Beach scape
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ -> Aquascaping

#1: Beach scape Author: josyjamesLocation: Bangalore-Ramamurthy Nagar PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 11:20 pm
    —
 Hi,

Converted  my  old  planted  tank  into  a  low  tech  planted  tank.

Specs:

Tank:  30"  L  x  18"  H  x  15"  W
 Light:  56Watts  T5
 CO2:  None
 Ferts:  None
 Filtration:  Dolphin  C1000
 Hard  scape:  Driftwood,  white  beach  sand,  black  stones
 Flora:  Varieties  of  Anubias  &  Needle  leaf  Java  fern

With  the  white  beach  sand

Will  update  more  pics  tomorrow...with  the  black  stones...

#2: Re: Beach scape Author: deepakgLocation: Mumbai/Bangalore. PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 11:32 pm
    —
 Good  start  Shelly.  Very Happy

#3: Re: Beach scape Author: yajurLocation: tamilnadu PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 12:23 am
    —
 one  word  awesome  

as  it  going  to  low  tech  cover  that  island  with  fern  and  anubias

#4: Re: Beach scape Author: HamzaLocation: Hyderabad PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 1:43 am
    —
 I  hope  you  dont  mind  me  saying  this,  I  am  being  quite  straightforward  here...

Its  pretty  much  the  same  monotonous  hardscape  as  your  older  tank(or  I  rather  say  tanks).

Similar  wood,  same  positioning,  just  the  white  sand  replaces  soil.  Put  in  some  creativity  mate.  Try  something  new  for  the  sake  of  it.

#5: Re: Beach scape Author: nandyLocation: Bengaluru PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 2:42 am
    —
 good  start  Shelly  ..
 waiting  for  more  updates  ..

#6: Re: Beach scape Author: almanLocation: Thiruverkadu, Chennai PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 12:32 pm
    —
 Good  Start!!  Waiting  on  more  updates  and  surprises!!!

#7: Re: Beach scape Author: KunaLocation: Bangalore (Kudlu) PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 1:06 pm
    —
 Nice  one  shelly...where  is  the  black  stones????

#8: Re: Beach scape Author: parthapratim22Location: KOLKATA>HYDERABAD>DELHI PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 1:35 pm
    —
 Yes  Shelly  do  something  different,  you  have  that  vast  experience  to  bring  something  new,  and  we  are  waiting  for  that...

#9: Re: Beach scape Author: josyjamesLocation: Bangalore-Ramamurthy Nagar PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 1:42 pm
    —
 @  deepakg,  alman,  nandy

Thanks..  

yajur  wrote  (View  Post):                
one  word  awesome  

as  it  going  to  low  tech  cover  that  island  with  fern  and  anubias                

Yes  Yajur.  It  would  be  only  Anubias  and  Ferns  tank.

Hamza  wrote  (View  Post):                

I  hope  you  dont  mind  me  saying  this,  I  am  being  quite  straightforward  here...

Its  pretty  much  the  same  monotonous  hardscape  as  your  older  tank(or  I  rather  say  tanks).

Similar  wood,  same  positioning,  just  the  white  sand  replaces  soil.  Put  in  some  creativity  mate.  Try  something  new  for  the  sake  of  it.

I  admit  it  Hamza.  The  driftwood  is  the  same  one  which  I  have  used  in  all  my  scapes.  This  driftwood  is  with  me  for  more  than  3  years.  And  I  dont  have  any  other  option  to  place  the  driftwood  in  this  manner.  Since  the  drfitwood  is  lengthy,  I  can  either  place  it  at  right  or  left  hand  side  of  the  tank.  I  cannot  place  it  in  the  middle.  If  then,  I  would  have  to  cut  the  driftwood  which  I  do  not  want  too..

Definitely  I  would  try  to  do  some  modifications  to  the  scape.  The  current  scape  has  the  black  stones.  Would  soon  post  the  pics  of  them.

Kuna  wrote  (View  Post):                

Nice  one  shelly...where  is  the  black  stones????

Thanks.  I  would  soon  post  the  pics  with  the  black  stones.

parthapratim22  wrote  (View  Post):                

Yes  Shelly  do  something  different,  you  have  that  vast  experience  to  bring  something  new,  and  we  are  waiting  for  that...

Sure.  I  would  soon  post  the  pics  with  the  black  stones.  And  will  see  if  I  can  further  alter  the  driftwoods.

#10: Re: Beach scape Author: fahim6801Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 4:25 pm
    —
 nice  job  bro  waiting  for  more  pic  soon,  may  i  know  where  did  you  get  the  wood????

#11: Re: Beach scape Author: bmvbabLocation: Bangalore/Coimbatore PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 6:17 pm
    —
 Coming  up  well  Shelly  Smile

#12: Re: Beach scape Author: nanomaniaLocation: mumbai (south) PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 12:15 am
    —
 ferns  will  look  the  best.....  nice  setup.  where  u  got  the  sand  from?

#13: Re: Beach scape Author: josyjamesLocation: Bangalore-Ramamurthy Nagar PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 12:19 am
    —

fahim6801  wrote  (View  Post):                
nice  job  bro  waiting  for  more  pic  soon,  may  i  know  where  did  you  get  the  wood????                

Those  driftwoods  were  with  me  when  I  first  started  my  planted  tank  in  way  back  to  2008.  

bmvbab  wrote  (View  Post):                

Coming  up  well  Shelly  Smile

Thanks..

nanomania  wrote  (View  Post):                

ferns  will  look  the  best.....  nice  setup.  where  u  got  the  sand  from?

My  friend  got  it  from  Chennai  beach.   Smile

#14: Re: Beach scape Author: josyjamesLocation: Bangalore-Ramamurthy Nagar PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 12:22 am
    —
 Some  more  updates

The  driftwood  has  not  sunk  fully  (it  was  in  sun  for  more  than  a  month).  Hence  placed  the  stones  on  top.  Yet  to  arrange  the  stones.  Kept  them  temporarily.

Yet  to  add  ferns..

#15: Re: Beach scape Author: HamzaLocation: Hyderabad PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 10:01 am
    —
 Its  okay-ish,  but  still  I  insist  you  can  be  more  creative  with  it.  I  see  that  the  wood  is  a  multiple  pieces  tied  together.  You  can  maybe  split/break  them  apart  and  try  something  new  spreading  them  all  over  the  tank  instead  of  one  corner.

I  am  not  the  kind  of  person  to  go  with  the  crowd  and  just  blandly  appreciate  and  take  in  whats  going  on.  You  are  potentially  a  good  scaper,  and  I  am  quite  impressed  by  the  class  DIY  equipment  you  have  made  and  this  scape  doesnt  matches  all  that.  I  just  want  to  see  the  same  dedication  when  it  comes  to  aquascaping  too.  

Cheers

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ -> Aquascaping

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
Page 1 of 2