22. Guest
23. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 464
 Member(s): 16
 Total: 480

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 28,777

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - Suitable Lighting for my 36 * 18 * 18 tank
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

Suitable Lighting for my 36 * 18 * 18 tank
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> Lighting for Planted Aquaria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vinodbv
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:25 pm Post subject: Suitable Lighting for my 36 * 18 * 18 tank Reply with quote

HI  All,

Suggest  the  suitable  lighting  combination  for  my  newly  built  tank  measuring  36  *  18  *  18  tank
 I  am  planning  to  have  a  planted  tank.   Also  suggest  the  fertilizers  to  be  used.
 How  about  using  the  Ocean  Free  products  such  as  Aqua  Soil,  base  fertilizers  and  root  monsters

Regards

Vinod  Kumar  BV
bmvbab
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:37 pm Post subject: Re: Suitable Lighting for my 36 * 18 * 18 tank Reply with quote

Hi  Vinod,

Welcome  to  IAH.  Please  update  your  location.  Helps  in  a  lot  of  ways.  Decide  on  the  following  before  deciding  on  lights.

1.  What  plants  do  you  want  to  go  for
 2.  Would  you  have  CO2-DIY  or  Pressurized
 3.  Whats  your  budget

The  above  would  help  you  narrow  down  on  your  other  parameters.
Vinodbv
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:56 pm Post subject: Re: Suitable Lighting for my 36 * 18 * 18 tank Reply with quote

Hi  Vignesh,

Planning  for  a  planted  tank.   My  budget  is  around  6  to  7  thousand  rupees.
 I  have  the  tank  ready.   Need  to  buy  the  rest.   Hence  wanting  suggestions  
 from  experts.

For  C02  to  start  with  will  go  for  DIY,  later  migrate  to  a  pressurised  one.

Kindly  Suggest
BoyuR
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:54 pm Post subject: Re: Suitable Lighting for my 36 * 18 * 18 tank Reply with quote

Hi,
      You  can  go  for  BOYU  Products.  for  your  3  feet  tank  model  no  is  PLB  90H  .  the  length  of  the  cover  is  900mm  and  it  has  55W*2  .  this  is  the  best  light  for  a  planted  aquarium.  and  you  can  go  for  2  of  this  light.  we  also  have  co2  accessories.  we  are  the  authorised  dealers  of  Boyu.  for  furhter  clarifications  visit  www.boyuaquarium.com

Regards,
 Ajay.j
 Boyu  Redlin  Aquarium
 Chennai
Vinodbv
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:28 pm Post subject: Re: Suitable Lighting for my 36 * 18 * 18 tank Reply with quote

Ajay,   Looks  to  be  a  cool  one.   what  about  the  price  .....?
borneosucker
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

Location: Sabah, Malaysia.....I'm located in North of Borneo Island

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:16 am Post subject: Re: Suitable Lighting for my 36 * 18 * 18 tank Reply with quote

Hi  Vinod,

Before  you  decide  in  the  lighting,  CO2  and  ferts.....decide  the  type  of  plants  you  wanna  grow.

There  are  plants  that  requires  high  lighting,  CO2  and  ferts  (we  categorized  as  high  tech  tank)

There  are  plants  that  can  grow  even  in  low  lighting,  without  CO2  and  ferts.  (categorized  as  semi-high  or  low  tech  tank)

And  either  both  types  of  tank  if  well  scape  can  produce  a  beautiful  tank.  

Also,  dun  forget  to  choose  the  suitable  inhibitants  that  are  going  to  live  in  your  planted  tank,  make  sure  that  the  inhibitants  can  live  in  the  type  of  water  parameters  your  plants  grow  Smile  

feel  free  to  check  out  my  blog  for  some  ideas  on  starting  a  planted  tank  Smile
 My  Little  Underwater  Eden

Have  fun  scaping  your  planted  tank  Very Happy
ajeesh
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 6:39 pm Post subject: Re: Suitable Lighting for my 36 * 18 * 18 tank Reply with quote

hey  borneosucker  can  you  give  details  about  your  tank.  the  tank  is  butiful.
borneosucker
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 7:02 pm Post subject: Re: Suitable Lighting for my 36 * 18 * 18 tank Reply with quote

Hey  ajeesh,  thanks  for  your  comment  Very Happy
 Hey  here's  the  stats  in  my  blog...
 http://borneosucker.blogspot.com/2009/07/glossostigma-elatinoides-and-dwarf.html

FYI,  I  have  tear  down  the  tank...and  rescape  Very Happy
ajeesh
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 7:28 pm Post subject: Re: Suitable Lighting for my 36 * 18 * 18 tank Reply with quote

unfortunately  can  check  the  blog  as  im  accessin  net  from  work.  hows  it  possible  to  get  the  glosso  carpet  ina  low  tecv  plant...its  just  amazingggggggg
borneosucker
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 7:47 pm Post subject: Re: Suitable Lighting for my 36 * 18 * 18 tank Reply with quote

Very Happy  the  only  low  tech  about  the  tank  is  the  substrate  and  DIY  CO2...lighting  is  at  around  4wpg...however  I  have  another  less  documented  tank  which  is  much  lower  tech  then  this  tank  growing  glosso  in  gravel  only  substrate,  2.7wpg,  sponge  filter,  irregular  DIY  CO2  injection....here's  the  tank

the  glosso  growing  in  the  foreground,  and  also  notice  the  sponge  filter  at  coner  right  of  the  image  Very Happy
gandhi
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 8:49 pm Post subject: Re: Suitable Lighting for my 36 * 18 * 18 tank Reply with quote

Hi  borneosucker,

Nice  Moss  growth  over  there,  Can  you  tell  me  what  is  the  current  temperature  of  your  tank.  Because  i  am  not  able  to  grow  as  cleaner  moss  as  yours  and  the  temp  of  my  tank  shows  around  30*  C.

Also  can  you  give  me  some  tips  to  grow  moss  like  this.

Thanks,
 Sandeep  Gandhi
ajeesh
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 9:06 pm Post subject: Re: Suitable Lighting for my 36 * 18 * 18 tank Reply with quote

wow......butttttiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiffffffullllllllllll  just  cant  take  my  evyes  away  from  the  tank....i  want  similar  glosso  carpet.  what  substrate  have  you  used....etc
borneosucker
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 9:30 pm Post subject: Re: Suitable Lighting for my 36 * 18 * 18 tank Reply with quote

Quote:                
Hi  borneosucker,

Nice  Moss  growth  over  there,  Can  you  tell  me  what  is  the  current  temperature  of  your  tank.  Because  i  am  not  able  to  grow  as  cleaner  moss  as  yours  and  the  temp  of  my  tank  shows  around  30*  C.

Also  can  you  give  me  some  tips  to  grow  moss  like  this.

Thanks,
 Sandeep  Gandhi                

Hi  Gandhi,  IMO  for  moss  to  grow  nice.....it's  all  about  temperature  Very Happy....for  moss  tank,  I  always  try  to  make  sure  my  tank  is  below  28C...I'm  using  only  PC  fan,  so  I  don't  really  get  constant  temperature...usually  the  temperature  will  drop  to  around  26C  at  night  or  near  dawn...and  temperature  will  rise  gradually  during  the  day  to  28C  or  sometime  29C(in  very  hot  days).  The  usage  of  bulb  and  timing  for  lighting  also  affects  temp,  in  that  tank  I  use  2xT8  15watt....which  IMO  emit  lesser  heat  compare  to  PLL...and  on  it  in  the  afternoon  till  late  evening.

Quote:                
wow......butttttiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiffffffullllllllllll  just  cant  take  my  evyes  away  from  the  tank....i  want  similar  glosso  carpet.  what  substrate  have  you  used....etc                

ajeesh...in  that  tank  I  only  use  plain  gravel  Very Happy....no  soil  or  anything  else...I  was  trying  to  acheive  an  ecosystem  in  there,  where  the  fauna  waste  will  act  as  CO2,  fertilizer  and  nutrient  for  the  plants...sometime  I  do  inject  CO2  thru  DIY,  just  to  enhance  the  plants  growth  Very Happy
ajeesh
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 9:38 pm Post subject: Re: Suitable Lighting for my 36 * 18 * 18 tank Reply with quote

wooo...cant  belive  it...the  plants  growing  in  gravel  only....surpise.....  Surprised
borneosucker
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 10:08 pm Post subject: Re: Suitable Lighting for my 36 * 18 * 18 tank Reply with quote

Haha...IMO  glosso  is  quite  easy  to  grow,  when  they  are  given  the  basic  needs  Very Happy
 yeap...gravel  only,  but  they  are  getting  their  nutrient  from  the  debris  trap  within  the  gravels....hehehe  Very Happy
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  Lighting for Planted Aquaria All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: