Utricularia graminifolia
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ -> Aquatic Plants and Planted Aquaria

#1: Utricularia graminifolia Author: arvindshettyLocation: Mumbai PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:19 pm
    —
 I  want  to  know  is  Utricularia  graminifolia  available  in  India?
 What  are  the  requirements  of  this  plant?
 Did  any  one  tried  this  plant  ?  Can  you  share  your  expirences

#2: Re: Utricularia graminifolia Author: harshalLocation: Bangalore PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:30 pm
    —
 HI  Arvind

I  have  tried  this  plant  in  late  2006  or  early  2007......Got  it  from  tropica.  The  plant  requires  low  light  initially  and  then  normal  light  once  it  takes  off.  This  is  a  difficult  plant  to  keep,  I  wasn’t  successful  with  it.  I  think  the  plant  also  has  a  high  requirement  of  iron.  I  would  recomend  you  first  grow  this  plant  alone  in  the  aquarium  and  later  add  the  other  plants.

If  you  are  really  want  to  try  it  then  I  would  recomend  you  get  in  touch  with  Adip  to  source  it  for  you.  I  will  also  try  and  find  someone  who  has  this  plant  or  someone  who  can  get  it  for  you.

All  Tthe  Best!

#3: Re: Utricularia graminifolia Author: arvindshettyLocation: Mumbai PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:41 pm
    —
 mine  substrate  is  laterite  +gravels.
 Does  this  plant  requires  commercial  substrates.

#4: Re: Utricularia graminifolia Author: drugLocation: Kochi PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:46 pm
    —
 I  remember  one  of  Madan's  old  posts  mentioning  this.  May  be  he  can  shed  some  light  on  the  subject  once  he  gets  back

Madan  wrote  (View  Post):                
Bladderworts.  That's  the  US  name.  The  first  Utricularia  sp.  I  collected  was  lost  in  a  densely  planted  tank.  U  graminifolia  grew  with  great  difficulty.  Let's  see  how  this  one  does.                

#5: Re: Utricularia graminifolia Author: BhushanLocation: Houston,Texas PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:37 am
    —
 I  am  growing  UG  emersed  right  now  and  have  had  it  in  my  tanks  before.  IMO  It  requires  a  lot  of  light  and  good  CO2  when  growing  submerged  to  form  the  thick  foreground  carpet.  It  also  takes  a  quiet  long  time  to  take  off  once  it  is  planted.  This  is  true  for  both  submerged  and  emersed  growth.  I  had  used  Amazonia  II  for  both  submerged  and  emersed  .  This  seems  to  help  it  .  I  tried  growing  it  in  a  mixture  of  Sand  and  Amazonia  II  emersed  before  and  it  took  a  very  long  time  to  take  off.

Bhushan

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ -> Aquatic Plants and Planted Aquaria

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours

Page 1 of 1