76. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 464
 Member(s): 16
 Total: 480

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 30,813

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - Food for Goldfish
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

Food for Goldfish
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> Fish Food
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sandipan_ece
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:43 pm Post subject: Re: Food for Goldfish Reply with quote

Trevor  please  point  out  what  should  be  the  ideal  diet  of  goldfish?  and  how  to  prepare  it?!...
DJ_Rocky
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:47 pm Post subject: Re: Food for Goldfish Reply with quote

Look  out  in  IAH's  Fish  Food  forum..  There  are  few  fish  food  recipies  for  goldies  available.  Check  it  out.  Thumb Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
udhay
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:48 pm Post subject: Re: Food for Goldfish Reply with quote

Hi  friends,
                   my  goldies  are  happy  and  healthy,they  need  verity  foods  not  only  the  frozen  worms  and  live  foods  such  as  earthworms  and  black  worms  in  duecourse  goldies  will  be  a  sick  one  so  we  should  feed  live  foods  such  as  earthworms  and  black  worms  in  limited  amout  only  ie   three  times  in  a  week  and  also  the  frozen  foods,
                  But  you  can  feed  vegetables  daily  it  will  never  harmfull  to  our  goldies  instedof  live  foods  and  frozen  food,  goldies  will  get  vitamins  and  protein  more  from  vegetables  and  also  it  is  easy  digestable  one
                  while  feeding  vegitables  to  your  goldies,feed  them  fresh  vegetables  i  mean  dont  feed  chilled  one  ie  vegetables  which  are  preserved  in  refrigerator  those  chilled  vegetables  is  not  good  to  feed  our  goldies  
                  goldies  likes  to  eat  pumpkins  waste  very  much,

Reg:udhay
udhay
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:30 pm Post subject: Re: Food for Goldfish Reply with quote

Hi   Friends,
                            Iam  having  4  pairs  of   fantailed  gold  fish  and  one  black  moore  all  are  fine,  happy  and  healthy  ,  
                              I  feed   vegetables  more  then  nonveg  such  as  earthworms  and  frozen  foods  
       Its  not  good  I  think,that  daily  feeding  earth  worms  and  frozen  foods  ,in  duecourse   our  goldies  will  be  a  sick  one  they  need  verity  foods,  
                              Iam  feeding  the  pellets  in  morning  8.30  and  evening  6.30  
                               Afternoon  12.30  iam  feeding  vegetables   daily
      It  is  always  better  than  frozen  foods  and  live  foods  such  as  earthworms   and  black  worms  ,  the  goldies  will  get  more  vitamins  and  protein  from  vegetables,  while  comparing  with  the  black  worms,  earthworms  and  frozen  foods,
       It  is  also  easy  digestable  one,
 But  I  dint  forget  to  feed  the  above  said  non  veg  such  as  earthworms  and  black  worms  and  also  the  frozen  foods  ,  I  am  feeding  these  non  veg  to  my  goldies  two  times  in  a  week.on  that  days  I  wont  feed  vegetables  to  my  goldies.
               Then  one  main  thing  is  ,  while  feeding  vegetables  to  your  goldies  ,  feed  them  fresh  vegetables  I  mean  don’t  feed  them  chilled  vegetables  which  are  preserved  in  refrigerator,  it  is  not  good  for  goldies  health  ,  always  feed  them  fresh  vegetables  and  fruits  for  our  goldies  good  health,
                Goldies  like  to  eat  pumpkins  waste  very  much.
      Have  good  health  to  your  goldies

vyastk

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:51 pm Post subject: Re: Food for Goldfish Reply with quote

Used  to  feed  my  Goldfishes  kept  in  a  cement  Tank  in  Coimbatore   with  Termites(white  ants).  This  was  harvested  with  damp  wood/bark  kept  in  the  yard

They  were  also  supplemented  with  chicken  pieces  and  the  regular  pellets  from  LFS.  The  only  veg  food  was  the  hydrilla  that  was  growing  like  a  weed  in  the  pond

The  goldfishes  were  quite  healthy  and  also  spawned  a  few  times.

Vyas  T  K
sandeepraghuvanshi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:57 pm Post subject: Re: Food for Goldfish Reply with quote

BTW
 How  does  one  know  that  "fish  like  to  eat  this  food"  Very Happy  
 Goldfish  normally  eat  everthing  eatable  thrown  into  the  tank
trevor
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:31 pm Post subject: Re: Food for Goldfish Reply with quote

sandeepraghuvanshi  wrote  (View  Post):                
BTW
 How  does  one  know  that  "fish  like  to  eat  this  food"  Very Happy  
 Goldfish  normally  eat  everthing  eatable  thrown  into  the  tank                

Smile  Everyone  will  have  to  agree  with  your  accurate  post.
 A  post  by  Drithman  on  this  other  website  page  where  he  mentions  his  Goldfish  diet  when  hungry  will  give  everyone  enough  "food  for  thought".
 http://fishforum.freeforums.org/viewtopic.php?t=3&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30
udhay
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:56 pm Post subject: Re: Food for Goldfish Reply with quote

HI  Sandeep
                         you  are  correct,  Goldies  normaly  eat  everything  eatable  thrown  into  the  tank,but  they  wont  eat  the  eatables  which  are  so  hard  for  them  to  bite,  if  you  feed  pumpkins  pulp  it  wont  eat,  it  will  try  to  eat  but  it  cant  the  pulp  of  pumpkin  is  too  hard  to  bite  for  goldies  so  they  will  refuse  to  eat  that  pulp  and  that  pulp  will  deposit  on   bottom  of  the  tank  with  in  an  hour  it  will  become  decay  and  ultimately  the  decayed  pulp  will  spoil  the  water,
                        Not  only  the  pumpkins  pulp  but  all  other  eatable  things  which  are  too  hard  to  bite  for  goldies,
                        But   when  i  feed  pumpkins  third  layer  (ie  just  like  noodles  where  seeds  are  deposited)  my  goldies  are  eating  the  pumpkinn's  third  layer  with  in  few  seconds,  
                         Next  one  is  avoid  oily  substance  into  your  tank,it  will  spoil  your  tank's  water  quality  ,if  you  feed  chicken  and  mutton,  these  meat's  fat  contains  some  what  oily  substance  like  vanaspathy,  these  will  also  spoil  your  tank's  water  quality,

reg:udhay
sandipan_ece
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:39 pm Post subject: Re: Food for Goldfish Reply with quote

good  posting  by  udhay  Thumb Up
Hamza
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:08 am Post subject: Re: Food for Goldfish Reply with quote

My  granny  had  a  goldfish  in  an  10  gallon  tank  for  8  years,  which  was  fed  biscuits,  bread  and  rice,  in  the  end  it  died  due  to  nipping  from  giveaway  tiger  barbs.
udhay
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:04 am Post subject: Re: Food for Goldfish Reply with quote

Avoid  baking  foods  to  all  aquatic  pets,  the  first  main  thing  is  chemicals  are  very  harmfull  to  goldies  and  all  other  tropical  fish's  
         biscuits,  breads,cakes  and  all  other  baking  eatables  are  contained  baking  powder  its  not  good  for  our  health  then  how  is  it  good  for  our  pet  fish?  these  baking  powder  is  a  chemical  mixture.
   So  pls  avoid  baking  items  to  feed  our  goldies  as  wellas  to  all  other  pet  fish

sandeepraghuvanshi

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:27 am Post subject: Re: Food for Goldfish Reply with quote

A  particular  species  evolves  for  thousands  of  year  in  its  envoirnment.  All  systems  of  a  particular  species  are  tuned  to  their  envoirnment  and  their  digestive  systems  are  optimsed  to  things  they  can  get  in  their  natural  envoirnment.
 Terrestial  foods  are  NOT  suited  for  aquatic  creatures,  they  might  eat  it,  but  feeding  them  these  things  on  long  run  will  not  be  advisable.
 In  my  opinion  the  thumb  rule  before  feeding  any  fish  should  be  whether  it  will  get  this  food  in  its  natural  envoirnment  or  not.
 I  doubt  goldfish  will  ever  get  pumpkins  or  tomatos  in  their  natural  envoirnment.
 As  far  as  my  personal  preference  goes,  I  stick  to  commercially  prepared  food  for  fish,  with  occasional  blanched  soft  vegetables  like  lettuce  etc.  but  very  rarely.
 A  base  diet  of  pellets,  flakes,  of  different  brands  has  worked  for  me,  if  you  are  very  particular  go  in  for  costlier  brands  like  "Tetra"  etc.  they  are  good  diet  for  fish.
 Although  live  food  is  often  recommended,  but  I  don't  use  it  any  more  I  I  am  not  sure  of  its  quality.
udhay
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:15 pm Post subject: Re: Food for Goldfish Reply with quote

HI  sandeep
                     vegetables  is  always  better  than  the  live  foods  to  our  aquatic  creatures  feeding  vegetables  daily  it  will  not  maks  any  harmfull  to  aquatic  creatures,  but  while  feeding  these  live  foods  that  may  cause  some  decease  because  live  foods  such  as  blackworms  earthworms  they  may  have  some  decease  that  time  if  we  feed  them  to  our  pets  that  decease  will  effect  to  our  pets  also,  is  there  chance  for  it  ?  
                on  other  hand  if  you  feed  vegetables  they  will  get  optimum  level  of  proteins  and  vitamins  ,  sowhile  comparing  ,  we  can  feed  vegetables  more  than  the  live  foods,
             then  vitamin  capsules  thes  are  all  chemical  basis,frequent  use  of  chemicals  also  makes  harmfull  to  all  aquatic  creatures

sandipan_ece
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:28 pm Post subject: Caution.... Reply with quote

@  udhay  and  also  to  others...

Everyone  here  prefers  feeding  of  vegetables  to  their  fishes....!!
 its  good......i  too  feed  my  fishes  vegetables  occasionally........
 BUT  Shocked  
 Those  vegetables  that  we  feed  our  fishes  are  great  Indian  vegetables.....by  that  i  mean  to  say  that  in  India  farmers  tend  to  use  tooooo  much  amount  of  pesticides!!  Shocked  
 Yes  i  have  a  farm  house  in  a  village  and  i  have  seen  how  indiscriminately  pesticides  are  used.  I  will  give  you  a  small  example  which  i  say  fews  days  ago.  When  i  went  to  the  farming  ground  just  behind  our  farm  house,  i  saw  few  farmers  walking  around  with  bucket  full  of  some  liquid.  It  was  a  brinjal  cultivation  field.  At  a  first  glance  i  thought  they  must  be  watering  the  plants.  But  on  a  second  thought,  i  asked  myself  what  happened  to  the  irrigation  pumps?!  And  also  it  is  humanely  almost  impossible  for  the  farmers  to  irrigate  such  a  large  field  with  few  buckets  full  of  water.
 So  just  out  of  curiosity  i  went  up  to  the  men  working  and  had  a  look  in  to  their  buckets.....i  saw  coloured  water...   Shocked  
 I  asked  them  what  it  was  and  they  replied  it  is  POISON.  Which  basically  means  pesticide.  And  the  way  of  applying  it  was  even  more  shocking.  

How  were  they  Applying  it?  They  took  hold  of  each  mid  size  brinjal  and  gently  dipped  them  in  the  poison  bucket  without  tearing  it  from  the  plant!!!  On  asking  i  learnt  that  they  repeat  this  procedure  at  least  thrice  during  its  growth  period.  And  even  more  alarming  was  the  fact  that  they  do  this  to  other  vegetables  toooo......
   Shocked   Shocked   Shocked   Shocked   Shocked   Sad  

So  exercise  caution  and  boil  it  very  throughly  and  wash  the  vegetables  several  times  before  consuming  it  urself  or  giving  it  to  the  fishes....
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  Fish Food All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: