Posted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:01 pm Post subject: Help with one of my Discus
I have around 8 adults and 6 juvi Discus in my 75GL tank... other tank mates are 4 rams + 2 cory's and a danisoni. and its a low end planted setup.
Temp - 29
PH and Ammonia are both stable.
Daily 50% water change.
Everything is perfect in the tank, all the Discus are healhty with fins stretched out excellent colours and forever hungry.... Except one
This fellow hasn't eaten in 10 days, the body is fine... fins are fine and high too, swims normally. Eyes arent red like the others, its turning slightly towards the light orange shade, and normally is distant from the rest of them.
I tried Salt baths regularly for 5 days.. even regular metro hasnt helped..
Im confused now... cause it looks healthy in every way, just refuses to eat and not white poo either.
Posted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:23 pm Post subject: Re: Help with one of my Discus
What is the size of this discus ? Hope this one is not too small .
Treat this discus with metro in clinical tank .
1) Bare bottom tank with only aeration .
2) Plug on heater to 32 deg .
3) Dissolve Metro in warm water and add the solution to the tank .
4) Dose @ 1 gm for 100 ltrs.
5) Every day do 50% WC and redose with metro as above .
6)After 5 days stop treatment and give rest to disucs for 2 days .
7) In two days slowly bring down the temp to normal .
After 2 days , again carry on the above treatment for another 5 days .
9)During the course of treatment , if discus is eating feed Metro in feed .
10) Instead of treating single fish in clinical tank , treat some more fish , If treated in group , they response well .
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You cannot download files in this forum