26. Guest
27. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 464
 Member(s): 16
 Total: 480

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 29,082

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - Eheim 2217 or JBl Cristalprofi e1500
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

Eheim 2217 or JBl Cristalprofi e1500
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> Filtration Equipment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Biby
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:34 pm Post subject: Eheim 2217 or JBl Cristalprofi e1500 Reply with quote

Hi,

I  am  planning  to  buy  an  external  canister  filter  for  my  90  gallon  tank  (48  *  18  *  24)  .  Am  kinda  confused  which  brand  \  model  to  buy.  The  2  models  that  i  have  in  mind  are  eheim  2217  and  JBL  Cristalprofi  e1500.  Which  one  do  you  think  would  be  a  better  one  in  terms  of  performance  and  availability  of  media  \  spare  parts?  From  where  can  i  buy  it  in  Mumbai.  If  there  are  any  other  good  filters  for  this  tank  size  please  mention  theri  names  also.
random2

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:25 pm Post subject: Re: Eheim 2217 or JBl Cristalprofi e1500 Reply with quote

If  budget  is  not  an  issue,  go  for  Eheim.  2217  might  be  a  bit  small  for  your  tank.
Seetharam

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:12 pm Post subject: Re: Eheim 2217 or JBl Cristalprofi e1500 Reply with quote

Go  in  for  2217,  Best  available,  Spare  parts  easily  available,  Have  been  hearing  a  lot  of  complaints  for  JBL  canisters  especially  with  the  impeller.
govindsj
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:49 pm Post subject: Re: Eheim 2217 or JBl Cristalprofi e1500 Reply with quote

Eheim  2217,  the  best  in  terms  of  durability  and  spares.
 Tried  and  tested  by  many.

govindsj
rajiv
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:21 pm Post subject: Re: Eheim 2217 or JBl Cristalprofi e1500 Reply with quote

hai....govind  sj....where  do  u  find  ehim  2217  in  bangalore....what  will  be  the  prize  approximatley.....  and  hows  jebao...
govindsj
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:47 pm Post subject: Re: Eheim 2217 or JBl Cristalprofi e1500 Reply with quote

Try  online  or  contact  Prabhu  Xavier,  Aquarium  store  Indiranagar  I  bought  my  2217  from  him.

govindsj
Ryel
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:32 pm Post subject: Re: Eheim 2217 or JBl Cristalprofi e1500 Reply with quote

I  would  not  suggest  any  one  of  them.  I  tell  you  i  am  a  user  of  a  eheim  2217  and  it  does  provide  good  results  but  the  same  can  be  achieved  with  a  SUNSUN  also  which  i  am  using  on  my  second  tank.  All  do  say  replacements  are  easily  available  that  is  good  and  true  when  it  come  to  eheim  but  you  will  only  be  able  to  avail  of  those  (free)  within  warranty  period  of  1  year  which  in  most  case  the  filter  runs  without  any  problem  for  one  year.  After  that  any  small  part  will  cost  you  a  bomb  and  then  you  will  curse  yourself  eg:  a  16/22  connector  did  cost  me  more  than  Rs  2XXX  now  that  is  a  lot  expensive.  The  extenal  canister  (if  it  cracks  or  leaks)  cost  more  and  the  motor  pump  even  more  so  you  will  be  better  off  getting  a  new  filter  altogether.

Give  a  thought  on  the  SUNSUN  models  they  do  come  a  lot  cheaper  than  eheim  with  nice  trays/containers  to  put  in  filter  media  in.

I  hope  this  helps.

Thanks,

Ryel
govindsj
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:40 pm Post subject: Re: Eheim 2217 or JBl Cristalprofi e1500 Reply with quote

Hi!
       In  general  all  canisters  require  maintenance  either  be  it  X.Y  or  Z.  So  every  6  months  you  would  need  clean  it.  If  you  are  looking  at  efficiency  there  is  no  comparison  with  eheim.

govindsj
Biby
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:58 pm Post subject: Re: Eheim 2217 or JBl Cristalprofi e1500 Reply with quote

Hi,

Thank  you  friends  for  all  your  replies.  Where  can  i  buy  genuine  eheim  2217  in  Mumbai  at  the  best  rates  with  warranty.  I  have  seen  rates  online  ranging  from  6,***  to  8,***.  Also  LFS  have  quoted  me  rates  between  7,***  to  9,***.  I  dont  wanna  get  fooled  into  paying  an  higher  rate  :-).  Also  is  a  prefilter  needed  for  the  2217?  If  yes  then  which  one?

Thanks,
 Biby
Travelmonk
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:07 pm Post subject: Re: Eheim 2217 or JBl Cristalprofi e1500 Reply with quote

Biby  wrote  (View  Post):                
Hi,

Thank  you  friends  for  all  your  replies.  Where  can  i  buy  genuine  eheim  2217  in  Mumbai  at  the  best  rates  with  warranty.  I  have  seen  rates  online  ranging  from  6,***  to  8,***.  Also  LFS  have  quoted  me  rates  between  7,***  to  9,***.  I  dont  wanna  get  fooled  into  paying  an  higher  rate  :-).  Also  is  a  prefilter  needed  for  the  2217?  If  yes  then  which  one?

Thanks,
 Biby                

Hi,  

I  bought  my  Eheim  2217  with  filter  media  from  a  guy  called  Kishorebhai  at  Rs.7***,  i  can  PM  u  the  price.  However,  lst  wednesday  i  was  at  Nautilius  and  saw  hundreds  of  Eheim  filters  in  stock  with  filter  media....
Mel81x
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:25 pm Post subject: Re: Eheim 2217 or JBl Cristalprofi e1500 Reply with quote

Using  a  SunSun  myself  and  have  to  say  for  the  price  its  quite  a  steal.  It  will  give  you  what  you  need  without  burning  a  hole  in  your  pocket.  I  will  eventually  graduate  to  an  Eheim  but  I  can  tell  you  right  now  that  value  for  buck  at  a  moderate  cost  lies  with  SunSun.
Biby
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:26 pm Post subject: Re: Eheim 2217 or JBl Cristalprofi e1500 Reply with quote

Hi  friends,

i  finally  bought  the  Eheim  2217  which  i  was  planning  since  a  long  time  :-)  .  Havent  set  it  up  yet.  The  cabinet  needs  some  carpentary  work  before  the  filter  can  be  set  up.  One  problem  i  have  run  into  is  that  the  connecting  hoses  (inlet  and  outlet)  that  come  with  the  filter  are  kinda  short  for  my  aquarium  set  up.  I  need  hoses  which  are  at  least  a  couple  of  feet  longer.  Do  i  have  to  go  in  for  the  original  Eheim  hoses  only  or  can  i  buy  a  local  made  rubber  pipe  of  the  same  dimension  from  the  market.  If  it  has  to  be  Ehiem  hoses  then  where  can  i  get  them  from?  Also  the  person  from  whom  i  bought  the  filter  told  me  that  the  filter  can  be  kept  on  for  around  6-8  hours  per  day  and  this  would  be  sufficient  for  my  90  gallon  tank.  By  doing  this  the  we  can  ensure  that  the  filter  has  a  longer  life.  I  told  him  that  i  have  read  in  articles  that  the  filter  must  be  kept  on  24/7  else  the  filter  bacteria  would  die  off.  To  this  he  did  not  give  a  convincing  answer.  Please  let  me  know  if  its  fine  to  keep  the  filter  off  for  a  few  hours  as  he  has  suggested?
KungFuPanda
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:34 pm Post subject: Re: Eheim 2217 or JBl Cristalprofi e1500 Reply with quote

Biby  wrote  (View  Post):                
Hi  friends,

i  finally  bought  the  Eheim  2217  which  i  was  planning  since  a  long  time  :-)  .  Havent  set  it  up  yet.  The  cabinet  needs  some  carpentary  work  before  the  filter  can  be  set  up.  One  problem  i  have  run  into  is  that  the  connecting  hoses  (inlet  and  outlet)  that  come  with  the  filter  are  kinda  short  for  my  aquarium  set  up.  I  need  hoses  which  are  at  least  a  couple  of  feet  longer.  Do  i  have  to  go  in  for  the  original  Eheim  hoses  only  or  can  i  buy  a  local  made  rubber  pipe  of  the  same  dimension  from  the  market.  If  it  has  to  be  Ehiem  hoses  then  where  can  i  get  them  from?  Also  the  person  from  whom  i  bought  the  filter  told  me  that  the  filter  can  be  kept  on  for  around  6-8  hours  per  day  and  this  would  be  sufficient  for  my  90  gallon  tank.  By  doing  this  the  we  can  ensure  that  the  filter  has  a  longer  life.  I  told  him  that  i  have  read  in  articles  that  the  filter  must  be  kept  on  24/7  else  the  filter  bacteria  would  die  off.  To  this  he  did  not  give  a  convincing  answer.  Please  let  me  know  if  its  fine  to  keep  the  filter  off  for  a  few  hours  as  he  has  suggested?                

Wall Bang  
 You  should  keep  the  filter  on  24X7  ....and  thats  very  true  and  efficient  method  which  is  to  be  practiced  with  every  canister  

If  used  properly,  the  filter  will  work  for  years  depite  for  running  it  24X7

You  can  get  any  hose  you  want...will  not  make  much  difference  

For  eheim  official  stuff  ...I  know  only  one  shop  and  thats  aqua  nature  in  borivili
popatlal
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:04 pm Post subject: Re: Eheim 2217 or JBl Cristalprofi e1500 Reply with quote

keep  filter  on  all  da  time  man
sriram606
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:10 am Post subject: Re: Eheim 2217 or JBl Cristalprofi e1500 Reply with quote

dear  friends,  this  is  sriram  from  mysore.  this  is  my  first  post.  i  read  a  person  telling  that  sunsun  can  do  the  job  of  eheim.  sunsun  is  the  worst  filter  on  the  earth.  i  am  using  sunsun  with  uv  lamp,  tank  of  90(48*18*24)  gallons.  the  filter  media  is  ,  1kg  of  activated  carbon,  ceramic  rings  and  zeolite,  added  with  filter  pads.   the  water  turns  green  in  just  three  days  after  70%  of  water  change  Shocked  .  i  never  turn  off  the  filter.  its  silent  and  dont  leak,  but  has  very  short  spray  bar  and  cant  keep  water  mooving  alover  the  tank.  i  think,   small  tanks  can  be  benifited  by  this  filter.  BUT  DONT  DARE  TO  USE  THIS  FILTER  IN  BIG  TANKS,  i  had  burnt  my  hands   Sad  and  now  selling  it  off.  planning  to  buy  an  eheim2217.
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  Filtration Equipment All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: