49. Guest
50. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 1,006
 Member(s): 0
 Total: 1,006

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 30,836

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - Driftwood Collection Trip
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

Driftwood Collection Trip
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> Fish Collection and Habitat Study Trips
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alistair
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:23 pm Post subject: Re: Driftwood Collection Trip Reply with quote

yup,thats  the  plan.
livincorpse
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:16 pm Post subject: Re: Driftwood Collection Trip Reply with quote

Ok,  as  of  now  there  is  me  ,  Satish  and  Nilesh  traveling  in  the  car.  However,  I  will  be  traveling  back  on  the  bike  with  my  friend.  
 Alistair  can  you  post  your  number  so  that  we  can  coordinate  with  you  in  the  morning  and  also  confirm  whether  you  will  be  coming  on  the  bike  or  in  the  car  with  us.
Alistair
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:18 pm Post subject: Re: Driftwood Collection Trip Reply with quote

Cool,  so  there  is  a  4th  seat  rite?  Ill  travel  in  the  car  then.  My  no.  is  9920478887.  Will  call  you  in  the  evening.
alpha91

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:48 pm Post subject: Re: Driftwood Collection Trip Reply with quote

Had  an  awesome  trip  today!  Thanks  to  Rohan,Prasad  (ilams)  for  ferrying  us  to  and  fro...  Pics  should  be  up  soon...
 Hope  the  Mumbai  guys  enjoyed  it,and  liked  the  spot  suggested  by  the  dude  from  Pune...
livincorpse
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:19 pm Post subject: Re: Driftwood Collection Trip Reply with quote

Back  finally.  Happy  to  say  the  trip  was  a  resounding  success.  Met  some  amazing  people  and  had  some  great  fishy  talks  with  the  likes  .
 Pictures  to  follow  soon.  The  'dude'  from  Pune  was  right  all  along   Chuckle
rasikanayak

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:26 pm Post subject: Re: Driftwood Collection Trip Reply with quote

Guys,

Waiting  eagerly  for  the  pictures  and  narration:)  

Regards,
 Nayak.
SNadar7
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:33 pm Post subject: Re: Driftwood Collection Trip Reply with quote

Mission  Accomplished  Jawans  !!  Cheering  

CHEERS..!!

Was  my  first  trip  with   IAH  and  had  a  great  time.  Thanks  2  all  mumbaites  and  puneites   who  came  together  and  made  it  a  success.

Surely  everybody  was  rewarded  with  awesome  driftwoods  and  had  fun  catching  some  of  the  natives  though  were  no  much  prepared  for  phishing  (Thanks  to  puneites  who  got  net).

Waiting  for  pics  of  the  same.  It  was  a  memorable  trip  and  looking  forward  to  more  in  future.  Thumbs Up  

Regards  
 Satish  Nadar
rohansd
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:10 pm Post subject: Re: Driftwood Collection Trip Reply with quote

It  sure  was  a  great  collection.
 The  place  was  full  of  wood.
 We  guys  started  at  abt  8.15  am  from  Chandni  Chowk  where  the  mumbai  folks  met  us.It  was  Nilesh  with  his  'truck',Nikhil  as  the  cleaner..  and  Satish  and  Ali  as  their  'passengers'.
 We  had  barely  moved  when  Ali,  living  upto  the  reputation  of  a  'passenger'  started  showing  symptoms  of  motion  sickness  !  Smile
 There  was  this  this  short  break  for  the  puke  followed  by  another  one  for  a  tea  cofee.
 We  moved  ahead  only  to  stop  by  a  fast  flowing  stream  where  we  tried  our  hands  at  some  fishing.
 None  of  us  was  really  prepared  as  this  was  more  of  a  driftwood  collection  trip.
 Out  came  small  handnets  and  then  futile  attempts  followed.
 It  was  then  decided  that  we  will  do  the  fishing  on  our  way  back..
 The  collection  spot  was  not  too  far  off  and  we  reached  there  within  an  hour.
 There  was  no  disappointment  at  the  collection  spot.
 The  place  looked  like  a  ravaged  jungle  with  broken  wood  pieces  all  over.

I  actually  felt  like  Alice  in  wonderland  with  so  much  wood  to  choose  from.
 We  kept  moving  ahead  picking  up  every  piece  that  we  found  interesting.
 After  a  while...each  of  our  hands  were  full  and  we  placed  everything  at  a  place  and  called  it  Collection  point  one  Smile  We  eventually  had  three  such  collection  points.

Finally,  we  returned  to  each  of  those  points  and  did  a  final  sorting  and  choosing  and  decided  the  best  looking  ones  and  dumped  them  into  the  boot  of  the  cars.

On  our  way  back   we  stopped  by  2  places  for  the  fishing.  
 This  time  Shubhankar  took  out  the  longer  mosquito  net  and  we  layed  our  hands  on  some  puntius  sp.  and  some  shrimps  and  loaches.
 The  second  spot  got  us  lot  of  rasboras....that  was  an  easy  catch.  

I  didnt  click  much  pics..
 Here  are  three  of  them..

L  to  R
 Nikhil,Nilesh,Satish,Nilesh,Shubhankar  (in  Yellow),Alistair  (Behind)
 Saikumar,Prasad

Last edited by rohansd on Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
random2

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:48 pm Post subject: Re: Driftwood Collection Trip Reply with quote

WOW.....  Thats  like  gold  mine  for  aquarists
alpha91

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:06 pm Post subject: Re: Driftwood Collection Trip Reply with quote

You  bet  Deepak  Smile  
 Just  have  a  look  at  some  of  the  pics  Nilesh  will  upload.  Car  Booties  were  literally  FILLED  to  the  limit  with  wood   Chuckle
dk_speedrun123
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:10 pm Post subject: Re: Driftwood Collection Trip Reply with quote

Had  a  great  time  collecting  the  driftwood  and  fishing.  It  felt  good  to  meet  the  mumbai  people.  I'll  keep  it  short.  All  I  can  say  is  that  we  had  a  great  time!
 Here  are  the  pics...

The  site...

Collecting  all  the  pieces  at  one  place...

Sorting  it  all  out...
 http://lh3.ggpht.com/_BzK8miw8GGM/SyOXFqYJRJI/AAAAAAAAAcg/bL8N9tlRVLY/s640/DSC_0195.jpg

Filling  the  cars  with  the  loot...

Time  to  leave  for  fishing!

Loaches

Preeths
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:15 pm Post subject: Re: Driftwood Collection Trip Reply with quote

Pack  some  and  ship  them  down  to  bangalore.........  Very Happy
Linelogic
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:19 pm Post subject: Re: Driftwood Collection Trip Reply with quote

Where  is  this  place  ......  I  wanna  go  ,  I  wanna  go........

Any  such  driftwood  Glodmines  near  Bangalore  ?!
nileshdama
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:26 pm Post subject: Re: Driftwood Collection Trip Reply with quote

Guyz,  

Thanks  a  ton  to  all  "Seniors"  for  such  a  wonderful  experience  -  This  was  my  first  trip  with  IAH  Seniors  and  I  am  LOVING  IT....  

Want  More  such  trips....  and  bonding  over  fishy  talks.....  God  loads  of  gyan  and  tips  from  all...  

Btw  -  Guyz  have  figured  out  a  way  to  ensure  that  our  Passenger  ALISTAIR  doesnt  get  sick  on  future  trips  -  Tranquilize  Alistair  so  that  he  doesnt  get  stressed  by  motion  and  change  in  climate,  location  etc  etc  

Thank  you  very  very  very  much  Rohan,  Sai,  Shubhankar,  Ali,  Satish  ,  Nilesh  Senior,  Prasad  for  a  memorable  experience.

Plus  -  got  a  souvenir  from  Shubhankar"SIR"  Wink  

As  expected,  my  folks  where  surprised  to  understand  why  i  drove  all  the  way  from  Mum  to  Pune  -  for  a  piece  of  wood..  Sad  and  some  shrimps  +  fishes...  all  i  can  say  is  forgive  them  ohhh  IAH  members  for  they  do   not  know  what  they  r  missing  ....

Cheers  !  and  more  such  trips  in  future...  

--
 Will  be  posting  the  SNAPS  sooon....  
 ----------------------------------------
 Excellent  snaps  -  Rohan,  Nilesh...  .
hayath_dyno

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:26 pm Post subject: Re: Driftwood Collection Trip Reply with quote

That's  some  serious  amount  of  driftwood,  some  very  nice  looking  ones  at  that!

BTW,  all  seemed  "perfectly  dressed"  for  a  collection  trip  Chuckle  
 Glad  it  was  fun  for  all  Smile  

Cheers,
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  Fish Collection and Habitat Study Trips All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 9 of 12

Jump to: