194. Guest
195. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 1,909
 Member(s): 0
 Total: 1,909

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 30,885

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - WTB - Fish Tank and Hood - Hyderabad
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

WTB - Fish Tank and Hood - Hyderabad
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> Want to Buy - Hobbyist Only
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rohitskapoor
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:03 pm Post subject: WTB - Fish Tank and Hood - Hyderabad Reply with quote

Hi,

I  want  to  buy  a  4ft  x  2ft  x  2ft  tank  and  the  hood  in  Hyderabad.

Please  do  let  me  know  if  anyone  has  any  details.

Regards,
 Rohit  Suraj  Kapoor
djay
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:34 pm Post subject: Re: WTB - Fish Tank and Hood - Hyderabad Reply with quote

Check  out  with  Philips  aquarium  or  Jasmine  Aquarists  in  Regimental  bazar  secunderabad
djay
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:07 pm Post subject: Re: WTB - Fish Tank and Hood - Hyderabad Reply with quote

Let  me  say  that  I  didnt  see  major  differences  between  tanks  made  anywhere  in  hyderabad.  

If  you  are  talking  about  moulded  tanks,  that  is  a  different  ballgame  together.

Pardon  me,  if  my  eyes  cant  figure  out  the  finishes  and  the  rocket  science  part  which  goes  beyond  it
machiwala
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:07 pm Post subject: Re: WTB - Fish Tank and Hood - Hyderabad Reply with quote

Severumkid  wrote  (View  Post):                

Sad  to  hear  Djay  that  you  think  that  a  tank  is  like  Hero  Honda  (fill  it,  shut  it,  forget  it).  Cut,  fix,  silicone  and  sell.  

You  should  come  and  check  the  finish  of  tanks  that  people  are  selling.  It  is  not  only  me,  if  you  open  your  eyes  a  little  more,  I  am  sure  you  can  suggest  people  to  better  shops.

Plz  point  us  in  the  right  direction  Dev..  would  like  to  know  more  about  the  better  shops  and  the  people  you  mentioned.
parthapratim22
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:13 pm Post subject: Re: WTB - Fish Tank and Hood - Hyderabad Reply with quote

It  is  not  at  all  a  matter  to  find  a  4ftr  and  Hood  in  hyderabad...and  if  talking  about  finishing  please  visit  the  shops  at  Rez  Bazar,  As  Rao  Nagar,  West  Mareedpally,  Lothkunta,  Masabtank,  Nmdc  toward  Mehedipatnam,  Even  at  Kishnanagar,  SR  Nagar,  etc  n  etc...and  spot  the  best  one  by  your  own  eyes...It  will  take  a  whole  week,  or  a  singlr  Satrday  and  Sunday  and  Rs100...  Chuckle
Severumkid
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:48 am Post subject: Re: WTB - Fish Tank and Hood - Hyderabad Reply with quote

Rohit,

let  us  know  what  you  are  looking  at?  Are  you  simply  looking  for  a  aquarium  with  no  major  fancy  on  finish?  Then  Djay  has  shown  you  the  way  to  the  cheapest  stores.

Or,

You  are  looking  for  a  good  looking  aquarium  made  with  a  good  finish  in  mind  at  a  decent  pricing?

Or,

An  aquarium  that  can  match  a  branded  tank  for  your  drawing  room.  

Good  to  say,  you  have  got  choices.

@Partha  pratim
 It  is  not  feasible  for  some  one  to  roam  the  city  all  day  just  for  the  sake  of  buying  an  aquarium,  my  dear  friend.  That  is  why  people  will  come  to  forum  to  tap  the  knowledge  base  of  existing  and  conscious  hobbyists,  so  that  they  can  save  money,  time,  energy  and  go  to  the  right  people  for  what  they  are  looking.

People,  please  understand,  that  I  myself  believe  in  lower  margins  and  higher  volume  policy  when  it  comes  to  general  goods.  But  for  some,  pricing  is  the  only  criteria.  They  will  always  go  to  the  cheapest  stores.  People  who  seek  quality  are  not  fools.  And  they  are  not  blind.  They  are  smarter  than  people  seeking  only  cheap  deals,  IMHO.  People  looking  for  quality  also  look  for  good  pricing.  So  a  shop  that  does  not  charge  exorbitantly  and  gives  quality  products,  is  something  that  needs  to  be  promoted  for  the  betterment  of  the  hobby.

I  do  not  want  to  name  any  shop  here  as  I  do  not  have  any  intention  of  promoting  anybody,  not  me  either  on  IAH  forum  where  we  generally  discuss  hobby  and  not  promote  business  at  others  expense.  But  I  assure  you  that  there  are  shops  that  are  much  better  than  the  regular  rezimental  bazaar  shops.  I  do  not  have  any  problem  with  Rezimental  bazaar  shops,  it  takes  all  kinds  to  make  it  what  it  is.  

This  has  been  sooo  many  time  discussed  on  IAH.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
parthapratim22
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:55 am Post subject: Re: WTB - Fish Tank and Hood - Hyderabad Reply with quote

Severumkid  wrote  (View  Post):                

It  is  not  feasible  for  some  one  to  roam  the  city  all  day  just  for  the  sake  of  buying  an  aquarium,  my  dear  friend.  That  is  why  people  will  come  to  forum  to  tap  the  knowledge  base  of  existing  and  conscious  hobbyists,  so  that  they  can  save  money,  time,  energy  and  go  to  the  right  people  for  what  they  are  looking.

I  do  not  want  to  name  any  shop  here  as  I  do  not  have  any  intention  of  promoting  anybody,  not  me  either  on  IAH  forum  where  we  generally  discuss  hobby  and  not  promote  business  at  others  expense.  But  I  assure  you  that  there  are  shops  that  are  much  better  than  the  regular  rezimental  bazaar  shops.  I  do  not  have  any  problem  with  Rezimental  bazaar  shops,  it  takes  all  kinds  to  make  it  what  it  is.  

This  has  been  sooo  many  time  discussed  on  IAH.                

Yes  I  agree  with  that,  but  he  is  buying  a  4ftr  so  I  think  he  can  do  that  much...

And  also  agree  with  your  last  part  about  Rez  Bazar...its  Hell  for  fishes...
Severumkid
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:56 am Post subject: Re: WTB - Fish Tank and Hood - Hyderabad Reply with quote

Just  wanted  to  add  -  I  personally  hate  molded  tanks.  I  think  they  look  and  make  your  fish  look  like
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rohitskapoor
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:24 pm Post subject: Re: WTB - Fish Tank and Hood - Hyderabad Reply with quote

Thanks  Guys.

I  am  looking  for  a  decent  kinds,  I  have  been  to  many  Aquaruims  around  here  and  every  body  is  trying  to  quote  a  huge  price.

The  best  quote  i  got  for  a  8  mm  glass  tank  is  4xxx  which  I  think  is  too  much...

Sometime  back  got  a  number  of  a  person  who  will  come  home  and  make  the  tank  and  he  will  take  making  charges.,  trying  to  get  hold  of  him...

Also  for  the  canopy,  this  guy  is  asking  for  Rs  3xxx,  and  will  get  it  from  Vijaywada,  need  to  check  what  kind  of  a  hood  it  is..if  anyone  has  any  idea...

I  have  already  roamed  a  lot  when  i  was  getting  my  first  molded  tank  and  it  seems  everything  in  Hyderabad  comes  through  only  one  person  and  it  totally  depends  on  her  when  she  will  get  the  new  consignment.  I  got  my  1st  molded  tank  in  2  weeks  as  my  wife  wanted  a  particular  color  and  it  was  not  in  stock....

I  wanted  to  make  my  2nd  tank  a  planted  tank  and  hence  looking  for  a  decent  hood  too  not  any  carpenter  thing  which  will  be  the  regular  ┬áhouse  shaped...

Hope  this  clears  some  of  the  questions  .....  could  have  done  alone  by  more  roaming  around  but  though  of  asking  the  experts  present  in  this  group....

Would  love  to  share  snaps  when  i  am  through  with  buying  the  tank  and  start  my  planted  spacing...

Thanks  Again.

Regards,
 Rohit

Moderator:  Please  read  forum  rules.  Price  discussions  are  not  allowed  in  the  forum.  You  can  always  use  PM.

[Rohit]  -  Sorry  about  that,  will  take  care  going  forward,  thanks.
Mohammed Mudassir
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:46 pm Post subject: Re: WTB - Fish Tank and Hood - Hyderabad Reply with quote

let  me  tell  u  a  thing,
 if  u  go  to  a  LFS  they  will  quote  high  prices  as  its  thier  lively  hood,  the  more  money  they  can  make  the  better,  try  to  bargain  with  them  and  see  what  would  be  the  last  price  they  can  come  down  to.  If  that  price  doesnt  suit  you  you  can  check  some  other  shop,  or  if  you  want  to  get  it  even  more  cheaper  best  thing  would  be  to  DIY,  its  fun  and  also  you  will  be  proud  that  the  tank  sitting  in  your  house  was  made  by  you,  same  for  the  hood  you  can  get  it  custom  made  as  per  your  requirement  at  any  caprenters  or  DIY.
 Rezimental  bazaar  is  supposed  to  be  the  cheapest  place  in  HYD  where  you  can  get  tanks  etc..  for  a  cheap  price,  the  LFS  keepers  there  compete  with  each  other  so  prices  there  would  be  cheaper  than  anywhere  else  in  HYD,  but  be  sure  of  what  you  buy,  these  guys  use  second  hand  glass  which  does  look  as  good  as  new  except  for  one  or  two  scratches,  these  kind  of  tanks  will  come  out  cheaper  than  the  rest,  it  all  depends  on  your  ability  to  bargain.  cheers
 P.S-  check  your  PM
djay
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:42 pm Post subject: Re: WTB - Fish Tank and Hood - Hyderabad Reply with quote

Dont  agree  with  the  below  statement.  It  is  just  the  traffic,  amount  of  footfall  and  the  competition  which  allows  them  to  be  cheap.  Agree  though  that  quality  is  not  much  concern  here

but  be  sure  of  what  you  buy,  these  guys  use  second  hand  glass  which  does  look  as  good  as  new  except  for  one  or  two  scratches,  these  kind  of  tanks  will  come  out  cheaper  than  the  rest
Rohitskapoor
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:24 am Post subject: Re: WTB - Fish Tank and Hood - Hyderabad Reply with quote

thanks  Mudassir,  had  never  heard  of  Rezimental  bazaar  until  this  forum  maybe  cause  not  a  local  here.  Will  go  there  tomm  and  check  it  out.

Regards,
 Rohit
Mohammed Mudassir
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:37 am Post subject: Re: WTB - Fish Tank and Hood - Hyderabad Reply with quote

djay  wrote  (View  Post):                
Dont  agree  with  the  below  statement.  It  is  just  the  traffic,  amount  of  footfall  and  the  competition  which  allows  them  to  be  cheap.  Agree  though  that  quality  is  not  much  concern  here

but  be  sure  of  what  you  buy,  these  guys  use  second  hand  glass  which  does  look  as  good  as  new  except  for  one  or  two  scratches,  these  kind  of  tanks  will  come  out  cheaper  than  the  rest                

i  know  where  these  guys  get  there  glass  from,  i  got  mine  from  the  same  dealer  when  setting  up  my  fish  room,  and  i  said  most  of  the  LFS  keepers  not  all,   so  pls
djay
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:49 am Post subject: Re: WTB - Fish Tank and Hood - Hyderabad Reply with quote

I  was  just  wondering  who  sells  so  much  of  second  hand  glass,  thatz  all.

The  art  of  selling  is  to  show  how  much  your  product  is  superior  not  how  much  the  other  product  is  useless.
djay
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:03 am Post subject: Re: WTB - Fish Tank and Hood - Hyderabad Reply with quote

Also  for  the  canopy,  this  guy  is  asking  for  Rs  3xxx,  and  will  get  it  from  Vijaywada,  need  to  check  what  kind  of  a  hood  it  is..if  anyone  has  any  idea...  

I  have  this  one.  It  is  much  better  than  the  usual  acrylic  sheet.  Looks  like  Kerala  style  hut.  You  can  look  at  one  of  my  posts  which  has  this  pic.
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  Want to Buy - Hobbyist Only All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: