63. Guest
64. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 464
 Member(s): 16
 Total: 480

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 30,639

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - And now, for something completely different...
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

And now, for something completely different...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
psimhan
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:10 pm Post subject: Re: Fish death every day Reply with quote

garothmaan  wrote  (View  Post):                

1)  remove  all  the  fishes  and  all  the  stones  and  UFG.  Put  the  fishes  in  a  bucket  and  start  the  air  pump  with  a  small  air  stone.

What  help  will  this  do  apart  from  prolonging  the  eventual  demise  of  his  fish?  
 After  cleaning  up  the  tank,  and  putting  in  the  fish  anew,  the  cycle  will  begin  again  and  the  fish  begin  to  pop.

Quote:                

2)  clean  the  tank  with  hot  water.  If  you  want  to  clean  it  with  soap,  use  "Godrej  Easee"  or  johnson  baby  shampoo".  clean  it  with  hot  water  again.  Now  your  tank  is  clean.

This  are  the  first  three  links  that  Google  give  me  for  "cleaning  aquarium  with  soap".
 I  suggest  you  look  at  them.
 http://freshaquarium.about.com/od/fishqa/f/faq0110.htm
 http://freshaquarium.about.com/od/maintenance/tp/cleaning.htm
 http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080622232446AAQwqW9

Quote:                

3)  buy  a  sponge  filter.  Put  the  UGF  &  sponge  filter,  put  the  stones(gravel)  back  and  fill  the  tank  with  only  half.  Put  2  spoons  of  epson  salt  and  3  lids  full  of  antichlorine  and  let  it  remain  like  that  for  5  hours.

What  help  is  this?  Resetting  the  tank  will  only  start  the  cycle  again.

Quote:                

4)  Meanwhile  play  with  your  fishes  in  the  bucket.

What  if  he  had  Piranha?  Would  that  advise  still  stand?
 Fish  don't  a  big  hand  out  of  the  sky  chasing  them  around  when  they  are  in  an  unfamiliar  bucket.  That  stresses  them  out  even  more.  

Quote:                

5)  After  5  hrs,  add  warm  water  to  fill  the  tank,  again  add  3  lids  full  of  antichlorine  (lid  of  antichlorine  bottle).

How  warm?  For  what?  
 Moving  fish  suddenly  to  a  different  temperature  would  stress  them  out  even  more  and  probably  kill  them.
 How  would  you  feel  if  you  were  suddenly  instantaneously  dropped  in  the  Arctic  region?

Quote:                

6)  Half  hour  later  start  putting  the  fishes  1  by  1.  After  you  have  put  the  fishes,  put  half  tablet  aspirin,  so  that  they  are  released  of  stress.  See  if  the  fishes  are  happy.  If  they  come  up  to  the  surface  of  the  water  to  breathe  then  they  are  still  stressed.  Add  another  half  aspirin.

You  can  add  all  the  aspirin  in  the  bottle  if  you  like  but  I  don't  see  any  use  there.
 Unless  you  can  provide  a  link  where  a  study  of  the  use  in  aspirin  in  aquariums  has  helped  fish  under  stress,  I  am  skeptical  on  this.  Just  to  give  you  the  benefit  of  the  doubt,  I  looked  for  uses  of  aspirin  in  the  aquarium  and  didn't  find  anything.

Quote:                

7)  Start  the  Air  pump.  see  if  the  fishes  are  comfortable.  If  the  fishes  are  OK,  then  the  non-combatible  fishes  will  start  fighting.  Return  them  to  the  LFS  and  buy  same  spieces  only.

This  is  absolutely  wrong.  
 1.  The  air  pump  or  filters  should  have  been  started  for  at  least  a  day  before  the  fish  go  in.
 What  do  you  see  first  when  you  set  up  a  new  tank?  
 Cloudy  water..  How  do  you  get  rid  of  it?
 2.  The  non-compatible  fish  would  already  be  dead  in  the  bucket  in  which  you  were  playing  with  them.

Quote:                

Cool  Do  not  feed  the  fishes  till  next  36  hours.  Check  if  the  water  becomes  slightly  greenish.  If  it  does,  put  freeze  dried  blood  worms....  very  little.

Nothing  too  wrong  here.  I  can't  see  how  you  see  green  water  but  whatever.

Quote:                

9)  This  process  will  start  your  tank  and  slowly  the  biological  filteration  will  start  also  in  a  few  days.

The  tank  cycle  starts  when  the  fish  pee  and  poo  in  the  water.  That's  the  ammonia  source  for  the  bb  to  grow  off  of.

Quote:                

10)  do  not  feed  too  much,  always  remove  25%  of  water  every  day  for  1  month.  

I  don't  do  this  but  then  I  have  3  fish  in  a  30  gallon.  

Quote:                

tell  me  then  how  did  it  work?                

Probably  not.

Although  I  am  afraid  we  will  probably  have  scared  Amit  off  by  now  due  to  this  rather  strong  discussion.

Garothman,  
 You  have  been  warned  gently  long  enough.
 You  have  been  keeping  fish  since  October  2007.  The  combined  experience  of  all  the  people  who  posted  after  you  trying  to  correct  is  probably  more  than  a  century.  
 I  am  not  posting  this  to  put  you  down  or  discourage  you.  Unless  you  can  back  up  your  claims  with  valid  data,  I  would  not  buy  any  of  it.
surya_niki
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:02 am Post subject: Re: Fish death every day Reply with quote

Hi  Garothmaan  ,

Most  of  the  members  who  keep  tanks  do  loose  fish  once  ina  way  and  nobody  would  go   ahead  doing  what  you  have  mentioned.

I  lost  few  fish  in  my  planted  tank  which  does  have  cory's  and  shrimps  in  it.  I  have  never  ever  done  any  thing  of  whatever  you  have  mentioned.  Reason:  FYI,  my  cleaner  crew  do  a  great  job  till  the  last  bit  of  the  dead  fish.  

Since  most  of  the  members  have  expressed  their  views  on  your  advice,I  just  have  one  thing  to  say  to  you......  All  of  us  are  still  leaners  and  this  is  the  best  place  to  do  so.  Hence,  kindly  understand  where  you  going  wrong  and  correct  yourself.

Learning  is  a  never  ending  process,  and  if  you  cant  then  you  would  never  be  able  to  preach  the  same.

Regards,
 Surya
garothmaan
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:40 am Post subject: Re: Fish death every day Reply with quote

Hi  all,

I  have  posted  what  I  have  done  and  what  I  have  experienced.  I  know  there  are  many  many  experts  here  and  lots  of  people  who  have  huge  amounts  of  knowledge.

But  this  particlar  post  is  for  Amit's  Tank,  as  mine  too  had  this  problem.  When  I  cleaned  the  whole  tank,  I  found  that  there  were  dead  fish's  parts  inside  the  Tank.  The  water  could  not  keep  clean  by  WC  25%  only.  

So  I  removed  everything  and  cleaned  the  whole  tank  with  hot  water  and  easee.  When  I  returned  the  fishes  back,  I  found  them  realy  happy.  Yes,  I  decreased  the  number  of  fishes  later,  as  guided  by  MAS  people,  later  I  also  enchanced  my  set  up  from  2ft  tank  to  5ft  tank.  I  am  also  a  begginer,  and  I  started  1yr  back,  I  have  not  said  that  I  am  an  expert  or  highly  experienced,  but  I  have  surely  posted  what  I  have  done  and  the  same  has  turned  out  very  succesfull  for  me.

On  this  forum,  I  have  found  people  who  have  left  loose  ends,  like  here  in  this  topic  "UNNINGA"  has  posted  his  comments,  but  has  not  clarified  how  its  not  advisable  to  use  or  deploy  the  medics.  People  have  doubts  but  they  are  themselves  not  sure,  if  the  doubt  is  worthy,  unless  they  have  tried  to  prove  if  the  idea  is  true  or  false....

But  "  KAUSHIK"  on  the  other  end  is  so  humble  and  broad  minded  to  ask  "where  the  Idea  was  found".  "  Cheer  "YOU  GIVE  ME  LOT  OF  ATTITUDE"  

Loosing  fishes  is  loosing  lives!         "LIVES".........  DO  YOU  UNDERSTAND  .............................."LIVES".......

HOW  WOULD  IT  FEEL  IF  OUR  CARE  TAKERS  WOULD  SAY  

"  I  HAD  A  FEW  PEOPLE  IN  MY  CARE  AND  ONCE  IN  A  WHILE  A  FEW  MEN  AND  WOMEN  DIE"   

"SURYA_NIKI"  love  your  pets,  it  realy  hurt,  when  my  fishes  died,  my  god  I  was  so  tensed  and  felt  realy  miserable  when  they  died....

[/i]
sandeepraghuvanshi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:24 pm Post subject: Re: Fish death every day Reply with quote

So  I  removed  everything  and  cleaned  the  whole  tank  with  hot  water  and  easee.  When  I  returned  the  fishes  back,  I  found  them  realy  happy.
 [/i]                

How  do  you  know  they  are  happy??.  Fishes  don't  smile,  or  crack  jokes.
 When  you  put  fishes  in  totally  new  tank  and  new  water,  they  get  stressed,  and  swin  frantically  here  &  there,  their  activity  is  due  to  stress  and  not  due  to  happiness.
 If  you  realy  want  a  tank  with  live  fishes,  do  as  follows,  this  is  just  a  repetation  of  what  has  been  said  on  a  this  forum  &  number  of  forums  worldwide.
 1.  Buy  a  glass  tank,  clean  it  with  hot  water  (NO  SOAP),  let  it  dry.
 2.  put  your  substrate  &  decorations,  fill  it  with  room  temp  water,  put  in  a  thermometer
 3.  Put  in  whatever  filter  you  are  buying  and  start  it,  let  this  set  up  run  for  at  least  1  one  day.
 4.  Buy  a  single  pair  of  fish  and  put  it  in  tank  to  start  cycling,  any  hardy  fish  will  do.
 5.  Â DO  NOT  ADD  ANY  FISH  FOR  AT  LEAST  10  DAYS.
 6.  Slowly  add  fishes  @  one  pair  a  week  to  your  stocking  levels.

This  is  simple  plan,  and  you  will  not  face  fish  death.
surya_niki
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:28 pm Post subject: Re: Fish death every day Reply with quote

Gorathmaan,

Thank  you  for  reminding  me  on  what  I  should  be  doing.  At  the  same  time  do  us  a  favour  by  learning  the  right  ways  to  keep  your  fish  happy  by  providing  the  right  environment.

As  I  mentioned  earlier,  if  you  are  not  open  to  feedback  and  learning  then  there  is  no  point  in  arguing.  

Regards,
 Surya
rasikanayak

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:05 pm Post subject: Re: Fish death every day Reply with quote

Hi  all,

I  am  posting  because  I  have  had  a  heavy  lunch  and  am  feeling  sleepy...

So  here  goes,

When  I  cleaned  the  whole  tank,  I  found  that  there  were  dead  fish's  parts  inside  the  Tank.   
 Loosing  fishes  is  loosing  lives!         "LIVES".........  DO  YOU  UNDERSTAND  .............................."LIVES".......                

Curious  how  a  person  who  loves  his  fishes  sooo  much  is  not  aware  that  his  fishes  have  died,  and  he  can  find  the  dead  fishes  only  after  they  have  decomposed  and  disintegrated.  

Quote:                
So  I  removed  everything  and  cleaned  the  whole  tank  with  hot  water  and  easee.   Yes,  I  decreased  the  number  of  fishes  later,  as  guided  by  MAS  people,  later  I  also  enchanced  my  set  up  from  2ft  tank  to  5ft  tank.  I  am  also  a  beginner                

Here  are  you  implying  that  MAS  was  in  agreement  with  your  hot  water  and  easee  soap  treatment?  Careful,  A  lot  of  MAS  members  are  here  on  IAH  too.  You  are  already  in  hot  water  on  IAH,  and  after  this  MAS  might  provide  the  easee  to  you  too!

Quote:                
When  I  returned  the  fishes  back,  I  found  them  realy  happy.  I  am  also  a  begginer                

I  need  your  help.  Here  I  was  thinking  all  these  years  that  the  fishes  were  happy  if  they  have  got  good  appetite,  good  color,  are  swimming  correctly,  not  hurting  each  other  and  were  spawning  and  it  took  me  at  least  1-2  weeks.  You  as  a  beginner  have  discovered  a  secret  on  how  to  tell  if  the  fishes  are  happy  or  not  by  just  looking  at  newly  released  fish  in  a  newly  set  up  tank.  Please  share  your  secret.

Quote:                
"UNNINGA"  has  posted  his  comments,  but  has  not  clarified  how  its  not  advisable  to  use  or  deploy  the  medics.                

In  advance  appreciation  of  your  above  requested  help  I  will  help  you  here.  Yesterday  when  questioning  my  3rd  grade  kid  in  general  science,  one  of  the  question  was  why  we  should  have  a  full  course  of  any  medicine  prescribed.
 My  kid  immediately  answered  back  saying  that  it  was  because  if  we  do  not  take  the  full  course,  if  some  bacteria  are  still  alive  they  will  be  drug  resistant.  And  when  these  bacterias  multiply  they  will  create  a  new  drug  resistant  strain  which  cannot  be  killed  using  the  existing  medicines.  Similarly  the  second  topic  was  not  to  take  any  medication  or  chemicals  if  you  have  not  diagnosed  the  ailment.  The  similar  statement  applies  to  fishes  as  well.  Unni  most  probably  thought  everybody  knew  what  a  third  grade  kid  knew  and  did  not  elaborate.  

Quote:                
HOW  WOULD  IT  FEEL  IF  OUR  CARE  TAKERS  WOULD  SAY  

"  I  HAD  A  FEW  PEOPLE  IN  MY  CARE  AND  ONCE  IN  A  WHILE  A  FEW  MEN  AND  WOMEN  DIE"     

Did  you  mean  care  takers  or  undertakers?  if  undertakers,  they  would  be  happy  that  they  got  business.  But  still  I  am  confused  how  a  pet  loving  person  like  you  could  allow  a  fish  to  decompose  and  disintegrate  in  his  aquarium.

So  that's  it  for  Garothmaan  from  Nayak  as  of  now.  Over  and  out.

See,  I  told  you  folks  I  had  time  in  my  hand  to  answer.

Regards,
 Nayak.
Kaushik
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:54 pm Post subject: Re: Fish death every day Reply with quote

Dear  all
 So  this  is  the  post  that  prompt  Debarghya  to  post  another  debatable  post.  Now  I  understand  the  logic  behind  Â that  post.Anyway,  as  I  said   before  that  Iah  is  so  mature  to  absorb  any  kind  of  shock  and  the  current  thread  itself  is  a  proof.
 Regards
 Kaushik
honey_moksh
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:34 pm Post subject: Re: Fish death every day Reply with quote

trevor  wrote  (View  Post):                
Tank  cleaning  ideas  -  Advising  the  newbie  Adviser.

http://www.mas.org.in/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=434&st=0&sk=t&sd=a                

rasikanayak  wrote  (View  Post):                

I  am  glad  Harpreeth  is  on  IAH  too  Smile  

Regards,
 Nayak.                

I  am  a  little  confused,  not  talking  about  "garothmaan"  and  his  ways  (I  and  am  sure  quite  a  few  from  MAS  tried,  though  all  in  vain)  but  are  we  referring  to  any  incorrect  advise  offered  on  MAS.

-  Sorry,  but  just  want  to  keep  things  very  clear  and  understand  our  mistakes  if  any,  to  ensure  we  and  everybody  else  stands  corrected…  after  all,  our  advices  do  affect  many  lives  through  our  hobby.

No  hard  feelings.

Last edited by honey_moksh on Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total
drug
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:01 pm Post subject: Re: Fish death every day Reply with quote

unninga  wrote  (View  Post):                

its  your  mindset  all  of  you.....check  this  websitehttp://www.pets-warehouse.com/Fishmed2.htm,  Â                 

Please  correct  the  link,  its  formatted  improperly.

I  was  able  to  see  the  page  after  editing  the  url  a  little.  Its  a  Petshops  opionion.  I  would  be  wary  of  taking  that  advice  at  face  value  without  cross  verifying  it  somewhere  else

Aspirin  is  an  Antiinflammatory  drug,  I  really  cant  see  how  it  would  relive  stress  which  can  be  caused  from  anything  from  the  water  chemistry  to  the  tankmates.                

@Garothmaan  

I  have  made  exactly  three  statements  in  my  post,  all  which  are  true  to  the  best  of  my  Knowledge

1,  The  link  is  still  (at  16:20Hrs  on  15  July  2008}  formatted  incorrectly,  clicking  it  gives  you  a  browser  error  message.

2,  I  would  be  wary  of  taking  a  commercial  entity's  assertion  as  the  basis  for  anything  regarding  health,  be  it  mine  or  my  pets.

3,  I  still  don't  see  how  aspirin  could  be  a  stress  reliever  {headache  reliever  yes,  stress  reliever  no}  Smile

I  see  no  loose  ends  there.  If  you  do  see  any  I  am  sorry;  they  are  my  opinions  you  don't  have  to  like  them  or  adopt  them.  But  I  still  feel  that  correcting  that  link  would  be  a  good  idea  {you  don't  have  to  do  it  if  you  don't  want  to,  its  still  your  post  Smile  }
rasikanayak

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:01 pm Post subject: Re: Fish death every day Reply with quote

No  Sir,  Not  at  all  Harpreeth.

Going  through  the  thread  from  MAS  that  Trevor  had  given  a  link,  I  am  really  glad  you  are  on  IAH  too.  Nobody  from  MAS  had  given  any  wrong  advice  to  garothmaan  in  that  topic  as  well.

What  I  was  referring  was  your  discipline  in  controlling  the  topic  from  drifting  away.  

What  I  replied  to  Garothmaan  in  my  previous  post  was  the  use  of  the  classical  decoy  by  him,

"give  a  factually  incorrect  statement  and  immediately  add  a  respectable  name  to  it  to  give  weight-age"

Example...

Quote:                
So  I  removed  everything  and  cleaned  the  whole  tank  with  hot  water  and  easee.  When  I  returned  the  fishes  back,  I  found  them  realy  happy.  Yes,  I  decreased  the  number  of  fishes  later,  as  guided  by  MAS  people,  later  I  also  enchanced  my  set  up  from  2ft  tank  to  5ft  tank.                

I  am  sure  MAS  would  have  guided  him  to  either  reduce  the  fish  load  or  upgrade  his  tank  capacity.  But  using  MAS  name  immediately  after  claiming  to  have  done  the  factually  incorrect  

Quote:                
cleaned  the  whole  tank  with  hot  water  and  easee                

This  was  what  I  was  referring  too.

Hope  this  clarifies,  Smile  

Regards,
 Nayak.
honey_moksh
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:49 pm Post subject: Re: Fish death every day Reply with quote

rasikanayak  wrote  (View  Post):                
No  Sir,  Not  at  all  Harpreeth.

Going  through  the  thread  from  MAS  that  Trevor  had  given  a  link,  I  am  really  glad  you  are  on  IAH  too.  Nobody  from  MAS  had  given  any  wrong  advice  to  garothmaan  in  that  topic  as  well.

What  I  was  referring  was  your  discipline  in  controlling  the  topic  from  drifting  away.  

What  I  replied  to  Garothmaan  in  my  previous  post  was  the  use  of  the  classical  decoy  by  him,

"give  a  factually  incorrect  statement  and  immediately  add  a  respectable  name  to  it  to  give  weight-age"

Example...

Quote:                
So  I  removed  everything  and  cleaned  the  whole  tank  with  hot  water  and  easee.  When  I  returned  the  fishes  back,  I  found  them  realy  happy.  Yes,  I  decreased  the  number  of  fishes  later,  as  guided  by  MAS  people,  later  I  also  enchanced  my  set  up  from  2ft  tank  to  5ft  tank.                

I  am  sure  MAS  would  have  guided  him  to  either  reduce  the  fish  load  or  upgrade  his  tank  capacity.  But  using  MAS  name  immediately  after  claiming  to  have  done  the  factually  incorrect  

Quote:                
cleaned  the  whole  tank  with  hot  water  and  easee                

This  was  what  I  was  referring  too.

Hope  this  clarifies,  Smile  

Regards,
 Nayak.                

Thank  you  for  clarifying  Sir!!!  Just  wanted  to  correct  myself  for  any  ill-advise  offered  by  me  Smile  

On  Mr  Garothmaan,  I  did  go  through  the  entire  thread  on  both  IAH  and  MAS,  and  am  suprised  with  the  amount  of  knowledge  gained  by  our  peer  with  just  9  months  of  so  know  as  experience  with  regards  to  keeping  fishes   Razz  

Garothmaan,  a  few  question..  How  old  are  you  and  what  do  you  do..

Guess  it  will  help  us  to  understand  you  better  Very Happy
Reddevil
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:09 pm Post subject: Re: Fish death every day Reply with quote

honey_moksh  wrote  (View  Post):                

Garothmaan,  a  few  question..  How  old  are  you  and  what  do  you  do..

Guess  it  will  help  us  to  understand  you  better  Very Happy                

Lay  off,  Guys.  My  friend  Garthomaan  is  41  years  old.  A  Parsi  called  Percy.  It  takes  time  to  understand  him.  Friends
retro_gk
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:47 pm Post subject: Re: Fish death every day Reply with quote

Very  interesting  method,  garothmaan.  I,  for  one,  strongly  believe  there  is  more  than  one  way  of  doing  things  and  would  love  to  replicate  your  experiments.  To  make  sure  I  do  everything  just  right,  I'd  like  a  few  clarifications  on  your  points  below.

Quote:                

2)  clean  the  tank  with  hot  water.  If  you  want  to  clean  it  with  soap,  use  "Godrej  Easee"  or  johnson  baby  shampoo".  clean  it  with  hot  water  again.  Now  your  tank  is  clean.                

How  hot  must  the  water  be?  Steaming?  Scalding?  Boiling?  Do  I  have  to  heat  it  over  a  stove  or  will  water  out  the  geyser  do?  

I  do  not  have  either  brand  of  detergent  at  home,  any  suitable  substitute?  How  about  bleach,  or  cleaning  acid?

Quote:                

3)  buy  a  sponge  filter.  Put  the  UGF  &  sponge  filter,  put  the  stones(gravel)  back  and  fill  the  tank  with  only  half.  Put  2  spoons  of  epson  salt  and  3  lids  full  of  antichlorine  and  let  it  remain  like  that  for  5  hours.                

Why  is  it  important  to  only  fill  the  tank  back  up  half  way?  What  size  spoon  for  the  salts?  Tea?  Table?  Dessert?  Should  I  run  the  sponge/UGF  filters  for  the  5  hour  period  or  do  I  just  let  them  sit  in  the  tank  to  soak?  If  the  latter,  why?

Quote:                
4)  Meanwhile  play  with  your  fishes  in  the  bucket.                

My  fish  bite  Sad  What  do  you  do  to  make  them  play?  I  might  sleep  with  teh  fishes  one  day,  but  that  is  still  some  way  away.

Quote:                
5)  After  5  hrs,  add  warm  water  to  fill  the  tank,  again  add  3  lids  full  of  antichlorine  (lid  of  antichlorine  bottle).                

So  this  water  must  be  warmer  than  the  previously  added  water?  How  much  warmer?

Quote:                
6)  Half  hour  later  start  putting  the  fishes  1  by  1.                

Do  I  have  to  pause  in  between  adding  individual  fish?  How  long?  What  if  I  add  them  in  pairs?  Most  of  my  fish  are  pairs  and  I  do  not  want  them  to  break  up.

Quote:                
After  you  have  put  the  fishes,  put  half  tablet  asprin,  so  that  they  are  released  of  stress.  See  if  the  fishes  are  happy.  If  they  come  up  to  the  surface  of  the  water  to  breathe  then  they  are  still  stressed.  Add  another  half  asprin.                

What  dose  aspirin  tablet?  Does  it  have  to  be  manufactured  by  Bayer  or  will  a  generic  equivalent  do?  Can  I  just  use  a  salicylic  acid  derivative?  Do  I  add  the  half  tablet  as-is  or  do  I  crush/dissolve  it  before  adding  to  the  tank?

Quote:                
7)  If  the  fishes  are  OK,  then  the  non-combatible  fishes  will  start  fighting.  Return  them  to  the  LFS  and  buy  same  spieces  only.                

Doesn't  non-combatible  mean  "not  likely  to  fight"?  I  am  confused.  My  English  is  not  that  good,  unfortunately.

Quote:                
Cool  Do  not  feed  the  fishes  till  next  36  hours.  Check  if  the  water  becomes  slightly  greenish.  If  it  does,  put  freeze  dried  blood  worms....  very  little.                

What  if  the  water  does  not  become  greenish?  Can  I  add  green  liquid  from  the  LFS  to  make  it  green?  What  can  I  use  instead  of  freeze  dried  blood  worms?  It  is  not  available  here.

Quote:                
9)  This  process  will  start  your  tank  and  slowly  the  biological  filteration  will  start  also  in  a  few  days.                

What  if  the  biological  filtration  does  not  start?  How  do  I  know  it  has  started?  

Quote:                
10)  do  not  feed  too  much,  always  remove  25%  of  water  every  day  for  1  month.                

But  my  fish  are  always  hungry!  How  much  water  do  I  change  after  one  month?

Quote:                
tell  me  then  how  did  it  work?                

I  will  definitely  tell  you  how  this  works  out  after  I'm  finished!  Smile
natbox
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:06 pm Post subject: Re: And now, for something completely different... Reply with quote

its  has  become  more  like  a  ego  problem  for  mr.garothman....  sorry  for  the  harsh  words  sir  but  thats  what  i  get  by  reading  your  posts....  just  because  you  feel  so  much  for  the  lives  of  your  pets  does  not  mean  that  we  IAHians  are  insensitive  sir....  
 i  feel  there  is  not  at  all  a  debate  here  because  the  experienced  aquarists  have  said  what  has  to  be  said...  accepting  the  truth  and  learning  from  it  is  the  best...  sorry  once  again  if  my  comments  hurt  you  sir..but  truth  does  hurt  sir...
Seetharam

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:07 pm Post subject: Re: And now, for something completely different... Reply with quote

I  must  say  this  is  turning  into  a  rather  humourous  thread  .....  Oh  and  i  really  miss  Madan  right  now.....i  cant  imagine  what  he  would  have  replied   Chuckle
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  Chit Chat All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: