102. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 464
 Member(s): 16
 Total: 480

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 30,484

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - Self Introduction
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

Self Introduction
Goto page : 1, 2, 3 ... 92, 93, 94  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> New Members and Beginners
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Madan
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 7:58 pm Post subject: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hi  all,

Don't  you  think  it  would  be  very  nice  if  everyone  posted  a  brief  introduction  about  yourself.  Which  facet  of  the  hobby  interests  you  and  a  note  on  what  you  do.

Rather  than  all  of  us  being  just  a  faceless  nickname,  we  could  associate  each  other  with  this  brief  description.

Last edited by Madan on Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:16 pm; edited 3 times in total
Madan
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 8:05 pm Post subject:  Reply with quote

Let  me  kick  this  off  with  my  introduction.

I  am  Madan,  a  Marine  Engineer  by  Profession  and  I  am  interested  in  Planted  Aquaria.  I  have  been  in  this  hobby  for  the  past  7  years.

I  now  have  4  Planted  aquaria  with  pressurised  CO2  and  metal  halide  lighting.

I  am  interested  in  all  things  DIY  and  in  finding  cheap  but  highly  effective  alternatives  to  "Aquarium  Goods".  I  go  to  great  lengths  to  research  and  find  alternatives  available  from  other  fields  and  applications.

I  have  just  started  keeping  Killiefish.
beta
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 10:40 pm Post subject:  Reply with quote

Hi,
 This  is  Beta,  i'm  working  as  a  Media  Producer.  Been  in  the  hobby  for  the  past  15  years,  concentrating  on  cichlids  for  the  last  8  years.
 I  have  4  cement  tanks,  8  glass  tanks  and  a  pond.  
 I'm  always  looking  out  for  challenging  cichlids  to  breed.  Hope  to  breed  all  the  etroplus  species  in  the  future.  Wish  me  luck!

Last edited by beta on Sat Feb 14, 2004 9:49 am; edited 1 time in total
nytyn
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 11:03 pm Post subject: NyTyN Reply with quote

I  am  Nitin,  and  I  do  Tech  Support  for  Compaq(now  HP).  I  am  into  hardware(computer  hardware).  I  am  from  Coimbatore,  but  now  live  in  Chennai  all  alone(and  damn  happy  to  be  that  way!!!)

Fish  have  always  been  there  at  home,  since  I  was  born,  but  I  have  been  into  serious  fish  keeping  only  for  the  past    Rolling Eyes    4  years.

I  am  into  Discus.  The  latest  news  is  that  the  planted  tank  frenzy  has  hit  me  too!!!

I  have  4  tanks.  One  is  a  planted  tank,  with  DIY  CO2,  and  Metal  Halide  lighting.

Another  is  a  tank  with  8  juvenile  discus,  that  are  now  around  2  to  3  inch  size.  I  got  them  the  size  of  a  50  pise  coin!!!

Then,  I  have  a  tank  with  my  prize  fish,  a  pair  of  Blue  Diamonds,  that  are  full  size.

I  also  have  a  small  holding  tank,  that  I  keep  my  juvenile  kribs,  which  I  am  growing  out.

I  have  yet  another  tank  where  I  am  raising  some  Riccia.  I  cant  get  this  into  the  main  planted  tank,  because  fish  seem  to  love  pulling  up  Riccia!!!

Thats  about  it!
retro_gk
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 7:49 am Post subject:  Reply with quote

I'm  Rahul,  am  a  student  (post  grad,  env.  science),  originalyy  from  Kerala,  temporarily  living  in  Patna.  Have  been  keeping  fish  for  about  15  years,  20  if  u  include  the  years  under  parental  supervision  :wink:    Primary  interest  cichlids  and  native  fish....also  just  about  everything  else.  most  of  my  fish  spawn  sooner  or  later,  but  too  lazy  to  raise  fry.  the  number  of  tanks  I  have  keep  fluctuating,  currently  6,  18X9  to  36X15,  plus  assorted  plasticware.
venket
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 3:06 pm Post subject:  Reply with quote

Hi  I  am  Venket,

working  for  a  software  company  as  network  administrator.  I  am  into  planted  tanks  and  cichlids.  Right  now  I  have  a  planted  tank  (tank  with  a  few  plants  to  be  precise...hehehe)  and  a  lake  mbuna  setup.  I  have  6  glass  tanks  ranging  from  100  gallons  to  35  gallons  and  5  cement  tanks.
aquadip2000
Moderator - Sponsor's Forum

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 11:09 pm Post subject:  Reply with quote

Hi  i  am  Adip,i  stay  in  bangalore  and  am  doing  my  final  year  of  engineering.  I  have  been  in  this  hobby  for  the  past  6years  .I  have  a  keen  interest  towards  all  animals  .  Razz  

I  love  to  get  fish  to  breed    so  have  about  24  aquariums  at  home.
 have  3  planted  aquariums  too.
 As  of  now  the  next  aim  is  to  breed  discus(the  king  of  aquarium  fishes)  Idea
beta
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 9:41 am Post subject:  Reply with quote

aquadip2000  wrote:                
Hi  i  am  Adip,i  stay  in  bangalore  and  am  doing  my  final  year  of  engineering.  I  have  been  in  this  hobby  for  the  past  6years  .I  have  a  keen  interest  towards  all  animals  .  Razz  

I  love  to  get  fish  to  breed    so  have  about  24  aquariums  at  home.
 have  3  planted  aquariums  too.
 As  of  now  the  next  aim  is  to  breed  discus(the  king  of  aquarium  fishes)  Idea                

GOOD  LUCK  Very Happy
Deepak_Brid
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 12:43 am Post subject: I, Me, Myself & My Plants Reply with quote

I  am  Deepak,  a  Network  Engineer  by  Profession.  My  inclination  is  more  towards  plants  than  fish,  First  thing  I  started  off  with  was  a  Echinodorus(Amazon)  &  then  got  a  fish  to  put  in    :lol:  .  I'm  unable  to  get  off  this  hook  thats  anchored  way  down  in  my  heart,  I  love  it    Cool.  Way  back  in  1994  

I  now  have  2  Planted  aquariums  running  on  pressurized  CO2  and  PLL  tubes.  Shortly  I'll  be  migrating  to  metal  halide  lighting.  

Most  of  the  stuff  that  I've  have  is  all  DIY.  I  like  to  customize  stuff  to  my  needs  rather  than  picking  it  off  the  shelves.  The  Canopies  &  control  panels  are  desinged  &  made  by  me.  I  like  to  experiment  with  stuff  that's  been  never  tried  earlier.

I'm  working  on  having  a  Species(Tetra's)  tank  with  Glosso  or  Monosolenium  tenerum.  Idea  

I  undertake  custom  orders  for  Aquariums,  Canopies  with    Lighting  options(Tubes  or  Metal  Halides),  Control  panels  for  Lighting  with  or  without  timer    &  pressurized  CO2  Installations.  I  even  have  plants  for  sale.

For  further  details  please  visit  http://www.geocities.com/deepakbrid//index.html

Regards
mirji
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 9:42 am Post subject:  Reply with quote

Hi,

I  am  Mr  Shashikant.  A.  Mirji  a  Chartered  Accountant  by  profession  from  Belgaum,  Karnataka.  I  just  love  Discus.  Right  now  I  have  about  80  fry  8  days  old  grazing  on  the  body  of  my  Blue  Diamond  pair.

Mirji
 Belgaum
scsriram
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 5:10 pm Post subject: Hi Reply with quote

Congratulations  to  you,  Mr.Mirji  .......

It  is  an  achievement  that  today  even  Indian  Discus  Hobbyists  too  have  started  to  breed  the  King  of  Fish,  the  Discus.  Hope  the  tribe  increase.

Sriram
 Bangalore
mirji
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 9:01 pm Post subject:  Reply with quote

Dear  Sriram,

Thanks  for  the  encouraging  words.  Infact  I  think  breeding  Discus  is  easier  if  the  water  parameters  are  correct.  Here  in  Belgaum  we  have  soft  water.  The  advantage  I  found  breeding  discus    is  that  I  do  not  have  to  worry  about  the  fry  food  since  they  graze  on  the  parents  body  initially  which  is  an  important  period.  Hence  i  do  not  have  to  worry  much  abour  the  fry  feeding  initially.  I  have  bred  angels,  gouramis,  fighters  and  live  bearers  in  the  past  but  to  me  breeding  Discus  and  angels  gave  me  much  satisfaction  because  of  the  fantastic  parental  behaviour    and  care  of  these  species  though  occasional  they  do  eat  the  fry..

Regards

Mirji
sundar
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 12:33 pm Post subject:  Reply with quote

Smile
 Hi  all

Basically  self  Managing  a  Clearing  and  Forwarding  Agency  Dealing  with
 Imports  and  Exports.

I  am   54  years  of  age,  am  Keeping  Aquarium  since  my  school
 days  and  Discontinued  after  posted  at  Madras  during  1978,again  started
 from  1983  and  No  knowledge  about  the  Science  involved  in  Manintaining
 a  Aquarium.I  was  introdused  to  Discus  by  my  Boss  ,in  the  year  1997,and
 started  collecting  all  Strains  of  this  beautifull  Fish  from  all  over  for  my  Boss.

I  started  keeping  Discus  for  my  self  also,kept  5  Tanks  with  only  Discus(You  can  view  My  Discus  on  Ask  Forum)  and  started  learning   Fish  keeping   effectively  and  found  easier  ways  in  Maintaining  the  Aquarium.  

My  Dream  was  always  to  Have  a  underwater  garden  and  that  dream  came  true  after  joining  IAH  and  started  one  with  the  help  of  Mr.Dinesh
 and  also  Satish.Have  Posted  My  Tank  Photos  on  the  Gallary.

It  is  a  3  1/4  x  1  1/2  x  2  Ft  with  Internal  Filter  and  a  Ext  Filter  during  Night
 only  and  CO  2  with  a  Diffuser.Lighting  is  150  W  MH  and  10  hrs  a  Day.Madans  PMDD  is  not  yet  used  as  the  Tank  is  blooming  with  Algae,  I  am  managing  the  same  by  removing  Manually  and  trying  to  controle  by  methods  discussed  on  this  forum  and  I  am  Hopefully  keeping  it  with  the
 help  of  this  Fantastic  Forum.

Regards/  Sundar

Last edited by sundar on Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:59 pm; edited 3 times in total
beta
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 1:36 pm Post subject:  Reply with quote

mirji  wrote:                
Hi,

I  am  Mr  Shashikant.  A.  Mirji  a  Chartered  Accountant  by  profession  from  Belgaum,  Karnataka.  I  just  love  Discus.  Right  now  I  have  about  80  fry  8  days  old  grazing  on  the  body  of  my  Blue  Diamond  pair.

Mirji
 Belgaum                

Great  to  know  that  ure  having  success  in  discus  breeding!  Keep  up  the  goodwork  and  welcome  to  IAH
beta
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 1:40 pm Post subject:  Reply with quote

sundar  wrote:                
Smile
 Hi  all

I  am  sundar  54  year  of  age,  am  Keeping  Aquarium  since  my  school
 days  and  Discontinued  after  posted  at  Madras  during  1978,again  started
 from  1983  and  No  knowledge  about  the  Science  involved  in  Manintaining
 a  Aquarium.I  was  introdused  to  Discus  by  my  Boss  ,in  the  year  1997,and
 started  collecting  all  Strains  of  this  beautifull  Fish  from  all  over  for  my  Boss.

I  started  keeping  Discuss  for  my  self  also,kept  5  Tanks  with  only  Discus    and  started  learing  about  Fish  keeping  and  found  easier  ways
 to  Maintain  aquariums.

My  Dream  was  always  to  Have  a  underwater  garden  and  that  dream  came  true  after  joining  IAH  and  started  one  with  the  help  of  Mr.Dinesh
 and  also  Satish.Have  Posted  My  Tank  Photos  on  the  Gallary.

It  is  a  3  1/4  x  1  1/2  x  2  Ft  with  Internal  Filter  and  a  Ext  Filter  during  Night
 only  and  CO  2  with  a  Diffuser.Lighting  is  150  W  MH  and  10  hrs  a  Day.Madans  PMDD  is  not  yet  used  as  the  Tank  is  blooming  with  Alga,I  am  managing  the  same  by  removing  Manually  and  trying  to  controll  all  the  methods  discussed  on  this  forum  and  I  am  Hopefully  keeping  it  with  the
 help  of  this  Fantastic  Forum.

bi  bi  Sundar                

Hi  Uncle,
 Your  tank  looks  good  after  adding  the  Metal  Halides  Very Happy
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  New Members and Beginners All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Goto page : 1, 2, 3 ... 92, 93, 94  Next
Page 1 of 94

Jump to: