172. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 464
 Member(s): 16
 Total: 480

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 30,755

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - Dwarf Cichlid
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

Dwarf Cichlid
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> Cichlids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Immortal_Psychosis
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:05 am Post subject: Dwarf Cichlid Reply with quote

Hey  hi  i  am  AK  here,  
 I  am  thinking  to  setup  one  Dwarf  cichlid  fishtank.  As  few  days  back  i  buyed  one  pair  of  Gold  Ramerezi  and  they  gave  eggs  and  which  made  me  to  think  to  make  Ramerezi  only  tank.  But  as  i  was  searching  on  their  habitat  i  came  across  soem  beautiful  Dwarf  Cichlids  and  they  are  really  beautiful.  So  I  wanted  to  ask  U  >>>

1.  Please  suggest  some  less  Agressive  Dwarf  Cichlids  which  i  can  keep  with  Gold  Rams.

2.  What  is  the  exact  Habitat  and  scape  for  Ramerezi  o  any  other  Dwarf  Cichlid.  I  got  frustrated  searching  on  their  Natural  habitat  but  i  did  not  find  any  Natural  Habitat  based  Scape  on  Dwarf  Cichlids.  [Sad]  I  only  saw  Dense  Planted  tank  with  Dwarf  Cichlids.  

3.Please  suggest  me  some  pics/links  of  their  Natural  habitat  if  u  have,  it  will  really  help  me  to  hardscape  the  natural  habitat.

-AK
Hamza
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:25 am Post subject: Re: Dwarf Cichlid Reply with quote

Whats  the  tank  size?  Moreover  I  suggest  you  to  go  for  blue/normal  rams  as  golden  and  veiltails  are  not  natural  occuring  varieties.
drsuresh
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:52 am Post subject: Re: Dwarf Cichlid Reply with quote

Most  of  the  cichlids  would  like  to  have  a  private  territory.  Hence  mixing  up  species  in  smaller  aquariums  would  often  invite  disputes.  If  you  want  to  experiment,  you  may  try  some  young  Orange  Chromides  or  the  regular  Angels.  Hope  the  experts  agree  on  this  possible  combination.
Madan
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:28 pm Post subject: Re: Dwarf Cichlid Reply with quote

If  you  want  to  breed  the  fish,  atleast  that's  what's  got  you  interested,  keep  only  the  breeding  pair  in  a  tank  of  their  own.

In  a  community  setup  the  fry  will  be  food  once  they  are  free  swimming,  especially  at  night  when  the  parents  cannot  take  good  care  of  them.
Immortal_Psychosis
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:46 pm Post subject: Re: Dwarf Cichlid Reply with quote

@Hamza
 Tank  size  is  24x15x15,  Light  i  s  36watts.  What  did  u  mean  by  Â natural  occuring  varieties.?  

@drsuresh
 Yellow  Chromides  are  beautiful  fish  but  i  want  to  keep  dwarf  cichlids  as  in  Apistogramma  varieties.  No  to  Angel  as  they  are  agressive  and  they  grow  big.  I  said  dwarf  Cichlids.  [Smile]

@Madan
 Yep!  I  was  thinking  to  do  same,  at  present  i  am  going  with  Blue  Rams  and  Gold  rams  single  pair.  Other  than  Rams  i  only  want  to  keep  other  species  of  Apistogramma.  And  if  I  will  buy  any  Apistogramma  then  i  will  buy  male/female.  So  at  breeding  time  i  shift  them  to  ma  breeding  tank.

And  everyone  thanx  for  your  reply.  CAn  u  people  upload  pics  of  Natural  Habitat  of  Dwarf  Cichlids.  And  please  read  ma  questions  before  replying.  Smile

O  else  if  any  one  has  links  abotu  Natural  habitat  then  please  upload  because  that  is  the  only  thing  which  can  help  me.

-AK
Karthick
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:20 pm Post subject: Re: Dwarf Cichlid Reply with quote

Hi  AK,

In  the  link  below  is  the  picture  of  an  A.Trifasciatum  which  belongs  to  Rahul.  He  seems  to  have  reproduced  its  natural  habitat  with  leaf  litter  and  plants....  Very Happy  

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=8620

I  suggest  you  get  about  1  male  and  2-3  females  of  any  one  species  and  let  them  pair  up  on  their  own.  Mixing  them  makes  your  chances  of  breeding  remote  IMO.  Further,  your  tank  isn't  big  enought  to  house  a  couple  of  different  species.  You  could  remove  the  unpaired  female  once  you  get  a  pair.

Google  the  following  and  do  a  bit  of  a  read  up.

1)  Nannacara  Anomala
 2)  Apistogramma  borelli
 3)  Apistogramma  aggasizi
 4)  Mikrogeophagus  atilspinosa
(Bolivian  Rams)

The  bolivian  ram  would  be  your  best  bet  if  you  are  beginning  with  dwarves.  

Good  luck...  Â Thumb Up  

...Karthick
Immortal_Psychosis
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:29 am Post subject: Re: Dwarf Cichlid Reply with quote

Hey  hi  kArthick,  

Phhhewww!

Atlast  u  did  send  me  the  proper  useful  information  what  i  needed.  Really  thanx  for  that.  I  saw  article  of  Rahul  before,  but  u  knwo  where  he  uploaded  pics  of  his  whole  tank?  I  wanted  to  see  the  whole  tank  of  his  with  the  natural  habitat.  Smile

Any  one  has  any  idea  where  i  can  get  apistogramma  Species?  In  Mumbai  /  India?  Mostly  i  am  thinking  to  go  with  Borelli  i  hope  Nautilus  gets  those  fishesh  for  me   Thumb Up  .  For  starting  i  am  keeping  only  Gold  Rams  with  Babies.  

-AK
psimhan
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:40 am Post subject: Re: Dwarf Cichlid Reply with quote

Mayur  has  a  couple  of  pairs  of  Apistos  for  sale  here  in  Bangalore..
 Very  hard  to  get  them  unless  you  bring  them  in  from  abroad.
Immortal_Psychosis
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:31 am Post subject: Re: Dwarf Cichlid Reply with quote

Which  Apistogramma's  he  has?
 How  to  contact  him?

Guys  i  got  a  beautiful  link  they  clicked  the  real  pics  of  shallow  blackwater  creeks.  Right  now  working  on  it,  woah  it  is  1  am  and  I  am  working  on  fish  tank   Very Happy.  Will  upload  pics  tomm  hopefully.  Smile.  Thinking  to  use  soem  round  stones  and  road  side  stones  and  make  a  stone  +  low  plant  setup  with  driftwood.

-AK....  Drinking
Immortal_Psychosis
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:00 am Post subject: Re: Dwarf Cichlid Reply with quote

Can  we  upload  the  pics  here  of  the  setup  we  are  making?  O  we  are  supposed  to  upload  pics  in  the  Aquascaping  section?  Cheer Up
psimhan
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:01 am Post subject: Re: Dwarf Cichlid Reply with quote

A.agassizii    and  A.cacatuoides
 His  IAH  id  is  mayurdev.

I  just  finished  working  on  the  tanks  myself.

You  can  upload  anywhere  you  want,  just  format  the  pics  for  a  forum.
 Oversized  pics  are  apain.
Immortal_Psychosis
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:30 am Post subject: Re: Dwarf Cichlid Reply with quote

Thanx  again  Smile.  Wow  IAH  members  are  really  helpful  Cheering  ,  i  neva  expected  to  get  so  many  replies  in  one  single  day  and  that  also  useful  ideas.  I  am  still  workign  on  stones  they  arer  great  pain  in  ass.

Can  you  suggest  some  plants  for  Black  Water?  I  am  right  now  thinking  to  use  only  Anubias  nana  nothing  else  in  mind.  Sad
Immortal_Psychosis
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:00 pm Post subject: Re: Dwarf Cichlid Reply with quote

Stones  Collected  from  Mother  Nature  :-

Pair  of  my  Gold  Rams:-

Last edited by Immortal_Psychosis on Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Immortal_Psychosis
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:11 pm Post subject: Re: Dwarf Cichlid Reply with quote

Guys  which  Leaf  litter  u  prefer?  I  am  mostly  goin  with  Almond  leaves.

Last edited by Immortal_Psychosis on Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
asimabdulhameed
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:17 pm Post subject: Re: Dwarf Cichlid Reply with quote

WoW  nice  Rams  AK  !!
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  Cichlids All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: