Hair grass without co2?
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ -> Aquatic Plants and Planted Aquaria

#1: Hair grass without co2? Author: KarthickJkLocation: Chennai, Tamilnadu PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:15 am
    —
 Hi  

I  planned  to  keep  nano  tank  30l  *  20b  *  25h  =  15  litre

Light  :  25watts  philips
    Co2   :  No
    Substrate  :  Contro  soil
    Fertilizer  :  Macros  and  micros

Plants  :  Planning  to  keep  only  Java  moss  and  hair  grass

Can  i  grow   Eleochris  parvula  (hair  grass)  without  co2?

Pls  give  some  advice..  I  dont  have  co2  facility....

#2: Re: Hair grass without co2? Author: zipperboyLocation: cox town, bangalore PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:27 am
    —
 i  have  grown  hair  grass  without  C02  ,  also  in  contro  soil,  it  will  take  some  time  to  start  off  with  runners  ,  but  once  it  starts  it  will  have  good  growth.  i  was  also  sometimes  dozing  that  tank  with  DIY  C02.  your  lights  needs  to  be  good  ,  but  not  heavy  else  you  will  end  up  with  Algae  issues  by  the  time  you  get  runners.

somehow  i  never  got  the  small  buds  on  top  of  the  hairgrass.  Sad  

Regards
 Asif

#3: Re: Hair grass without co2? Author: KarthickJkLocation: Chennai, Tamilnadu PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:29 am
    —
 Thanks  Asif....

Do  you  think  25  watts  is  less  for  15  litre  tank?
 Yo  mean  yeast  only  DIY  co2  right?  It  wont  make  algae  prob  in  tank?

#4: Re: Hair grass without co2? Author: zipperboyLocation: cox town, bangalore PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:37 am
    —
 thats  good  enough  ,  provided  u  have  a  reflector,depends  on  the  height  also  i  am  assuming  the  height  would  be  around  15  inch(ie  13  inch  with  water  ).
 yes  i  meant  DIY,  i  was  hardly  changing  the  yeast  which  lasts  max  5-6  days  in  my  case,  but  make  sure  if  u  use  DIY  that  u  dont  get  yeast  mixed  up  in  the  water  else  you  will  have  a  slimy  layer.

Thanks
 Asif

#5: Re: Hair grass without co2? Author: KarthickJkLocation: Chennai, Tamilnadu PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:07 pm
    —
 Thanks  a  lot  Asif  for  your  valuable  informations....

#6: Re: Hair grass without co2? Author: garothmaanLocation: Mumbai, Bharat (AKA...INDIA) PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:23 pm
    —
 Hi  zipper  boy,  could  you  please  guide  me  how  you  grew  hair  grass?  I  am  interested  in  its  theory.  Smile  thanks  in  advance.  Tank  size  36"L  X12"WX18H.  just  local  mud  2"  and  over  it  white  sand2"

#7: Re: Hair grass without co2? Author: menonabhishekLocation: HRBR, Bangalore PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:29 pm
    —
 I  was  never  successful  with  hair  grass  without  CO2.  Even  the  yeast  based  CO2  failed  for  me.

#8: Re: Hair grass without co2? Author: nanomaniaLocation: mumbai (south) PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:33 pm
    —
 well  if  u  grow  it  using  ada  with  5-6hrs  of  light  without  filter  or  co2,  it  will  grow....  read  the  article  on  google  planted  tank  without  co2  and  filter.

#9: Re: Hair grass without co2? Author: KarthickJkLocation: Chennai, Tamilnadu PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:42 pm
    —
 Hi  veeral
 Why  ADA  soil,   what  abt  the  contro  and  other  soils.....?

Thank  you

#10: Re: Hair grass without co2? Author: nanomaniaLocation: mumbai (south) PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:35 pm
    —
 never  used  contro  because  its  not  available  here

#11: Re: Hair grass without co2? Author: josyjamesLocation: Bangalore-Ramamurthy Nagar PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:42 pm
    —
 Quite  difficult  to  grow  them  without  Co2.  Will  have  to  wait  a  very  long  time  to  give  runners.  You  have  mentioned  about  dosing  ferts  and  not  using  Co2.  So  please  see  to  that  you  dose  in  less  that  you  dont  have  any  algae  growth.  Would  wait  for  the  pics  of  your  tank  and  the  stages  of  growth.

#12: Re: Hair grass without co2? Author: zipperboyLocation: cox town, bangalore PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:18 am
    —
 @garothmaan:  i  have  grown  hairgrass  successfully  (almost  without  C02)  in  contro  soil,  the  same  time  i  had  also  done  a  setup  of  laterite+cocopeat  .here  are  the  results  after  6  weeks

laterite  +cocopeat+river  sand  =  total  failure,  tank  height  18  inch  ,  hairgrass  had  BB  algae  on  them

contro  soil  =  got  many  runners  ,  healthy  looks  ,  but  no  buds  on  top,  tank  height  15  inch  .

above  without  Co2  since  that  time  i  was  using  only  DIY  co2  sometimes.

Also  would  like  to  mention  that  the  hairgrass  i  bought  from  LFS  had  red  soil  in  its  roots,  so  i  think  it  was  grown  in  laterite  ,  it  also  had  buds  (  so  i  also  tried  in  laterite  but  failed).

Regards
 Asif

#13: Re: Hair grass without co2? Author: garothmaanLocation: Mumbai, Bharat (AKA...INDIA) PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:54 am
    —
 In  laterite  and  common  mud,  it  take  a  very  long  time  to  grow  naturaly,  I  saw  once  on  TV  in  some  movie,  that  we  must  burry  human  hair  and  keep  it  covered  for  8  weeks  with  heavy  lighting,  and  we  can  get  dwarf  grass,  thoe  long  grass,  and  hair  grass.  Is  it  ture?  does  any  one  endorse  it?

#14: Re: Hair grass without co2? Author: elimoses3Location: agra PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:39 pm
    —

garothmaan  wrote  (View  Post):                
In  laterite  and  common  mud,  it  take  a  very  long  time  to  grow  naturaly,  I  saw  once  on  TV  in  some  movie,  that  we  must  burry  human  hair  and  keep  it  covered  for  8  weeks  with  heavy  lighting,  and  we  can  get  dwarf  grass,  thoe  long  grass,  and  hair  grass.  Is  it  ture?  does  any  one  endorse  it?                

WHAT  DID  I  JUST  READ  Surprised

#15: Re: Hair grass without co2? Author: Rajdeep_BanikLocation: Agartala, Tripura PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:53 pm
    —

garothmaan  wrote  (View  Post):                

ROFL   ROFL   ROFL   Chuckle   Chuckle   ROFL   ROFL   Nice  joke!!!   Clapping   Clapping   Clapping

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ -> Aquatic Plants and Planted Aquaria

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours

Page 1 of 1