59. Guest
60. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 1,006
 Member(s): 0
 Total: 1,006

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 30,837

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - Aquascaping of a 24x12x12 inch Tank
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

Aquascaping of a 24x12x12 inch Tank
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> Aquascaping
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DJ_Rocky
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:12 am Post subject: Aquascaping of a 24x12x12 inch Tank Reply with quote

Dear  Friends,

I  had  a  small  quarantine  tank  in  my  store  room,  now  about  a  month  back  my  brother  thought  to  make  it  a  NANO  planted,  so  he  poured  some  substrate  fertilizer  on  it  with  some  drift  wood  and  filled  up  with  water.

From  that  time  till  now,  Tank  is  plantless.
 I  am  planning  to  have  a  carpet  of  Echinodorous  Tennelus  with  some  Anubias,  Ferns  &  Moss  on  driftwood.

Details  :
 Tank  Size  :  24x12x12  inch
 Filteration  :  250  L/H  HOB,  Planning  to  replace  it  with  250  L/H  Internal  Power  Filter  (Spray  Bar  Unit)  which  can  used  with  DIY  CO2  unit  also.
 Substarte  Fertilizers  :  PRODAC  Fondovivo,  PRODAC  Humus  and  PRODAC  Humus  Plus  topped  with  Sand  Gravel  of  3-4  mm  size.
 Lights  :  15  watts  x  2  T8  of  6500  kelvin

Idea  Please  Â share  your  view  and  idea  to  make  it  worth!
 Note  :  The  rock  is  placed  for  temporary  basis  to  sink  down  the  wood.  Will  take  it  out  while  plantind!

Last edited by DJ_Rocky on Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DJ_Rocky
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:28 am Post subject: Re: Aquascaping of a NANO Reply with quote

A  quick  question  :  How  many  of  Ech  Tennelus  do  I  need  to  make  a  lushy  carpet  on  this?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Madan
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:54 am Post subject: Re: Aquascaping of a NANO Reply with quote

Rocky  24  x  12  x  12  size  tank  is  not  a  nano.

It  is  a  regular  tank  size.

You  need  to  go  less  than  1  Cubic  foot  in  size  to  qualify  for  a  nano  tank.
DJ_Rocky
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:08 am Post subject: Re: Aquascaping of a 24x12x12 inch Tank Reply with quote

It  feels  good  when  you  reply  to  any  thread.
 Thanks  for  the  information.  I  have  already  changed  the  subject.

Could  you  please  let  me  know,  How  many  of  Ech  Tennelus  do  I  need  to  make  a  lushy  carpet  on  this?
 Will  it  look  good  or  do  I  have  to  re-think  on  aquascape?
Hamza
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:05 pm Post subject: Re: Aquascaping of a 24x12x12 inch Tank Reply with quote

Rocky,  you've  got  to  fill  the  place  soon  or  else  it  will  be  raided  down  by  algae.  I  guess  you'll  need  to  start  with  25-30  tenellus,  they'll  grow  lush  and  cover  the  foreground  in  no  time  if  conditions  are  favorable.  Use  some  crypts  in  background.
Tirtha C
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:49 pm Post subject: Re: Aquascaping of a 24x12x12 inch Tank Reply with quote

Rocky  change  that  ugly  white  stone.  It's  killing  the  view.
Madan
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:57 pm Post subject: Re: Aquascaping of a 24x12x12 inch Tank Reply with quote

Calculate  4  Ech.  tellennus  at  the  corners  of  a  5  cm  square.  Do  that  for  the  whole  tank  and  you  know  what  you  need.
Anandaqu
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:05 pm Post subject: Re: Aquascaping of a 24x12x12 inch Tank Reply with quote

Rocky,

Without  high  lighting,  Ech.  Tenellus  tend  to  growh  higher,  rather  than  form  a  carpet.  Mine  are  now  5  inches  tall  even  though  I  have  almost  2  Watt  per  gallon.

For  an  area  of  roughtly  40  inch  (length)X  15  inch  -  I  planted  about  50  individual  plants  and  they  are  now  a  lush  green  carpet  (but  a  tall  carpet!)

I  have  DIY  Co2  and  found  that  growh  really  took  off  after  I  started  dry  dosing  potassium  suplhate  (about  1  table  spoon  on  water  change  in  a  80  gallon  tank)

hope  this  helps...

anand
Kaushik
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:15 pm Post subject: Re: Aquascaping of a 24x12x12 inch Tank Reply with quote

Dear  Rocky
 Please  remove  the  white  stone,  if  not  then  use  black  granite  which  will  certainly  enhance  the  beauty(Zen  Look).
 Regards
 Kaushik
Supra
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:26 pm Post subject: Re: Aquascaping of a 24x12x12 inch Tank Reply with quote

Hi  Rocky,

DJ_Rocky  wrote  (View  Post):                

Could  you  please  let  me  know,  How  many  of  Ech  Tennelus  do  I  need  to  make  a  lushy  carpet  on  this?

Buy  a  lot,  use  the  required  quantity  &  sell  the  rest.  Razz   

You  have  your  own  shop,  why  are  you  bothered  with  the  qty  ??  

Rgds
 Prabhu
DJ_Rocky
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:33 pm Post subject: Re: Aquascaping of a 24x12x12 inch Tank Reply with quote

@  Tirtha  and  Kaushik

DJ_Rocky  wrote  (View  Post):                
Note  :  The  rock  is  placed  for  temporary  basis  to  sink  down  the  wood.  Will  take  it  out  while  planting!                

To  all,
 Thanks  for  the  inputs!  Will  update  the  thread  with  new  pics  and  details,  soon.
rasikanayak

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:40 pm Post subject: Re: Aquascaping of a 24x12x12 inch Tank Reply with quote

Hi  Rocky,

You  cannot  make  a  neat  drawing  on  a  scribbled  sheet.

I  think  Tirtha  and  Kaushik  are  trying  to  tell  you  that.  If  you  remove  that  eyesore,  you  yourself  can  think  better  aquascaping  ideas.

Regards,
 Nayak.
Severumkid
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:40 pm Post subject: Re: Aquascaping of a 24x12x12 inch Tank Reply with quote

what  are  the  plants  that  you  are  planning?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DJ_Rocky
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:49 pm Post subject: Re: Aquascaping of a 24x12x12 inch Tank Reply with quote

Quote:                
You  cannot  make  a  neat  drawing  on  a  scribbled  sheet.  
 I  think  Tirtha  and  Kaushik  are  trying  to  tell  you  that.  If  you  remove  that  eyesore,  you  yourself  can  think  better  aquascaping  ideas.                  
Dont  worry,  Sir!  I  will  remove  it  by  this  weekend.  Let  the  wood  sink  completely.

Quote:                
what  are  the  plants  that  you  are  planning?                
I  am  planning  to  have  a  carpet  of  Echinodorous  Tennelus  with  some  Anubias,  Ferns  &  Moss  on  driftwood.

If  you  guys  have  any  better  idea,  I  am  looking  forward  to  get  your  view  and  idea  to  make  it  worth!
Tirtha C
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:37 pm Post subject: Re: Aquascaping of a 24x12x12 inch Tank Reply with quote

Rocky....  just  a  small  change  I  would  like  to  do  in  the  tank.  The  substrate  is  looking  really  Flat  and  it  is  another  nevetive  point  while  doing  the  aquascaping.  Please  try  to  raise  the  background  substrate  height  or  make  the  substrate  layer  uneven.
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  Aquascaping All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: