30. Guest
31. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 464
 Member(s): 16
 Total: 480

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 28,783

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - How to jump start your planted aquarium Part 1.
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

How to jump start your planted aquarium Part 1.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> Aquatic Plants and Planted Aquaria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vinay
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:52 pm Post subject: Re: How to jump start your planted aquarium Part 1. Reply with quote

Can  anybody  give  the  source  for  buying  a  CO2  cylinder  (  27  gallon  Tank)  in  Mumbai  with  all  accesories.  Can  I  get  IInd  hand?
Reddevil
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:04 pm Post subject: Re: How to jump start your planted aquarium Part 1. Reply with quote

For  second  hand  Co2  cylinders  in  Mumbai  try  Chor  bazaar.  For  a  new  one  try  any  of   the  large  hardware  shops  or  look  up  the  yellow  pages.  They  should  be  available  in  Mumbai.   Confused
vinay
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:35 pm Post subject: Re: How to jump start your planted aquarium Part 1. Reply with quote

thanks  a  lot  ,trevor
cokeamod
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:40 pm Post subject: Re: How to jump start your planted aquarium Part 1. Reply with quote

Vinay  go  to  sakinaka  signal  after  powai,  and  look  for  "Metro  gas"  supplier,  it  is  exactly  opposite  the  petrol  pump  near  the  signal.  His  rates  are  quite  competitive.  Or  pm  me,  i'll  detail  you  his  address.
 Better  stay  away  from  chor  bazaar.
 regards,
 amod
Maksa
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:17 pm Post subject: Re: How to jump start your planted aquarium Part 1. Reply with quote

really  cool  information  Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Da_vipin
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:23 pm Post subject: Re: How to jump start your planted aquarium Part 1. Reply with quote

Is  it  necessary  to  remove  internal  pipe  connected  to  master  valve  in  fire  extinguisher  cylinder?
 The  fire  extinguisher  company  i  contacted  is  not  ready  to  remove  the  internal  pipe.  They  are  saying  its  necessary  to  keep  it  in  its  place  for  refilling.  Please  reply..
Aquaholic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:56 pm Post subject: Re: How to jump start your planted aquarium Part 1. Reply with quote

I  am  using  a  2  KG  fire  extinguisher  cylinder  without  removing  the  internal  siphon  tube  for  my  2  ft  tank.

Cheers

Vince
psimhan
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:59 pm Post subject: Re: How to jump start your planted aquarium Part 1. Reply with quote

The  pipe  is  better  off  removed.  The  pipe  being  present  will  dump  liquid  CO2  into  your  tank  at  the  end  of  tank  dump.
 I  had  it  on  for  a  while  but  got  it  removed  the  last  time  around.
Da_vipin
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:14 am Post subject: Re: How to jump start your planted aquarium Part 1. Reply with quote

So  is  it  ok  to  use  it  for  the  time  being?  He  said  he  will  replace  it  at  next  refill....
 He  has  kept  it  refilled  at  his  shop  and  now  replacing  the  internal  pipe  will  need  to  waste  out  the  gas.  So  he  is  hesitant  to  do  it.  
 If  it  is  really  safe  [apart  from  the  dumping  effect]  then  i  think  i  will  bring  it  home  
 please  reply....  I  need  to  decide  soon.
psimhan
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:04 am Post subject: Re: How to jump start your planted aquarium Part 1. Reply with quote

It  could  be  dangerous  too.  Something  I  had  not  read  before.

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=9808&highlight=extinguisher
trevor
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:53 am Post subject: Re: How to jump start your planted aquarium Part 1. Reply with quote

No  big  deal.  Get  it  removed  the  next  time  you  go  for  a  refill.  You  refiller  will  do  it  for  free.
Da_vipin
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:17 pm Post subject: Re: How to jump start your planted aquarium Part 1. Reply with quote

Ok.  Thank  you  sirs,
 I  was  thinking  of  cancelling  the  deal.  I  will  buy  and  use  it  now,  and  remove  the  pipe  on  next  refill.
jesh2623
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:54 am Post subject: Re: How to jump start your planted aquarium Part 1. Reply with quote

Hi  Trevor  thats  an  excellent  post  i  have  quickly  saved  it  to  my  desktop.  This  is  a  catalyst  for  beginners  and  hope  to  see  more  and  more  tips  and  learning  from  your  experience.

I  think  you  really  love  to  teach  and  help  freshers.

Thanks  a  lot  and  even  Prem  KK  who  has  been  helping  me  from  a  long  time  to  know  things  better

Thanks  IAH  for  getting  all  like  minded  people  under  one  roof
vidhyasagar99
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:27 pm Post subject: Re: How to jump start your planted aquarium Part 1. Reply with quote

fantastic  trevor,  but  its  too  late  for  me  ,  i  wish  i  bought  the  co2  set  up  a  month  late,  but  anyway  trevor  its  good  for  all  of  us  to  know  thank  u
Asha
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:41 pm Post subject: Re: How to jump start your planted aquarium Part 1. Reply with quote

Trevor,
   Thank  you  for  explaining  the  CO2  conundrum  so  much  in  detail.  De-mysifying  the  whole  thing  is  important  for  amateurs  like  me.  It's  surprising  how  much  one  learns  as  you  go  along.  I  still  have  to  understand  every  small  factoid  but  the  best  tbhing  is  to  rad  it  all  over  again  and  again.  For  the  techn  challenged,it's  important  to  absorb  everything  as  slowly  as  possible
 Ashok
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  Aquatic Plants and Planted Aquaria All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: