34. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 464
 Member(s): 16
 Total: 480

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 29,071

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - discus behaviour
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

discus behaviour
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> Discuss Discus
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DiLSe
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:08 pm Post subject: Re: discus behaviour Reply with quote

So  Sad!!!!!!!!!!!  Crying or Very sad   Sad   Sad
PRAVU
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:10 am Post subject: Re: discus behaviour Reply with quote

Hi,  its  8th  day  from  the  previous  spawn.  Today  the  female  has  spawned.  But  the  problem  is  that,  I  observed  the  suspected  male  roaming  aroung  the  female  while  laying  and  trying  to  imitate  her  in  the  act  though  he  was  not  been  able  to  do  it  properly.  He  was  trying  to  go  vertically  through  the  PVC  pipe  upon  the  eggs  but  was  not  able  to  do  it  properly.  Now  the  time  is  2  am,  I  have  kept  the  light  on  and  tomorrow  I  will  put  a  net  cover  around  the  pipe.  My  question  is,  Is  it  possible  for  a  male  to  fail  and  try  to  do  somehow?  Can  it  be  due  to  its  immaturity?  If  this  is  the  case,  then  what  else  can  be  done?And  if  the  suspected  male  is  a  female,  is  it  possible  that  the  female  will  also  act  like  this?  Confusing.  Now  they  are  guarding  the  eggs.  And  the  male  is  trying  to  do  the  act  vigorously  and  eating  some  of  the  eggs  which  are  a  bit  small   and  different  in  colour.  and  it  also  seems  that  the  female  is  trying  to  make  him  learn  the  act  by  repeating  the  action  again  and  again.  Really  what  a  spectacular  thing  to  watch  Hope  for  the  best  and  waiting  for  the  experts  comment.
PRAVU
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:02 am Post subject: Re: discus behaviour Reply with quote

Now  I  have  put  a  wire  mess  in  the  tank,  dont  know  whether  the  male  has  hatched  or  not.  Bt  it  was  seems  that  they  were  started  eating,  so  I  put  the  guard.  Hopw  for  the  best.  I  have  put  meth  blue  too.  Here  is  a  picture,  sorry  for  the  bad  quality.
xarg0n
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:12 am Post subject: Re: discus behaviour Reply with quote

Hatch  Some  brine  shrimp  for  the  babies...and  also  for  the  parents  
 if  u  can  raise  the  shrimps  to  their  adulthood...

Classroom  Training  For  Hatching  Brine  Shrimp

Link
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PRAVU
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:57 am Post subject: Re: discus behaviour Reply with quote

Here  is  a  picture  of  today  morning.  They  both  are  around  the  surrounded  pipe.
Discusolic
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:56 am Post subject: Re: discus behaviour Reply with quote

Prabudha  ,

I  think  the  male  is  not  mature  enough  to  do  his  work.  You  should  give  him  sufficient  time.  Covering  the  eggs  immediately  means  you  are  preventing  the  male  from  fertilizing  the  eggs.  Sometimes  male  starts  fertilizing  the  eggs  after  female  finish  laying  her  eggs.  It  may  be  after  30  minutes  also.  
 You  need  to  have  truck  load  of  patience  in  discus  breeding  .

Thanks
PRAVU
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:02 pm Post subject: Re: discus behaviour Reply with quote

I  have  put  the  cover  after  3  hours  of  the  female  finished  laying  eggs.  I  have  watched  them  carefully  from  distance,  and  lastly  they  were  trying  to  eat  the  eggs.  (some  of  them,  not  all  though.).
PRAVU
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:04 pm Post subject: Re: discus behaviour Reply with quote

They  both  were  together  during  the  3  hours.  the  female  finished  at  11.30  pm,  and  I  have  put  cover  around  2.45  am.
PRAVU
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:06 am Post subject: Re: discus behaviour Reply with quote

The  good  news  is  that,  its  been  24  hrs,  and  the  eggs  are  dark  brown  in  colour.
adesh8028
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:09 am Post subject: Re: discus behaviour Reply with quote

Prabuddha,  dont  be  so  excited.  The  fun  starts  now,  unfertilized  eggs  will  start  turning  white  now.  You  will  come  to  know  the  results  soon  about  the  male.
PRAVU
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:38 am Post subject: Re: discus behaviour Reply with quote

Thanks  Adeshda,  you  know  why  I  am  excited.  Very Happy.  I  really  don't  know  what  is  going  on  in  there,  but  I  can  clearly  see  that  the  colour  of  the  eggs  are  brown  till  now.  It  is  32  hours  from  the  time  of  egg  laying.  Keeping  my  fingers  crossed.  Hope  for  the  best.  There  may  be  a  major  possibility  that  the  male  is  still  immature  and  couldn't  do  his  work  properly,  so  I  will  definitely  give  them  more  time  if  this  time  the  eggs  are  not  hatched.
PRAVU
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:41 am Post subject: Re: discus behaviour Reply with quote

After  32  hours.  I  am  not  taking  the  photo  of  the  eggs  as  I  dot  want  to  disturb  them.
SumanG
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:57 am Post subject: Re: discus behaviour Reply with quote

Good  Luck  Prabuddha,  keep  us  updated  .

Regards,
 Suman
PRAVU
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:54 pm Post subject: Re: discus behaviour Reply with quote

Bad  luck  guys.  Today  after  60  hours  I  removed  the  cover  and  saw  that  there  were  some  dark  coloured  as  well  as  white  coloured  eggs  which  was  not  seen  due  to  the  cover,  but  unfortunately  both  of  them  came  and  particularly  the  male  eat  all  of  them  followed  by  the  female.  Sad.  All  the  efforts  and  patience,  time............Really  very  sad.
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  Discuss Discus All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: