42. Guest
43. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 464
 Member(s): 16
 Total: 480

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 30,802

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - Monthly Chennai IAH Chapter Meet on 21-Jun-09
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

Monthly Chennai IAH Chapter Meet on 21-Jun-09
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prasoon
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:46 am Post subject: Monthly Chennai IAH Chapter Meet on 21-Jun-09 Reply with quote

Folks,

We  would  have  our  monthly  Chennai  IAH  Chapter  meet  this  Sunday  [21-Jun-09]  4:30  PM,  at  one  of  our  hobbyist  Mr.  Jude  Yuvaraj's  home  [IAH  ID:  Jude].  

Jude  is  into  natives  and  planted  tanks  -  and  also  have  a  beautiful  snake  visiting  his  pond.  Thanks  Jude  for  the  venue.  

Venue  Details
 1/877,  A  Venkateswara  Nagar  Main  Road,
 Plot  No:  23/24,
 Ganapathy  Nagar,
 Medavakkam,
 Chennai  -  600100

After  series  of  successful  trips  in  the  last  few  months,  the  agenda  for  this  meet  would  be  to  work  out  schedules  on  the  one  day  trip  for  July  and  the  long-trip  for  August.  

Apologize,  as  we  could  not  held  this  meet  on  2nd  Sunday  as  planned  as  most  of  our  members  came  back  on  that  day  after  the  Erode  trip.

Regards
 Prasoon
bettaji
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:32 pm Post subject: Re: Monthly Chennai IAH Chapter Meet on 21-Jun-09 Reply with quote

Hi  Prasoon  I  am  in  Smile
sgravi2k
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:02 pm Post subject: Re: Monthly Chennai IAH Chapter Meet on 21-Jun-09 Reply with quote

I  am  in  Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bala_Kavi
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:07 pm Post subject: Re: Monthly Chennai IAH Chapter Meet on 21-Jun-09 Reply with quote

Hi  Prasoon,

Count  me  in.  It  would  be  good  if  you  can  share  a  route  map,  either  via  email  or  post  it  here.

I  can  spare  some  Blyxa  Japonica  if  anyone  is  interested,  do  let  me  know  so  that  i  can  bring  them  for  the  meet.

Rajeshwaran:  I  hope  that  you  can  bring  the  half  beaks  that  you  promised  me  ages  ago...  no  excuses  this  time   Chuckle  

Thanks
 Bala
Prasoon
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:12 pm Post subject: Re: Monthly Chennai IAH Chapter Meet on 21-Jun-09 Reply with quote

This  is  our  last  meet  before  Aquatica.  Lets  discuss  on  the  travel  plans  for  the  same  during  this  meet.
 I  think  we  should  pull  up  Balaji  and  discuss  on  the  missing  tail  of  his  Puntius  assimilis?

Jude,  Can  you  please  post  a  google  map  on  the  location.

Regards
 Prasoon
mandragoran
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:19 pm Post subject: Re: Monthly Chennai IAH Chapter Meet on 21-Jun-09 Reply with quote

The  missing  tail  of  my  P.  assimilis  now.  Plus,  there's  one  more  missing-  he  informed  me  of  this  with  a  rather  smug  look  on  his  face.  Think  I  have  some  (cat)  fish  to  fry  at  his  place.   Whip  

On  a  serious  note,  I  am  in.  And  Bala:  Dibs  on  the  Blyxa!

Oh,  and  Ravi:  you  stay  in  Adyar  right?  Do  you  wanna  go  together?  Let  me  know  on  98410  49089.
Jude
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:32 pm Post subject: Re: Monthly Chennai IAH Chapter Meet on 21-Jun-09 Reply with quote

Hi  folks,  
      Looking  forward  to  meeting  you  all  at  my  residence.  here  is  the  route  map  to  my  place  Route  Map
 Driving  directions:
 1.  From  Velachery  Bus  terminus  (Vijay  nagar)  drive  towards  Tambaram  on  Vealchery  main  road  for  about  7-8  kms.  to  reach  medavakkam  Junction.  
 2.  Continue  to  drive  on  Velachery  main  road  towards  Tambaram  for  about  700  m  Looking  for  "Indian  Bank"  on  your  right.  
 3.  In  front  of  indian  Bank  you'll  see  a  break  in  the  median  -  cross  over  to  the  wrong  side  and  drive  for  about  10-30m  to  reach  a  small  commercial  complex  with  2  shops  in  it  -   Tamil  Nadu  Steels  and  Suxus  (Godrej  Furniture  Showroom).  
 4.  Turn  right  and  drive  into  VGP  pushpa  nagar  driving  past  the  play  groun  on  the  right  -  drive  on  till  the  end  of  the  road  ('T'  Junction).
 5.  at  the  'T'  junction,  take  the  following  sequence  of  turns  
             First  Left  ->  Immediate  Right  ->  Immediate  Left  ->  Immediate  right.  
 6.  Drive  on  this  road  driving  past  2  right  turns;  to  reach  our  house.  on  the  right.  

My  number  is:  9841080928  or  22770381.  

Regards  
 Jude
Demon
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:01 pm Post subject: Re: Monthly Chennai IAH Chapter Meet on 21-Jun-09 Reply with quote

Folks  ,  I  will  not  be  joining  this  meet.  Going  to  Mysore  this  weekend  :-)

Bala  ,  I  will  drop  in  your  place  next  weekend  with  the  Half-Beaks.  Will  be  meeting  a  friend  in  Valasaravakkam,  so  will  come  to  your  home  on  the  way.
sgravi2k
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:09 pm Post subject: Re: Monthly Chennai IAH Chapter Meet on 21-Jun-09 Reply with quote

Yes  Ashwin,  lets  go  together  Smile  Anyone  here  could  spare  stem  plants?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Prasoon
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:10 pm Post subject: Re: Monthly Chennai IAH Chapter Meet on 21-Jun-09 Reply with quote

Bala  -  Please  bring  my  nets  and  the  special  accessories  Thumb Up  \

Sai-  Will  bring  your  camera  and  charger

Abishek-  Will  bring  some  p.  bimaculatus  and  A.  Lineatus  for  your  tank

Regards
 Prasoon
mandragoran
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:54 pm Post subject: Re: Monthly Chennai IAH Chapter Meet on 21-Jun-09 Reply with quote

Hey  Prasoon,  if  you  have  any  killis  to  spare,  I  could  use  a  few  to  keep  my  solitary  panchax  company.
Prasoon
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:46 pm Post subject: Re: Monthly Chennai IAH Chapter Meet on 21-Jun-09 Reply with quote

The  ones  I  have  are  Juviniles.  Iam  sure  they  would  either  go  down  your  Killies  throat  or  the  tail  less  Assimilis  would  have  them  for  dinner.  Will  bring  few  for  you.

Regards
 Prasoon
maximus
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:06 pm Post subject: Re: Monthly Chennai IAH Chapter Meet on 21-Jun-09 Reply with quote

Count  me  in...

Prasoonda...this  week  I'm  not  going  to  miss  the  meet.Thanx  for  the  magnanimity  of  sharing  the  fishes.

ashwinda....Can  I  join  you  and  Ravida?I  don't  understand  even  a  bit  of  the  route.I'll  be  grateful  if  you  allow  me  to  do  so?
johnny
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:33 pm Post subject: Re: Monthly Chennai IAH Chapter Meet on 21-Jun-09 Reply with quote

Wow,  for  once  I  think  I  just  might  be  able  to  make  it!  Very Happy
 Jude,  the  Indian  Bank  landmark,  is  that  the  one  in  Rajakilpakkam?  or  are  you  talking  about  the  stretch  between  medavakkam  jn  and  madipakkam  koot  road?  The  link  to  map  wont  open  for  some  reason.
Jude
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:18 am Post subject: Re: Monthly Chennai IAH Chapter Meet on 21-Jun-09 Reply with quote

it  is  the  one  between  medavakkam  junction  and  the  koot  road.  Another  landmark  is  Hotel  sowmya  bhavan.  The  shops  (tamil  nadu  steels  and  Suxus  are  opposite  to  the  hotel).  
 Regards
 Jude.
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  Events All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: