93. Guest
94. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 464
 Member(s): 16
 Total: 480

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 30,484

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - Introducing - The User Reputation System
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

Introducing - The User Reputation System
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> Site Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aquascapes
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:54 pm Post subject: Re: Introducing - The User Reputation System Reply with quote

Please  pardon  my  ignorance  but,  I  dont  see  any  stars  that  you  guys  are  talking  about   Sad  
 If  I  log  out  and  open  the  site  as  a  guest  I  can  see  the  stars  but  not  when  I  am  logged  in  why??
 One  more  thing  I  cant  see  the  IAH  logo  instead  I  can  see  only  the  Nuke  evolution  logo  please  clear  my  confusion
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kelidio
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:42 pm Post subject: Re: Introducing - The User Reputation System Reply with quote

This  is  a  very  good  initiative  to  keep  our  site  as  clean  as  possible  of  the  'not  so  necessary  posts'..  &  also  to  pull  in  some  good  posts  from  the  'knowledgeble  ones'...

Though  the  intent  is  obviously  to  serve  the  true  hobbyist,  it  sure  will  take  some  time  (trial  &  error  if  i  may  say)  to  come  up  with  the  apt  logic  that  is  required  for  maintaining  our  site  in  ideal  health.  
 Alike  our  fishes/plants,  this  sure  will  bring  out  the  right  colours  of  the  healthy  contributors  in  this  ecosystem...

I  believe  we  should  give  the  moderators/administrators  some  breathing  time  to  get  this  logic  &  code  right.

regards,
 Bhargav
ravi
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:07 pm Post subject: Re: Introducing - The User Reputation System Reply with quote

Hi  Nauzer,

aquascapes  wrote  (View  Post):                
Please  pardon  my  ignorance  but,  I  dont  see  any  stars  that  you  guys  are  talking  about  Â Sad  
 If  I  log  out  and  open  the  site  as  a  guest  I  can  see  the  stars  but  not  when  I  am  logged  in  why??
 One  more  thing  I  cant  see  the  IAH  logo  instead  I  can  see  only  the  Nuke  evolution  logo  please  clear  my  confusion                

Which  theme  are  you  using  ?  Try  default  theme  &  tell  if  you  can  see  the  starts.  And  the  logo  too.
Madan
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:51 pm Post subject: Re: Introducing - The User Reputation System Reply with quote

Tony,

If  you  know  how  this  works  you  will  agree  with  the  admins  and  not  want  it  to  be  revealed.  

No  system  is  fool  proof.

All  we  ask  is  for  a  bit  of  trust!

Very Happy
Madan
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:52 pm Post subject: Re: Introducing - The User Reputation System Reply with quote

Ravi,

The  rating  stars  are  not  visible  in  "Chromo".

I  somehow  missed  this  out.
dashingoan
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:54 pm Post subject: Re: Introducing - The User Reputation System Reply with quote

Quote:                
All  we  ask  is  for  a  bit  of  trust!  

Thumbs Up   i  trust  every  1  very  easily  Very Happy   thats  what  my  wife  always  says  to  me  
 I  do  trust  you  all  as  a  good  work  is  being  done.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Madan
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:21 pm Post subject: Re: Introducing - The User Reputation System Reply with quote

Hi  Guys,

Have  a  bit  of  patience  before  awarding  a  complete  newbie  negative  points.

A  few  pointers  may  be  a  good  beginning,  I'll  leave  the  wording  up  to  you.

Each  negative  point  will  take  a  normal  member  here  about  2  months  of  participation  to  get  rid  off  by  my  calculations  (I  may  be  wrong,  it's  a  guess).

It  is  very  harsh  if  we  members  start  awarding  newbies  negative  points,  and  please  restrict  them  to  1  for  starters  if  at  all  you  must  do  it,  unless  there  has  been  a  big  big  goof  up.  Even  in  case  of  a  big  goof  up,  multiple  members  will  award  negative  points  so  your  awarding  the  ONE  negative  points  will  anyway  get  compounded.

There  is  no  way  the  admins  can  undo  what  is  done  in  a  hurry.  The  system  does  not  permit  it.

As  for  long  time  members  do  what  you  like.  Very Happy
dashingoan
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:37 pm Post subject: Re: Introducing - The User Reputation System Reply with quote

Quote:                
Can  we  get  to  see  who  has  repped  us?  Its  seems  restricted  to  mods  and  admin  atm                

Is  it  possible  to  see  how  many  -ve  points  we  receive
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
deepesh
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:45 pm Post subject: Re: Introducing - The User Reputation System Reply with quote

Hi  Madan

You  have  touched  on  a  point  I  was  thinking  of.  One  post  can  result  in  multiple  negatives  no?  And  can  a  person  vote  negative  repeatedly  for  the  same  person?

deepesh
Madan
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:45 pm Post subject: Re: Introducing - The User Reputation System Reply with quote

Tony,  things  cannot  be  done  selectively.

Check  your  points  daily  and  see  if  they  have  increased  or  decreased  if  it  matters  all  that  much.
Madan
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:55 am Post subject: Re: Introducing - The User Reputation System Reply with quote

Deepesh  one  can  vote  repeatedly  -ve  for  the  same  person  after  a  time  delay.  But  he  votes  -ve  for  himself  too  in  case  he  does  this.

Admins  and  mods  step  in  here  and  handle  it,  there's  enough  people  around,  in  all  probability  reduce  the  guy  who  starts  this  to  below  zero  and  keep  him  there.  Very Happy
aquascapes
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:06 pm Post subject: Re: Introducing - The User Reputation System Reply with quote

ravi  wrote  (View  Post):                
Hi  Nauzer,
 Which  theme  are  you  using  ?  Try  default  theme  &  tell  if  you  can  see  the  starts.  And  the  logo  too.                

Hi  Ravi,
 yes  it  seems  to  be  working  in  the  default  theme  and  Madan  is  right  I  was  using  the  Chromo  theme  let  me  know  whenever  it  is  updated  as  I  really  miss  it   Smile  
 I  think  this  sounds  interesting  but,  I  will  take  some  time  to  really  start  using  the  system.  Looks  neat  though   Thumb Up  
 Keep  up  the  good  work!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Shankar
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:14 am Post subject: Re: Introducing - The User Reputation System Reply with quote

Requesting  all  the  members,  who  are  happy  to  donate  Rep  points  (+  or  -),  to  kindly  brief  up  the  reason  behind  the  generous  giving.  This  would  enable  the  one  at  the  receiving  end  to  say  'Thanks',  appropriately.     Smile
rasikanayak

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:39 am Post subject: Re: Introducing - The User Reputation System Reply with quote

I  agree  Shankar,  

A  Taurus  can  easily  squash  a  scorpion.  But  I  would  like  to  know  whether  I  was  right  or  wrong  genuinely.  Smile  

Regards,
 Nayak.
vraghu
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:48 am Post subject: Re: Introducing - The User Reputation System Reply with quote

Hello  Admins  ,

The  system  is  still  not  visible  in  Chromo  ...  

VRaghu.
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  Site Chatter All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: