41. Guest
42. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 464
 Member(s): 16
 Total: 480

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 30,815

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - How to spot Original Rid-all medicine, LFS selling duplicate
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

How to spot Original Rid-all medicine, LFS selling duplicate
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> Fishkeeping and Aquaristics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deepakarora
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:32 pm Post subject: How to spot Original Rid-all medicine, LFS selling duplicate Reply with quote

Hello  Friends,

Following  is  a  pic  of  Rid-all  products,  4  of  these  I  bought  from  LFS  and  2  I  bought  from  the  biggest  wholesaler  in  Delhi,  Laxmi  Nagar.  I  suspect  that  all  4  items  that  I  bought  from  LFS  are  duplicates.

Sample  A  (may  be  60ml)-  Bought  from  LFS  -  A  small  anti-chlorine  bottle  given  to  me  by  LFS  when  I  bought  the  tank.  From  the  shabby  packaging,  I  concluded  that  this  is  not  rid  all  product.

Sample  B  (may  be  80  ml)  -  Bought  from  LFS  -  This  was  supposedly  a  better  anti-chlorine  product  and  I  considered  this  to  be  original  product  before  I  bought  from  the  wholesaler.

Sample  C  (200  ml)-  Bought  from  Wholesaler  -  This  is  the  latest  product  that  I  bought  from  the  biggest  wholesaler  in  Delhi,  It  has  different  Rid-all  logo,  it  is  almost  color  less  as  compared  to  other  two  which  were  green.

Sample  D  (may  be  60ml)-  Bought  from  LFS  -  This  was  supposedly  anti  -  itch  bottle  which  was  given  to  me  by  LFS  when  I  bought  the  tank,  because  of  its  shabby  looks  I  consider  it  a  duplicate.

Sample  E  (120  ml)-  Bought  from  LFS  -  I  was  considering  this  to  be  original  bottle  because  of  its  nice  packaing  and  new  rid  all  logo,  i  was  adding  8  tea  spoons  of  it  whenever  I  changed  the  water,  but  blue  color  in  the  water  was  not  so  strong  and  will  evidently  faded  away  in  1  hour  max  after  adding  the  medicine.

Sample  F  (200  ml)  -  Bought  from  wholesaler  -  When  I  was  finished  with  sample  E  bottle  I  started  using  this  bottle  for  medicine  and  I  was  shocked,  the  blue  color  was  at  least  4  times  stronger  in  this  one  and  tank  remained  blue  colored  for  1  day  and  light  blue  on  2  nd  day.  That  made  me  think  that  Sample  E  was  also  a  duplicate.

Thanks  a  lot  guys  for  reading  through  this,  and  please  post  your  comments  so  that  people  who  are  new  to  fish  keeping  like  me  would  be  able  to  avoid  these  mistakes  and  give  the  best  medicine  and  food  to  their  fishes.
DiLSe
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:06 pm Post subject: Re: How to spot Original Rid-all medicine, LFS selling dupli Reply with quote

Hi.  Deepakarora.
 I  also  support  you,  this  is  a  big  problem.  The  maximum  number  of  LFS  sell  us  Duplicate  medicine,  which  is  unhygienic  to  fishes,  it  also  may  cause  death  to  fish  due  to  duplicate  medicine.  I  don't  know  they  do  that?

One  way  to  Avoid  this,  --  Always  buy  Medicine  from  a  Reputed  Medical  Store,  which  may  be  helpful  to  Fish  Keepers.
SumanG
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:09 pm Post subject: Re: How to spot Original Rid-all medicine, LFS selling dupli Reply with quote

Friends,

It’s  horrible  these  days  ....  products  are  duplicated.  Humans  ranks  the  No.1  target  with  adulterated  food  medicines  and  what  not.  You  name  it  and  there  will  be  a  duplicate  or  a  adulterated  product.  Sigh!!
 Now  it’s  turn  for  the  fishes.   Although  they  have  been  suffering  for  ages  in  the  wild  due  to  polluted  water,  chemicals,  …..  the  list  is  endless  and  now  in  our  own  homes  they  are  becoming  victims.  

Not  sure  when  we  cannot  save  ourselves  how  we  would  save  our  loved  pets  from  this  evil.

Many  many  thanks  Deepak  for  bringing  into  notice  this  misdeed.  I  heard  one  incident  in  Pune  where  LFS  guy  was  seen  manipulating  TetraBits.

Lets  us  join  hands  and  defend  our  pets  to  the  extent  we  can.

Regards,
 Suman
DiLSe
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:28 pm Post subject: Re: How to spot Original Rid-all medicine, LFS selling dupli Reply with quote

SumanG  wrote  (View  Post):                
Friends,

Not  sure  when  we  cannot  save  ourselves  how  we  would  save  our  loved  pets  from  this  evil.

Many  many  thanks  Deepak  for  bringing  into  notice  this  misdeed.  I  heard  one  incident  in  Pune  where  LFS  guy  was  seen  manipulating  TetraBits.

Lets  us  join  hands  and  defend  our  pets  to  the  extent  we  can.

Regards,
 Suman                

I  support  you.
aquariumer
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:59 pm Post subject: Re: How to spot Original Rid-all medicine, LFS selling dupli Reply with quote

Deepak  thansk  for  sharing  your  analysis
 but  as  your  subject  line  can  you  suggest  tips  of  original  one
krash
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:09 pm Post subject: Re: How to spot Original Rid-all medicine, LFS selling dupli Reply with quote

Thumb Up
deepakarora
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:35 pm Post subject: Re: How to spot Original Rid-all medicine, LFS selling dupli Reply with quote

Thanks  a  lot  friends  for  all  your  support,  I  bought  some  medicines  from  the  wholesaler  and  I  believe  they  are  real  deal  because  I  have  matched  their  covers  with  people  who  are  selling  them  on  ebay.co.uk  and  ebay.com,  I  am  not  an  expert  and  just  a  learner  but  I  have  noticed  few  things..

1.  Originally  imported  medicine  will  have  exactly  the  same  packaging  as  what  they  are  selling  online  in  other  countries.

2.  They  all  have  same  logo  at  their  backs.

3.  They  all  had  measuring  scale  printed  on  their  bottles.

4.  The  exact  quantity  will  be  mentioned  on  the  bottle  itself.  

5.  Packaging  will  not  be  shabby  and  will  be  very  clear.

6.  If  you  have  been  using  duplicates,  the  difference  will  be  very  noticeable  when  you  will  use  the  original.  

I  have  complied  all  the  original  rid-all  medicine  that  I  have  in  one  big  picture,  so  that  you  can  spot  the  difference...

As  you  can  see  in  the  above  pic
 1.  In  first  row  you  have,  RidAll  Anti  Chlorine,  Anti-Ich,  General  Aid
 2.  IN  Second  Row,  RidAll  Anti-Fungus,  Koi  and  Goldfish  Special,  Methylene  blue  1%  B.V.F
 3.  Showing  the  measuring  Scale
 4.  the  logo  on  the  back  of  bottles  will  mention  RidAll,  2  in  Triangle,  HDPE.

Please  pardon  me  friend  if  I  have  said  something  wrong,  as  I  am  also  just  a  novice  in  fish  keeping  and  trying  to  do  my  best  in  getting  the  best  products  for  them.
krash
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:50 pm Post subject: Re: How to spot Original Rid-all medicine, LFS selling dupli Reply with quote

Clapping  

useful  info
Ansh681
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:33 am Post subject: Re: How to spot Original Rid-all medicine, LFS selling dupli Reply with quote

Thumbs Up
Shera
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:16 pm Post subject: Re: How to spot Original Rid-all medicine, LFS selling dupli Reply with quote

From  which  wholeseller  did  u  bought  it???
Madan
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:08 pm Post subject: Re: How to spot Original Rid-all medicine, LFS selling dupli Reply with quote

Why  do  you  guys  want  to  buy  fake  medications  or  any  medications  for  that  matter?

Buy  Methelene  Blue,  Malachite  Green,  Sodium  thiosulphate,  from  a  lab  store  and  common  salt  crystals  
 from  your  grocer.  Mix  your  own  stock  solution  each  time.

25  gms  packaging  of  Methylene  Blue  and  Malachite  Green  crystals  will  last  you  a  life  time.
 So  will  500  gms  of  Sodium  thiosulphate  (hypo).
deepakarora
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:32 pm Post subject: Re: How to spot Original Rid-all medicine, LFS selling dupli Reply with quote

Shera  wrote  (View  Post):                
From  which  wholeseller  did  u  bought  it???                

Fish  Aquarium  Home  
 H-16,  17,  Vikas  Marg,  Laxmi  Nagar,
 Delhi  -  110092,  India.
 It  is  between  laxmi  nagar  metro  station  and  nirman  vihar  metro  station.
 You  can  get  off  at  laxmi  nagar  metro  station  and  walk  towards  nirman  vihar  metro  station,  It  will  be  a  very  big  shop  on  the  left  side.  You  cant  miss  it!
deepakarora
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:15 pm Post subject: Re: How to spot Original Rid-all medicine, LFS selling dupli Reply with quote

Madan  wrote  (View  Post):                
Why  do  you  guys  want  to  buy  fake  medications  or  any  medications  for  that  matter?

Buy  Methelene  Blue,  Malachite  Green,  Sodium  thiosulphate,  from  a  lab  store  and  common  salt  crystals  
 from  your  grocer.  Mix  your  own  stock  solution  each  time.

25  gms  packaging  of  Methylene  Blue  and  Malachite  Green  crystals  will  last  you  a  life  time.
 So  will  500  gms  of  Sodium  thiosulphate  (hypo).                

Dear  Madan,

This  is  the  first  time  I  have  heard  this,  can  you  kindly  explain  this  in  more  details  if  you  can,  that  would  be  of  great  help  to  us  newbies  :)

By  lab  store  do  you  mean  chemist  shop  (stupid  question  I  know)?

Thanks  and  Regards
 Deepak  Arora
Madan
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:03 pm Post subject: Re: How to spot Original Rid-all medicine, LFS selling dupli Reply with quote

Lab  Store  -  Laboratory  Chemicals  Supplier.

There  is  a  thread  in  the  Diseases  and  Cures  section  about  making  the  stock  solution  and  dosage.

You  might  get  Methylene  Blue  at  a  Chemist  but  not  the  others  definitely.
Shera
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:22 am Post subject: Re: How to spot Original Rid-all medicine, LFS selling dupli Reply with quote

Can  u  pls  tell  anyother  wholeseller  in  delhi  like  laxmi  ngar....i  have  large  oscars  n  parrots  i  mainly  feed  them  fried  dried  RAINBOW  SHRIMPS  I  want  to  buy  them  in  bulk.  The  packing  comes  in  tin...  If  anyone  know  pls  let  me  know  as  local  LFS  charge  too  much
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  Fishkeeping and Aquaristics All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: