69. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 1,909
 Member(s): 0
 Total: 1,909

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 30,858

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - Self Introduction
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

Self Introduction
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 94, 95, 96  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> New Members and Beginners
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Karthick
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:33 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Welcome  to  IAH  Nithyanandan...Your  knowledge  on  Marine  species  will  undoubtedly  be  useful  to  our  marine  hobbyists.

Welcome  

...Karthick
kingfisher
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:12 am Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hi  All,
                Iam  Krishna  Raju  L.
 I  am  around  fishes  from  my  day  1.  And  more  serious  for  the  past  8  years.  
 Iam  more  interested  towards  african  cichlids.
 I  have  bred  many  cichlids.  My  current  breeding  is  with  Julidochromis  regani,  Marleri  and  albino  Brichardi.  I  have  a  3ft  planted  tank  and  a  Planted  Nano  tank  with  Cardinal  and  neon  tetra  and  12  cement  tanks.
 I  dream  is  put  up  a  discuss  hatchery  in  my  home  town.
saurabh_m
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 1:39 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hi!  Everybody,

I  am  a  graphic  designer  by  profession  and  living  at  Lucknow.  Fish  have  been  my  hobby  ever  since  I  remember.  When  I  was  2  years  old,  fish  used  to  come  in  our  compound  during  rainy  season  from  the  nearby  stream,  when  the  water  receded,  I  used  to  catch  the  fish  trapped  in  small  ponds  and  keep  them  in  buckets.  None  survived  but  the  hobby.  After  that  my  father  got  transferred  to  bihar.  Out  there  fish  merchants  sold  live  fish  for  eating  purpose,  which  also  I  used  to  purchase  in  10p  or  so  per  fish  and  keep  them  in  a  glass  jar.  That  too  did  not  last  long  due  to  little  knowledge.  However  when  I  reached  the  age  of  10,  I  was  shifted  to  Kanpur.  There  I  bought  6  Zebras  from  a  LFS.  Which  survived  and  I  made  my  first  aquarium  from  an  old  pickle  jar.
 Right  now  I  am  35  and  have  three  aquariums.  One  has  1  red  cap,  1  black  moor,  2  tiger  shark,  2  albino  tiger,  4  angels,  2  carps  and  2  zebras.  The  other  one  has  2  green  parrots,  2  gold  gouramis  and  a  rainbow  shark.  The  third  one  is  reserved  for  breeding  and  treatment  purpose.  Both  my  aquariums  are  well  planted  ones  (Or  so  I  think!   Confused  ).  
 My  son  who  is  5  your  old  now,  is  also  very  interested  in  fish.  He  knows  the  names  of  most  fishes  and  identifies  the  common  ailments  too.

Thats  it  about  me!
PSurya
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 12:46 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hi  Friends,I'm  from  Mumbai.  A  pharmacy  graduate  with  varied  interests.Nature,music,antiques,painting  &  sometimes  cooking  too.
   I  did  have  a  fresh  water  aquarium  about  30  years  back.  Spent  most  of  my  pocket  money  on  it.  I  have  always  been  fascinated  by  the  variety  of  colors  we  obsrve  in  nature...marine  fishes  being  at  the  top  of  the  list  with  its  innnumerable  permutations  &  combinations  of  colors.  Few  months  back  had  been  to  Singapore  &  thats  when  I  thought  about  having  an  aquarium  once  more.  Petsomania  gave  me  the  inspiration  to  possess  a  aquarium  of  marine  fishes.
Kaushik
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 2:56 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Dear  P  Surya  &  Saurav  M
 Welcome  to  IAH  Welcome  The  best  and  biggest  aquarium  portals  in  Asia.Share  your  experience  with  our  members.
 Regards
 Kaushik
RobinT
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 10:01 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hi,
       I  am  Robin,  a  s/w  engineer.  I  am  interested  in  planted  tanks.  I  have  two  glass  tanks,  and  a  large  number  of  containers  to  grow  plants....  I  also  maintain  two  'drums'  to  have  a  constant  supply  of  'brine  shrimp'  for  my  Discus  and  Angels

Robin  Toppo
 Bangalore.
oscarlover
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 1:07 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

hello  everybody,
 myself  sambit..m  from  orissa...now  searching  for  a  job  here  in  bangalore..
 i  have  a  small  tank  of  12  gallons  approx  semi  planted  with  gravel  with  3  oscars  and  1  plecos...  Smile
DJ_Rocky
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 1:31 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hi  Sambit,

Welcome  to  IAH.
 Please  go  through  our  various  thread  on  various  topics,  you  will  find  it  very  useful.  

Enjoy  you  stay!
 Hand  to  hand!
svasist
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 3:52 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hi,  
 I  am  Subhash  from  bangalore.  Fishes  have  been  my  first  love  its  been  25yrs  now.  I  started  off  with  guppies  from  my  grandma's  well  when  I  was  about  4yrs  old  Smile  and  never  stopped.By  the  time  I  was  in  college  I  got  myself  5  Big  Tanks  by  breeding  many  varieties  including  Angels,  malawi,  african  cichlids  and  bettas.  It  has  been  wonderful  studying  surprisingly  wonderful  charecters  these  fishes  display!  I  took  a  break  for  a  couple  of  years  maintaining  just  one  tank.  My  cousins  were  there  for  the  grabs...  Recently  made  my  self  a  big  tank  5'  x  1.5'  x  2.5',  I  have  a  dozen  red  tail  sharks.  I  am  looking  forward  to  do  something  interesting  with  the  tank...  Though  I  love  the  marine  beauties,  I  dont  want  to  go  marine  as  I  dont  intend  to  contribute  to  the  destruction  of  nature.

Cheers!
 Subhash
jeremy
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 6:52 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hi,

I  am  Jeremy,  an  enginering  student  from  mumbai.I  have  been  keeping  fishes  since  around  5  years.
 I  have  a  2  ft  tank  with  some  small  severum.I  plan  to  keep  a  planted  tank  or  a  discus  tank  in  the  future.
 So  currently  I  am  learning  and  gaining  valuble  knowledge  from  IAH  and  www.After  going  through  pics  in  IAh  I  am  also  fascinated  by  the  flowerhorn  fish.Good  quality  flowerhorn  are  hard  to  come  by  in  mumbai  though.
Deepak_Brid
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 7:16 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

It's  nice  to  have  folks  from  all  over  &  different  walks  of  life.
 â€˜MAY’  joines  welcome  to  IAH  &  enjoy  your  stay  here  Smile
WildOne
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 12:14 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hello  Fellow  Aquarists....

Myself  Arpit..based  at  Jamangar  Guajrat....

By  profession  I'm  Consultant  GIS  &  IT  and  Environment...

For  my  personal  introduction  to  say  the  least,  I  am  a  technocrat  trying  to  find  out  easier  and  smart  ways  to  get  away  from  the  "technology  world"  for  my  pursuits  in  wildlife.  It's  a  passion  and  sheer  poetry  for  my  soul.  I  am  most  fascinated  by  the  wonders  of  this  natural  world  and  every  moment  of  my  life  is  a  walk  in  exploration.  I  never  wait  for  any  opportunity  to  happen  but  have  always  endeavored  to  create  them  when  they  were  least  possible.  I'm  a  bit  techno  savvy  person...I  use  latest  technology  in  all  kind  of  stuff...  Sometime  become  moody....

Into  Aquarium  hobby  since  last  2  years....

But  earlier  done  work  on  Coral  as  well  as  Molluskan  Taxonomy..But  in  wild...In  Marine  National  Park  Gulf  of  Kutch,  Gujarat.

I  love  to  explore  wilderness  area  looking  for  all  living  creatures.....

Interested  in  freshwater  as  well  as  marine  aquarium  and  fishes...But  in  natural  way....Try  to  build  natural  habitat  for  the  all  aquarium  inhabitants....

Experienced  Wildlife  Researcher  and  Photographer..Some  other  designation  I  have  are.....Ameature  Paleontologist,  Conchologist,  Philatelist,  Limnologist,  Entomologist,  Marine  Biologist,  Ecologist,..in  short  good  friend...

Some  of  my  wildlife  work  and  photography....

http://flickr.com/photos/deomurari

http://indianaturewatch.net/view_cat.php?tag=Arpit+Deomurari

http://arpit.oiseaux.net/

http://www.waders.in

Orkut  Profile  http://www.orkut.com/Profile.aspx?uid=5764744292621157728

Wish  to  learn  and  exchange  ideas  on  this  beautiful  hobby....

Thanks,,,,and  Regards  to  everyone......
rohansd
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 12:35 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Arpit,
 Welcome  to  IAH  .
 I  remember  bumping  upon  your  Orkut  profile  some  time  ago  and  I  had  actually  thought  of  suggesting  you  to  join  this  site.  Smile
 Good  to  have  you  here.
 Looking  forward  towards  knowledge  sharing  by  you.
Kaushik
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 12:35 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Dear  Arpit
   Welcome   to  IAH  the   biggest  platform  for  Aquarist  in  India.  Share  your  experience  here  with  the  like  minded  people.
 Regards
 Kaushik
Madan
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 12:39 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hi  Arpit  welcome  to  IAH.

That's  a  very  impressive  collection  of  your  work.
 If  that's  just  a  sampler,  I  can't  wait  to  see  the  complete  collection.
 Enjoy  your  stay  here.
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  New Members and Beginners All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 94, 95, 96  Next
Page 22 of 96

Jump to: