19. Guest
20. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 464
 Member(s): 16
 Total: 480

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 28,741

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - CO2 cylinder: can we get a valve for it in India?
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

CO2 cylinder: can we get a valve for it in India?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> CO2 Equipment for Planted Aquaria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sibesh
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:10 am Post subject: CO2 cylinder: can we get a valve for it in India? Reply with quote

Hi  all,
 I  just  picked  up  a  255g  CO2  cylinder  from  Walmart.  It  is  empty  and  requires  a  valve.  Can  you  guys  please  tell  me  if  I  am  going  to  get  a  valve  compatible  to  it  ?  Please  note  it  has  a  pin  at  the  top.

http://picasaweb.google.com/sibesh.bhattacharya/CO2Cylinder?feat=directlink

I  will  return  it  if  the  valve  is  not  available  in  India.

Thanks  in  advance,
 Sibesh
Madan
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:16 am Post subject: Re: CO2 cylinder: can we get a valve for it in India? Reply with quote

Sibesh  it  is  impossible  to  tell,  but  then  if  you  are  resourceful  you  can  make  an  adapter  for  that  here.
Sibesh
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:27 am Post subject: Re: CO2 cylinder: can we get a valve for it in India? Reply with quote

The  cylinder  is  having  a  PIN  at  the  top,  so  we  need  something  like  a  normal  gas  regular  at  least  to  release  the  presure  and  get  the  CO2  out.  I  have  no  idea  if  we  have  anything  like  it  available  for  CO2  in  India.

I  know  we  can  get  an  adapter  made  for  it,  but  how  safe  it  would  be,  i  have  no  idea.  I  am  searching  on  the  net,  let'  see  if  I  can  get  any.  The  Cylinder  looks  to  be  a  very  good  one  !!!

Sibesh
Madan
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:31 am Post subject: Re: CO2 cylinder: can we get a valve for it in India? Reply with quote

The  cylinder  is  more  or  less  the  same  size  guys  use  here  for  a  soda  maker.
 The  threads  may  be  different.
 Many  enterprising  guys  in  Bangalore,  made  adapters  for  a  soda  maker  cylinder,  but  finally  discarded  the  cylinder  as  their  tanks  grew  in  number.
 My  CO2  supplier  manufactured  a  few  of  these  adapters.

But  then  all  said  the  threads  used  in  the  US  may  vary  with  ours  and  it  will  be  your  contacts  with  fabricators  that  will  help  you.
Preeths
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:28 pm Post subject: Re: CO2 cylinder: can we get a valve for it in India? Reply with quote

It  may  be  a  paint  ball  CO2  cylinder,  Look  up  some  US  Forums  for  getting  better  ideas...Aquariacentral  is  a  good  place  to  start...
Bhushan
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:31 pm Post subject: Re: CO2 cylinder: can we get a valve for it in India? Reply with quote

Sibesh,  I  think  with  "valve"  here  you  are  talking  about  is  a  regulator.  You  will  need  a  paintball  Co2  Regulator  like  this  Red  Sea  Paintball  Regulator  to  use  with  that  tank.  You  could  get  a  adapter  to  attach  to  the  tank  to  the  Co2  regulator  which  takes  CGA  320  valve  which  is  standard  on  the  Co2  cylinders  of  5lb  and  above  in  US.  But  to  get  a  regulator  for  this  tank  in  India  you  will  need  an  adapter  with  standard  US  (English)  threads  on  the  inlet  and  Metric  threads  on  the  outlet.  It  will  be  too  much  trouble  IMO.
 I  think  refilling  the  tank  in  India  will  also  be  a  hassle.

Bhushan
nash81
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:13 pm Post subject: Re: CO2 cylinder: can we get a valve for it in India? Reply with quote

Red  Sea  has  a  paintball  regulator.  These  are  exactly  the  same  as  Co2  cartridge  we  get  in  india.  I  have  got  these  modified  to  fit  a  regular  Co2  Valve.  Contact  some  of  the  Fire  Extinguisher  guys  in  bangalore  who  mfg  Co2  cartridges  and  they  should  be  able  to  get  an  adapter  for  you.

Alternately  if  you  are  still  in  US,  just  find  a  LFS  who  sells  the  red  sea  stuff.

Cheers
 Nirav
 Indiapetstore.com
Sibesh
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:49 pm Post subject: Re: CO2 cylinder: can we get a valve for it in India? Reply with quote

I  have  decided  to  return  it  after  going  through  lot  of  posts  in  different  forums.  It  would  a  bit  risky  to  use  it  with  modified  regulator  at  home  with  a  small  kid  around.  Rather  I  will  take  the  regular  cylinder+CO2  regulator  available  in  India.  Cost  wise  also  it  would  come  lower.

Anyway  thanks  everyone  !

Sibesh
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  CO2 Equipment for Planted Aquaria All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: