MY 8 FEET TANK JOURNAL
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16, 17, 18  Next  :| |:
http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ -> Fishkeeping and Aquaristics

#46: Re: MY 8 FEET TANK JOURNAL Author: doc_siddhuLocation: Hyderabad PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:28 am
    —

vkv  wrote  (View  Post):                
Thats  huge.
 The  display  looks  very  nice.

But  why  all  the  bottled  water?
 Plants  will  do  well  with  hard  water.

Regards,
 Venkat                

thx  Smile  
 plants  will  only  be  anubias,  and  java  moss  or  fern  on  drift  wood  {more  to  be  added}.
 i  want  to  keep  geophagus,  uarus,  tetras  etc  mostly  SA  fish.
 so  the  soft  water  helps  and  the  water  would  be  clearer  i  guess

#47: Re: MY 8 FEET TANK JOURNAL Author: saikumarLocation: HYD-is-good PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:20 am
    —
 Where  in  Hyderabad  is  this  tank  happening?  would  really  want  to  see  it.
 Why  dont  you  lay  hands  on  Altums  instead  and  do  justice  to  the  height,  bottles  and  scale  of  this  establishment.  Thumb Up  

BTW  these  two  pictures  tell  all  the  story.

Started  in  day...  

doc_siddhu  wrote  (View  Post):                

still  not  completed  by  night...

#48: Re: MY 8 FEET TANK JOURNAL Author: sergiomirandaLocation: mahim, mumbai PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:12 pm
    —
 wow  dude  now  that's  a  huge  tank  man  Rock On   Rock On   Rock On   Rock On   Rock On  

waiting  to  see  the  full  setup  Thumb Up   Thumb Up   Thumb Up

#49: Re: MY 8 FEET TANK JOURNAL Author: doc_siddhuLocation: Hyderabad PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:05 pm
    —

saikumar  wrote  (View  Post):                
Where  in  Hyderabad  is  this  tank  happening?  would  really  want  to  see  it.
 Why  dont  you  lay  hands  on  Altums  instead  and  do  justice  to  the  height,  bottles  and  scale  of  this  establishment.  Thumb Up  

BTW  these  two  pictures  tell  all  the  story.

[/quote]

hehe.  yeah.  it  was  a  pain  in  the  a**  to  fill  it  up   Chuckle  
 we  had  to  lift  the  water  upto  30  feet  high   [tank  top  is  about  7.5'  high]
 a  9500  lit/hr  powerhead  we  had  wasnt  strong  enough.  so  had  to  use  a  big  iron  pump  used  at  home.  but  we  were  able  to  fill  it  in  1.5  hrs  i  guess

i  stay  in  bowenpally.
 a  fellow  hobbyist  is  always  welcome   Smile  

i  love  altums.  and  would  fit  the  biotope.  but  can  we  get  good  quality  long  fin  ones  around  here  and  will  they  be  fairly  hardy

#50: Re: MY 8 FEET TANK JOURNAL Author: saurabh_mLocation: Lucknow PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:06 pm
    —
 Good.  Would  you  mind  shifting  the  wood  from  centre.

#51: Re: MY 8 FEET TANK JOURNAL Author: doc_siddhuLocation: Hyderabad PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:32 pm
    —

saurabh_m  wrote  (View  Post):                
Good.  Would  you  mind  shifting  the  wood  from  centre.                

the  tank  setup  would  take  another  3  or  4  weeks  to  finish.  waiting  for  more  wood,  plants  n  other  stuff  to  arrive

#52: Re: MY 8 FEET TANK JOURNAL Author: saurabh_mLocation: Lucknow PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:41 am
    —
 Ok.  Few  queries  though.
 1.  The  tank  height  being  3.5',  how  do  plan  the  regular  cleanings  and  planting/trimming?
 2.  Is  the  staircase  just  above  the  tank?
 2.  In  the  shot  below,  there  seem  to  be  two  outlets  from  the  overflow  chamber,  why  so?

A  very  well  written  and  good  work  overall.  I've  been  out  of  IAH  for  a  few  years  though,  but  this  project  aroused  my  curiosity  back.  Smile   Best  of  Luck

#53: Re: MY 8 FEET TANK JOURNAL Author: doc_siddhuLocation: Hyderabad PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:05 am
    —

Ok.  Few  queries  though.
 1.  The  tank  height  being  3.5',  how  do  plan  the  regular  cleanings  and  planting/trimming?
 2.  Is  the  staircase  just  above  the  tank?
 2.  In  the  shot  below,  there  seem  to  be  two  outlets  from  the  overflow  chamber,  why  so?

A  very  well  written  and  good  work  overall.  I've  been  out  of  IAH  for  a  few  years  though,  but  this  project  aroused  my  curiosity  back.  Smile  ¬†Best  of  Luck                

thx   Smile  

1.  ideally  im  supposed  to  do  the  hardscaping  and  then  put  the  water  in.  but  its  been  more  than  2  months  since  this  project  started  and  i  couldnt  wait  anymore   Chuckle  
   well  to  do  anything  in  the  tank  i  have  to  climb  in  and  get  into  the  water  Smile  a  stool  or  ladder  would  b  enough
 2.  yeah.  the  staircase  is  above  the  left  half.  we  can  get  in  and  out  of  the  tank  from  it  but  now  i  would  be  dripping  water  all  over  the  place  
 3.  one  2  inch  for  drain  and  another  1.5  inch  for  return.

ill  post  the  details  of  the  plumbing  and  sump  soon.

#54: Re: MY 8 FEET TANK JOURNAL Author: saurabh_mLocation: Lucknow PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:33 am
    —

well  to  do  anything  in  the  tank  i  have  to  climb  in  and  get  into  the  water  Smile  a  stool  or  ladder  would  b  enough

Well  you  should  buy  and  Underwater  breathing  apparatus  too  I  guess.  :D

.  one  2  inch  for  drain  and  another  1.5  inch  for  return.

What  do  you  mean.  Inlet  and  outlet  from  the  Overflow  chamber  itself.  It  would  end  up  filtering  just  the  chamber  water  only.  Leave  both  the  holes  for  outlet  and  take  a  seperate  pipe  from  the  sump  pump  to  the  tank  on  the  other  corner.

Last edited by saurabh_m on Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

#55: Re: MY 8 FEET TANK JOURNAL Author: doc_siddhuLocation: Hyderabad PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:26 pm
    —

What  do  you  mean.  Inlet  and  outlet  from  the  Overflow  chamber  itself.  It  would  end  up  filtering  just  the  chamber  water  only.  Leave  both  the  holes  for  outlet  and  take  a  seperate  pipe  from  the  sump  pump  to  the  tank  on  the  other  corner.                

that  is  an  old  pic  dude.   Doh  
 the  return  has  a  pipe  connected  to  it  leading  into  the  tank.  that  is  quite  obvious.

#56: Re: MY 8 FEET TANK JOURNAL Author: doc_siddhuLocation: Hyderabad PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:39 pm
    —
 the  electrical  work  is  all  done  ¬†Thumbs Up  

setup  refugium  in  one  sump  chamber.

have  to  add  more  plants.  only  half  added.

more  pics  soon

#57: Re: MY 8 FEET TANK JOURNAL Author: doc_siddhuLocation: Hyderabad PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:30 pm
    —
 hey  guyz
 need  some  help  in  stocking

looking  for  a  big  school  of  very  tightly  schooling  active  fish  that  would  look  best  in  my  tank  [8x3x3.5]   
 in  a  group  of  100  or  more.  other  fish  would  mostly  be  geophagus,  botia  loaches,  arulius  barbs,  uarus  and  maybe  angels.  

my  options  for  now  are  rummynose  tetra/  lemon  tetra.  im  not  strictly  sticking  to  any  biotope

#58: Re: MY 8 FEET TANK JOURNAL Author: saurabh_mLocation: Lucknow PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:21 pm
    —
 How  about  P.  Scalars  or  P.  Altums.  Would  definitely  look  good  in  tank  of  such  height.  Not  a  pretty  close  schooling  fish,  but  these  do  school.

Last edited by saurabh_m on Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

#59: Re: MY 8 FEET TANK JOURNAL Author: abhis9Location: Kolkata, West Bengal, India PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:46 am
    —
 Good  going  Siddhu.  Thumb Up

#60: Re: MY 8 FEET TANK JOURNAL Author: Sunny_2K_99Location: Mumbai PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:16 pm
    —
 More  Pics  Plzzz  Thumb Up

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ -> Fishkeeping and Aquaristics

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16, 17, 18  Next  :| |:
Page 4 of 18