44. Guest
45. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 1,909
 Member(s): 0
 Total: 1,909

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 30,835

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - CO2 Regulators - Questions
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

CO2 Regulators - Questions
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> CO2 Equipment for Planted Aquaria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vyastk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:04 pm Post subject: CO2 Regulators - Questions Reply with quote

Which  are  the  best  brands  in  Co2  Regulators.Any  specific  brands  to  avoid?

What  is  the  advantage  in  using  a  double  stage  regulator  over  a  single  stage  regulator.

Vyas  T  K
trevor
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:24 pm Post subject: Re: CO2 Regulators - Questions Reply with quote

vyastk  wrote  (View  Post):                
Which  are  the  best  brands  in  Co2  Regulators.Any  specific  brands  to  avoid?
 Vyas  T  K                

Its  best  to  make  some  effort  and  go  to  the  market  where  they  sell  Industrial  supplies.  For  Bangalore  guys  it  is  SJP  road.

Some  enterprising  hobbyists  turned  commercial   (on  IAH)  have  re  branded  Chinese  products  under  their  own  cooked  up  name.  I  hope  you  get  my  drift.

Good  brands  are  Eagle  and  Limco.

Read  up  the  many  old  posts  on  Co2  regulators.
rgg
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:35 pm Post subject: Re: CO2 Regulators - Questions Reply with quote

Hi  Vyas,
   Compleatly  agree  with  Trevor  on  the  brands.  But  off  late  i  have  heard  and  have  had  issues  with  Eagle  regulators,  I  got  them  exchanged  twice  in  a  span  of  a  month,  Kashmir  brand  regulators  also  seem  to  be  good  and  have  better  and  precise  control  but  are  a  little  expensive  than  eagle,  Almas  at  SJP  road  sells  both  of  these.
   Double  stage  regulation  is  required  when  thge  cylinder  is  placed  way  off  the  tank  and  for  higher  precision  control.  Else  you  can  live  with  single  stage.

Raghu
issokayireloaded
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:35 pm Post subject: Re: CO2 Regulators - Questions Reply with quote

Are  most  of  the  regulators  available  out  there  single  stage  or  double  stage?  I  read  online  that  double  stage  are  more  reliable.  Do  any  of  the  long  term  users  out  there  have  any  suggestions  as  to  which  would  be  a  good  brand/type  to  buy.
 Thanks  in  advance...
rgg
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:49 pm Post subject: Re: CO2 Regulators - Questions Reply with quote

Hey!!!
   Of  course  double  stage  regulators  gives  you  a  very  high  precise  control...  But  are  significantly  expensive  at  least  3-4  times  that  of  the  normal  regulators  and  i  suppose  you  do  not  need  super  high  precision.  With  current  days  needle  valves  you  would  be  able  to  get  much  better  precision.  So  i  would  say  better  go  for  may  be  2  stage  needle  valave  and  a  normal  regulator..

I  would  go  with  Kashmir  or  Limco,  Some  how  lost  a  little  bit  of  confidence  with  Eagle  due  to  multiple  complatints  off  late,  May  be  a  one  off  case  but  yes  this  happened  to  me.

Raghu
trevor
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:53 pm Post subject: Re: CO2 Regulators - Questions Reply with quote

I  don't  think  there  is  anything  wrong  with  any  brand.  The  fault  lies  with  the  technical  skill  of  the  hobbyist.
 What  I  mentioned  is  the  cheapest  brands  in  the  market.  If  you  have  the  money  go  for  the  expensive  and  more  appealing  brands.
 And  go  for  a  two  stage  regulator.
 There  is  no  rocket  science  involved  in  the  manufacture.  All  brands  give  at  least  six  months  warranty.
 Once  your  cylinder  is  full  open  and  the  regulator  is  set  do  not  touch.
 Do  all  your  fiddling  and  experimental  controlling  with  the  needle  valve.
rgg
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:57 pm Post subject: Re: CO2 Regulators - Questions Reply with quote

Trevor,
   What  was  surprising  to  know  was  the  Eagle  brand  regulator's  leaked  at  2  places  at  the  bottom  in  not  just  one  but  on  two  regulators,  Despite  of  tighting  on  2  regulators  by  the  same  owner  the  leaks  persisted  and  hence  he  took  it  back  and  gave  me  a  new  one.  He  by  himself  accepted  that,  casue  of-late  he  also  heard  about  a  lot  of  complaints  with  them.

And  of-course  due  to  warrenty  the  guy  gave  me  a  replacement.

Raghu
rohansd
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:58 pm Post subject: Re: CO2 Regulators - Questions Reply with quote

issokayireloaded  wrote  (View  Post):                
Are  most  of  the  regulators  available  out  there  single  stage  or  double  stage?  I  read  online  that  double  stage  are  more  reliable.                  

Two  Stage  Regulators  also  help  in  avoiding  the  "dumping"  phenomenon.
 When  the  cylinder  runs  of  the  co2,  a  single  stage  regulator  dumps  in  the  left  over  co2  in  the  tank  at  one  go  which  could  be  fatal  for  your  fishes.
harshal
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:11 pm Post subject: Re: CO2 Regulators - Questions Reply with quote

hi

My  experiences  have  been  bad  with  Eagle  regulators,  Had  to  get  it  exchanges  a  few  times  before  i  got  one  that  worked  fine.  The  problem  is  that  with  this  brand  there  are  a  always  a  few  faulty  pieces  arround  so  if  you  decide  to  go  for  an  Eagle  regulator  please  make  sure  that  you  have  an  understanding  with  the  shop  keeper  of  an  exchange  in  case  of  any  issues.  Get  all  the  work  on  this  done  by  a  professional,  you  will  find  them  in  SJP  road.  
    The  other  option  is  to  contact  Deepak.Brid  he  has  some  good  regulators  with  him.  I  was  very  impressed  with  the  fine  control  he  has.

Hope  this  helps!

Regards
   Harshal
trevor
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:21 pm Post subject: Re: CO2 Regulators - Questions Reply with quote

Eagle  is  one  of  the  oldest  and  well  known  companies.  Like  all  well  known  brands  these  start  a  surge  of  duplicates.  So  it  could  be  a  fake.
 My  Eagle  is  running  for  eight  years  non  stop.
 And  Eagle  has  been  in  the  market  for  half  a  century.
issokayireloaded
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:06 pm Post subject: Re: CO2 Regulators - Questions Reply with quote

Does  anyone  know  where  I  can  pick  up  a  Limco  regulator?  it  seems  that  this  brand  is  quite  dependable.  Thanks..
vinven
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:09 pm Post subject: Re: CO2 Regulators - Questions Reply with quote

I  have  had  problems  with  regulators  ever  since  ive  been  buying  them........I  have  had  my  Eagle  regulator  exchanged  due  to  leakages  4  times...and  finally  i  decided  to  pay  double  the  price  and  buy  an  ESAB  and  that  had  the  same  problem  too...i  am  jinxed  with  CO2  regulators   Chuckle  Need  to  go  n  have  that  exchanged  sometime  soon  now  :-(  

-V!nay
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
trevor
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:03 pm Post subject: Re: CO2 Regulators - Questions Reply with quote

These  Co2  regulators  along  with  O2  regulators  are  used  in  the  thousands  of  workshops/factories  in  every  city  for  metal  cutting.
 These  workmen  may  not  have  a  good  opinion  of  computers  just  as  most  of  us  have  of  regulators.
 I  have  not  met  a  single  hobbyist  who  knew  how  to  operate  the  regulator  correctly  expect  Madan  and  some  hobbyists  like  Rufus  and  Nayak  who  own  factories.
 Its  like  my  cousin  who  went  through  life  driving  his  car  with  the  hand  brake  on.  ROFL
nature_lover
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:39 pm Post subject: Re: CO2 Regulators - Questions Reply with quote

I  have  had  a  leak  with  the  O2  regulators  from  Eagle.  Nozzle  not  shutting  off  completely.  The  shopkeeper  who  sold  it  said  that  they  are  bound  to  have  problems,  so  he  would  repair  it  if  I  had  a  leak.

I  haven't  checked  it  in  yet.
rgg
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:20 am Post subject: Re: CO2 Regulators - Questions Reply with quote

Trevor,
   I  did  open  up  one  of  the  regulator  with  a  bench  vice  which  was  leaking  with  the  help  of  the  attenders  at  Almas,  And  what  was  shoking  was  that  the  control  pin  inside  was  corroded.   I  even  questioned  him  as  to  how  can  a  branded  stuff  like  that  be  corroded  and  even  i  suspected  the  genuinity  of  the  regulator,  He  immediately  got  me  one  sealed  piece  from  one  of  the  distributors,  And  even  that  was  leaking  when  tested  and  even  that  had  a  corroded  pin.  And  we  checked  it  up  mutliple  times  tighting  with  ill  luck.
   What  that  guy  told  me  was  that  off  late  Eagle  regulators  which  use  to  be  trouble  free  earlier  has  more  problems  than  not.

Another  thing  is  we  hobbiests  are  not  blessed  with  tools  like  a  bench  vice  to  open  and  replace  the  inside  parts,  Which  is  a  piece  of  cake  for  industrial  users.

Raghu
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  CO2 Equipment for Planted Aquaria All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: