants Reply with quote

Hi  Heminamdar,

We  still  not  very  sure  of  the  setup  you  lookin  at.Reason  being,  its  always  better  to  keep  discuss  in  a  BB  tank  which  will  help  you  to  keep  their  surrounding  s  clean,  for  clowns  and  cory's  you  will  have  to  provide  them  with  shelter  to  hide  during  the  day  as  they  would  shy  away  with  the  presence  of  people.  Elephant  nose  are  as  delicate  as  discuss  so  not  sure  about  their  environment.

But  if  you  have  made  your  mind  on  sand  then  be  ready  to  vaccume  your  sand  daily  to  keep  it  clean  and  at  the  same  time  think  about  the  shelter  aspects  which  will  not  hurt  your  discuss  and  ele.nose.

Experts,  kindly  correct  me  if  i'm  wrong!

regards,
 Surya
krishanu
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:54 pm Post subject: Re: 4x2x2 tank sand - no plants Reply with quote

@heminamdar
 this  have  nothing  to  do  with  the  post  but  i  wouldnt  keep  the  elephant  nose  with  any  other  benthic  fish.  they  are  very  slow  and  picky  eaters  and  will  starve.
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  Substrates, Rocks, Driftwood and Decorations All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: